Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 356 of 1143 FirstFirst ... 256306346353354355356357358359366406456856 ... LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,120 of 22851
Like Tree8978Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    Just saw on the Merit Matters FB group that the 2nd Circuit just granted the request for a stay of Judge Garafuis's Injunctive Relief Order.
    That's amazing! Best news in over a year! Looks like the priority hires might want to make other plans for the next year at least!
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

roadrunner, I emptied my inbox, try again. sorry about that.

Forum Member

Just saw on the Merit Matters FB group that the 2nd Circuit just granted the request for a stay of Judge Garafuis's Injunctive Relief Order.

Maybe it's not too late after all.
    Someone confirm this please, I'm at the gym and might take a break to go jerk off..... Lol
    vekdoggs75, rcfd31 and coldblood92 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Stereo type? What makes you think I'm a white male? Have I ever mentioned what my ethnicity is? I don't think so. So I'll just say this, I wouldn't fall under the Vulcan "stereo type" because I am not a white male, I'm actually a minority who got screwed over from 6019 because of the lawsuit.

Sorry to point it out but you are stereo typing me in a way, just cause I show the same amount of interest in this job if not more than all the members of this thread doesn't mean I'm white.
    Hmmmm ... You not white ... You got a six pack and have acne .... Damn that's a hard one because I haven't seen much Hispanic with six packs or blacks with acne ... "/

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Someone confirm this please, I'm at the gym and might take a break to go jerk off..... Lol

it's true, according to the Merit Matters page. The lawyers associated with the group posted the info.

Even the lawyers from Sullivan Galleshaw don't know exactly what this means yet, since we don't know what exactly the city was appealing. Either way some, if not all, of the rulings have a chance to be over turned. This is potentially great news.

Forum Member

Damn you beat me to it, you are too fast sir.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    it's true, according to the Merit Matters page. The lawyers associated with the group posted the info.

Even the lawyers from Sullivan Galleshaw don't know exactly what this means yet, since we don't know what exactly the city was appealing. Either way some, if not all, of the rulings have a chance to be over turned. This is potentially great news.
    I guess is going to be a good weekend after all. I'm staying an extra hour at the gym to celebrate.
    Dannypanigale likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Damn you beat me to it, you are too fast sir.
    Haha, on the right page at the right time
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Forum Member

Oh man, such great news.

I hope it means what we're all praying for. Keep training boys! TRAIN FOR LIFE

Forum Member

Also, quick question;

I've been doing the stair master a LOT recently. I have my 50lb vest and I carry a 25lb weight plate also. Should I be giving myself a day rest in between my work outs? I usually try and murder my legs on that machine and I have been resting. I'm just wondering what you guys are doing.

Forum Member

I hope all you guys are members of Merit Matters on facebook and also friends with Sullivan Galleshaw. They are not only handling this case but also the one for all the homes lost in rockaway to fires from LIPA.
    FDsouthbxNY and vekdoggs75 like this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Also, quick question;

I've been doing the stair master a LOT recently. I have my 50lb vest and I carry a 25lb weight plate also. Should I be giving myself a day rest in between my work outs? I usually try and murder my legs on that machine and I have been resting. I'm just wondering what you guys are doing.
    That's a lot of weight to do all of the time. I'd mix in some longer climbs without the plate not and then. Don't hurt yourself. The stairs really are the best thing you can do though. I run, but nothing is harder than having to walk up 15 flights in a smokey stairway in the projects. Throw in your gear, mask and a length of hose or truck tools and you're in for a long climb. Being out of breath in a smokey area sucks too.....
    I3akdraf likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    That's a lot of weight to do all of the time. I'd mix in some longer climbs without the plate not and then. Don't hurt yourself. The stairs really are the best thing you can do though. I run, but nothing is harder than having to walk up 15 flights in a smokey stairway in the projects. Throw in your gear, mask and a length of hose or truck tools and you're in for a long climb. Being out of breath in a smokey area sucks too.....
    So the big question FDsouthBx..... What's better, engine or truck? Lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post

Yeah, thanks. The LAST thing I'm trying to do is hurt myself. I'm living in a bubble until july haha.

My pops is in the bronx too, E96. The boogie down Bronx is the place to be!
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

HEY Almosthere,.......you shaking in your boots yet??? justice may actually be SERVED!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    HEY Almosthere,.......you shaking in your boots yet??? justice may actually be SERVED!
    c'mon....he's been civil with us, we may have a different agenda than he does, but we dont need to go there.

Forum Member

According to SG the pH's were not included as part of the appeal so they are still on track.
    Exam 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 9xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    c'mon....he's been civil with us, we may have a different agenda than he does, but we dont need to go there.
    I could give a rat's *** about how that dude feels. Unfortunately it looks like the PHs will be going through because the City lawyers (as I have repeated over and over on this forum and the 6019 one) are ****ing morons.

Forum Member

Bad news on the facebook page. Apparantly the city didn't appeal the PH hires initially or at all or something to that affect and the PH hires might still be hired in the meantime. I hope its only in the meantime.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    According to SG the pH's were not included as part of the appeal so they are still on track.
    How is this possible? So this mean no matter what the prioirty hires are still going through?
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 02-07-2013 at 07:31 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Thread Information