Like Tree11242Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Sucks, I couldn't make it to CPAT training today. Please us know if any info was given out in regards to anything. Thanks....,

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PTPer View Post
    I was at a friends house earlier and we were watching this reality tv show with a swat team down in Miami. It had me thinking, have any of you guys come across a reality tv show with firefighters? I remember there being advertisements for a show based out of Compton, but I don't remember actually seeing the show.
    There was a show called "The Academy" that ran for a few seasons. It started off with the LA Sheriff's Office, but one of the season's they followed the recruits at the Orange County Fire Academy through their probie training. I couldn't tell you what channel it was on when it aired, but it's on Hulu for free if you want to watch.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Sucks, I couldn't make it to CPAT training today. Please us know if any info was given out in regards to anything. Thanks....,
    Nope, nothing we haven't been hearing....a lot of people re-doing the medical, a few guys mentioned they had to drop weight. Seems like every person on OC there is being told the same thing re: july, "not happening". One of the Lt.'s did tell us to start harassing our investigator for our medical dates.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info, I wouldn't harass the investigators, maybe call them to see what is going on, but don't harass. LOL
    Seems like Medical is gonna be the one that's going to be the holdup on all the lists. Seems like they are being very strict on HR, down to weight, which I can't blame them on, but it is holding things up.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Thanks for the info, I wouldn't harass the investigators, maybe call them to see what is going on, but don't harass. LOL
    Seems like Medical is gonna be the one that's going to be the holdup on all the lists. Seems like they are being very strict on HR, down to weight, which I can't blame them on, but it is holding things up.

Ya, harass was his word, not mine haha. In my experience, and what I'm hearing, harassing them won't do you any good. A couple of guys mentioned maybe we're getting psych notices before med because of all the people re-taking some part of the med holding dcas up from moving down on the list. Just speculation but it sounds plausible.

Forum Member

At this point, the investigator has more power than the LT. I would think, don't **** him off. LOL
    I would think a lot of people are gonna be taking the stair mill test again, 1 heartbeat over what they say it should be, and they ask you to do it again in a few weeks. So prepare yourself just in case, hope you don't have to go through that, very nerve racking.
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 04-13-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Forum Member

Has anyone gotten their residency or veterans points revoked? If so, can you explain how they went by doing that? Did they continue your investigation? If i understand correctly, if they revoke 5 or more points from you; if you got a 105 your new fixed score would be 100.5? Correct me if im wrong

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Has anyone gotten their residency or veterans points revoked? If so, can you explain how they went by doing that? Did they continue your investigation? If i understand correctly, if they revoke 5 or more points from you; if you got a 105 your new fixed score would be 100.5? Correct me if im wrong
    if you had a 105 and lost 5 points you would receive a new score of a 100 but your new list number would have a .5 at the end of it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    It was that before guys who should shut the f*ck up and listen opened their mouths out of turn thinking they're some sort of moderator. What gets discussed on here and how isn't regulated by you. You can continue this streak of happiness on our little forum by remembering your place and staying in it.
    Dude just take it easy, give ur advice and answer the questions that you're asked. Thats all we need you for at the moment. We dont need wannabe drill instructors, people with god complexes or disturbed individuals with a psychologically imbalanced history trying to compromise the forum and discourage certain candidates simply becuz they say something that bothers you, something u dont like or something that u disagree with.

Me and some younger buddies of mine who are also looking into the job have talked with CPAT instructors, FDNY investigators, lieutenants at headquarters and the guys at our local firehouse on a damn near daily basis and not once have we seen or heard any member of the department conduct themselves the way you do here on this forum. The reason why im barely on this forum and why it therefore took me 3 days to respond to ur childish instigation is becuz im actually out there talking to REAL people (i.e for all i know, you may not even be a firefighter). All have maintained a steady level of professonalism in their dealings with candidates and the public at large. Of course the guys at the house all know that once we turn probie, that our life will be hell and that they themselves will be doing most of the serving. But they also have sense enough to understand that right now...we are NOT probies; we are candidates. And that therefore as candidates, all we need at the moment is their professional advice on how to prepare for the job; AND THATS IT. They dont make a fool out of themselves by trying to put on a seniority tough guy show in order to give us some sort of irrellevant example of how a probie will be treated. Why? Because they undeestand that thats not what we are there for.

Can you imagine how ridiculous it would look if the people at CPAT, our mentors or our investgators downtown put on a show like Teufelhunden?? It would be hysterical. Even though you ARE correctly displaying the hardcore and relentless mentorship that will be presented to those of us who are lucky to make it, understand that you have NO seniority over any candidate on this forum, until the day they are sworn in. Therefore, anytime u cause a disturbance by trying to manipuate the atmosphere of this forum, any one of us candiates are authorized to call you out on it. If u dont like it...tough sh*t. Simply shut down ur laptop and save ur big boss man attitude for the firehouse. U can kick our asses all u want once we get there.

P.S: I know your childish attitude well enough to know that only YOU would be the one to respond to my previous "happy" pist. I knew you couldnt let that go

Forum Member

Sorry for the long stupid post guys. Its just this "T" guy sometimes...anyway, wont do it again. No more writing books.
    marc3071 likes this.

Forum Member

So you are Mr Moral and Mature now but a few weeks ago you were throwing the racism accusation around.

teufelhunden36 had been more than reasonable with everyone else.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Dude just take it easy, give ur advice and answer the questions that you're asked. Thats all we need you for at the moment. We dont need wannabe drill instructors, people with god complexes or disturbed individuals with a psychologically imbalanced history trying to compromise the forum and discourage certain candidates simply becuz they say something that bothers you, something u dont like or something that u disagree with.

Me and some younger buddies of mine who are also looking into the job have talked with CPAT instructors, FDNY investigators, lieutenants at headquarters and the guys at our local firehouse on a damn near daily basis and not once have we seen or heard any member of the department conduct themselves the way you do here on this forum. The reason why im barely on this forum and why it therefore took me 3 days to respond to ur childish instigation is becuz im actually out there talking to REAL people (i.e for all i know, you may not even be a firefighter). All have maintained a steady level of professonalism in their dealings with candidates and the public at large. Of course the guys at the house all know that once we turn probie, that our life will be hell and that they themselves will be doing most of the serving. But they also have sense enough to understand that right now...we are NOT probies; we are candidates. And that therefore as candidates, all we need at the moment is their professional advice on how to prepare for the job; AND THATS IT. They dont make a fool out of themselves by trying to put on a seniority tough guy show in order to give us some sort of irrellevant example of how a probie will be treated. Why? Because they undeestand that thats not what we are there for.

Can you imagine how ridiculous it would look if the people at CPAT, our mentors or our investgators downtown put on a show like Teufelhunden?? It would be hysterical. Even though you ARE correctly displaying the hardcore and relentless mentorship that will be presented to those of us who are lucky to make it, understand that you have NO seniority over any candidate on this forum, until the day they are sworn in. Therefore, anytime u cause a disturbance by trying to manipuate the atmosphere of this forum, any one of us candiates are authorized to call you out on it. If u dont like it...tough sh*t. Simply shut down ur laptop and save ur big boss man attitude for the firehouse. U can kick our asses all u want once we get there.

P.S: I know your childish attitude well enough to know that only YOU would be the one to respond to my previous "happy" pist. I knew you couldnt let that go
    You're goddam right I'm not gonna let it go. I'm not your mentor; I'm not making overtime coddling assh*les like you. I'm here, on my own time, to tell it like it is. The guys on here who ask questions get nothing but answers from me. Jerk*ffs like you get treated like the little assh*le you show yourself to be. You don't call the shots here; I got something to say I'm saying it. I've earned that right at the Rock and on the firefloor. You haven't dealt with any heat worse than a fart. Too fuc*ing bad about you if you don't like it.

You are a candidate; the guy who mops the floors at the Rock is senior to you. If you honestly think you're allowed to act and talk any way you want, I can only say it's a damn shame I'll never get to watch you cowering in a corner at your firehouse getting whaled on with water and flour. But know that from now on I'll be watching for every post you make solely to reinforce what a piece of sh*t you are.

For everyone else, I'm here to help. I had my own questions, concerns and background issues just the same as the THOUSANDS of guys who have gone before me. If you have a question, I'm happy to answer it. If you're like this piece of sh*t spiderneck clown, who stands virtually no chance of ever becoming a fireman, I'm gonna make sure you know what I think of you. You decide who you want to listen to.
    ffbam24 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    or disturbed individuals with a psychologically imbalanced history
    As far as this little shot you took, I would be more than happy to provide your name and address to the dozens of guys on the job who have undergone treatment for PTSD following combat service in Iraq and Afghanistan. And after that you can talk to the hundreds of guys who were treated for it after 9/11. Perhaps you'd like to tell them in person how they are "disturbed individuals with a psychologically imbalanced history" and not to be listened to? Since you know so much about the job and think have the right to tell guys on the job what's what, PM your personal info and I can make it so you can do just that. Interested?

Forum Member

Honestly, could both of you just shut up now. I'm sick of hearing either one of you. Why is it so hard to just stick to the point of this thread?

If you were both as good as men as you say you are one of you would've been the bigger man already and just take the higher ground here and not responded to the other. Enough is enough already.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Honestly, could both of you just shut up now. I'm sick of hearing either one of you. Why is it so hard to just stick to the point of this thread?

If you were both as good as men as you say you are one of you would've been the bigger man already and just take the higher ground here and not responded to the other. Enough is enough already.
    You don't seem to get it. YOU shut up. You've got no business telling anyone what they can and can't do or dictating where this thread goes. I'm giving to you the same way you'll get it at your firehouse. Be respectful and know your place and you'll have no problems; talk out of turn, like you're doing now, and you'll catch an earful.

I told him and now I'm telling you; If I got something to say, I'll say it. Shut the fu*k up and deal with it.
    ffbam24 likes this.

Forum Member

Default fd

How is the overtime going to be in 2 to 3 years after they do a bulk of the hiring from this list?

Is there normally a lot of OT or do most rely on side gigs?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    How is the overtime going to be in 2 to 3 years after they do a bulk of the hiring from this list?

OT, no OT, I just want in!

MembersZone Subscriber

I wouldn't worry about this yet. OT comes and goes, but if you can pick up a trade while waiting to get on you'll find guys all over who do side work that can use a hand. Again, don't worry about any of that. Get hired first.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    I wouldn't worry about this yet. OT comes and goes, but if you can pick up a trade while waiting to get on you'll find guys all over who do side work that can use a hand. Again, don't worry about any of that. Get hired first.
    I know I dont have to worry about that stuff but I just like to get as much information as possible. I know my friend said he did approx 700 hours of OT last year. I dont think thats a normal year because there'ss a lot of OT due to Sandy and the fact that they haven't hired in 4.5 years

Forum Member

This is a matter not for public forum.

MembersZone Subscriber

I know I dont have to worry about that stuff but I just like to get as much information as possible. I know my friend said he did approx 700 hours of OT last year. I dont think thats a normal year because there'ss a lot of OT due to Sandy and the fact that they haven't hired in 4.5 years
    Like I said, don't worry about it. We got enough problems with how things get done being in the papers. This kind of stuff needs to stay in the firehouse. And either way, you aren't anywhere near the point where these kind of things make a difference to you. All you should be worrying about is fitness and attitude. Stick to info that pertains to that.
    ffbam24 likes this.

Forum Member

Fdsouthbx..pm box is full

Forum Member

Just curious. How many guys retire in a given year, or recently rather? Like is the projected ratio for hiring making up for or overshooting the number of guys leaving every year?
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Just curious. How many guys retire in a given year, or recently rather? Like is the projected ratio for hiring making up for or overshooting the number of guys leaving every year?
    That's one of those things that fluctuates. Look, worrying about this kind of stuff will make you crazy. All of us have had the anxiety of waiting to hear when we'll get on; best I can tell you is focus on your life as it is right now. Keep up on what's going on, but don't hang on the every little piece of the hiring equation. I'll tell you the way one of my senior guys told me when he caught me glued to a scanner listening to a fire on the other side of the city: "relax, they'll call us if they need us". Just that simple.

Forum Member

Yea drive myself crazy enough haha. Theoretically being in hiring range but realistically anything being possible.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Thread Information