Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 375 of 1019 FirstFirst ... 275325365372373374375376377378385425475875 ... LastLast
Results 7,481 to 7,500 of 20375
Like Tree7736Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    I didnt get anything either. IM in the bottom 800s. I'm kinda thinking that piece of information was probably misinterpreted. And that the 1200 included PHs. Because if the extra 500 on the list got anything the forum would be jumping!!! also there was what? 490 PHs and 730 OC so that number fits
    The impression I got was the 1200 included the PH's, the instructors never said they reached out to the top 1200 off the OC list. They said "we reached out to 1200 candidates".

Quote Originally Posted by ksbvx8 View Post
    Does anyone have a ballpark guess of when the CPAT test dates will be(or at least when they will be given out)
    We were told at orientation the tests would be done between mid April and conclude on May 18th.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    I swear this world is full of retards and more
    Upsetting that a lot of those retards are
    For FF candidates. So I'm on Instagram looking at the #fdny hashtags you got someone that posted the picture of the investigation packet... You look at the rest of his pictures and majority are pictures of marijuana or marijuana related ... Smh ....

I just checked this out and lol'd at some of what I saw. Some woman who looks about 40 and is very out of shape by the look of her picture, took a pic of her investigation notice saying how she's "going to the gym everyday this week to be ready!"
    mocon337 and Blinkster like this.
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Forum Member

Wow I guess that makes sense I mistook the top 1200 for the top 1200 I forgot about the 400 something who get to skip me who were discriminated on the reading comprehension test. Makes perfect sense tho. I really just want the process to officially begin for me
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.
    FD Exam # 2000
    Score- 102
    List- 10xx
    CPAT- Passed
    Psych- Passed
    Medical - Passed
    Retest for stairs -Passed
    Medically cleared for hire....."can't wait" -Bart Scott

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    I just checked this out and lol'd at some of what I saw. Some woman who looks about 40 and is very out of shape by the look of her picture, took a pic of her investigation notice saying how she's "going to the gym everyday this week to be ready!"
    Lol ... Yea I saw her too !!! She's going In !!!! Fruit smoothies and all
    mocon337 and Blinkster like this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Ignace_ fortunat View Post
    I've been following this forum for the most part and I can imagine and understand all of you guys for being upset about this whole ph issue. With that said your example above maybe is not the right one to go by cause let's face it black ppl have been through the discrimination where they get passed on for someone other than black so to say "What if they told your mother or father that they had to fire them because they weren't the right color..." has been done so many time it's almost virtually impossible to count. Don't get me wrong two wrong the make a right so it doesn't mean it's right for it to happen to any race especially in this day and age. All we can do is fight it to make it better until there's no more fight in us but at the end of the day know there I a possibility that it might not go if way. When it comes down to it your not gonna have a choice but to work with a ph and your Conn rely on him/her in the job so all this back and forth on Thu forum I not gonna do s#!t so let the legal system deal with it.

It's actually a better forum when you give advice on what and how to get prepared for the academy
    Google this following phrase: "Irish need not apply" Blacks and Hispanics don't have the market cornered on being discriminated against. And in any case, NOBODY HAS BEEN DISCRIMINATED AGAINST IN THIS SITUATION. Telling someone they have to meet a standard to get a job where lives are on the line is not discrimination.

Again, I'm no English teacher but some of you on here are seriously hard to understand. I'm not busting chops either.... it's really hard to get what you're trying to put across.

Forum Member

Ultimately, I feel bad for the 293 men/women who will not get a chance at their dreamjob because their spot has been handed to someone else based on race.
    Test 2000

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    Uh, are you from around here? Not many people in the city of New York don't know what a guinea or mick is. And I've seen with my own eyes a few guys come up to a black guy I work with and tell him it's good to see "a brother" on the job instead of a bunch of ginzos. They received a good *** chewing from him, advised to study, take and DO WELL on the test if they want the job, and an invitation to step outside for being je*koffs in the meantime.
    I got the ginny thing, i just dont know what a "mick" is. And have yet to hear a AA say either in a normal conversation. And definetely not "ginzo" lol.

But i definetely DO believe that a black firefighter in nyc will recieve comments from other blacks similar to the one you mentioned. I have only seen 2 black FF my entire life (in nyc). Truth be told, not many blacks grow up wanting to be firefighters. Blacks will usually go for military, police or corrections, hence why the military and other departments are filled with them/us. For those reasons alone its weird to see a black FF in nyc, not becuz the FDNY didnt want them or becuz they were too stupid for the FDNY; thats the vulcans and Garaffus ruling.

Since beginning this process, i have recieved various comments from friends and family as to how much they are surprised that im going for FF. I have even heard the "good to see some black people in the FDNY" thing as well. Im not saying that black people arent saying things like that, im just saying that i dont believe that they are using those specific words (ginny,mick,gizmo etc,). And i know plenty old black men who have a serious, deep rooted hatred for the white man. Like 11 of them in my family. They ALL used the term "white boys" and/or "them people" when referring to whites in the FDNY or anywhere else for that matter. Definetely not ginny,mick or ginzo. (lol...ginzo).

To quote my uncle when i told him i got called for FDNY "Boy u sure thats what u wanna do? What happened to the police thing. Dont go to the fire department. Them white boys dont want no ni**ers in there. Them boys gon try to kill you or somethin up in there" (referring to the black fdny electrician maintenance guy who found a noose around his locker a few years back. Wasnt even a firefighter lol)
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 02-16-2013 at 01:44 PM.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

I've been following this forum for the most part and I can imagine and understand all of you guys for being upset about this whole ph issue. With that said your example above maybe is not the right one to go by cause let's face it black ppl have been through the discrimination where they get passed on for someone other than black so to say "What if they told your mother or father that they had to fire them because they weren't the right color..." has been done so many time it's almost virtually impossible to count. Don't get me wrong two wrong the make a right so it doesn't mean it's right for it to happen to any race especially in this day and age. All we can do is fight it to make it better until there's no more fight in us but at the end of the day know there I a possibility that it might not go if way. When it comes down to it your not gonna have a choice but to work with a ph and your Conn rely on him/her in the job so all this back and forth on Thu forum I not gonna do s#!t so let the legal system deal with it.

It's actually a better forum when you give advice on what and how to get prepared for the academy
    You were not raised in a time of severe discrimination, there is no grounds for any of this EEO garbage. My great grandparents escaped the nazis which I think most would agree was way worse than anything your race has experienced and I don't feel any entitlement or the right to jump ahead of anybody.

Fortunately most will not have to worry about any of this because let's face it, most won't be able to make the cut anyway. They'll take the payout and quit. I am personally not concerned especially with the appeal going on hopefully the city will do the right thing and make them wait. And if they do manage to make it if they seriously think they will get the respect of a ten year guy on a job they are in for the shock. They'll be stuck doing the dirty work, the older guys will make sure of it as would I. Everyone has to earn their keep.
    Exam 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 9xx

Forum Member

I know many black firefighters who are ashamed of this whole thing. Don't expect any love from them either.
    Exam 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 9xx

Forum Member

Let's face it, racism and prejudice will always be around, but reinforcing it with this PH bull**** is not the answer. Public service systems such as police and fire departments should not have to fill established quotas to be viewed as "diverse". If i'm in need of help from PD or FD, I want the educated and well trained person who is able to help me, whether they be black, white, green, etc.
    Test 2000

Forum Member

I was talking to my friend from college on facebook. He has a business degree and then went to school to be a building engineer for 2 years. He told me the cities building engineer test was either canceled or thrown out because of not enough minorities. I am guessing this was also a disparate impact case.

So he is having trouble getting a job. Wish I knew more of the details about the test.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 02-16-2013 at 01:57 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

If the PHs do make it in, then i at least hope that i will have one or two in my house. That way, hopefully the guys otj will focus all their wrath on them instead of torturing me for 2 years. Im sure ill get mine, but its gotta be easier on us regular probies if there are like 2 or 3 PH's walking around the same station.

I can hear them now: "No no. Screw it. Let the "Priority" guy do it" lol.

For the first time in FDNY history there will be someone in the station house that even the probies can fu*k with.
    Blinkster likes this.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    Ok buddy!!! All I did was ask a question? And you guys are bashing me. Why would I give out information so you can do the same to them. The diffrent between you and I is that what the ph or you eat don't make me ****... So while you are worrying about what the next man is doing. I am doing what I have to do to get the job not sit on the Internet complaining about how it not fair ect... Some of you guys sound like little high school girls complaining. LIFE IS NOT FAIR BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT... EVERYONE of you guys and girls know if some one gave you the chance to go to the head of the line you will not pass it up... In by the way I scored a 104 so I don't have a care in the world. Have a great night wish all you guys and girls the best!!!
    You claim to be so smart but you can't even find the forum about the PH thats taking your jobs... Your IQ is in the top 2%, 3 year old children know how to use google!!!!
    =) where do I even start to respond to this? umm haha. Btw love it!!! Other people already touched on somethings that I wont restate. PHs only delayed my process. As I've stated to someone who I speak to regularly from the forum, I could not have been happy to have the extra 6 months. The PHs helped the timing, for me to be perfect. So Thank You

If ANYONE can find the forum the PHs post on and/or there test results. PLEASE post the links

And you never responded to my clear depiction of the large number theory. Which still clearly shows a discrepancy in the bell curve.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    Coldblooded, that E-Mail the Vulcans sent out, can you please foward that to me?
    I wish I still had it... Sry bro

Forum Member

I wish I still had it... Sry bro[/QUOTE]

Which one? The invitation?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    If the PHs do make it in, then i at least hope that i will have one or two in my house. That way, hopefully the guys otj will focus all their wrath on them instead of torturing me for 2 years. Im sure ill get mine, but its gotta be easier on us regular probies if there are like 2 or 3 PH's walking around the same station.

For the first time in FDNY history there will be someone in the station house that even the probies can fu*k with.
    You sound like you have a lot of passion for the job bro, I commend you for that and I caught the your 31 years old part, did you take previous FDNY exams?

MembersZone Subscriber

I got the ginny thing, i just dont know what a "mick" is. And have yet to hear a AA say either in a normal conversation. And definetely not "ginzo" lol.

But i definetely DO believe that a black firefighter in nyc will recieve comments from other blacks similar to the one you mentioned. I have only seen 2 black FF my entire life (in nyc). Truth be told, not many blacks grow up wanting to be firefighters. Blacks will usually go for military, police or corrections, hence why the military and other departments are filled with them/us. For those reasons alone its weird to see a black FF in nyc, not becuz the FDNY didnt want them or becuz they were too stupid for the FDNY; thats the vulcans and Garaffus ruling.

Since beginning this process, i have recieved various comments from friends and family as to how much they are surprised that im going for FF. I have even heard the "good to see some black people in the FDNY" thing as well. Im not saying that black people arent saying things like that, im just saying that i dont believe that they are using those specific words (ginny,mick,gizmo etc,). And i know plenty old black men who have a serious, deep rooted hatred for the white man. Like 11 of them in my family. They ALL used the term "white boys" and/or "them people" when referring to whites in the FDNY or anywhere else for that matter. Definetely not ginny,mick or ginzo. (lol...ginzo).

To quote my uncle when i told him i got called for FDNY "Boy u sure thats what u wanna do? What happened to the police thing. Dont go to the fire department. Them white boys dont want no ni**ers in there. Them boys gon try to kill you or somethin up in there" (referring to the black fdny electrician maintenance guy who found a noose around his locker a few years back. Wasnt even a firefighter lol)
    Why are you so worried about this? Seems to me you've got bigger things to focus on than whether or not a black person has ever used the term "ginzo".

Forum Member

PH's are hilariously easy to spot out.

Wednesday Group B for CPAT training, anyone?

MembersZone Subscriber

Wrong. All wrong. Your best bet by far is to put your head down, shut your mouth, keep the sink clean and GET INTO THE JOB. Don't worry about who messes with who. As a proby, it's absolutely not your place to even approach that line of thought. You will be expected to do what probies do, same as everyone else. And you will get your balls broken same as anyone else if you don't. It's not torture and it's not indentured servitude; it's you going through the same stuff ALL of us have gone through to earn your place. Don't think for a second you should get a break because a priority hire comes in with you.

And it's not a "station house"; we're not cops or vollies. It's a firehouse.
    ffbam24, FDsouthbxNY and Mtk123 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    You sound like you have a lot of passion for the job bro, I commend you for that and I caught the your 31 years old part, did you take previous FDNY exams?
    No, this is my first exam. Been in the military for the past 8 years. Loved it. I just love to help people. Thats pretty much it. The main thing that ****ed me off on 9/11 was that there wasnt a dam thing i could do about it. Sitting on the sidelines simply watching the city crumble...and all i could do was stand there with a pair of pliers in my hand (i was an electrician) and watch??

NOT AGAIN!!

On that day, there were a few individuals who did more than just stand there and watch. They got up, answered the call and saved lives; many at the expense of their own. From that day forward i promised myself that i would do all that i can to ensure that, should this happen again, that i will be among those who put humanity before themselves and are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice. Thats why i have a passion for the job. And thats why i put my electrical tools in the closet and joined the military. Its just great to have a career where your primary responsibility is helping other people, especially the ones you dont know.
    River6019 likes this.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    Wrong. All wrong. Your best bet by far is to put your head down, shut your mouth, keep the sink clean and GET INTO THE JOB. Don't worry about who messes with who. As a proby, it's absolutely not your place to even approach that line of thought. You will be expected to do what probies do, same as everyone else. And you will get your balls broken same as anyone else if you don't. It's not torture and it's not indentured servitude; it's you going through the same stuff ALL of us have gone through to earn your place. Don't think for a second you should get a break because a priority hire comes in with you.

And it's not a "station house"; we're not cops or vollies. It's a firehouse.
    Uh, i dont think my comment was actually meant to be taken seriously. Definetely not THAT seriously. lol you sound like my old squad NCO in Korea. "This isnt a bathroom!! Its a Latrine!!! Civilians use bathrooms!! Soldiers use Latrines!"

Trust and believe that i am ready, willing and hopefully able to go thru whatever it takes to earn my place among the bravest. There is no looking for an easy way out on this end.

But on a realistic note, the PH's have been, are and forever will have to deal with a little more heat than the rest. Like i said, even regular probies wont like them, and that fact will be reflected in the firehouse, on this forum, CPAT sessions and anywhere else the issue comes up. Its just an unavoidable fact. Even certain guys otj have already stated that the PHs will never be considered "brothers". And others are even hoping that that the instructors at the rock will go harder on the PHs.

Im looking forward to going thru hell and being treated like scum, but expecting that the PHs will be getting a little something extra down the road here and there doesnt seem too far fetched to me. Especially when i read comments from certain of those already otj. Around 2-3 weeks ago, the commissioner issued a statement warning against any retaliatory actions aimed at the PHs. Something caused him to issue that statement. So i cant be that off.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Thread Information