Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 353 of 1019 FirstFirst ... 253303343350351352353354355356363403453853 ... LastLast
Results 7,041 to 7,060 of 20376
Like Tree7738Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    do you mean no expressing ourselves about dislike for the priority decision. Just curious what you think they will not like? I will try to adjust what I say accordingly.
    I just meant it in a general way, not in regards to any particular comment. I just think it's good to be careful about what you post. While there are many useful and/or constructive posts, sometimes things get a little out of hand with useless in-fighting and I feel some of that could shed negative light on all of us. In the past, the media has used quotes from the FDNY rant. You just never know who's looking and could twist what is said here.

Forum Member

Thanks and thanks.

Manhatten Medic. I was wondering if you could elaborate on what is so hard about the academy. I realize it def is extremely hard, just was curious if you could elaborate on what is surprisingly difficult. thanks
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 02-06-2013 at 07:34 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

John smith, im pretty sure for the only class off of 6019 it took just under 900 guys on the OC list to fill the class. That class also had promo guys in it so the ratio for the OC list was more the. 1:3.

If I'm wrong please someone correct me.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks and thanks.

Manhatten Medic. I was wondering if you could elaborate on what is so hard about the academy. I realize it def is extremely hard, just was curious if you could elaborate on what is surprisingly difficult. thanks
    I'm obviously not in the academy right now, but IMO the hardest part of the academy for most people besides the physical aspect of it will be the way the academy is probably very paramilitary.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    John smith, im pretty sure for the only class off of 6019 it took just under 900 guys on the OC list to fill the class. That class also had promo guys in it so the ratio for the OC list was more the. 1:3.

If I'm wrong please someone correct me.
    Only class from exam 6019 was a class of aaprox 315.
    225 were from the open competitive exam.
    In order to get 225 from the OC exam they reached list # 886.
    Thats a ratio of almost 1 : 4
    HopefulFF and DannyD0pe like this.

Forum Member

Thanks and thanks.

I could but I won't. You'll understand when you get there.

Forum Member

Stop asking how difficult proby school is. Just train your hardest and you shouldn't have any problems.
    zachryw2001 and FDsouthbxNY like this.

Forum Member

I say we get a private facebook group going. I think it'd be good to put some names to faces and maybe organize groups runs or something.
    River6019, OAK, Jrugger and 3 others like this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    I say we get a private facebook group going. I think it'd be good to put some names to faces and maybe organize groups runs or something.
    I have bad acne And my right eye is bigger than my left

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Well slap some joint compound on your face and throw on an eye patch.
    Jukez and coldblood92 like this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx

Forum Member

Would our face book group be private or can anyone see?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Would our face book group be private or can anyone see?
    I'd make it private. 1. So that not just any jabroni can join and 2. I know the city does snoop around so it'd be as closed (or exclusive if that's what you wanna call it haha) as possible. Not that there's any sketchy sh*t going on haha, but hey who wants to worry about lack of privacy.
    Last edited by mocon337; 02-06-2013 at 10:15 PM.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx

Forum Member

PM me if you're interested I suppose
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    I would advise against this. However.....
    If you do, I recommend it be private and not visible to the public, with only one or two admins. Utilize the PM here for who would start it and as others are requesting to join the group to send their name & list number. Whoever is the Admin should then utilize the actual lists to verify the name and list number prior to admitting them to the group.
    You want to be anonymous if and when you make it to Probie School. Having a group like this on FB will make it difficult to do so. In today's age of subpoenas, you could very well be outed by the BI's (Background Investigator) or anyone looking to stir things up.

I am in no way condoning this idea though.
    Last edited by ffbam24; 02-06-2013 at 11:01 PM. Reason: clarification of BI

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    I would advise against this. However.....
    If you do, I recommend it be private and not visible to the public, with only one or two admins. Utilize the PM here for who would start it and as others are requesting to join the group to send their name & list number. Whoever is the Admin should then utilize the actual lists to verify the name and list number prior to admitting them to the group.
    You want to be anonymous if and when you make it to Probie School. Having a group like this on FB will make it difficult to do so. In today's age of subpoenas, you could very well be outed by the BI's or anyone looking to stir things up.

I am in no way condoning this idea though.
    Yea I was kind of thinking the same thing. I'm iffy with Facebook as it is and you'd know better than I about how the dept. deals with these types of things. I'll see what kind of feedback I get on here. But nonetheless it would be high privacy, admission only with some sort of list # verification of who you are prior. Probably isn't going to happen regardless haha.
    Last edited by mocon337; 02-06-2013 at 10:55 PM.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx

Forum Member

Edit: question answered.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 02-06-2013 at 11:14 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    It's ok your sick body makes up for it
    BrooklynBorn likes this.

Forum Member

Spoke with a proby school instructor today. Interesting feedback about the class, which was mostly positive. He said the group is doing okay, really. He said they're motivated and (for the most part) have their acts together. There has been one chief complaint, and that is the general lack of physical conditioning of the probies. This current class has the highest number of members in remedial physical fitness training.....ever.

Now, being in remedial isn't the end of the world, and if you're in marginal shape, it's good for you. They have a great program for physical fitness and they're going to get you in the shape you need to be in.....or you're not going to graduate. If you're two sit-ups shy, or a pull-up shy, they're not going to pound you into the ground. In fact, if you stay committed to the remedial program for long enough to satisfy the requirement you failed, they'll cut you loose, but most guys stay with it anyway. It's just good for you.

If you're preparing for the academy now, the first thing you need to do is run. Run Run Run. You should be able to comfortably do 4 miles at a SUB-9 minute pace. That's more than you'll do in the first days, but it's not like waking up and walking out the door for a run. By the time you run during your academy day you'll have been up for 4 or 5 hours and had one class under your belt. Then you'll do calisthenics for 30 or 40 minutes before running.

So:
    -Run
    -Do 100 push-ups everyday, then take that to 150 and so on....
    -High reps, light weights. In other words, pick up some 15 lb. dumbbells and do 100 curls in one set.
    -STOP DRINKING (you'll have plenty of picnics and softball games and beach days later....)
    -Do light weight circuit training, anything that keeps your heart rate up for at least an hour.

Forget all these protein drinks and shake non-sense. Forget all these fancy cross-fit things and what not......you don't need anything more than a pair of dumbells, running shoes and an exercise mat.

Forum Member

have they released how many firefighters they want to hire or are they still saying based on need?

Forum Member

anyone going down to 9mt on 13 March?
    WTRBG likes this.
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Thread Information