Like Tree9527Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #9101
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    I have my psych on the April 7th and my medical on April 9th. Does that mean that my investigation went well and that they didnt deduct my residency credit since i already received my med/psych appointments?
    I don't think so. I read in the investigation package that they may not investigate you right away, and there was a box to check if you wanted to delay appointment until your investigation was complete... Take a look at the last page of your application, where you signed, if you have a copy. Not 100% certain though...

  2. #9102
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Does anyone know if they really go digging around your medical history looking for things?

    I got this ache I want to get checked but I'm honestly nervous it'll end up screwing me some how.

  3. #9103
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Convict65USMC View Post
    Anyone in my score range receive CPAT practice and test / medical dates?
    Did you really ask that 3 separate times hours apart? And also not include what your score is?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  4. #9104
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Did you really ask that 3 separate times hours apart? And also not include what your score is?
    Hey MM, I know you passed your CPAT on the first practice but do you remember how much time they gave you between all 3 cracks at it?

  5. #9105
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Hey MM, I know you passed your CPAT on the first practice but do you remember how much time they gave you between all 3 cracks at it?
    Not that much... a week AT MOST. All 3 attempts were scheduled within a 1.5-2 week period.

  6. #9106
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Not that much... a week AT MOST. All 3 attempts were scheduled within a 1.5-2 week period.
    ty....was trying to figure out the latest they could call us to test if the cut off date is 5/23.

  7. #9107
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    286

    Default

    MM - do they really go searching through all your past medical history?

  8. #9108
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    MM - do they really go searching through all your past medical history?
    I have no idea how much they go through however I'm pretty damn sure you sign over consent for them to look at any medical records as needed. If you've never seen a doctor about it though... how would they know? PM me if you don't want to share the details of your 'ache' here.

  9. #9109
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Does anyone know if they really go digging around your medical history looking for things?

    I got this ache I want to get checked but I'm honestly nervous it'll end up screwing me some how.
    If you have a medical issue you're concerned about enough to think about seeing a doctor, then SEE A DOCTOR. You're a human being, and human beings break and get sick. You're much better off being able to show proof of treatment and a clean bill of health than allowing an issue to get bigger than it is now. I don't blame you if you don't want to put your business online, so I won't ask what's going on, but most aches are treatable things that can be fixed. And if it is serious, wouldn't you want to know that early enough to get a jump on it?

  10. #9110
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Well, my friend at 3xx got his psych date only, however, I didn't receive anything as of yet and I'm at 2xx.
    Last edited by Minerva; 04-03-2013 at 12:49 AM.

  11. #9111
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Does anyone know if they really go digging around your medical history looking for things?

    I got this ache I want to get checked but I'm honestly nervous it'll end up screwing me some how.
    The academy is very physically demanding. You want to make sure you are 100% healthy to take the challenge. You don't want your "ache" to get worst and force you to resign from the academy and then you will have to wait until you heal and getter better to get recycled (if you are given that option). Instead you can use the time to heal now.

  12. #9112
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    113

    Default

    A question for FDsouthbronxNY or anyone otj:
    Our psych letter says to show up for the written psych in casual dress. Would kahkis and a polo be appropriate?

  13. #9113
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    The academy is very physically demanding. You want to make sure you are 100% healthy to take the challenge. You don't want your "ache" to get worst and force you to resign from the academy and then you will have to wait until you heal and getter better to get recycled (if you are given that option). Instead you can use the time to heal now.
    I can relate to the desire to avoid documenting any potential injuries. I had chronic back pain that I dealt with for a long time, but I didn't go to a doctor because I knew the primary cause of that pain was sitting on my *** in a bus. Not surprisingly within a few weeks of finishing EMS that back pain was gone.

    That said, the above quote is definitely true. Everybody is going to get banged up at some point in the academy. Take care of yourself and make sure you enter at 100%.

  14. #9114
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    A question for FDsouthbronxNY or anyone otj:
    Our psych letter says to show up for the written psych in casual dress. Would kahkis and a polo be appropriate?
    Yes, kahkis, and polo is fine, you don't meet anyone, it's all done in the auditorium. Just dress neat, and you'll be fine.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

  15. #9115
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Does anyone know when did the clock for the oc list start...thanks

  16. #9116
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    A question for FDsouthbronxNY or anyone otj:
    Our psych letter says to show up for the written psych in casual dress. Would kahkis and a polo be appropriate?
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by atrez View Post
    Does anyone know when did the clock for the oc list start...thanks
    This has been talked about for some time. No definitive answer, but since they are drawing names from that list and beginning to investigate those on it, I'd say the clock is running. Some will most definitely be hired come July.

  17. #9117
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    363

    Default

    I somehow walked away from my investigation with my reference sheets. I called my investigator and she said I need to mail them back to her then she must mail them to my references. I called her today and she said she has received my references but she hasn't sent them out yet. Does anyone know if this could possibly hold me up? Someone on here just said their friend of 3xx just got a letter about a physc. I'm 4xx, So it must mean I'm coming up soon and I don't want one silly thing like reference sheets holding me back. Does anyone here know if the references they put down have received and sent back their sheets? Thank you!

  18. #9118
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    425

    Default

    Im at 3xx and haven't gotten my psych yet, my boy at low 300s didand we have the same investigator lol, i guess some work a bit faster than others

  19. #9119
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    I somehow walked away from my investigation with my reference sheets. I called my investigator and she said I need to mail them back to her then she must mail them to my references. I called her today and she said she has received my references but she hasn't sent them out yet. Does anyone know if this could possibly hold me up? Someone on here just said their friend of 3xx just got a letter about a physc. I'm 4xx, So it must mean I'm coming up soon and I don't want one silly thing like reference sheets holding me back. Does anyone here know if the references they put down have received and sent back their sheets? Thank you!
    my references havent gotten anything yet. My interview was on 3/18.

  20. #9120
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Investigators has not worked on packets yet due to a high volume of candidates. My investigator stated they are going to start viewing packets next week. That is when things will lighten up in regards of intake interviews. I went to cpat yesterday and they where stressing that they r definitely going deeper on the oc list because a lot of candidates are failing the medical. They also stressed that despite what dcas is saying about a January class we are going in the summer class because there isnt enough candidates for that class

  21. #9121
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Investigators has not worked on packets yet due to a high volume of candidates. My investigator stated they are going to start viewing packets next week. That is when things will lighten up in regards of intake interviews. I went to cpat yesterday and they where stressing that they r definitely going deeper on the oc list because a lot of candidates are failing the medical. They also stressed that despite what dcas is saying about a January class we are going in the summer class because there isnt enough candidates for that class
    when you say you went to cpat, at the rock or LIC?

    Also heard the same thing from my investigator. As of 3/27 she didn't start anything on my background because she was still doing interviews.

  22. #9122
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Investigators has not worked on packets yet due to a high volume of candidates. My investigator stated they are going to start viewing packets next week. That is when things will lighten up in regards of intake interviews. I went to cpat yesterday and they where stressing that they r definitely going deeper on the oc list because a lot of candidates are failing the medical. They also stressed that despite what dcas is saying about a January class we are going in the summer class because there isnt enough candidates for that class
    Thanks for the update. Just wondering if you could clarify what you mean about the January and Summer class?
    List # 12XX

  23. #9123
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Thanks for the update. Just wondering if you could clarify what you mean about the January and Summer class?
    I think a few weeks ago DCAS said no one from the OC would be in this upcoming class because of the remaining EMT's and PH's would fill up the summer class. It sounds like now so many are failing the medical that they will indeed go into the OC for this upcoming summer class, or that's at least what it sounds like to me.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  24. #9124
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Im at 3xx and haven't gotten my psych yet, my boy at low 300s didand we have the same investigator lol, i guess some work a bit faster than others
    As I wrote earlier, I'm at 2xx and my friend at 3xx got his psych invite, but I did not. We also have the same investigator, so, I'm suspecting I haven't recieved anything due to the speed of the mail delivery to my house vs his place. If I don't receive anything in a day or two, I'll give my investigator a call.
    Last edited by Minerva; 04-03-2013 at 03:38 PM.

  25. #9125
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I think a few weeks ago DCAS said no one from the OC would be in this upcoming class because of the remaining EMT's and PH's would fill up the summer class. It sounds like now so many are failing the medical that they will indeed go into the OC for this upcoming summer class, or that's at least what it sounds like to me.
    Ok haha, I was hoping that was what it meant.
    List # 12XX

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 9 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 7 guests)

  1. SirEd,
  2. Smoove

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 12:13 PM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register