Like Tree9539Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Can we all just ignore the post article. We all know its crap so lets not fill the pages with more crap.

And those are official cpat dates. Can't say how I know but I'm positive about this.

Forum Member

Anybody know or have added points to their score after they tested. I'm a veteran and would like to get the 5 extra points added to my number. I've been told that it's possible. Anybody know any truth to this? Do I have a chance?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffkschrum View Post
    Anybody know or have added points to their score after they tested. I'm a veteran and would like to get the 5 extra points added to my number. I've been told that it's possible. Anybody know any truth to this? Do I have a chance?
    yes call DCAS

Forum Member

Ok, appreciate it!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffkschrum View Post
    In my experience your best bet is going in to DCAS in person. This way you don't leave until you get what you want. Also they give you a hard copy receipt validating your request for the points. This way should it not be processed, you can go back with that receipt to show you requested the points. That exact situation happened to me with the PD exam. DCAS is located at 1 centre street right by the courthouse in downtown manhattan.
    ffkschrum likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List #: 20xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Cpats will be scheduled for April 24, may 2, 7, 9, 14, 16, 20, and 21 st
    How did you find out? Did you get a letter?

So far all I have gotten is a date for my psych test. Still no medical, but I finished everything up with my investigator, so I wonder if I will get my CPAT and medical dates soon...
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    How did you find out? Did you get a letter?

So far all I have gotten is a date for my psych test. Still no medical, but I finished everything up with my investigator, so I wonder if I will get my CPAT and medical dates soon...
    If you finished everything up does that mean your all good on your background? And did they let you know?

Forum Member

Check out the merit matters page.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchBK View Post
    If you finished everything up does that mean your all good on your background? And did they let you know?
    Yeah, I just met with my investigator earlier this morning for the second time (first meeting was in march). All I had left to bring to him was proof of residency for the residency credits, notarized letters of support (I was 20 when I took exam 2000) and my detailed earnings statement. He said I had officially brought him everything he needs and that I am "good to go".

I was fingerprinted 3 weeks ago, so I imagine I am all good on the background (I have no criminal record or traffic violations in the past).

I just hope I can get into July academy, but it appears that I might have to wait till Jan. 2014, unless a bunch of PH's drop out of the process (*fingers crossed*).

Till then, its back to 5 mile runs, and training at the gym with stairmaster, weightlifting and calisthenics.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Yeah, I just met with my investigator earlier this morning for the second time (first meeting was in march). All I had left to bring to him was proof of residency for the residency credits, notarized letters of support (I was 20 when I took exam 2000) and my detailed earnings statement. He said I had officially brought him everything he needs and that I am "good to go".

I was fingerprinted 3 weeks ago, so I imagine I am all good on the background (I have no criminal record or traffic violations in the past).

I just hope I can get into July academy, but it appears that I might have to wait till Jan. 2014, unless a bunch of PH's drop out of the process (*fingers crossed*).

Till then, its back to 5 mile runs, and training at the gym with stairmaster, weightlifting and calisthenics.
    Obviously no one really knows anything for sure but from the sounds of it I'd be shocked if they didn't get to at least 400 on the OC list. Good luck!

Side note, anyone wanna take bets now of what OC list number they get up to for the July class? My official guess is 584.
    mocon337 and infolet333 like this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Hey has anybody in the high 500's got their Psych date or Medical date yet?

Forum Member

Why do they need proof of support?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

You need it if you're 18+ and still love at home

Forum Member

*live - oops

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Obviously no one really knows anything for sure but from the sounds of it I'd be shocked if they didn't get to at least 400 on the OC list. Good luck!

Side note, anyone wanna take bets now of what OC list number they get up to for the July class? My official guess is 584.

I'll take 568....wishful thinking. lol
    River6019 likes this.

Forum Member

Dude I'm gonna PM you. I'm in the same boat (I'm 21), and want to know how they were with the residency stuff.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    You need it if you're 18+ and still love at home
    What if you live at home but have your own W2's to that address?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

A little bit off topic but I was crossing the rfk bridge and looked to my right and saw all the probies running in that zig zag walk way up to the bridge. Fingers crossed that I get my chance fellas!
    nick0525 likes this.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    A little bit off topic but I was crossing the rfk bridge and looked to my right and saw all the probies running in that zig zag walk way up to the bridge. Fingers crossed that I get my chance fellas!
    Hang in there. 7xxx is not out of the question.
    nick0525 likes this.

Forum Member

My investigator has told me that "the July class is possible but unlikely" for my list number. I have yet to get dates for CPAT/Med/Phys, but I am meeting with him again this week to finish up. FYI
    FDNY exam 2000
    score: 104
    list # 3xx
    "Where I lack in experience, I more than make up for with inexperience."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    What if you live at home but have your own W2's to that address?
    Still need it

Forum Member

Congrats then, all you gotta do is pass the other parts. I'm in the same boat, was 20 when I took the exam, but I do have a criminal history, they were all dismissed and sealed, so I'm hoping that works in my favor and they look over that. I'm going to give my investigator a call this week and let him know I have all the papers and arrests explanations that I needed to bring in and see if I can swing by this week or next.

EDIT: Also I was hoping to get into the July class, List Number low 700s but by the way it looks, I'll probably be going in the Jan class , god willing

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Convict65USMC View Post
    My investigator has told me that "the July class is possible but unlikely" for my list number. I have yet to get dates for CPAT/Med/Phys, but I am meeting with him again this week to finish up. FYI
    Well Im going to have to differ so there's one more spot
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:109
    List # XX

Forum Member

anyone familiar with the area of the NY Fire Museum? 278 Spring Street, trying to figure out if I should drive in or take PT. Looks like it's not too far from Chinatown/Little Italy & parking over there has always been pretty good for me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    anyone familiar with the area of the NY Fire Museum? 278 Spring Street, trying to figure out if I should drive in or take PT. Looks like it's not too far from Chinatown/Little Italy & parking over there has always been pretty good for me.
    It is on the west side pretty close to the Holland tunnel. I know the A,C,E and 1 are pretty close to the museum. The place is actually pretty cool, fun to walk around if you have never been before.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List #: 20xx

Thread Information