Like Tree11343Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desire4theJob View Post
    Well Im going to have to differ so there's one more spot
    You're nuts haha, no offense. Good luck though in whatever's holding you

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian_patrick View Post
    It is on the west side pretty close to the Holland tunnel. I know the A,C,E and 1 are pretty close to the museum. The place is actually pretty cool, fun to walk around if you have never been before.
    Ya it looks really cool. I'm going to have to make a trip back there now that the weather is nicer.

Forum Member

Now THIS is great. The forum has become filled with professional advice from the pros OTJ, informative information from the candidates and helpful responses from both. Keep it up guys, and thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian_patrick View Post
    It is on the west side pretty close to the Holland tunnel. I know the A,C,E and 1 are pretty close to the museum. The place is actually pretty cool, fun to walk around if you have never been before.
    There is lot right next to it, might be expensive. There is metered parking on the street but good luck finding it.
    It was actually a good time there.
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

BTW, the 9/11 stuff is incredible in there. Fr the photos down to the firemans gear worn that day.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Now THIS is great. The forum has become filled with professional advice from the pros OTJ, informative information from the candidates and helpful responses from both. Keep it up guys, and thanks.

It was that before guys who should shut the f*ck up and listen opened their mouths out of turn thinking they're some sort of moderator. What gets discussed on here and how isn't regulated by you. You can continue this streak of happiness on our little forum by remembering your place and staying in it.
    Last edited by teufelhunden36; 04-10-2013 at 09:32 AM.
    BrooklynBorn likes this.

Forum Member

Let me know how that turns out hopeful, wasn't able to make it there. For us si guys the ferry to the 1train seems like the best route

Forum Member

It was actually very fun, also my mentor I actually know. I played basketball with, small world......

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    A little bit off topic but I was crossing the rfk bridge and looked to my right and saw all the probies running in that zig zag walk way up to the bridge. Fingers crossed that I get my chance fellas!
    Glad somebody noticed us doing sprints up and down that pedestrian bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    anyone familiar with the area of the NY Fire Museum? 278 Spring Street, trying to figure out if I should drive in or take PT. Looks like it's not too far from Chinatown/Little Italy & parking over there has always been pretty good for me.
    I'm familiar with the area. Parking during the day is tricky, a lot of metered spots, and a lot of commercial only parking. It is pretty far out of the way, which works to your favor, but at the same time they also give a lot of preferential parking rules to the businesses in that area. If possible I'd say it's easier to just take the train in. 1 to Houston St, C/E to Spring, or even the PATH to Christopher.

On an unrelated note: We got our first taste of warm weather training this week and all I gotta say is... whoever makes it into the summer class is going to be in for a long few months until the temperature starts to drop. I can't say I enjoyed freezing my *** off at various times throughout the day, or having numb extremities, but I'd kill for it to be 30 degrees outside again compared to yesterday.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Let me know how that turns out hopeful, wasn't able to make it there. For us si guys the ferry to the 1train seems like the best route
    Will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Glad somebody noticed us doing sprints up and down that pedestrian bridge.

I'm familiar with the area. Parking during the day is tricky, a lot of metered spots, and a lot of commercial only parking. It is pretty far out of the way, which works to your favor, but at the same time they also give a lot of preferential parking rules to the businesses in that area. If possible I'd say it's easier to just take the train in. 1 to Houston St, C/E to Spring, or even the PATH to Christopher.

On an unrelated note: We got our first taste of warm weather training this week and all I gotta say is... whoever makes it into the summer class is going to be in for a long few months until the temperature starts to drop. I can't say I enjoyed freezing my *** off at various times throughout the day, or having numb extremities, but I'd kill for it to be 30 degrees outside again compared to yesterday.

Ya, I'm coming from NJ so the Path works out well. Prob better off than fighting Holland Tunnel traffic & then looking for a spot.

Thanks to all who chimed in.

Forum Member

has anyone been getting a phone call from 718-618-4044? I've gotten 5 calls, but they don't leave a message and cell reception is awful in my building so every call is immediately dropped.

Forum Member

has anyone been getting a phone call from 718-618-4044? I've gotten 5 calls, but they don't leave a message and cell reception is awful in my building so every call is immediately dropped.
    Dude I was literally about to ask the same thing. I missed that phone number yesterday, and this morning.

Also I know its FDNY related because if you google 7186184044 and fdny, there is a similar post about it on the fdny facebook page where a mod confirms its fdny related..

So does anybody know what that number is?

Is that how they schedule you your CPAT date?
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    Dude I was literally about to ask the same thing. I missed that phone number yesterday, and this morning.

Also I know its FDNY related because if you google 7186184044 and fdny, there is a similar post about it on the fdny facebook page where a mod confirms its fdny related..

So does anybody know what that number is?

Is that how they schedule you your CPAT date?

I don't think it has to do with your CPAT at DCAS.

Luck of the draw 2 weeks ago I was outside of my building when they called. The call was to ask me why I missed a CPAT training session at The Rock & to remind me of when my future dates were. I am assuming the calls this week are because I have training at the academy again this weekend and they're calling to remind me. Have you missed any training sessions?

Forum Member

It's recruitment calling to check up on you or something. Or ask why you didn't go to CPAT training if you skipped it at some point. Not the end of the world. Anything critical (like say.. from DCAS) will be mailed.

Also, oddly the invitation for the 1.5m run was emailed first (and ended up in my spam folder), but then a few days later a hardcopy came as well.

Forum Member

Oh, ok thats good to know. Yeah I didnt go to cpat training last week at the rock. I couldn't get off of work on time.

But I already passed the CPAT time trial at 8:48, so I feel fine with it. Those CPAT training sessions aren't mandatory right?

Cuz I might not be able to get off work to go again until probably the last training session in may. I want to time trial one more time if I can.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    It's recruitment calling to check up on you or something. Or ask why you didn't go to CPAT training if you skipped it at some point. Not the end of the world. Anything critical (like say.. from DCAS) will be mailed.

Also, oddly the invitation for the 1.5m run was emailed first (and ended up in my spam folder), but then a few days later a hardcopy came as well.
    I was figuring it had to be something like this since they weren't leaving a message.

And I won't lie, I just checked my spam folder now, lol...great, another thing to worry about.

Forum Member

Just curious about the future medical if I get called. I'm red-green deficient (aka the most common type of color blindness). Will this DQ me from the medical?
    List 2000
    No points
    Score: 99
    #4XXX

Forum Member

Working out in the warm weather kinda sucks, i can't imagine how it will be in the middle of the summer with gear on. Still praying for july though

Forum Member

The mentorship program called with that phone umber to tell me the info if I couldn't make it. I find out I could go, they just didn't get my confirmation in time, but I still met my mentor.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by snoozer1989 View Post
    Just curious about the future medical if I get called. I'm red-green deficient (aka the most common type of color blindness). Will this DQ me from the medical?
    Probably not, because I am as well.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    There is lot right next to it, might be expensive. There is metered parking on the street but good luck finding it.
    It was actually a good time there.
    You can park for 12 hours for $10 at this one garage:

http://nyc.bestparking.com/print-bes...0&veh=1&t=srch

You have to be in by 2pm or later to get the discount. It only holds 64 cars so I'm not sure if it's usually full but hey, good to have options.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 99
    List #: 4XXX

Forum Member

IRT the number that's floating around, I just recieved it. It's to see if you were able to attend your meeting with your mentor. At least it was for me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Working out in the warm weather kinda sucks, i can't imagine how it will be in the middle of the summer with gear on. Still praying for july though
    Efff it gimme the heat let it burn lol it'll show is ready and who is really ready

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    Hang in there. 7xxx is not out of the question.
    you are making me nervous now, I thought that a score of 97 which I think was 7000 ish was said to be the estimated cuttoff by the commish.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    you are making me nervous now, I thought that a score of 97 which I think was 7000 ish was said to be the estimated cuttoff by the commish.

the estimated cutoff was around 8500 but as everyone said its just an educated guess

Thread Information