Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 370 of 1161 FirstFirst ... 270320360367368369370371372373380420470870 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,400 of 23210
Like Tree9088Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #7381
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mky915 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1z8N1Kr6BU

    Personal role model of mine, Captain Patrick Brown. Humble, down-to-earth, lead by example, and always put his men before himself. He was an avid and enthusiastic practitioner of yoga. If it's good enough for the Captain, it is good enough for you. (Check out the book Miss You, Pat by Sharon Watts to learn more about this man)

    I believe yoga has many benefits for firefighters.

    -Mobility. When we get older, it becomes an even greater factor. Mobility is very important and underrated aspect of health/fitness. It provides a great balance for all the strength/conditioning work done.

    -Mind. Emphasis on quieting the mind. Improve focus. Positive benefit for mental health(like what Captain Brown said in the video) and stress reduction.

    -Health. Thousands of articles online and personal testimonials on yoga.

    I've done Bikram yoga (hot yoga) a number of times. It's arguably the toughest thing I've ever done. I challenge any of you tough guys to coast through 90 minutes of it.

    And the women in there..........my god the women.


  2. #7382
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,132

    Default

    I will continue to squat because I already have my form down. I would go rushing into squats from watching a youtube video, especially since they aren't that high on the priority list in comparison to climbing with a vest. If you really wanna squat and deadlift read Starting strength so you understand true proper form and lumbar extension, knees out etc.
    Took me a while to get it.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  3. #7383
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I will continue to squat because I already have my form down. I would go rushing into squats from watching a youtube video, especially since they aren't that high on the priority list in comparison to climbing with a vest. If you really wanna squat and deadlift read Starting strength so you understand true proper form and lumbar extension, knees out etc.
    Took me a while to get it.
    Absolutely. Big compound lifts with bad form are a fantastic way to get yourself hurt. Learn the right way with manageable weight then get into the heavy stuff.

  4. #7384
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Is everyone really wearing business casual attire to the CPAT information session?

  5. #7385
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brk2012 View Post
    Is everyone really wearing business casual attire to the CPAT information session?
    Do yourself a favor. Unless it says business attire, like when you go for your orientation and paperwork at the Rock, stick with slacks and a button shirt. It can't hurt to look halfway decent. Worst case is you're a bit overdressed in front of people you don't know. But be advised important people have an eye out and names aren't hard to look up. Look the part of a professional and you'll be viewed as one.
    HopefulFF, vekdoggs75 and brk2012 like this.

  6. #7386
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    Absolutely. Big compound lifts with bad form are a fantastic way to get yourself hurt. Learn the right way with manageable weight then get into the heavy stuff.
    Because of my weird limb proportions it took me a while to find my proper form. I had to go a little wider than usual in order not to have flexion in the bottom, and push my knees out pretty far. I squat low bar and its much better for my back,less torque on back and hips are further back with out much knee travel over foot. . I also wear lifting shoes.

    Funny thing is I am weak on the stairs with the vest so I have to switch my priorities.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 02-14-2013 at 11:33 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  7. #7387
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,132

    Default

    Name:  rocky-chicken.jpg
Views: 2198
Size:  19.6 KB



    I am watching rocky 2 right now and I am thinking of buying a chicken to chase around for speed, any one willing to chip in for the chicken and some chicken feed.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 02-14-2013 at 11:45 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  8. #7388
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Attachment 22771



    I am watching rocky 2 right now and I am thinking of buying a chicken to chase around for speed, any one willing to chip in for the chicken and some chicken feed.
    I feel like a Kentucky fried idiot.
    River6019 likes this.

  9. #7389
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Attachment 22771



    I am watching rocky 2 right now and I am thinking of buying a chicken to chase around for speed, any one willing to chip in for the chicken and some chicken feed.
    Buy a chick they like a dollar or so ... They grow fast ... Feed it raw corn

  10. #7390
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,132

    Default

    its gonna make me a Greasy Fast I-talian. When mic is done with me, they are gonna have to put me in a cage.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  11. #7391
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    its gonna make me a Greasy Fast I-talian. When mic is done with me, they are gonna have to put me in a cage.
    We need speed, demon speed, speed's what we need, greasy fast lightning speed!
    mocon337 likes this.

  12. #7392
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Anyone know who I have to speak to in order to defer the process? Also where I can find the accepted reasons for deferment? I just got my background packet in the mail but I am still in school and need to defer until after the summer.

    Thanks!
    FDNY Exam 6019 List# 14XX.
    Lawsuit Victim: Completed process, cancelled academy.

    FDNY Exam 2000 List# 6XX.

  13. #7393
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightowl75 View Post
    Anyone know who I have to speak to in order to defer the process? Also where I can find the accepted reasons for deferment? I just got my background packet in the mail but I am still in school and need to defer until after the summer.

    Thanks!
    When you get in contact with them ... Tell them you want to give your spot to Dannypanigale thanks
    ffbam24, rcfd31 and Spiderneck30 like this.

  14. #7394
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightowl75 View Post
    Anyone know who I have to speak to in order to defer the process? Also where I can find the accepted reasons for deferment? I just got my background packet in the mail but I am still in school and need to defer until after the summer.

    Thanks!

    duuude......didn't you learn anything from 6019?!?!

  15. #7395
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Anyone know the FD's rules on tattoos?
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

  16. #7396
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    Anyone know the FD's rules on tattoos?
    From what I read here and join FDNY .. No there is none

  17. #7397
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    Anyone know the FD's rules on tattoos?
    Yeah no tribals or barb wire - butterflies and angels are allowed.

  18. #7398
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Yeah no tribals or barb wire - butterflies and angels are allowed.
    ****... I knew I shouldn't have drank that day smh!
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  19. #7399
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Yeah no tribals or barb wire - butterflies and angels are allowed.
    What about a tramp stamp of a butterfly wrapped in barb wire ???
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  20. #7400
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    What about a tramp stamp of a butterfly wrapped in barb wire ???
    Is the butterfly wearing a fire helmet?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 12 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 9 guests)

  1. DSNY2FDNY,
  2. Hatefrost,
  3. Jky9xx

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:08 AM
  2. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  3. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  4. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 11:16 AM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts