Like Tree11355Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    For my interview I needed proof from June 2010- July 2011 and then some type of mail within the last 60 or 90 days (cant remember) with my name on it. I guess that is to prove I'm still living there. So yes, I guess you still need proof that you're living there.
    See this is what is confusing some of us. I have since moved from that apt. Still in the city, but to a different area. People move. Get priced out if renting, etc. I cannot see how they could require you to be in that same residence.

I mentioned this before, but I feel like that piece of mail is to show that you live in either the 5 boroughs or surrounding counties, which is indeed required.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    See this is what is confusing some of us. I have since moved from that apt. Still in the city, but to a different area. People move. Get priced out if renting, etc. I cannot see how they could require you to be in that same residence.

I mentioned this before, but I feel like that piece of mail is to show that you live in either the 5 boroughs or surrounding counties, which is indeed required.
    You are correct. I dont currently live in the same place that i lived back in 2010-2011. The investigator just wants prove that you currently live in one of the 5 boroughs so i had to provide them with some documents that reflect activity within the last 60 days from my current address.
    Exam 2000
    List # 13X
    Score 106

Forum Member

To all the candidates that recently received their packets and/or have been invited for the practice CPAT, what list number range are you in?

-Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    You are correct. I dont currently live in the same place that i lived back in 2010-2011. The investigator just wants prove that you currently live in one of the 5 boroughs so i had to provide them with some documents that reflect activity within the last 60 days from my current address.
    Since I am paperless are printed statements with your address on them good?
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:109
    List # XX

Forum Member

If anyone on here can comment on how strict they are with the residency credits I would appreciate it. I am a bit nervous about that only because I am from long island but lived in the Bronx during the time frame for college. Because I was a broke college kid, didn't have all bills in my name but split them up between everyone (cable was in mine). Right now I am just gathering all the evidence I can get. I think I have enough and by dad, who is OTJ says I will be fine but still a bit nervous. Does anyone here know anyone personally who was denied the points?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List #: 20xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desire4theJob View Post
    Since I am paperless are printed statements with your address on them good?
    That's what I did.

What I'm curious about is if you have to still be a city resident to get the points, or it's just a matter of proving your residency during that year period.

Forum Member

And to clarify, I know they are strict, especially when it's apparent someone is trying to fake the credits. But I want to know if they understand that sometimes a college students circumstances may be different from others as far as documents go.
    Score: 101
    List #: 20xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    That's what I did.

What I'm curious about is if you have to still be a city resident to get the points, or it's just a matter of proving your residency during that year period.
    my investigator stapled all my residency documents together and had the recent pay stub showing my address kept separately. In fact, due to my billing cycle I actually gave her an extra month on the required period, and she gave me back the statement saying she didn't need it. I don't think this proof of a recent address has anything to do with the 5 points

Forum Member

That's what I did.

I would think you still have to be a resident to get the points.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I doubt it, but I wouldn't know personally, which is why I'm curious.

Forum Member

Unless they pulled a switcheroo you will NOT have to be a resident to get your 5 points if you claimed them. If you lived there June 2010-July 2011 or whatever they asked and you can prove then thats it. They can't say during the filing period one thing than change it 18 months later, especially in these times
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:109
    List # XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    While my investigator did ask for three pieces of proof to establish my residency of the last 60 days, it was NOT required that these documents established my residency in NYC. For whatever reason, they just want to know where are are living now.
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    While my investigator did ask for three pieces of proof to establish my residency of the last 60 days, it was NOT required that these documents established my residency in NYC. For whatever reason, they just want to know where are are living now.
    For whatever reason? In order to be hired you must live in 1 of the 11 approved counties. Even if you are claiming NYC resident credit for the exam you still need to show current residency.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

For whatever reason? In order to be hired you must live in 1 of the 11 approved counties. Even if you are claiming NYC resident credit for the exam you still need to show current residency.
    You do not need to show current residency in NYC if you are going through investigation right now. You need to live in one of the 11 approved counties by time of hire, but they were explicit when speaking to my group at investigations that they are not asking anyone to move who does not live in NYC since they still expect "few if any" (their words) candidates from the OC list to be in the July class.
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Was curious about the residency credits. Started my job back in 2004, but never updated my w-2 forms to the new address. Wasn't a problem as i was living with my aunt, and she still lives there. Even though my old address was a city address, would that be sufficient enough for the credits.
    Test 2000
    Score:98
    List# 5XXX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jocon31 View Post
    Was curious about the residency credits. Started my job back in 2004, but never updated my w-2 forms to the new address. Wasn't a problem as i was living with my aunt, and she still lives there. Even though my old address was a city address, would that be sufficient enough for the credits.
    What? If I recall right you need 3 different proofs of residency for each month out of the year period that they specified. Do you have 3 different things with the same city address for that year? If not, you're going to have to get creative in finding proof.

Forum Member

I have bank statements, and phone bills for my current address, you're right about trying to get creative. 33 years old, have never lived outside of nyc, and one document will screw it up.
    Test 2000
    Score:98
    List# 5XXX

Forum Member

Hey guys, question here.

So i'm going to CPAT orientation tomorrow in long island city at 10 am. It says on the paper that we need to bring a lock for lockers and wear gym clothes. So are we doing a practice CPAT run tomorrow?

What should I expect to do tomorrow?
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

accidental double post.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    accidental double post.
    They have lockers there for you to put any personal belongings. If you'd like to lock the locker you need to bring your own lock. Not a big deal tomorrow (you're just doing a walk through), but something you may want to consider when you go and do the actual test.
    infolet333 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    Hey guys, question here.

So i'm going to CPAT orientation tomorrow in long island city at 10 am. It says on the paper that we need to bring a lock for lockers and wear gym clothes. So are we doing a practice CPAT run tomorrow?

What should I expect to do tomorrow?
    Mine is at 8am, I guess they have another at 10.

Forum Member

How do I turn my pm on

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Depan shoot me a PM so I can reply, I don't think your PM's are on.
    How to I do that

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Depan395 View Post
    How to I do that
    Go to settings on top of page, then to general settings, scroll down and you will see it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Depan395 View Post
    How to I do that
    That was so long ago I don't even remember what I wanted to tell you, sorry.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Thread Information