Like Tree9877Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Can anyone reiterate for me the vision requirements? I recently had a prescription for glasses filled for the first time ever and know a guy who was disqualified last time due to his vision. It's not a strong prescription but I'd like to take care of whatever needs to be taken care of before it's too late.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List # 18XX
    Intake 03/05/14
    Cpat 03/27/14 - Passed
    Medical 07/22/14
    Psychological 08/09/14

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Can anyone reiterate for me the vision requirements? I recently had a prescription for glasses filled for the first time ever and know a guy who was disqualified last time due to his vision. It's not a strong prescription but I'd like to take care of whatever needs to be taken care of before it's too late.
    You can take the eye exam with contacts or glasses. There are no restrictions, well unless you truly have a serious vision impairment that will not allow you to do the job. LASIK surgery is not a requirement......
    TomFromQueens and mocon337 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Good. Your psych is'nt gonna be the same week as your medical. Do you live in NYC?

My theory was that Zach only got his appointments back-to-back becuz he's an out of towner. Just hoping im correct cuz i cant take too many days off so close together. Thanks
    I got the letter via mail to the address that I have listed in NYC (I'm still serving in the Army. Getting out and moving back to NYC in June)
    Exam 2000
    List # 13X
    Score 106

Forum Member

Since he resigned from the EMS does that mean he is no longer in this current promo class either ? Or does it simply mean if he doesn't make it through this class he can't go back to EMS ?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Since he resigned from the EMS does that mean he is no longer in this current promo class either ? Or does it simply mean if he doesn't make it through this class he can't go back to EMS ?
    The only way he can get on FD is by taking the next OC exam and actually scoring hiring range, That's what that means.

MembersZone Subscriber

He was only on since December, so he wasn't in the current class. Let alone, he still had to establish the 2 years of civil service time in order to be eligible for "promotion" (Such as what his tweet about making it another year and a half was about.).

Forum Member

How appropriate obama nominates T Perez from the Civil Rights Div of the DOJ to be Labor Sec.

This clown sent all the marching orders to Nicky G and we all know what happened when he got

involved. All caucasians go to the rear of the line. What a joke!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    I have sympathy for his feelings, but certainly not for his lack of digression. It's hard to understand, but it can be frustrating when someone is indeed yapping away on an iPhone5 right as they hand you an EBT card when you ask for I.D. However, there are two important things to remember......first off, we help a lot more people who really need it than we spend time helping scammers. Second, we're professionals and we are paid to do a job and leave our personal agenda at the door.

It's hard to be the son of the commish, but he's making life a lot harder by spouting his stupid mouth off in public on something as stupid as Twitter. Tweeting anything makes you an *********, tweeting like he did might very well get him fired. Being in the limelight like this means they're going to have to make an example out of him and being fired might really be the result. I'm sure that can happen under oath of office and what not...
    What is there to be frustrated about? You think people that are on Public Assistance only have run down clothes, not up-to-date accessories or don't have fashionable jewelry. A lot of these people at one point where well off with good paying jobs that were able to have such necessity/accessories. All of that stuff doesn't go away once you start reserving food stamps or receiving help from the government. Donít get me wrong, there are scammers out there who are taking advantage of the government but don't assume that all are. Yes, you are right; this job is the help and not judge.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Wouldn't they make him resigned just so he can atleast take the next OC exam?
    I believe firing him and taking his chance away is too extreme no?

Why is this so extreme? First off, he sounds like a racist. Second, why would I want someone to serve and protect me when they feels this way about me. More than likely he/she will not give their all to save me or towards their job. It is strange how some are willing to work with a person like this but not a PH.
    Last edited by almostthere; 03-18-2013 at 03:36 PM.
    Desire4theJob likes this.

Forum Member

K back from intake few pointers the investigators admit they forgot to ask for a few documents in the packet. Besides the detailed earnings, residency etc, you will most likely need (based on inv), 2 recent pay stubs to prove you currently live there. Also 2 bills with address on them from this year 2013 proving you currently live there, 2012 w2, if you work part time letter stating who supports you. My investigator as well as the one on the other side of the cubicle both asked for these things, they know the paper didn't state it so they let you come back to bring it at a later date
    Last edited by grok350; 03-18-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Forum Member

Kinda with almostthere on this one. Why feel bad for the kid. He's obviously a racist and living on the island knowing ppl who know him he's a perkhead anyway. I wouldn't want to work alongside minihitler
    Desire4theJob likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Kinda with almostthere on this one. Why feel bad for the kid. He's obviously a racist and living on the island knowing ppl who know him he's a perkhead anyway. I wouldn't want to work alongside minihitler
    I was just playing a neutral to get a response from guys OTJ, not long ago someone OTJ from this forum wished me never to get on the job and that he hoped all my papers were thrown in the garbage because I made a comment about my abs lol. So I'm guessing being racist and talking about your abs go hand to hand? Good to know!

Forum Member

Umm what's a perkhead?

Forum Member

Wow This kid bads jokes just screwed us all a little bit.
    ffbam24 and FDsouthbxNY like this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Wow This kid bads jokes just screwed us all a little bit.
    I was thinking the same thing
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Forum Member

Kids bad jokes* who knows if this will influence the court decision due to public pressure. What an idiot. Its not even funny. I think they should let coombs give him like 100 charlie horses in a row and call it even.

He resigned which is good but still it makes it seem like there really is racism when we all know there is not. What a moron. You have to go out of your way to be that stupid.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 03-18-2013 at 07:37 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Kids bad jokes* who knows if this will influence the court decision due to public pressure. What an idiot. Its not even funny. I think they should let coombs give him like 100 charlie horses in a row and call it even.

He resigned which is good but still it makes it seem like there really is racism when we all know there is not. What a moron. You have to go out of your way to be that stupid.
    The NYT did a profile of Garaufis and whats gone into shaping his ruling on FDNY. He doesn't give a **** about public perception. He's put a lot of thought into it, but he has his reasons, and he isn't going to be easily swayed.

As for Cassano's kid... I feel a bit bad for him, but come on man at 23 you should know better than to spew so much garbage when you're the son of a high ranking city official.
    ffbam24 and FDsouthbxNY like this.

Forum Member

So the NYT seemed like they thought Garufius was biased or not?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Umm what's a perkhead?
    A thing lots of si kids get into prescription pill popping. Sad but extremely common here.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

So the NYT seemed like they thought Garufius was biased or not?
    The Times, because they have some actual journalistic integrity, did not take an opinion on it one way or another. Their focus was on his career and how it's influenced his decision making.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/08/ny...anted=all&_r=0
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

Have you guys had to get summons depositions to investigators or are they not doing that?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    Have you guys had to get summons depositions to investigators or are they not doing that?
    I had none but they do want dispositions.

Forum Member

K back from intake few pointers the investigators admit they forgot to ask for a few documents in the packet. Besides the detailed earnings, residency etc, you will most likely need (based on inv), 2 recent pay stubs to prove you currently live there. Also 2 bills with address on them from this year 2013 proving you currently live there, 2012 w2, if you work part time letter stating who supports you. My investigator as well as the one on the other side of the cubicle both asked for these things, they know the paper didn't state it so they let you come back to bring it at a later date
    gronk just a quick question in here,,,,Residency credit was stated that you need to live in the city from june 20120 to june 2011....

I bought a house in long island at the end of 2011... got married in 2012.,,,and am having a kid in about 4 months,,,,,Do you mean to say that you need...EXTRA documents for residency because I live on long island now....ohh and i was in the class that got smoked off of 6019....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    gronk just a quick question in here,,,,Residency credit was stated that you need to live in the city from june 20120 to june 2011....

I bought a house in long island at the end of 2011... got married in 2012.,,,and am having a kid in about 4 months,,,,,Do you mean to say that you need...EXTRA documents for residency because I live on long island now....ohh and i was in the class that got smoked off of 6019....
    I would like some clarification on this as well. I called up candidate investigations back in August and they said as long as I have the documents to prove I lived in the city during June 2010 thru July 2011 I would be fine. But the way gronk worded has me worried now. I don't have a lease so I can move back but I'm still nervous about it.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Thread Information