Like Tree11287Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I would say 100 tops for this class. Only another 30-40 are now eligible since January and then there are guys like myself just out of reach for January plus the guys that are rolling over from the current class. But, you never know. As I learned from going through the process in January, nobody knows *****. Those are just my predicted numbers. Its the same thing as me predicting that the division champs in October will be (and these are real) Angels, Giants, Tigers, Reds, Blue Jays, Nationals and thats with 162 games left. Thoughts..... Opening Day!!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    I would say 100 tops for this class. Only another 30-40 are now eligible since January and then there are guys like myself just out of reach for January plus the guys that are rolling over from the current class. But, you never know. As I learned from going through the process in January, nobody knows *****. Those are just my predicted numbers. Its the same thing as me predicting that the division champs in October will be (and these are real) Angels, Giants, Tigers, Reds, Blue Jays, Nationals and thats with 162 games left. Thoughts..... Opening Day!!!!!
    I'm conflicted. Hoping you're good with predictions for that 100 number, but the Blue Jays? C'mon.
    JerkAlert likes this.

Forum Member

There's a bunch of EMS guys trying to appeal their Failed medical. Don't forget about those who might also make that "100 tops". Then you have close to the whole 30 drops who will be recycled for the next class. Well that's it for my monthly visit, see you guys next month.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    I'm conflicted. Hoping you're good with predictions for that 100 number, but the Blue Jays? C'mon.
    I don't know, that AL East is up for grabs. The Jays made a lot solid moves. The Rays will be there, IMO the best ran organization in Baseball. Can't see the O's repeating, a lot of their success last season was because of their bullpen but bullpens are incredibly unpredictable year to year. The Yanks are looking flabby and sick right now. And the Sox will be better this year, like what they're doing by taking a step back and building through the system but yet signing decent stopgaps for the next couple of years to stay competitive. Here are my picks

AL East - Rays
    Central - Tigers
    West - Rangers
    Wild Cards - Jays & Royals....yes those Royals, though I think moving Wil Myers is a mistake long term

NL East - Nats
    Central - Cards
    West - Giants
    Wild Cards - Braves & Dodgers

My lowly Mets 62-100. How are you going to field one of the worst OF's in Baseball in the past 20 years. Crappy Bullpen, Wilpons still own the team. I even think the farm is overrated. Wheeler is the real deal and so is Travis D but besides that they have no bats in the system. Flores is decent but he has no position. And Nimmo is still extremely raw. It's going to be an incredibly long season lol. Sorry for the long post, when I start discussing Baseball I kinda get carried away lol.
    HopefulFF and mocon337 like this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Wishing my Yankees made better moves in the off-season and didn't have to start with half the team on the DL. Still, I think they have a shot at a wild card spot if people come back healthy.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Hey, to all you headed for a week in the field, just a heads up....

....ya know all this social media sh*t that's been playing in the papers? Well, you won't be concerned with it, because like proby school, leave your cell phone in the car. As a proby, you don't need to be carrying a cell phone. That goes for next week and next month when you get assigned to a company.
    ffbam24 and teufelhunden36 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Hey, to all you headed for a week in the field, just a heads up....

....ya know all this social media sh*t that's been playing in the papers? Well, you won't be concerned with it, because like proby school, leave your cell phone in the car. As a proby, you don't need to be carrying a cell phone. That goes for next week and next month when you get assigned to a company.

10-4. I was actually wondering what the protocol would be on that.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    10-4. I was actually wondering what the protocol would be on that.
    You really don't want to have it in your pockets at work anyway. Rustling around in bunker gear and getting in and out of the rig damages it. If you have any kind of emergency thing (illness in the family, pregnant wife about to give birth etc.) talk to the one of the guys about it and arrange to give the firehouse number to someone so you can be contacted. We all have families and understand things like that. But probies with cell phones is a no no.

Forum Member

Does the FDNY allow FFs who are also EMTs to recertify on department time? Or is this something that needs to be done on your own time?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    Does the FDNY allow FFs who are also EMTs to recertify on department time? Or is this something that needs to be done on your own time?
    Your own time. As a FF you are a CFR to them, and that's all they take care of.

Forum Member

Anyone in my score range receive CPAT practice and test / medical dates?

Forum Member

Golds gym has the exact stair mill

Forum Member

Forum Member

Forum Member

Med fri, psych sunday.
    Last edited by Ice&Fire; 04-02-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Forum Member

What's your number range? ^

Forum Member

Reason why the order of process was changed ( cpat,interview,medical,psych.) is due to them knowing that a lot of people will lose the 5 rec. points so they want to catch those early in the process. From a reliable source, makes sense to me so this rumor might be possibly true.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Convict65USMC View Post
    I'm at 2xx and have not recieved anything beyond the CPAT practice invite, as of yesterday's mail, nor has a friend at 3xx.
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

Iam also at 2## and have yet to receive any info regarding med and psych I guess it's all about patience. I will post when I do on here
    HopefulFF and vekdoggs75 like this.

Forum Member

I received my psych screening for April 13th. Did not receive my medical date yet. My list number is in the mid 100's.

Forum Member

Recieved psych today. It was mailed out on March 27th. The appointment is for the 13th.
    No medical yet.
    List number between 160-190.

Forum Member

I am in the low to mid 100's and I haven't received anything other than background and the CPAT orientation letter.

Forum Member

I have my psych on the April 7th and my medical on April 9th. Does that mean that my investigation went well and that they didnt deduct my residency credit since i already received my med/psych appointments?
    Exam 2000
    List # 13X
    Score 106

Forum Member

from 0 to 90

Forum Member

Glad to see the OC list rolling along! Good luck with the med and psyc guys, hope this is a sign the OC list might go at least a few hundred deep this round.
    HopefulFF and SouthBK84 like this.
    List # 12XX

Thread Information