Like Tree9521Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

What are automatic DQ's during the fdny hiring process?

Does anyone have a friend that didn't make it through the hiring process?

I'm not talking about failing the medical, failing Cpat or the psychological.....I mean getting DQ'S for having a bad drivers license record, too Many arrests etc....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    What are automatic DQ's during the fdny hiring process?

Does anyone have a friend that didn't make it through the hiring process?

I'm not talking about failing the medical, failing Cpat or the psychological.....I mean getting DQ'S for having a bad drivers license record, too Many arrests etc....

From what i've heard from friends and family OTJ is the two big things that DQ people are withholding information on the paperwork (ie. arrests, drug rehab stints) and medical conditions. Just be honest with your investigator no matter your past.
    SnatchBK likes this.
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Funny you say that, cause I prefer the 35 degree weather. Ran for fun yesterday in just shorts/tshirt, it was fantastic.
    Running on a Saturday? They don't run you guys enough at the Rock Monday through Friday?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    Running on a Saturday? They don't run you guys enough at the Rock Monday through Friday?
    They do. It was a race that I decided to take part in.

Forum Member

MM I am curious if you have free time at all, or does the academy+recuperating+studying take up all of your time?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Default fdny

They do. It was a race that I decided to take part in.
    who won the nypd vs fdny race u were in?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    MM I am curious if you have free time at all, or does the academy+recuperating+studying take up all of your time?
    It varies a lot. Once you get acclimated to the schedule it gets a little easier, but it's really hard to get much done on weeknights. On weekends you have to balance trying to have a life with resting/studying/preparing for the coming week.

e: FDNY4Life I believe PD did.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Dude i think what hes saying is that hes sick of you guys simply coming on here complaining about the sh*t as if bitching on a forum over and over again is gonna accomplish anything. People like you who keep saying the same sh*t arent even addressing the issue correctly. Anyone who DIRECTLY blames the PH's themselves for this situation is just plain stupid. You guys think the PH's are the ones that started this mess?? You make statements like "Awwww they should have studied harder" and "They bitched and whined instead of earning their spot" and all this other dumb sh*t. Statements which are completely untrue and, which if they were, would still be completely beside the f*cking point.

First off, no PH's sued anybody. It was members of the department that did that. And no PH's gave any rulings or demanded any quotas. Its was Garaffus that did that. Everything u guys bitch about (law suits, quotas, rulings, procedures) was done by OTHER people, not by any PH's. Is it racially unfair and f*cked up??? Of course! But Is it the PH's fault??? No. So please with the repetitive post degrading the PH's as if theyre the ones who created the stink. They didnt bitch, whine, complain or file any lawsuit. All they did was take the test and not pass in hiring range. Then they simply went on with their lives and forgot about the FDNY until somebody from WITHIN THE DEPARTMENT gave them a f*ckin phone call 10 years later. And if u think guys in their mid to late 30's with kids, bad debt and a dead end job are gonna turn down a second opportunity such as this, then u really are that stupid. Not to mention a hypocrite. Nobody is saying that we shouldnt complain or that we should forget about it. All we are saying is...stfu already. If u wanna complain or address the issue correctly then propose a legitimate solution or attack the vulcans and/or the judge directly in a legitimate manner and in an appropriate arena which may actually produce results. Like what Merit Matters is doing. But please stop wasting forum space saying the same sh*t over and over. These anti-PH post are getting old. Many of us are simply sick of it now. The PH's didnt TAKE our spots. Our spots were GIVEN to them. You wanna cry tough, then address the ones who did the GIVING. But instead u guys are doing more bitching and whining than ive ever seen a PH do. Merit Matters is ADDRESSING the issue. You guys are BITCHING about the issue. There is a difference. Stop bitching.

And i dont give a f*ck what 'BrooklynBorn' says, that dude has a serious race problem and its blatatly obvious that it extends much farther than the ph situation. His comment that Cassano remarks "Makes it look like there really IS racism when we all know there is not"..is very laughable and it PROVES to me that he has a f*ckin problem. I have enough experience to know that anyone who tries deny that racism exist most likely has a race problem themselves. Its so classic. Just like the "I have black friends" line. U can see right through it and only an idiot would believe that there exist absolutely NO racism in the FDNY. Im so glad MM told him to basically stfu already. Now im saying it too. STFU BrooklynBorn!!

Then u got the guys on here who act like Cassanos son isnt REALLY racist, but that hes a good nice kid who just happened to make some bad jokes. Come the f*ck on man who the hell are u guys fooling? The kids a damn racist and im 100% sure hes not the only one in his family that harbours those feelings. And we ALL know it. So please with the "I feel bad for him" nonsense. The racist motherf**ker...screw em.
    You are commenting FAR ABOVE your pay grade. The PH's did the wrong thing BY NOT GETTING A GOOD MARK IN THE FIRST PLACE. That's how they started this mess. It isn't "bitching" to call these guys out for what they are; it's how we make sure they understand what they're facing and what's expected of them. And that kind of brutal, blunt honesty is how EVERY SINGLE MEMBER of this Department gets treated, black, white, Asian, male, female etc. The job is not asking you to join; you're asking to be a part of it and that's how we do things. If you don't like it, TOUGH SH*T.

There's a pecking order on this job, and you are currently at the very absolute bottom of it. In fact, you're not even on it yet. You would do well to remember that when and if you make it out to a firehouse because a tirade like that is enough to have every senior guy in the house looking to make your life miserable.
    ffbam24 and FDsouthbxNY like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    There's a pecking order on this job, and you are currently at the very absolute bottom of it. In fact, you're not even on it yet. You would do well to remember that when and if you make it out to a firehouse because a tirade like that is enough to have every senior guy in the house looking to make your life miserable.
    If the PH's are serious about this opportunity, they should not complain about the life in the firehouse. You have to realize that some of PH's are taking this very serious, and others aren't.

Forum Member

Back on topic, did 13 minutes of stair mill with vest, then played 2 hours of hoops straight. I'm beat.....
    Get out there boys and girls!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    If the PH's are serious about this opportunity, they should not complain about the life in the firehouse. You have to realize that some of PH's are taking this very serious, and others aren't.
    NONE of the PHs have yet proven anything except legal prowess. NONE of them scored high enough to get the job, and NONE of their intentions mean jack sh*t. Actions are what count on this job. Studying your a** off to get a good mark on the test is where that starts; they FAILED to meet that standard. And if they did study and still weren't able to score in hiring range, that's a sad story but we don't want them. The guys on this job don't have to "realize" anything; the burden is on the PHs to prove themselves not for us to be understanding of their feelings and sensitivities.

Forum Member

NONE of the PHs have yet proven anything except legal prowess. NONE of them scored high enough to get the job, and NONE of their intentions mean jack sh*t. Actions are what count on this job. Studying your a** off to get a good mark on the test is where that starts; they FAILED to meet that standard. And if they did study and still weren't able to score in hiring range, that's a sad story but we don't want them. The guys on this job don't have to "realize" anything; the burden is on the PHs to prove themselves not for us to be understanding of their feelings and sensitivities.
    That's my point.....I've talked to Lt.'s and FF's, and they all said the character will ultimately determine the outcome.
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 03-24-2013 at 08:38 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

That's my point.....
    My bad, I read you wrong. Didn't mean to hit you with the soapbox.

Forum Member

It varies a lot. Once you get acclimated to the schedule it gets a little easier, but it's really hard to get much done on weeknights. On weekends you have to balance trying to have a life with resting/studying/preparing for the coming week.

e: FDNY4Life I believe PD did.
    Thanks for the info.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

I think this was asked but I didn't see an answer. At the DCAS orientation, do they have you run through the course, or is it just a walk through?

Forum Member

I think this was asked but I didn't see an answer. At the DCAS orientation, do they have you run through the course, or is it just a walk through?
    Went to CPAT orientation this weekend. First they showed everyone a video explaining each of the parts of the course - pretty much the same thing you can see on YouTube. Then they broke us into smaller groups and actually walked us through the course and allowed us to do each of the exercises, untimed and unscored. I was told that the second orientation, if we went, would allow us to run the course (again untimed and unscored). The instructor also said that notices for the first practice runs (that will be timed and counted if we complete it in time) will be going out in the next week or two.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    Went to CPAT orientation this weekend. First they showed everyone a video explaining each of the parts of the course - pretty much the same thing you can see on YouTube. Then they broke us into smaller groups and actually walked us through the course and allowed us to do each of the exercises, untimed and unscored. I was told that the second orientation, if we went, would allow us to run the course (again untimed and unscored). The instructor also said that notices for the first practice runs (that will be timed and counted if we complete it in time) will be going out in the next week or two.
    Thanks, just wanted to know cause of the dress attire. Thanks for the other info.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks, just wanted to know cause of the dress attire. Thanks for the other info.
    For your orientation/familiarization with the course, comfortable casual stuff is good. You will get three chances to pass the CPAT, and they will let you know specifically when those start. You can then go in PT gear. You must wear pants but I think short sleeves were ok. They will definitely let you know what to wear and when, though, so don't sweat it.
    FDsouthbxNY and FFwnt2b like this.

Forum Member

For your orientation/familiarization with the course, comfortable casual stuff is good. You will get three chances to pass the CPAT, and they will let you know specifically when those start. You can then go in PT gear. You must wear pants but I think short sleeves were ok. They will definitely let you know what to wear and when, though, so don't sweat it.
    Thanks, at this point, I sweat every step.
    HopefulFF likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks, at this point, I sweat every step.
    Can't blame you. Just stick to what they tell you and you'll be fine.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

I wonder at what point on the list they will start to have people lose residency who misunderstood the requirements.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I wonder at what point on the list they will start to have people lose residency who misunderstood the requirements.
    That step started. When you are scheduled for your intake interview you'll have to produce proof. If you're unable to, you lose those 5 points, are given a new list number (probably outside hiring range) and sent back to your new place much further back in line.

Reasons like this one are why 700 people have been contacted to begin the process when very few from the OC list may be needed. Again, do the math: Pool of 490 from the quota list. Lets say 200 from the EMS list and 700+ OC. If you add in a few people who are bound to recycle, you have a pool in the neighborhood of 1450+/-. They'll manage a class of 300 from that, easily.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Thanks I will have to digest those numbers when I am more alert. I appreciate the reply.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    That step started. When you are scheduled for your intake interview you'll have to produce proof. If you're unable to, you lose those 5 points, are given a new list number (probably outside hiring range) and sent back to your new place much further back in line.

Reasons like this one are why 700 people have been contacted to begin the process when very few from the OC list may be needed. Again, do the math: Pool of 490 from the quota list. Lets say 200 from the EMS list and 700+ OC. If you add in a few people who are bound to recycle, you have a pool in the neighborhood of 1450+/-. They'll manage a class of 300 from that, easily.
    I've been through the process before for 2043 and 6019, but one thing I was always unsure of is whether guys have to prove they still reside in NYC. I know they need to prove their residence for a certain time period, but do they have to prove they still there?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I've been through the process before for 2043 and 6019, but one thing I was always unsure of is whether guys have to prove they still reside in NYC. I know they need to prove their residence for a certain time period, but do they have to prove they still there?
    For my interview I needed proof from June 2010- July 2011 and then some type of mail within the last 60 or 90 days (cant remember) with my name on it. I guess that is to prove I'm still living there. So yes, I guess you still need proof that you're living there.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Thread Information