Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 360 of 1194 FirstFirst ... 260310350357358359360361362363370410460860 ... LastLast
Results 7,181 to 7,200 of 23876
Like Tree9342Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1ioz21VqYk

For a second I thought this was fake, then just couldn't stop laughing lol
    I dont think i will ever be able to do that...

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

I spoke to a few minority guys in my job (private ambulance company) mostly black guys and it's funny how they all share the same views when it comes to the FDNY. They all agree that it's the best job in the world. But that they don't want to do it because it's not mentally challenging for them. Im astounded, they also said how the Vulcans tried to push them to take the exam, which they found insulting because of this lawsuit lol. That's another reason why they don't want to take the job at all.

Now there is this fat guy at the base who scored 105 on this exam but I doubt he'll make it he's like 6'2" or something but looks like he weighs mid 300's lol and his training consists of eating bulls h I t food and wearing a bs bunker suit that weighs 5 pounds altogether lol wow.

Now back to that video, I wish they would of done that with full gear and air tank. Maybe then I'll be amazed but this trick anyone can do with a little practice IMO. But all the more excellent video.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    If they can't spell and have grey hair, they are a priority hire

Lmao....duh?But only Assuming they were all 29+ when they took the old exams. I dont think so
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 02-09-2013 at 01:20 PM. Reason: mistake
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Thanks and thanks.

Manhatten Medic. I was wondering if you could elaborate on what is so hard about the academy. I realize it def is extremely hard, just was curious if you could elaborate on what is surprisingly difficult. thanks

I have the same question. I know the rock is challenging and everything, but i think that someone with no military experience will find it more challenging and/or terrifying than an actual military veteran who has been thru basic training and has been involved in military training exercises would describe it.

With that being said, are there any military veterans on this forum who are or have been in/thru training at the rock? If so, how does FDNY academy training compare to military basic training in physical and physocological intensity? And im only talking Army/Marine BASIC. Of course im not talking Nothing crazy like Seals or SF. Just FDNY vs BCT.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    I spoke to a few minority guys in my job (private ambulance company) mostly black guys and it's funny how they all share the same views when it comes to the FDNY. They all agree that it's the best job in the world. But that they don't want to do it because it's not mentally challenging for them. Im astounded, they also said how the Vulcans tried to push them to take the exam, which they found insulting because of this lawsuit lol. That's another reason why they don't want to take the job at all.

Now there is this fat guy at the base who scored 105 on this exam but I doubt he'll make it he's like 6'2" or something but looks like he weighs mid 300's lol and his training consists of eating bulls h I t food and wearing a bs bunker suit that weighs 5 pounds altogether lol wow.

Now back to that video, I wish they would of done that with full gear and air tank. Maybe then I'll be amazed but this trick anyone can do with a little practice IMO. But all the more excellent video.
    I can't quite put my finger on why, but this just makes me cringe. What has this informal poll of your coworkers proven to you? That your opinion towards the lawsuit must be the more correct one?
    grok350 and Blu 2 red hopeful like this.

I would think that Basic Training would be much harder than the Rock. The fact that the military instructors know that they own you and that you cant legally quit without going to jail makes it much easier for them to stress you out. Plus the fact that at BCT, there aint no going home at the end of the day.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    I would think that Basic Training would be much harder than the Rock. The fact that the military instructors know that they own you and that you cant legally quit without going to jail makes it much easier for them to stress you out. Plus the fact that at BCT, there aint no going home at the end of the day.
    I heard a former Marine corp guy once say he actually thought the FDNY training was tougher for him, possible exaggeration maybe? But I still wouldn't take it lightly.
    Last edited by Jukez; 02-09-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I can't quite put my finger on why, but this just makes me cringe. What has this informal poll of your coworkers proven to you? That your opinion towards the lawsuit must be the more correct one?
    Not at all man, I'm totally against this whole lawsuit bs. I just find it interesting how my coworkers all have that much pride that they are all also against this lawsuit crap to the point that they looked the other way when the Vulcans tried to persuade them into doing something that they didn't want to. I mean come on we have a jabroni here who got an 85 and now feels entitled to skip the line when he already had a piece of the pie. Meanwhile these group of good guys are refusing to even take the test while this cesspool lawsuit continues. Plus what got to me was when they all pretty much sadie that they wanted a job that can stimulate their minds and not be so physically brutal on them. These guys are in fairly good shape man lol.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    Not at all man, I'm totally against this whole lawsuit bs. I just find it interesting how my coworkers all have that much pride that they are all also against this lawsuit crap to the point that they looked the other way when the Vulcans tried to persuade them into doing something that they didn't want to. I mean come on we have a jabroni here who got an 85 and now feels entitled to skip the line when he already had a piece of the pie. Meanwhile these group of good guys are refusing to even take the test while this cesspool lawsuit continues. Plus what got to me was when they all pretty much sadie that they wanted a job that can stimulate their minds and not be so physically brutal on them. These guys are in fairly good shape man lol.
    What's the point though? Why is it significant or insignificant that they don't want the job? I say cheers to them for recognizing that it is a physically demanding job and not one they really want to do. I think they're slightly misinformed if they think there is no mental aspect to it, but still bravo for recognizing "I don't think it's for me." I still don't see what it proves or disproves. Have you polled all of your other coworkers as well?
    Blu 2 red hopeful likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by I3akdraf View Post
    One's not "better than the other" what FDsouthbxNY was describing was engine work. Truck work has it's own things that suck ex. 3 hours of salvage and overhaul. The way i look at it if you reallllllyyyyy wanna see fire then engine work is for you, if you like grunt work like picking things up and putting them down then truck work is for you. But, you'll have to just wait to you get to the rock to see, i'm betting you'll go with truck just judging by the type of guy you seem to be.

You actually get to choose between truck and engine? Or do you deal with whats handed to you?
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchBK View Post
    Actually there's a second part to that where it says to list ALL ARRESTS weather convicted or not...
    Yes. I know. Exactly. I said nothing about arrest. I said only a SUMMONS which resulted in a CONVICTION. An arrest is a seperate matter. You can recieve a criminal summons WITHOUT being arrested. If that summons did not result in a conviction then DO NOT LIST IT. However an arrest must be listed whether convicted or not.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

What's the point though? Why is it significant or insignificant that they don't want the job? I say cheers to them for recognizing that it is a physically demanding job and not one they really want to do. I think they're slightly misinformed if they think there is no mental aspect to it, but still bravo for recognizing "I don't think it's for me." I still don't see what it proves or disproves. Have you polled all of your other coworkers as well?
    I'm fairly new here so no not yet. I only ask four guys and they all pretty much said the same thing. My point was that they got uninterested in the job because they didn't want anything handed to them. I guess they believe in the merit system which is a good thing. I mean one guy said that he had a phone call in the middle of the night telling him to take the test. Vulcans didn't get it, no means no!!!
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I have the same question. I know the rock is challenging and everything, but i think that someone with no military experience will find it more challenging and/or terrifying than an actual military veteran who has been thru basic training and has been involved in military training exercises would describe it.

With that being said, are there any military veterans on this forum who are or have been in/thru training at the rock? If so, how does FDNY academy training compare to military basic training in physical and physocological intensity? And im only talking Army/Marine BASIC. Of course im not talking Nothing crazy like Seals or SF. Just FDNY vs BCT.
    My roommate back in the city is a former Marine and OTJ now. He said the academy was harder than Boot. That being said I don't think its physically harder then when he went to Parris Island in the early-mid 90's but I think you are much more mentally pushed then boot camp and at boot camp even though you are rushed to do everything you don't go home so you get everything you need to get done done. At the rock you are gonna work your *** off physically, go in a classroom, get a ton of information shoved into your skull, maybe go run some more, then go home and have to study and be back in 10 hours.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:109
    List # XX

Forum Member

Days like today make me appreciate when it's simply cold out, and not ****ing snowing and all this other bull****. I'd take 10 degrees over this nonsense any day of the week.
    Agree, Front leaning rest in a pile of snow is not to fun
    01-13

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desire4theJob View Post
    My roommate back in the city is a former Marine and OTJ now. He said the academy was harder than Boot. That being said I don't think its physically harder then when he went to Parris Island in the early-mid 90's but I think you are much more mentally pushed then boot camp and at boot camp even though you are rushed to do everything you don't go home so you get everything you need to get done done. At the rock you are gonna work your *** off physically, go in a classroom, get a ton of information shoved into your skull, maybe go run some more, then go home and have to study and be back in 10 hours.
    And Im loving every min of it!!!
    01-13

Forum Member

Yes. I know. Exactly. I said nothing about arrest. I said only a SUMMONS which resulted in a CONVICTION. An arrest is a seperate matter. You can recieve a criminal summons WITHOUT being arrested. If that summons did not result in a conviction then DO NOT LIST IT. However an arrest must be listed whether convicted or not.
    What about like urinating in Public, where one pleaded guilty and paid? I am guessing thats a conviction? My mother told me she was ashamed of me after that one.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

I was working with a black gentleman who wanted his son to continue college and play pro football. He said the vulcans came to his house so much and recruited his son so hard that there was no convincing him, which isn't necessarily a bad thing in some peoples eyes.
    I however thought it was very very interesting when he told me his son was bragging that he didn't have to fight fires and had some type of inspection job. Not to say black firefighters do this on a regular basis at all, just curious if Vulcans are recruiting people with the promise of putting them in non fire fighting positions.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 02-09-2013 at 05:27 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Is anyone else getting warnings not to visit this site because it might harm your computer? I have a mac.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    What about like urinating in Public, where one pleaded guilty and paid? I am guessing thats a conviction? My mother told me she was ashamed of me after that one.
    trust me you will have to list that, and get a deposition from where ever you got it. I know from experience lol

Forum Member

I actually have more than one that I got in the jersey shore. It was like entrapment thou. The "summer" police lock the the only bathroom and then hide behind cars and wait for people to pee when there is no where with in miles to go and not a soul in sight. Then the tickets are like 350 or more. If they have so much manpower then the bathroom shouldn't be closed. I however learned my lesson and haven't been out there in 4 years, maybe 5 when I get called. I accept responsibility, I should have known where I am not welcome, especially since NY'ers receive tickets and people with NJ I'd's do not. Hope it does not DQ me. I have a totally clean record except for those.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 02-09-2013 at 05:28 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Thread Information