Like Tree11331Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    You are commenting FAR ABOVE your pay grade. The PH's did the wrong thing BY NOT GETTING A GOOD MARK IN THE FIRST PLACE. That's how they started this mess. It isn't "bitching" to call these guys out for what they are; it's how we make sure they understand what they're facing and what's expected of them. And that kind of brutal, blunt honesty is how EVERY SINGLE MEMBER of this Department gets treated, black, white, Asian, male, female etc. The job is not asking you to join; you're asking to be a part of it and that's how we do things. If you don't like it, TOUGH SH*T.

There's a pecking order on this job, and you are currently at the very absolute bottom of it. In fact, you're not even on it yet. You would do well to remember that when and if you make it out to a firehouse because a tirade like that is enough to have every senior guy in the house looking to make your life miserable.
    The point of the point of the post was to not use this forum as a bitching ground. U can call out and address any issue u want, just stop wasting our time. Lots of us are tired of the anti-PH tirade u guys always throw around, changing the atmosphere of the f*cking forum. We cant even get answers to decent questions without you or some other high head jumping saying dumb sh*t every single time u get a chance. It was funny for awhile but now its old. Do it the right way or stfu.

Question: Why are you such a bigger dick than any other otj poster on this forum. Why are FDsouthbronx and ffbam so muh more professional than u are. Just wondering. Jist wondering if u really represent the department or are u just a d*ck.

And i dont know where youre from but fyi...in the U.S.A, we dont need a specific paygrade to voice an goddamn opinion. I got nothing to say about the FD or the firehouse. But i can voice my opinion on the something posted on a public forum. Im done and will not argue with you about this stupid sh*t, even though i know u would love it. Go ahead and make ur usual tough guy response, ill save my forum post for more important sh*t.

Sorry for wasting this space guys. Good luck to all of you.

Forum Member

Just got back from CPAT orientation, and just some pointers for those that couldn't make it, and wondereing about the test. There is metered parking under the train station, but you have get there early or you will have to wait till someone leaves. The machine takes credit cards and cash.....
    As far as the test itself, there are two lines on the floor for the course. Follow the BLUE line when going to the next obstacle on the test. Follow the RED line when you're actually doing the obstacle, and these lines will be numbered, just might get confusing for those that didn't see it.
    Also they said that there are three obstacles that have the highest failure rate. Two being the stair mill, and the dummy drag, for obvious reasons, tired legs. But the third is the ladder raise. He said that people get tangled in the rope because either they are tired or not concentrating. He gave a tip, and you can use it or do it your own way, whatever works for you. He said to look at the rope and your hands, not the actual ladder being raised up top. People get fixated on the ladder, and the rope slips or gets tangled.
    Hope these things help, and good luck to all taking the exam. He says they are booked for mid to late April, thru May 19 for exams.
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 03-26-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Forum Member

Has anyone in the 200 range that had they're intake interview 2 weeks ago received info about psych or med yet. I called my investigator last week and was told I had all necessary paperwork. Just a little paranoid I guess

Forum Member

I had my phys today guys. Make sure you are aware of your work history criminal background and moving violations. They are asking for this information. Also, there is 567 questions and most of them are weird. One question ask, do you believe a man should only be the head of tbe houshold, and several sexually questions. It test is all true or false.

Forum Member

How about the one "are you afraid of fire?" LOL
    Tricky SOB's....
    BrooklynBorn and NycQ83 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    I had my phys today guys. Make sure you are aware of your work history criminal background and moving violations. They are asking for this information. Also, there is 567 questions and most of them are weird. One question ask, do you believe a man should only be the head of tbe houshold, and several sexually questions. It test is all true or false.
    Thanks for the info. Yeah, I gotta imagine its similar to the NYPD psyc test I took where they ask you about 8 different times if you hear voices and think about killing yourself haha.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Lol, if you answer yes to that I am sure they are going to dq u.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Question: Why are you such a bigger dick than any other otj poster on this forum. Why are FDsouthbronx and ffbam so muh more professional than u are. Just wondering. Jist wondering if u really represent the department or are u just a d*ck.

And i dont know where youre from but fyi...in the U.S.A, we dont need a specific paygrade to voice an goddamn opinion. I got nothing to say about the FD or the firehouse. But i can voice my opinion on the something posted on a public forum. Im done and will not argue with you about this stupid sh*t, even though i know u would love it. Go ahead and make ur usual tough guy response, ill save my forum post for more important sh*t.

Sorry for wasting this space guys. Good luck to all of you.
    Stop. Just stop. This is a battle you can not win.

Forum Member

Lol, if you answer yes to that I am sure they are going to dq u.
    I'm not afraid of fire, I respect it.

Forum Member

Another tip for the guys who have to take the CPAT test if you know that you're going to have trouble on it. You're allowed to hold onto the railing until the test starts, after that you are allowed to grab the railing 1 ( cant remember if its 2 times and on the 3rd the dq you) time for a brief moment to stabilize yourself. Remember if you fall off you are automatically dq'd so if you think you're about to fall grab that railing. Also what I've done since i have big feet i always made sure that I had the toe of my foot pressed hard against the back of the stair. Because my foot already hang off quite a bit. I guess if y'all have anymore questions about it i've taken the CPAT 3 times now.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Manhattan Medic;1362103]Stop. Just stop. This is a battle you can not win [QUOTE]

Medic, the only battle im fighting is for a clear and informative forum without any ridiculous nonsense. If we can achieve that goal, then i won. If we cannot, then u are right, i cannot win.

As for your boy "Teufelhunden", the guys a d*ck and simply comes on here looking for opportunities to flex and show off. He completely misses the point of just about everyone he has argued with. Always Looking for an opportunity to play "Big Balls". To prove my point, simply check page #446 and take a look at his unprovoked attack on "FFwnt2b". U will see how he jumped all over the guy without even reading what the guy said correctly. He had to apologize to the damn guy; made himself look really stupid. And hes done that with quite a few people on this thread. That tells you that the problem is HIM and that hes full of tension and is only here to stir up trouble. Hes always basically like: "Shut up. Im a Firefighter and youre not! Ha Ha ha!!!". Childish stupidity that i do not see from you and the other guys otj. And THAT i have a problem with becuz noome on here needs that. He is not the type of person im willing to become. Good day Medic, and good luck to you as well.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Yeah, I gotta imagine its similar to the NYPD psyc test I took where they ask you about 8 different times if you hear voices and think about killing yourself haha.
    Correct, it is the exact same thing. I found it strange that a lot of the questions where based on sexuality.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by phillyphill View Post
    Another tip for the guys who have to take the CPAT test if you know that you're going to have trouble on it. You're allowed to hold onto the railing until the test starts, after that you are allowed to grab the railing 1 ( cant remember if its 2 times and on the 3rd the dq you) time for a brief moment to stabilize yourself. Remember if you fall off you are automatically dq'd so if you think you're about to fall grab that railing. Also what I've done since i have big feet i always made sure that I had the toe of my foot pressed hard against the back of the stair. Because my foot already hang off quite a bit. I guess if y'all have anymore questions about it i've taken the CPAT 3 times now.
    I found it easier to keep my balances when I look down at my feet while on the stair master.

Forum Member

Some day you might end up in the academy. You will have an old salty lieutenant as an instructor in one of your classes. He's going to bust your balls every time you have that class, for everything you do, even when you do it well. It's going to drive you nuts, but hopefully there will be at least 1 or 2 functioning neurons in your cranium and you'll just stay quiet, take the criticism, and say "yessir, it won't happen again." I imagine there will be a similar character in the firehouse.

Think of teufelhunden as that guy. Doesn't matter if you agree or disagree with him, because of his place in the social hierarchy his opinion carries more weight, and it's best if you just accept that and stop picking fights.

I agree that the priority hire discussion is detraction from the point of this thread, but I solve that by pretty much skipping over all of it, since I don't have the time or patience to pay attention to it.

Forum Member

i think i started pressing against it when i was getting tired and i think it gave me something to focus on. Kind of sucks just looking at a wall lol. Well the last 1 took i took i was facing a wall.

Forum Member

We have to realize that we all come here for helpful info. I don't get angry if someone jumps on me, I listen, and if it requires a response , I do it in respectful manner. If it doesnt, i dont respond at all. Trying to emulate what it would be like in the firehouse. LOL
    All candidates from OC list, to the PH's may think that they deserve to be in the firehouse. I always felt in order to be received by those on the job, you must first respect those that have been through it. Spiderneck30, I know you are here to get info, ignore the members that frustrate you. You need to concentrate on what you need to do to get on the job. Don't worry about the other stuff.....
    Now, back on topic.......
    When doing your CPAT, the monitor will not answer your questions on whether you can go to the next station, he said just freakin go! He said don't waste your time on little stuff like if you do the sledge hammer entry, and when you are done, you stand the sledge up and it falls over. Don't think you should pick it up, just leave it and go. Also when you are raising the ladder by the rungs, once you stand it straight up, just give it a little shove to get it to the wall, don't try to soften the blow and hold it till it gently touches. I was guilty of this, I thought you had to gently place it.....
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 03-26-2013 at 07:04 PM.
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Forum Member

I found it easier to keep my balances when I look down at my feet while on the stair master.
    Same here, I get in a zone and don't even think about time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Same here, I get in a zone and don't even think about time.
    Worrying about time will only make the obstacle harder and it will make your duration on the machine feel like an eternity. I pretty much but my mind somewhere else and come back periodically to be aware of my surroundings.

Forum Member

3 miles in 22 minutes. Call my number already damn it.

I am getting tired of having to sift through all this damn nonsense. How hard is it to just ignore whoever and don't respond. Like medic said that is normal in everyday fire life so start practicing now. Keep your opinions to yourself no matter your belief on whose right and whose wrong and only post useful info.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    3 miles in 22 minutes.
    Next time I run for fun will probably be a 5k after the academy ends, and I'm shooting for that time as well. I'd love to do a 5k in less than 20 but I doubt I can improve my pace that much in the next 2 months.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Next time I run for fun will probably be a 5k after the academy ends, and I'm shooting for that time as well. I'd love to do a 5k in less than 20 but I doubt I can improve my pace that much in the next 2 months.

by any chance do you have a ballpark idea of what the running pace is like at the academy?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by apples&oranges View Post
    by any chance do you have a ballpark idea of what the running pace is like at the academy?
    The pace is set by the instructor leading the run and honestly I don't know. Be able to run a couple miles in under 8/mile, and be able to run 5+ miles in under 830/mile and you'll be fine on the runs.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I have run long long distances before but that was years ago, I used to focus on distance and zone out.
    In your opinion what is respectable distance to run each week and what should the time be? I know this has been aswered somewhere back further but curious since you are more experienced now.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

A buddy of mine I was talking to who was in this class said to him the pace was a decent jog if that helps.

Forum Member

Correct, it is the exact same thing. I found it strange that a lot of the questions where based on sexuality.
    any humorous examples?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Thread Information