Like Tree9606Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    You're nuts haha, no offense. Good luck though in whatever's holding you
    Yea I am lol. But it's the military holding me back, not alot I can do about it.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:109
    List # XX

Forum Member

I went to the mentor thing today, basically no one showed up. Each mentor there was supposed to have 5 candidates, but it ended up being pretty much the opposite. They just had some food out and we sat around and just BS'd about fire department stuff, so that was cool. A LT there was saying that if we know anyone on the list to encourage them to attend the mentorship program.

We didn't actually get assigned mentors today though, I assume that is something that will come through email or something, I don't know.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    I went to the mentor thing today, basically no one showed up. Each mentor there was supposed to have 5 candidates, but it ended up being pretty much the opposite. They just had some food out and we sat around and just BS'd about fire department stuff, so that was cool. A LT there was saying that if we know anyone on the list to encourage them to attend the mentorship program.

We didn't actually get assigned mentors today though, I assume that is something that will come through email or something, I don't know.
    I was there yesterday, and we pretty much had a full house, every mentor had at least 2 I think. It was cool talking to them, but we all got to meet our mentors if they were yesterday.

Forum Member

When I went yesterday, we actually got assigned our mentors. After the whole chit chatting thing in the beginning, they had us all sit down, showed a video, and they started calling names. First they would call a fire fighter's name, then they would call the mentee's names that wnet with the said fire fighter. Then we would walk off with our mentor, and talk.

Forum Member

I was there today also. They assigned us mentors. What time were you there?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I was there yesterday, and we pretty much had a full house, every mentor had at least 2 I think. It was cool talking to them, but we all got to meet our mentors if they were yesterday.
    Beat me to the punch! LOL!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    I was there today also. They assigned us mentors. What time were you there?
    From 1:30-3:30.

Forum Member

From 1:30-3:30.
    Ah. Yea, in the morning they assigned us to mentors.

Forum Member

I'm just going to give them a call tomorrow and see if I can find anything out. There were seriously like 5-10 of us that actually showed up to that session.

Forum Member

Damn! Yea, we had a low turn out as well. Nothing like that though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by frankp88 View Post
    Efff it gimme the heat let it burn lol it'll show is ready and who is really ready
    Working in the heat isn't bad. It's sucks initially, but give it about 7-10 days and your body will acclimate. Stay hydrated..stay hydrated.. Stay hydrated...

Some things I would do before shipping out to Iraq was hang out in the sauna.. Maybe it was just mental but I felt the transition was easier..

Forum Member

I'm suppose to be doing a paper for college but here I am watching FDNY videos on youtube. The Rock probie class of 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_1RpAl40UE
    HopefulFF and mocon337 like this.

Forum Member

Nice find Danny. Which one is you, MM?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Nice find Danny. Which one is you, MM?
    I'll give you 3 hints: I was wearing red sweats, my department issued winter hat, and my firefighter gloves.
    HopefulFF and coldblood92 like this.

Forum Member

I dunno if I can do coordinated jumping jacks like that lol sometimes I end up with my feet and arms off tempo. I am def gonna get publicly abused.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I dunno if I can do coordinated jumping jacks like that lol sometimes I end up with my feet and arms off tempo. I am def gonna get publicly abused.
    They will motivate you to fall into sync. I can assure you of that.
    Last edited by Manhattan Medic; 04-11-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Forum Member

I don't know of this is relevant for anyone on here or not, but on April second I requested via email a new psych date, and just recieved it in the mail today.

Forum Member

got my psych letter today, 5/18

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    got my psych letter today, 5/18
    Are you late 300's? From what I've been hearing they ask you to come down 2 weeks after receiving your letters. May 18th is pretty late. That scares me!

I'm in the 4XX so I hope i can sneak into this July class

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Are you late 300's? From what I've been hearing they ask you to come down 2 weeks after receiving your letters. May 18th is pretty late. That scares me!

I'm in the 4XX so I hope i can sneak into this July class

No, I am between 300-350. The date wasn't what I was expecting either but I think someone else here said they were notified about their psych date before their med date even though the medical was going to take place before the psych. Maybe that's it...or they'll both happen within a week of each other.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    The Rock probie class of 2013
    https://www.youtube.com
    This is BS!
    Some buff was given a tour of The Rock and violated the trust of whomever let them in by filming this and then posting it.
    There are some things that should not be available to the public and then this tool puts it out on the internet.
    SkylinePCG and FDsouthbxNY like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    This is BS!
    Some buff was given a tour of The Rock and violated the trust of whomever let them in by filming this and then posting it.
    There are some things that should not be available to the public and then this tool puts it out on the internet.
    Honest question...why is it such a big deal? All the fire academies in my area, including the two I attended, are open to the public. How is this any different than the filming that takes place on Family Day?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ATFDFF View Post
    Honest question...why is it such a big deal? All the fire academies in my area, including the two I attended, are open to the public. How is this any different than the filming that takes place on Family Day?
    It's probably something to do with they(the FDNY) does the filming on family day.. So they control what is filmed.. Cleared through the PIO.. Etc.

I could see where he is coming from.. It's a respect thing too.. If you are given the opportunity to go/do something special then you should abide by their rules regardless of how stupid they might seem..

Forum Member

Stupid was the wrong choice of word..

Rules are there for a reason, probably because someone filmed something and released it on YouTube and it caused an issue..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ATFDFF View Post
    Family Day ain't the same as a regular training day. The point is that the academy is supposed to be a rite of passage, and one that you will discover as you go through it. Extensive documentation of it ruins that.

Bam: I'll do ya one better, if I remember correctly it was a buff that came to the Rock for the training symposium they did a few weeks back.
    ffbam24 and FDsouthbxNY like this.

Thread Information