Like Tree11284Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Try what mocon said, don't go crazy chugging the stuff, but one glass of wine before bed should help, it also isn't bad for you. As others are saying tho EVERYONE has been through it, it may seem like it'll never get back to normal but trust me it will. Everyone copes differently, i used reading and working out, try to pick sonething positive. Also she fu#!ed up, you're about to be on the best job in the world, plenty of tail will be thrown at you lol. Good luck
    mocon337 likes this.

Forum Member

roadrunner09, I also used Yogi Bedtime tea it's called. It's easy to find in grocery stores. Two or three bags are usually what it takes to calm the nerves a bit.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    teufelhunden: thanks for the reply. I have been workin out hard, but I still wake up with my mind racing. I'll give that unisom stuff a try though.

mocon: I don't really love booze, and wine even less so. That also might be a bad habit to get into.
    promise yourself if you're wide awake at 330 in the morning, you're going for a run. You'll be surprised at how quickly you're sleeping through the night again lol.

But to be serious, forget about the medical exam, going straight to meds to cope with something isn't going to attack the real issue. Just let it run it's course, be patient and occupied with your training.

Forum Member

I think he's stressed about a breakup but that's good advice, a nice run would put me right to sleep lol

Forum Member

Thanks for the words, people. Nobody ever said life was easy. This wasn't just a year long thing with a girl. This is close to 7 yrs. And frankly, I can't believe I'm pouring my heart out to a bunch of strangers who will potentially be some of the biggest ball busters I know.
    River6019 and Dannypanigale like this.

Forum Member

roadrunner I've been there sleepless nights included and it sucks and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. A couple of other things that could help calm the nerves before bed are hibiscus tea and a spoonful of almond butter. Being in that situation before I doubt it helps because just about the only thing that helps heel is time. But that's what I did the night before the exam to help me get to sleep.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    roadrunner I've been there sleepless nights included and it sucks and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. A couple of other things that could help calm the nerves before bed are hibiscus tea and a spoonful of almond butter. Being in that situation before I doubt it helps because just about the only thing that helps heel is time. But that's what I did the night before the exam to help me get to sleep.
    Thanks. And man, forget the night before the exam. I literally slept for about an hour. Worst insomnia I've ever had. I honestly know for a fact that it led to losing at least one full point, possibly more. Coulda potentially been processing right now.

Forum Member

Thanks. And man, forget the night before the exam. I literally slept for about an hour. Worst insomnia I've ever had. I honestly know for a fact that it led to losing at least one full point, possibly more. Coulda potentially been processing right now.
    I spent the night before the exam clearing my mind by beating all 3 Double Dragon games on my old NES. I think I was seeing 8 bit karate kicks on the computer screen the whole next day haha. Sorry your having a rough time buddy, it'll get better. And look on the bright side 3:30am is about when you'll have to get up for the academy anyhow, so you're ahead of the game!
    vekdoggs75 and J0hnnyb0y like this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Thanks River. I know you're in the neighborhood, so if your girl/wife has any lonely friends....send em my info. I'm totally awesome and stuff.
    Mtk123 likes this.

Forum Member

Thanks River. I know you're in the neighborhood, so if your girl/wife has any lonely friends....send em my info. I'm totally awesome and stuff.
    Might just do that man, she has a ton of hot teacher friends who'd love to meet a future FF.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Sweet bro, thanks haha

Forum Member

Time works wonders..or you can go to a shooting range with her picture, whatever works better for you lol j/p.
    I had to take exam 2000 right after a break up, chicks can be heartless i felt like shaving her head and giving her a purple nurple with pliers,but time took those thoughts away and so did the thought of having a record.
    mocon337 likes this.

Forum Member

Any more medicals? As far as I see, it's just Zach and chad....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    Worry about being able to do the work not what you look like. As long as you can keep up and are within the very loose guidelines at medical, you're fine. There's guys on this job who look like butterballs who can take a flight of stairs in full gear before the meathead who spends all day in the gym gets off the rig.
    Yeah figured so much, thats why I asked I am carrying a lot of muscle and fat. I am sure the running with take care of both and my body will prioritize. Thanks.

On a side note I have been having serious cramping issues. Tried taurine and just bought some Potassium. I Had to hang out for 45 min and then had to drive home from the gym using my heel, because the calf and quad cramps were so bad I was gonna crash.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 04-12-2013 at 04:41 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KnocKnoc View Post
    Try melatonin before a prescription.
    Yeah discontinue the prescription and try melatonin a few hours before sleep. Maybe some magnesium Malate which will also help you go poop. Try Iherb to buy them cheap
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Random question for somebody possibly in the know. I've been having some trouble sleeping lately due to the end of a very long relationship (I guess the reason actually doesn't really matter). If I got prescribed ambien by a doc, could that be a problem down the road at the medical. For what it's worth, I don't plan on getting multiple refills. Just this one time.
    Just rub one out that always puts me to sleep
    vekdoggs75 and skeetz111 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Probably not, because I am as well.
    Thanks for the info MM. Hope everything is going well for you.
    List 2000
    No points
    Score: 99
    #4XXX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Are some of those guys wearing a lot of layers or are they not that lean? I ask out of curiosity and not judgment. I have about 20 pounds to lose myself so I am just curious and not being negative in anyway.
    There's a mix. Those sweats also aren't exactly flattering on anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    Speaking of department issued, is there anything the department makes you pay for in terms of uniforms or equipment? I hate to ask, but I want to make sure I have some money in my bank account for these types of things (if any) if I make it in. I know PD makes you buy your own uniforms and equipment, which sets guys back a couple grand.
    You will be issued everything required. If you wanted to have an extra set of something like gym shorts you'd have to buy those yourself, but that's it.

Forum Member

Is there a way to get to Randall's Island coming from the deegan without paying tolls? My brother in law who is OTJ told me that there is a way, but he couldn't remember. He said something about crossing a bridge, can't remember which one, but it wasn't a major one (willis, 2nd ave). Anyone have an idea....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Is there a way to get to Randall's Island coming from the deegan without paying tolls? My brother in law who is OTJ told me that there is a way, but he couldn't remember. He said something about crossing a bridge, can't remember which one, but it wasn't a major one (willis, 2nd ave). Anyone have an idea....
    How well can you swim?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    How well can you swim?
    I said you do cross a bridge just not a major one. I don't know, that's why I'm asking. LOL
    I know they moved the exit after the toll for the triboro, a few years ago it was before the toll.
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 04-12-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Forum Member

I was at a friends house earlier and we were watching this reality tv show with a swat team down in Miami. It had me thinking, have any of you guys come across a reality tv show with firefighters? I remember there being advertisements for a show based out of Compton, but I don't remember actually seeing the show.
    List #: 33XX

Forum Member

There was actually that film Denis Leary was involved in about the FD in Detroit that followed them around. Forgot what it was called but it was advertised on this site a lot and looked pretty cool.
    \http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...tfirefilm/burn
    Last edited by mocon337; 04-12-2013 at 10:21 PM.
    PTPer likes this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    There was actually that film Denis Leary was involved in about the FD in Detroit that followed them around. Forgot what it was called but it was advertised on this site a lot and looked pretty cool.
    \http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...tfirefilm/burn
    Burn? It was showing in motorist own NJ, wanted to go but wife was sick.. I heard its really good.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PTPer View Post
    I was at a friends house earlier and we were watching this reality tv show with a swat team down in Miami. It had me thinking, have any of you guys come across a reality tv show with firefighters? I remember there being advertisements for a show based out of Compton, but I don't remember actually seeing the show.
    Are you talking about Station 9? That is in Skid Row of LA.

Thread Information