Like Tree9519Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYhopeful28 View Post
    The guy who walked my group around at the orientation said they have been told to come back towards the end of April for the first round of the time trials that will count if we pass....so atleast we have a toe frame to be perfectly prepared if you want to pass the first round and one less thing to worry about ....
    That will be nice I guess if it happens.

So what happens at the orientation? You walk through the course maybe drag a dummy and swing sledge a little bit?
    Last edited by Desire4theJob; 03-22-2013 at 04:26 PM.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:109
    List # XX

Forum Member

I find it pretty dissapointing that so many of the people on this forum use the word "Racist" completly out of context. The Only thing Racist going on, is the priority hires skipping people who don't share their skin color. I will never stop speaking out about it, the same way others would not if their rights were being violated.
    SouthBK84 likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

I am really sick of hearing everyone get on board and promote the shut up and keep quiet mentality. Keep Quiet or be called a "Racist", as if we should all be happy to have our requirements segregated. This is not something that is going to blow over, this is an american rights problem and we will all hear about it through out our careers.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    I had my first try last night and came in at 8:00 minutes. I thought it was interesting that we have to fill out scantrons now.

However, besides personal gratification, I suppose it doesn't really matter how fast you do it. Doing it in 10:19 is the same as 7:00, as there is no weight given to running it faster now.
    Data collection and analysis. Every step of this entire process is measured by scantrons.

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    I found out that my school, John Jay, has a step mill in the gym, as well as the 50lb vests and they even have the drag dummies. Yesterday I did a total of 20 minutes on the stairs with the 50lb vest.
    Nice, I went there for my bachelors, some postbac stuff, and started a masters. The place is so much nicer with the new building now.

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Any chance they let guests join?
    Probably not. I think you have to be a student, and you have to get a medical disclosure form.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I am really sick of hearing everyone get on board and promote the shut up and keep quiet mentality. Keep Quiet or be called a "Racist", as if we should all be happy to have our requirements segregated. This is not something that is going to blow over, this is an american rights problem and we will all hear about it through out our careers.
    Propose something to be done other than bitching about the priority hires. If the priority hires are on the table in the appeals court then maybe it can be stopped. If the city isn't fighting it then there's probably not much of a fight to be had, however I'm no lawyer so I can't say that with any certainty.

Forum Member

MM,
    Unless I'm way off, this should be about 9weeks, half way point??? Congrats and how is it going? Have that midterm yet?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    MM,
    Unless I'm way off, this should be about 9weeks, half way point??? Congrats and how is it going? Have that midterm yet?
    Today marks the end of week 10, 8 to go, thanks for asking though. The midterm was approximately 2 weeks ago, and a gimme in my opinion.

The weeks are flying by, but 2 months still feels like an eternity. Can't wait to be doing it for real.
    nycthirteen and nycthirteen like this.

Forum Member

Propose something to be done other than bitching about the priority hires. If the priority hires are on the table in the appeals court then maybe it can be stopped. If the city isn't fighting it then there's probably not much of a fight to be had, however I'm no lawyer so I can't say that with any certainty.
    First of all I don't "bitch", I am vocal about my rights and my postion and don't cower at the fear of someone claiming racism for the purpose of extortion. I have been to the last 3 meetings and let the experts handle the courts as to not do damage since I am no lawyer either. I can not speak on the behalf of any organization. I will continue to be vocal about this hypocrisy and blatant unjust segregation, that is the total opposite of a "bitch", I will state my opinion to anyones face.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Today marks the end of week 10, 8 to go, thanks for asking though. The midterm was approximately 2 weeks ago, and a gimme in my opinion.

The weeks are flying by, but 2 months still feels like an eternity. Can't wait to be doing it for real.
    Good deal! Stay strong.

Forum Member

First of all I don't "bitch", I am vocal about my rights and my postion and don't cower at the fear of someone claiming racism for the purpose of extortion. I have been to the last 3 meetings and let the experts handle the courts as to not do damage since I am no lawyer either. I can not speak on the behalf of any organization. I will continue to be vocal about this hypocrisy and blatant unjust segregation, that is the total opposite of a "bitch", I will state my opinion to anyones face.
    That's great, in the mean time continuing to complain about it on the internet accomplishes tons, doesn't it?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

That's great, in the mean time continuing to complain about it on the internet accomplishes tons, doesn't it?
    I am not complaining, I am calling people out who improperly make allegations using the word "Racist", regardless of wether or not they are PH. But I def am not "accompshing" anything by defending my actions to you. Just understand that I have a reason for being vocal and if you have an issue with it, then feel free to PM me so we can save forum space and I will be happy to explain it to you. Untill then anytime someone makes the false accusation of racism, I will call them out on it.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Weren't you guys taking the practical midterms last week? I'm sure you were.....

Forum Member

Good luck pushing through. You guys have had some tough PT weather. And thanks for keeping in touch on the forum, the input is invaluable. All best pushing through the final 8 weeks.
    Last edited by nycthirteen; 03-23-2013 at 02:12 AM. Reason: repeat
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Weren't you guys taking the practical midterms last week? I'm sure you were.....
    Possibly? We have been doing practical evaluations lately, but I don't really know what the schedule/plan is with that.

Forum Member

Got my psych appointment on April 7th. I found it weird that they sent me my medical appointment before my psych being that my medical is on April 9th
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

Those that have gone to the CPAT orientation. Is there a locker room to change out in? Or are you expected to show up dressed for the in what they tell you? I ask because I will be out and about looking at wedding venues then go to my orientation this afternoon and one attire will not match the other obviously.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:109
    List # XX

Forum Member

I am not complaining, I am calling people out who improperly make allegations using the word "Racist", regardless of wether or not they are PH. But I def am not "accompshing" anything by defending my actions to you. Just understand that I have a reason for being vocal and if you have an issue with it, then feel free to PM me so we can save forum space and I will be happy to explain it to you. Untill then anytime someone makes the false accusation of racism, I will call them out on it.
    Its all about perception. To add to it, Joe Cassano really hit us with a low blow. In one tweet neither his sister(a teacher) or her principal had a problem with him referring to her 5th grade students as "schwoogs". Im not saying they learned this from daddy but one does wonder. It just looks really bad.
    Last edited by Rush2000; 03-23-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kennybobo View Post
    Man alot of you guys sit here and talk S*** all day!....Obvi EVERYONE here has a good enough score to get into the Academy...weather its a few months from now or 2 years from now...Why do some of you guys feel like you need to shoot others down or constantly talk smack (everyone is at a different fitness level...if they make it great if they dont fine at least they tried!)....At this point there is nothing that can be done about the PH's... just accept and get over the fact that they are going in before alot of the OC list...Instead of complaining and talking about how fast someone should be able to do a mile....just be focused on getting YOURSELF ready...I hate logging in here and reading the same garbage over and over and over again...its getting old...I said before that i dont post but i do log in everyday to try and read up on useful information...but instead i see attitudes,complaining, arguments about the dumbest S***, and etc....come on now relax! and lets get this S*** done...
    glad your over it kenny, that makes one of us.
    HopefulFF and vekdoggs75 like this.

Forum Member

Word from a chief...they are going to send out packets to another 300 very soon.
    DannyD0pe likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    deleted....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Word from a chief...they are going to send out packets to another 300 very soon.
    If this is true and when it happens can someone post and confirm. Thank you

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2000 View Post
    Its all about perception. To add to it, Joe Cassano really hit us with a low blow. In one tweet neither his sister(a teacher) or her principal had a problem with him referring to her 5th grade students as "schwoogs". Im not saying they learned this from daddy but one does wonder. It just looks really bad.
    To be honest I'd never heard the term until this story came about.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    Dude i think what hes saying is that hes sick of you guys simply coming on here complaining about the sh*t as if bitching on a forum over and over again is gonna accomplish anything. People like you who keep saying the same sh*t arent even addressing the issue correctly. Anyone who DIRECTLY blames the PH's themselves for this situation is just plain stupid. You guys think the PH's are the ones that started this mess?? You make statements like "Awwww they should have studied harder" and "They bitched and whined instead of earning their spot" and all this other dumb sh*t. Statements which are completely untrue and, which if they were, would still be completely beside the f*cking point.

First off, no PH's sued anybody. It was members of the department that did that. And no PH's gave any rulings or demanded any quotas. Its was Garaffus that did that. Everything u guys bitch about (law suits, quotas, rulings, procedures) was done by OTHER people, not by any PH's. Is it racially unfair and f*cked up??? Of course! But Is it the PH's fault??? No. So please with the repetitive post degrading the PH's as if theyre the ones who created the stink. They didnt bitch, whine, complain or file any lawsuit. All they did was take the test and not pass in hiring range. Then they simply went on with their lives and forgot about the FDNY until somebody from WITHIN THE DEPARTMENT gave them a f*ckin phone call 10 years later. And if u think guys in their mid to late 30's with kids, bad debt and a dead end job are gonna turn down a second opportunity such as this, then u really are that stupid. Not to mention a hypocrite. Nobody is saying that we shouldnt complain or that we should forget about it. All we are saying is...stfu already. If u wanna complain or address the issue correctly then propose a legitimate solution or attack the vulcans and/or the judge directly in a legitimate manner and in an appropriate arena which may actually produce results. Like what Merit Matters is doing. But please stop wasting forum space saying the same sh*t over and over. These anti-PH post are getting old. Many of us are simply sick of it now. The PH's didnt TAKE our spots. Our spots were GIVEN to them. You wanna cry tough, then address the ones who did the GIVING. But instead u guys are doing more bitching and whining than ive ever seen a PH do. Merit Matters is ADDRESSING the issue. You guys are BITCHING about the issue. There is a difference. Stop bitching.

And i dont give a f*ck what 'BrooklynBorn' says, that dude has a serious race problem and its blatatly obvious that it extends much farther than the ph situation. His comment that Cassano remarks "Makes it look like there really IS racism when we all know there is not"..is very laughable and it PROVES to me that he has a f*ckin problem. I have enough experience to know that anyone who tries deny that racism exist most likely has a race problem themselves. Its so classic. Just like the "I have black friends" line. U can see right through it and only an idiot would believe that there exist absolutely NO racism in the FDNY. Im so glad MM told him to basically stfu already. Now im saying it too. STFU BrooklynBorn!!

Then u got the guys on here who act like Cassanos son isnt REALLY racist, but that hes a good nice kid who just happened to make some bad jokes. Come the f*ck on man who the hell are u guys fooling? The kids a damn racist and im 100% sure hes not the only one in his family that harbours those feelings. And we ALL know it. So please with the "I feel bad for him" nonsense. The racist motherf**ker...screw em.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Dude i think what hes saying is that hes sick of you guys simply coming on here complaining about the sh*t as if bitching on a forum over and over again is gonna accomplish anything. People like you who keep saying the same sh*t arent even addressing the issue correctly. Anyone who DIRECTLY blames the PH's themselves for this situation is just plain stupid. You guys think the PH's are the ones that started this mess?? You make statements like "Awwww they should have studied harder" and "They bitched and whined instead of earning their spot" and all this other dumb sh*t. Statements which are completely untrue and, which if they were, would still be completely beside the f*cking point.

First off, no PH's sued anybody. It was members of the department that did that. And no PH's gave any rulings or demanded any quotas. Its was Garaffus that did that. Everything u guys bitch about (law suits, quotas, rulings, procedures) was done by OTHER people, not by any PH's. Is it racially unfair and f*cked up??? Of course! But Is it the PH's fault??? No. So please with the repetitive post degrading the PH's as if theyre the ones who created the stink. They didnt bitch, whine, complain or file any lawsuit. All they did was take the test and not pass in hiring range. Then they simply went on with their lives and forgot about the FDNY until somebody from WITHIN THE DEPARTMENT gave them a f*ckin phone call 10 years later. And if u think guys in their mid to late 30's with kids, bad debt and a dead end job are gonna turn down a second opportunity such as this, then u really are that stupid. Not to mention a hypocrite. Nobody is saying that we shouldnt complain or that we should forget about it. All we are saying is...stfu already. If u wanna complain or address the issue correctly then propose a legitimate solution or attack the vulcans and/or the judge directly in a legitimate manner and in an appropriate arena which may actually produce results. Like what Merit Matters is doing. But please stop wasting forum space saying the same sh*t over and over. These anti-PH post are getting old. Many of us are simply sick of it now. The PH's didnt TAKE our spots. Our spots were GIVEN to them. You wanna cry tough, then address the ones who did the GIVING. But instead u guys are doing more bitching and whining than ive ever seen a PH do. Merit Matters is ADDRESSING the issue. You guys are BITCHING about the issue. There is a difference. Stop bitching.

And i dont give a f*ck what 'BrooklynBorn' says, that dude has a serious race problem and its blatatly obvious that it extends much farther than the ph situation. His comment that Cassano remarks "Makes it look like there really IS racism when we all know there is not"..is very laughable and it PROVES to me that he has a f*ckin problem. I have enough experience to know that anyone who tries deny that racism exist most likely has a race problem themselves. Its so classic. Just like the "I have black friends" line. U can see right through it and only an idiot would believe that there exist absolutely NO racism in the FDNY. Im so glad MM told him to basically stfu already. Now im saying it too. STFU BrooklynBorn!!

Then u got the guys on here who act like Cassanos son isnt REALLY racist, but that hes a good nice kid who just happened to make some bad jokes. Come the f*ck on man who the hell are u guys fooling? The kids a damn racist and im 100% sure hes not the only one in his family that harbours those feelings. And we ALL know it. So please with the "I feel bad for him" nonsense. The racist motherf**ker...screw em.
    I am the last person to stir crap up and debate the PH situation on here. And I agree with a lot of what you say. However you a very much wrong about one thing. There were indeed candidates who did not get hired off of those old exams that are literally named in the suit. They took part in it. I forget their names, but it shouldn't be tough to find. I just need to clear that up for you man.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post

Well said! Finally someone who made sense on the PH hiring issue

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by marc3071 View Post
    Well said! Finally someone who made sense on the PH hiring issue
    Except for one thing lol.

Thread Information