Like Tree10576Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I remember MM said some of us may need to get creative as far as document for residency. Do you guys think this will hold water. I have My cable bill in my name and the utilities was in my roommates. How about getting the run of utility bills from my roommate with a notarized letter with it from him saying I lived there and contributed to this bill? Just an idea...
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List #: 20xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian_patrick View Post
    I remember MM said some of us may need to get creative as far as document for residency. Do you guys think this will hold water. I have My cable bill in my name and the utilities was in my roommates. How about getting the run of utility bills from my roommate with a notarized letter with it from him saying I lived there and contributed to this bill? Just an idea...
    Did you have a lease for this apartment? Was your name on the lease? I feel like that should hold more water than your friend saying "yeah he lived with me."

For those gray area things like "I'm going to need a letter from ____" I really don't have any advice other than get creative and be persistent.

Quote Originally Posted by apples&oranges View Post
    4 more candidates resigned including 1 female on 3/27

Does anyone know at what point when they can no longer be recycled?
    Why do you highlight the fact that one of the women quit?

At some point in the academy they look at people with failing averages and decide whether or not to keep them on. This was the case. I don't know the deal though with recycling.
    Last edited by Manhattan Medic; 03-29-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Becuase my investigator gave me an additional document titled "Requirements And Reminder Notice". Its a huge sheet where she highlights everything that she has recieved so far as well as any further documents that she requires.

Not necessarily easier if you live at home, but like i said, the "young'ins"; those who were 21 or younger at the time they submitted the APPLICATION for exam 2000. On the back of the sheet she gave me its states, and i quote: "...as an alternative (to the standard, ridiculous requirements that everyone else has to provide), candidates who are 21 years of age or younger at the time of their application to take the exam may provide:

*A diploma from a NYC public High School; AND
    *(only) One proof of residency

So young guys (21-) staying at home will have it much easier as far as residency. Its the old guys like me who have age (32 yrs) and have been away from mama & papa who must dig a little deeper.

I dont even know if it makes sense to tell anyone on the OC to start saving their documents from now on. Anything u save from this point on doesnt mean a damn thing. They specifically want documents covering the specified period of JULY 2010-JULY 2011. So saving things from now on doesnt make a difference. It MUST be for that time period only.
    yeah thanks thats what I thought you meant about their recent diploma being easy proof.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Teufelhunden36 is right, find a gym. Unless you can practice in a high rise, it will not be the same. I was doing it on my deck, but just wasnt the same. Sucks you have to come down to come back up, it wastes a lot of time. I went to NYSC yesterday and did 16 minutes with the vest, you just have to concentrate on just the steps, it's great.
    I have been seeing a few people at the brooklyn belt location of NYSC training with vests recently. 2-3
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Yea I need to find an actual step mill. The Y I go to only has the step machine that middle aged women use to keep whatever buttocks they have. It's good for the endurance aspect with the vest and measures stories/flights per minute, but using the real thing would be nice sooner or later if I can find one.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

I rented a locker like 10 ft from the step mills at this gym in Astoria (coincidentally named "the rock"....I know a couple of you know it). Anyway, it's one of those somewhat cheap, flimsy metal lockers. Lol the friggin weight vest has caved in the bottom of the locker already. It's only a matter of time before the bottom completely falls through. Either way, I'm gonna have to pay for it at some point...
    River6019 and mocon337 like this.

Forum Member

Can someone with a list number between 150 and 250 pm me. I would like to keep in contact so we can talk about upcoming events as well as anything we miss. For example my cpat orientation letter got lost in the mail and I called Dcas they said it wasn't mandatory and not to worry but I don't want to miss something important. Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I rented a locker like 10 ft from the step mills at this gym in Astoria (coincidentally named "the rock"....I know a couple of you know it). Anyway, it's one of those somewhat cheap, flimsy metal lockers. Lol the friggin weight vest has caved in the bottom of the locker already. It's only a matter of time before the bottom completely falls through. Either way, I'm gonna have to pay for it at some point...
    I know where! haha
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    It's been years, but I remember spending a lot of quality time on the step mills at The Rock. I started seeing a personal trainer at the rock and followed him to Crossfit Dynamix (he's the owner/head trainer). The Rock is a fine standard corporate gym, but I miss Crossfit.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Teufelhunden36 is right, find a gym. Unless you can practice in a high rise, it will not be the same. I was doing it on my deck, but just wasnt the same. Sucks you have to come down to come back up, it wastes a lot of time. I went to NYSC yesterday and did 16 minutes with the vest, you just have to concentrate on just the steps, it's great.
    Well lucky me. I work security part time in a 20 story building on the weekends in Manhattan. 12 hour shift sat/sun. Im literally the ONLY one in the entire building so its basically mine for the whole 2 days.

I walk 20 stories at the beginning of my shift. Then i do it again an hour before i get off; repeat again on Sunday. So i climb a total of 80 flights over the weekend. And thats not including the normal up and down thats actually work related. Then im on the construction site mon-fri climbing lifts and scaffolds with 4" rigid pipe and power tools, loading and dragging 500 MC power cables.

I think im gonna love being a firefighter. It will be the military structure and brotherhood that im used to, combined with the physically demanding lifestyle that i've always known. Just have to play the proby/army private/baby apprentice role ONE LAST TIME. But thats ok.

Forum Member

When is the current class of probies going to graduate. Do you have a date yet?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nev7248 View Post
    When is the current class of probies going to graduate. Do you have a date yet?
    Something like May 17th.

Forum Member

Just heard you guys are coming to do a week in the field, that true? Chime in Medic.
    Mtk123 likes this.

Forum Member

I've heard that if you have a service connected disability from the military that they are not allowed to see why. I know this is true with most employers was wondering if anybody knew how true it is with FDNY. I also have heard if you can pass the medical exam then it doesn't matter what the disability was either. Anybody that can give some insight would be great! Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Just heard you guys are coming to do a week in the field, that true? Chime in Medic.
    yup 5 days 9x6 were going to do probaly by 2nd week of april, any tips on what to bring in first day
    Last edited by BKLYNBOY; 03-31-2013 at 02:11 AM.
    01-13

Forum Member

Something like May 17th.
    Last I've heard thats the date, but it could of course still change since they have to work around the mayor's schedule.

Soon, not sure of specific dates though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNBOY View Post
    yup 5 days 9x6 were going to do probaly by 2nd week of april, any tips on what to bring in first day
    Be at least an hour early and "knock with your elbows", as they say. Meaning, bring donuts or bagels or something for the kitchen table. You'll look like an allstar. Just pay attention, ask questions and get into what ever is going on. Ask if you can help with everything you see going on.

Forum Member

Does anyone know how far down the list the first class went, if anyone knows of someone who received Legacy for a nonimmediate family member and your opinion on whether or not list number 8500 will be called ever?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ridonc View Post
    Does anyone know how far down the list the first class went, if anyone knows of someone who received Legacy for a nonimmediate family member and your opinion on whether or not list number 8500 will be called ever?
    Ya gotta read back a little man. No one from the list has been hired yet. 8500 might be reachable, too soon to tell. If it is, it will be in 3-4 years.

Forum Member

Hey everybody, i hope everyone is enjoying their holidays thus far.

I'd like to know what exercises are being done for those who do not have access to a step mill. I've been lingering around the forum for a while now and it's been suggested a few times that there are other things that can be performed, but it has not been specifically said.

Thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNBOY View Post
    Like southbx said, bring a nice cake or dozen donuts in. The best thing you can do for that week is just show you want to be there. Show up on time in a clean uniform. Shine your shoes. Remember an hour early is on time. Make sure the coffee is made BEFORE someone asks for it. Get in on everything as far as drills and talking things up around the table. Be the last guy to sit down for the meal and the first one to get up. DIVE into the sink when it's time to clean up; literally push guys out of your way to make sure you're the first one to clean a pot. These things all seem trivial, but because we won't get a chance to get to know you they'll be how we gauge your interest in both the job and life around the firehouse.

Remember that the most junior guys on the job have almost five years on and probably know a bit more than guys who had probies come in 3 months after them. We'll be in the sink with you so use that time to pick our brains. Ask the truck guys to go over their rig with you if you have a chance. Ask us to drill and talk about size up when you go on runs and building inspection. We're looking forward to talking to you guys and showing you things you'll need to know when you graduate.

Most of all, LISTEN AND PAY ATTENTION. Some of you are probably vollies, and there's always that one guy who thinks his vollie time counts for something and that he knows it as well or better than the guys on the job. It doesn't, and it's guaranteed to **** people off. Don't be that guy. Be respectful and show us you want to be there, even if it's just for a week, and you'll have a great time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ANC View Post
    Hey everybody, i hope everyone is enjoying their holidays thus far.

I'd like to know what exercises are being done for those who do not have access to a step mill. I've been lingering around the forum for a while now and it's been suggested a few times that there are other things that can be performed, but it has not been specifically said.

Thanks.
    Anything to get your heart going, and anything that strengthens your legs. Interval sprints when running, running in general, rowing machines (and again, with this, you can vary intensity like running), any large set of stairs.

re Ride-alongs: I'm really looking forward to it. Like, really can't wait.
    ffbam24 and FFwnt2b like this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post

re Ride-alongs: I'm really looking forward to it. Like, really can't wait.
    Hands down the best week of the academy. Enjoy it. You'll be doing it for real in 6 weeks.
    ffbam24 likes this.

Forum Member

Gents, hope everyone is well. Spring is taking New York by the balls. Thanks god! July will be here before we know it. Last of the EMS guys (eligible for this class) go for medicals week of April 10th I believe. Just an update not that it really matters to anyone anymore. I put in my AL time for July (once again, like I did in January lol) should be done with EMS July 1st then a month to just workout and get focused. I'm hearing swear in date is July 22nd with first day July 29th. So figure mile and halfs July 17th-20th. Beginning to get excited again. After the past 3 months of being down its starting to feel real one more time. Hope to see some of you guys soon!
    HopefulFF, River6019 and mocon337 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    Gents, hope everyone is well. Spring is taking New York by the balls. Thanks god! July will be here before we know it. Last of the EMS guys (eligible for this class) go for medicals week of April 10th I believe. Just an update not that it really matters to anyone anymore. I put in my AL time for July (once again, like I did in January lol) should be done with EMS July 1st then a month to just workout and get focused. I'm hearing swear in date is July 22nd with first day July 29th. So figure mile and halfs July 17th-20th. Beginning to get excited again. After the past 3 months of being down its starting to feel real one more time. Hope to see some of you guys soon!
    any idea how many EMS people they have left to process? We've been guessing some where between 100-200

Thread Information