Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 349 of 1144 FirstFirst ... 249299339346347348349350351352359399449849 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,980 of 22878
Like Tree8989Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

So if I'm reading correctly and they called to #733, do I have a chance of making it in being between760-790?
    Score 102
    List #7xx

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Combat medic 92 View Post
    So if I'm reading correctly and they called to #733, do I have a chance of making it in being between760-790?
    Probably not for this class, but you'll be one of the first ones called for the following class IMO.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Thank you and good luck!
    Score 102
    List #7xx

Almosthere. In regards to almostthere, i would say that at least he admits that the basis for the priority hiring issue is bullsh*t. But In reality, he is only doing what i believe any of us would do in his situation. I do not believe that any of us would turn down an opportunity to join the ranks simply becuz we did not personally agree with a specific departmental prodedure. I think his only complaint is in regards to the degrading language directed at the mental and physical ability of the priority candidates, not to the situation itself.

Priority hiring is wrong. The Vulcans have a race problem. The judge is a moron. Qualified individuals got screwed over. But these problems were created by the vulcans, not by almostthere. Taking it all out on him as if hes the supreme icon of this madness does nothing but waste forum space on childish, repetitive nonsense which does a diservice to those who visit this forum for QUALITY information regarding the hiring process.

Almostthere, please do not respond to every attack. This way we dont have to skim through 10-20 post before finally finding an answer to a legimate question or valuable update. For those who have a problem with the priority hiring issue, lets all continue to use this forum to express our ideas to each other in regards to what the DEPARTMENT IS CURRENTLY DOING. For those who have a personal problem with what ALMOSTTHERE IS CURRENTLY DOING... pm him or get his phone number so that you guys can scramble elsewhere.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Ok sorry. I got carried away.
    Dannypanigale likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Lol its better than no civil service job thou. My friends love it and think I am crazy for wanting FD but I guess they just don't get it.
    They are the ones that are crazy for actually liking the city PD
    NYPDtoFD likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by eng1irons View Post
    I'm almost at top pay... but really struggling with the decision. I'm very happy where I am now, only problem is I know all it takes is a new boss to be miserable like a lot of people. Plus, i'm taking the test this summer.. I don't know if that helps or hurts my cause. I'll obviously be transferred, but make more $$, it would cut my salary in half. No idea what i'd do if I got the call tomorrow.
    Def make the move if you can take the pay cut. You will be better off
    NYPDtoFD likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    They are the ones that are crazy for actually liking the city PD
    You are wrong my friend. My brother been a cop for a while now and he chose not to take the FD exam because he loves his job. FD is not for everyone, just because a lot of people want it doesn't mean Everyone wants it.
    zachryw2001 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYPDtoFD View Post
    looking to leave with about seven years on, that's how bad PD is (for all those considering)
    NYPDtoFD turn your private messgaes on. Send me a PM

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Ok i would go but again why? I was happy with my position on 6019 and I'm happy with my position now. Why drive drive all the way to the bronx to argue something you can't change. As a candidate you take the test in front of you and hope you prepared well enough to get hired. What are you angry about? Do you have cousins or nephews thatdidn't well on 2000? Regardless of the testing methods the academy still stands and every ff has to go through it.
    I don't require people to read my posts, but if you had looked into some of my recent ones; I've pointed out that I came from out of state, had no extra points and waited my turn.
    Therefore.
    Ergo; no. I do not have cousins or nephews or brothers or sisters that didn't do well. But I am on the job and have as I've stated before, a vested interest in the job.

If any of you had any interest in the job, you would show up too. We say "Don't just get onto the job. Get into the job."

That is why.

Forum Member

deleted post
    Last edited by FDNY4Life; 02-05-2013 at 05:41 PM. Reason: edit

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Come on my man. don't take it personal. You are getting emotional again. Peace, I am out. That means, I am leaving for the time being, but, I will be back. CLOWN!!
    Oooooooo

Bottom line: You missed out when it was your turn. Now thanks to a lawsuit, you have another chance. Yet you are too dense and apparently good at convincing yourself that you are doing the right thing.

And that is what this job is all about: Doing the right thing.

Starting off by taking the job as a handout IS NOT the "right thing".

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Combat medic 92 View Post
    Thank you and good luck!
    Same to you hope to see you OTJ.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

MembersZone Subscriber

Unfortunately since its a 15 hour drive I can't attend the Merit Matters meetings, can some one send me a PM of what happens tonight.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

Forum Member

Hey guys, I hope all is well. I received my package the other day and i'm excited to start the process. Since there are promotions still waiting to enter the academy, a couple of hundred priority hires and over 700 guys from the OC starting the process, what happens to those that go through the hiring process but don't get into the academy? Isn't the CPAT, medical, and pysch all time sensitive?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrugger View Post
    Hey guys, I hope all is well. I received my package the other day and i'm excited to start the process. Since there are promotions still waiting to enter the academy, a couple of hundred priority hires and over 700 guys from the OC starting the process, what happens to those that go through the hiring process but don't get into the academy? Isn't the CPAT, medical, and pysch all time sensitive?
    i know the medical is good for 12 months because i had to retake it twice for the last list.
    if i remember correctly CPAT is good for 3 years and the psych for 2.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    i know the medical is good for 12 months because i had to retake it twice for the last list.
    if i remember correctly CPAT is good for 3 years and the psych for 2.
    Thats for your answer. I guess a lot of us will go through the process and then just wait for the academy.

Forum Member

Priority hires do not deserve the position they are being given the opportunity to receive, that is my issue. I hope the instructors go harder on them but then they'll probably call EEO.

If you took the psych for another department(ie fdny ems) I heard that can carry over as long as its within a certain time frame so i dont have to retake a psych for fire. anyone know the validity to this?
    Exam 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 9xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Priority hires do not deserve the position they are being given the opportunity to receive, that is my issue. I hope the instructors go harder on them but then they'll probably call EEO.

If you took the psych for another department(ie fdny ems) I heard that can carry over as long as its within a certain time frame so i dont have to retake a psych for fire. anyone know the validity to this?
    Yes, my friend is an emt promo and he did not have to retake his psych
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post

Will the instructors even know whos a PH from whos not? I dont think that knowledge goes past those involved in the applicant process division. It certainly shouldnt go past the instructors at least although i doubt theyll even know. I mean, i dont think any of the houses are gonna recieve memos saying "Youre getting 6 probies (2 of which were priority hires shhhh..)".

I dont think theyre that screwed up. But i could be wrong. That would be kinda funny tho lol.

Most likely those who get in as PH's wont hear anything from anybody at the house for the rest of their career unless they open their mouths. The issue itself will most definetely continue to be talked about but i wouldnt worry about any personal attacks of retaliation from any of the brothers themselves, the instructors or the department for that matter.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Thread Information