Like Tree9539Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    A buddy of mine I was talking to who was in this class said to him the pace was a decent jog if that helps.
    It depends on who's leading the run. If you can do 6 miles in 50 minutes you'll be fine, or 4 in 35 min.

Guys is know that the CPAT is the first thing on the topic list, but keep in mind that the academy is around the corner and the PT, drills and evolutions at The Rock are MUCH harder than the CPAT. If you can do the CPAT in your sleep, you'll be fine. If the CPAT is difficult, you are in trouble...
    ffbam24 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Medic, the only battle im fighting is for a clear and informative forum without any ridiculous nonsense. If we can achieve that goal, then i won. If we cannot, then u are right, i cannot win.

As for your boy "Teufelhunden", the guys a d*ck and simply comes on here looking for opportunities to flex and show off. He completely misses the point of just about everyone he has argued with. Always Looking for an opportunity to play "Big Balls". To prove my point, simply check page #446 and take a look at his unprovoked attack on "FFwnt2b". U will see how he jumped all over the guy without even reading what the guy said correctly. He had to apologize to the damn guy; made himself look really stupid. And hes done that with quite a few people on this thread. That tells you that the problem is HIM and that hes full of tension and is only here to stir up trouble. Hes always basically like: "Shut up. Im a Firefighter and youre not! Ha Ha ha!!!". Childish stupidity that i do not see from you and the other guys otj. And THAT i have a problem with becuz noome on here needs that. He is not the type of person im willing to become. Good day Medic, and good luck to you as well.
    How about this then?
    Just shut up.

Think back to the military. There was a time to shut up then too.

Horse : Dead
    Last edited by ffbam24; 03-27-2013 at 01:56 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Correct, it is the exact same thing. I found it strange that a lot of the questions where based on sexuality.
    I think the word you mean is actually "sexism".

A psychological test (or "psych" not "phys") cannot really be narrowed down to give a concise overview. But some of the main things it looks for are your consistency or trends on several ideas/ideals (i.e.): gets along well with others, works as a team, is (not) a loner, artistic vs meticulous, preconceived ideals regarding sexism (do you think only certain sexes can do only certain jobs, etc), all mixed in with little qualifier questions; stealing, lying, cheating, etc.

The questions and answers were developed and identify trends to determine if you're trying to deceive the test itself. Answer as you will. Don't try to guess what the answer is they're looking for. That's when red flags come up and you either a) fail or b) get to talk to the actual psychologist.

A lot of people with a lot of abbreviations after their names have developed these tests throughout the years. You can't outthink them.

Answer truthfully and to the best of your ability.
    Last edited by ffbam24; 03-27-2013 at 02:18 AM.

Forum Member

I know some guys are worried about work schedules and getting off, didn't get any specific dates but the instructor who walked us around the CPAT course in LIC told us they only test Tues-Thurs, and Saturdays for the CPAT.

Forum Member

"How about this then?
    Just shut up.

Think back to the military. There was a time to shut up then too.

Horse : Dead"

+1

Sorry spider, the senior guy is always right.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

What exactly is an evolution? Or is that going to be one of many pleasant surprises if I am lucky enough to get to the Rock?
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Saw this online

FDNY prep workouts

Sky’s the Limit Athletic Training is now holding FDNY physical test prep workouts for the upcoming FDNY physical test. These workouts include all eight CPAT events, which candidates are required to pass in order to get hired. Run the complete course and get timed. Call Sky’s the Limit at 718-494-2800 or visit www.skysthelimittraining.com.
    Exam# 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    I know some guys are worried about work schedules and getting off, didn't get any specific dates but the instructor who walked us around the CPAT course in LIC told us they only test Tues-Thurs, and Saturdays for the CPAT.
    Hey hopeful when did you receive info about the cpat walk through? My list is 2## and haven't gotten anything I met my investigator on 3-11 she said my letter for med and psych should be coming around 2 weeks.

Forum Member

The cpat practice starts april 23 through may 22nd. As you know if you pass the cpat during the practice session you dont have to take the actual cpat.

Forum Member

sky that link didn't work. I guess I should try to google it.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    Hey hopeful when did you receive info about the cpat walk through? My list is 2## and haven't gotten anything I met my investigator on 3-11 she said my letter for med and psych should be coming around 2 weeks.
    I met my investigator on 3/18. I got my letter for the CPAT orientation some time in the week before my intake interview. Haven't heard about med/psych beyond my investigator saying I should be getting notified about them "soon".

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SouthBK84 View Post
    Saw this online

FDNY prep workouts

Sky’s the Limit Athletic Training is now holding FDNY physical test prep workouts for the upcoming FDNY physical test. These workouts include all eight CPAT events, which candidates are required to pass in order to get hired. Run the complete course and get timed. Call Sky’s the Limit at 718-494-2800 or visit www.skysthelimittraining.com.
    To bad it's in SI
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    What exactly is an evolution? Or is that going to be one of many pleasant surprises if I am lucky enough to get to the Rock?
    No surprise here guy. Everything you do is a training "evolution". A ladders evolution, a mask confidence evolution.....ect.

Forum Member

If you have some hearing loss will that prevent you from passing the medical screening? Its military connected and it's not a lot of loss, but noticeable on hearing tests...

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    The point of the point of the post was to not use this forum as a bitching ground. U can call out and address any issue u want, just stop wasting our time. Lots of us are tired of the anti-PH tirade u guys always throw around, changing the atmosphere of the f*cking forum. We cant even get answers to decent questions without you or some other high head jumping saying dumb sh*t every single time u get a chance. It was funny for awhile but now its old. Do it the right way or stfu.

Question: Why are you such a bigger dick than any other otj poster on this forum. Why are FDsouthbronx and ffbam so muh more professional than u are. Just wondering. Jist wondering if u really represent the department or are u just a d*ck.

And i dont know where youre from but fyi...in the U.S.A, we dont need a specific paygrade to voice an goddamn opinion. I got nothing to say about the FD or the firehouse. But i can voice my opinion on the something posted on a public forum. Im done and will not argue with you about this stupid sh*t, even though i know u would love it. Go ahead and make ur usual tough guy response, ill save my forum post for more important sh*t.

Sorry for wasting this space guys. Good luck to all of you.
    I could really care less what you think, what you like or what you're interested in hearing. Look through my answers to guys who come on here with a semi respectful attitude and ask good questions as opposed to clowns like you who think you get to have it your way. YOU are the problem here, not me. If you're butthurt by my posts, MOVE ON and think about taking the Sanitation test. Because that's exactly how you're going to be spoken to if you walk into a firehouse with your sh*t attitude. And as far as an apology goes, the fact that I offered the guy one after realizing I was in error should tell you I'm not one of the king sh*t types who like lording seniority over people.

And since you mentioned bam and southbronx, take a close look at my last post to you. You'll notice both of them liked it. Still thinking our opinions are so different? You'll also notice a few other guys on here are basically telling you to shut the f*ck up; I suggest you listen. If your wittle feewings can't handle a few harsh words when you f*ck up, the FDNY ain't the place for you.
    Last edited by teufelhunden36; 03-27-2013 at 06:12 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ffkschrum View Post
    If you have some hearing loss will that prevent you from passing the medical screening? Its military connected and it's not a lot of loss, but noticeable on hearing tests...
    They definitely test you, although I don't know what the threshold if for passing. Might not be a bad idea to see an audiologist and find out exactly where you're at and if there's anything they can do for you. Civilian doctors are able to do a lot more than the military ones are.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    They definitely test you, although I don't know what the threshold if for passing. Might not be a bad idea to see an audiologist and find out exactly where you're at and if there's anything they can do for you. Civilian doctors are able to do a lot more than the military ones are.
    Take this advice! Also, remember that everything is handled on a case by case basis when it comes to medical issues. Get as much information as you can and see at civilian doctor before you take the medical. Show up armed with info!
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    To bad it's in SI
    If you're serious about getting the job, a drive to Staten Island should be a non issue.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    IAnd as far as an apology goes, the fact that I offered the guy one after realizing I was in error should tell you I'm not one of the king sh*t types who like lording seniority over people.
    I appreciate the apology, but as in basketball, "No Blood, No Foul". Hope you guys can just ignore each other. We need you both in this critical time, teufelhunden36 for OTJ experience, and spiderneckfor the hiring process.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I appreciate the apology, but as in basketball, "No Blood, No Foul". Hope you guys can just ignore each other. We need you both in this critical time, teufelhunden36 for OTJ experience, and spiderneckfor the hiring process.
    Listen, I strongly advise you not to pay attention to spiderneck; he's an internet tough guy with a sh*t attitude and he's gonna have a lot of problems when he gets to the Rock and even more when he gets to a firehouse. You don't want to listen to me that's ok, too. But understand, and this goes for everyone, you will be expected to show EVERYONE in your house, even the guys who are still probies and the five year guys like me, the respect we've earned. It is a MAJOR part of this job, and I'm telling you right now that you're not gonna get away with SH*T. Laugh it off and rail against it now online if you want, but your opinions, likes and wants mean nothing in the firehouse until you have some time on.

The senior guy in my house when I got there told me this: "Shut your *****ng mouth and open your *****ng ears or we'll destroy you; we don't give a f*ck what you think." Just like that, without me saying a word to him. I did not say a word without being spoken to for two years. This is what you're in for, guys. You guys will notice I have nothing but advice and encouragement for guys on here with good attitudes; how I talk to the guys who don't is exactly what you can expect from every guy in your house when you get there if you have an attitude problem. Leave the juvenile, "you're not the boss of me" crap at home; I'm telling you you're not gonna get away with it here.

Forum Member

Spiderkneck Should just be ignored. Decided not even to argue with him.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 03-27-2013 at 09:34 PM.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SouthBK84 View Post
    Saw this online

FDNY prep workouts

I would not pay money for CPAT training. Just go to the classes at the rock. If your # hasn't been called yet then just train at your own gym.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Some day you might end up in the academy. You will have an old salty lieutenant as an instructor in one of your classes. He's going to bust your balls every time you have that class, for everything you do, even when you do it well. It's going to drive you nuts, but hopefully there will be at least 1 or 2 functioning neurons in your cranium and you'll just stay quiet, take the criticism, and say "yessir, it won't happen again." I imagine there will be a similar character in the firehouse.

Think of teufelhunden as that guy. Doesn't matter if you agree or disagree with him, because of his place in the social hierarchy his opinion carries more weight, and it's best if you just accept that and stop picking fights.

I agree that the priority hire discussion is detraction from the point of this thread, but I solve that by pretty much skipping over all of it, since I don't have the time or patience to pay attention to it.
    Thanks Medic. Youre right. Dont worry, i understand what u mean. 8 years in the Army and 6 years as a construction apprentice...i know how to stfu, stay in my place and listen to my superiors. Been there twice and i know how to play that game. Thats not my problem. My only problem was with the direction of this forum. As Bam said, "Horse Dead".

Now back to topic. Saw my investigator yesterday. Everything went well. Just need to provide my bank statement for 2010-2011 to maintain my residency points. Seems like the residency is the main thing theyre stressing with this process. I dont pay utility so im glad i had that chase account from 09-11. Saved me from dropping like 8000 spots on the list. She also said that the list hasent been established yet and that everyone there yesterday were most likely looking at a January/July 2014 class. Good and a bad.. more time to get in shape/more time to get hurt or in trouble.

Forum Member

I went for quick run yesterday, just an easy pace at 85-90% of my max heart rate for 40-45 min. Anyway the purpose of my post is that on the return portion of the run I passed two guys, one in an fdny hat and the other right on his heels seemed to be running together, and I got the vibe they were training for an upcoming class. I'm always looking for someone to train or at least run with so if anyone on here was running by Pelham Bay Park towards City Island yesterday between 4:30 and 5pm I'm sure that was you I passed. If you're down for anther running partner I'm always game just let me know.

Forum Member

All this talk of the OC list not getting touched for this July class kinda terrifies me. It also has me baffled. Why would the prevailing opinion be that the July class will be completely filled with PHs and promos when they only have 470 PHs and a 200 promos to draw from? Unless my understanding of what the hiring ratios normally are is out of whack it still seems like at least 100-150 academy spots will have to come from the OC list. Does anyone have some insight here? Are they expecting almost all the PHs to make it into the academy?
    NycQ83 likes this.
    List # 12XX

Thread Information