Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 362 of 1024 FirstFirst ... 262312352359360361362363364365372412462862 ... LastLast
Results 7,221 to 7,240 of 20477
Like Tree7772Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Hey brothers, as far as the "weight" goes for the medical part, does anyone know if its ONLY done based off of the bmi chart, or if they will do Body Fat % as well.
    Because i Know people, myself included, who will be deemed overweight on the bmi chart but with a good bodyfat percentage, because the muscle makes you way more. It happened in my army reserves unit all the time and we all have to get taped to pass the weigh in. anyone have any knowledge?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYhopeful28 View Post
    Hey brothers, as far as the "weight" goes for the medical part, does anyone know if its ONLY done based off of the bmi chart, or if they will do Body Fat % as well.
    Because i Know people, myself included, who will be deemed overweight on the bmi chart but with a good bodyfat percentage, because the muscle makes you way more. It happened in my army reserves unit all the time and we all have to get taped to pass the weigh in. anyone have any knowledge?
    They do not measure your body fat. The weight requirement is based of BMI, but quite a bit more lenient from what I remember. If you're muscular you should be fine. If you're muscular with an extra 50# of flab you may have a problem.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYhopeful28 View Post

Hopefully they use their eyes as well because I hate that bmi chart.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 104
    List: 2XX

Forum Member

Some interesting and useful information to follow (talk of summonses/prior convictions, our standing bodyfat count, brazilian firefighting drill teams, urinating in public while down at the shore, and the engine/ladder dispute aside):

What do we know about the current case thus far?
    As it stands, we know the name of the case is "United States v. Bloomberg," and although we do not know the specifics, the City did not receive a favorable ruling in Garaufis' courtroom. The City appealed one or more rulings to the next higher court, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals. I would venture to say that the city is appealing its motion for preliminary injunction (Rule 65 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure) against hiring oversight which possibly includes the actual hiring of "priority hirees." According to the NY Post, this motion was reviewed and temporarily granted by the Second Circuit Court of Appeals.

What is necessary for a preliminary injunction?
    The City had to show that it would suffer "irreparable harm" if hiring oversight (and possibly including "priority hirees") is allowed to be imposed by Judge Garaufis. Read the requirements for a preliminary injunction here: http://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcp/rule_65

What does that mean?
    A ruling by the Second Circuit Court of Appeals in favor of the City's motion to grant a preliminary injunction only means a temporary ban on "hiring oversight" until the Second Circuit makes a decision and remands the case BACK to Judge Garaufis for a ruling consistent with their findings. Whether or not this includes a temporary hiring freeze on "priority hirees" will only be known to us when the Second Circuit makes writes either an opinion or a summary order. We can stay apprised of their rulings by checking their website: http://www.ca2.uscourts.gov/opinions.htm

Forum Member

That first cop was a little intense at first.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tase Me Bro!! View Post
    I'm guessing you've got some volly time. Do yourself a favor and keep your mouth shut in probie school about the firefighting tactics you may be used to. Vollys take a beating at the rock so you're better off not letting them ever know you were/are one. Also that nonsense you just spewed is flat out wrong. The biggest mistake you made was suggesting that your tools or assignments can change on the fire floor. Do YOUR job and be where YOU'RE supposed to be. If you've got the roof and your boss calls you on the radio asking where you are, you better not f*cking say the basement!
    Your not even worth the response from an adult.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    They do not measure your body fat. The weight requirement is based of BMI, but quite a bit more lenient from what I remember. If you're muscular you should be fine. If you're muscular with an extra 50# of flab you may have a problem.

At 5'6 and 160 lbs i'm considered overweight on that scale! But I am not worried about it because I am bulking and I carry several pounds of muscle mass on me. By the time my list #1xxx. gets called I may reach 170 lbs at most. I am an ectomorph and I am on a caloric surplus diet because I train for muscle growth and strength (but I will start training for muscle endurance and stamina in a few months to prepare for the physical and the academy). I hope the medics realize the difference from someone that is overweight due to fat and someone that's overweight due to muscle mass. I would hate to have to lose 10 lbs to get into the academy because in such short notice an extreme diet and cardiovascular training can result in losing both muscle and fat.
    Last edited by DannyD0pe; 02-10-2013 at 08:44 PM.
    dawk34 likes this.

Forum Member

Is anyone else here going to the CPAT prep. information session tomorrow at 6:00?

Forum Member

Yes I am going tommorow , does anyone no how to attain scores

Forum Member

Attain scores as in what your list number/test score was? If so, just google fdny list 2000 and it will come up.

Does anyone know the actual date the list was established?

Forum Member

Sorry guys I know you hate these type of questions but I have nobody else who I can ask.

I am abroad and not able to keep up with the latest news or this forum and I was wondering if someone would be so nice as to fill me in with the expected call in date for mid 2000's list number.

I know it is nothing more than an educated guess and nobody will know for sure. But I would like to get an idea about when I will be called to start the medical with all the latest happenings.

Thank you

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirEd View Post
    Sorry guys I know you hate these type of questions but I have nobody else who I can ask.

I am abroad and not able to keep up with the latest news or this forum and I was wondering if someone would be so nice as to fill me in with the expected call in date for mid 2000's list number.

I know it is nothing more than an educated guess and nobody will know for sure. But I would like to get an idea about when I will be called to start the medical with all the latest happenings.

Thank you
    Febraury 21st 2014... I say around 1pm.. local time ofcourse
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    Febraury 21st 2014... I say around 1pm.. local time ofcourse
    I don't know if your trying to be funny or not because a year sounds about right. If someone more serious can still answer my question I will greatly appreciate it.

I know there are some nice people in this thread.

Forum Member

its really hard to estimate right now with the question of the priority hires and the rest of the EMTS and paramedics still waiting to be promoted, but I think a year at the very least is to be expected - probably between one to years.

Forum Member

For Sir Ed:
    I'm #21xx and my guess is I could possibly get a letter this summer (barring how many OC guys go into this class) or next winter. My best case scenario is getting my letter this summer, but not being processed until later on since guys will def get a shot at the academy before me. My guess is they're gonna call 102s and 101s next for OC.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

He is implying with a bit of humor that you will get a packet after the January/Winter 2014 class to be processed for the summer 2014 class. I think this sounds right. If you're lucky you may get your packet after summer 2013 but my best guess is after winter/january 2014.
    Last edited by DannyD0pe; 02-11-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Forum Member

Does anyone agree with my predictions for what list numbers they might reach up to on the OC list?

i figure around 9 full classes for the OC (Little more then 2 a year plus the free class at the end of the list)

320 per class times 9 classes = 2880 candidates
    1:3 ratio= 8640
    1:4= 11520
    1:4.5=12960

Forum Member

It also depends on when the 4 year life of the list starts. No one has an answer to that yet. Because in 4 years you get only 8 classes.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    It also depends on when the 4 year life of the list starts. No one has an answer to that yet. Because in 4 years you get only 8 classes.
    the list starts the day the swear in the first guy off the OC list. and they can swear in a 9th class the day before the list expires and start them at a later date
    DannyD0pe likes this.

Forum Member

There really isn't anymore Emts and Medics to go through. Except for a handful of guys still waiting for their 2 year requirement that list is currently done.
    Exam 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 9xx

Thread Information