Like Tree9527Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I don't think anyone is claiming they should get preferential treatment because of the color of their skin. I believe the whole reason this was brought back up was someone stated that if the Emerald Society or another equivalent held semi-private study sessions and then on top of it told a group that those who weren't directly contacted "weren't welcome" there would be hell to pay.

Forum Member

It doesnt matter desire, i was just giving my opinion. Im an openminded guy, if theres an issue i like to look at it from all angles not just the one that benefits me. personally all i want is the damn job.
    anyway im going to hit the steps with my vest. im only going to use 50# for now. you guys be good.

Forum Member

Guys, Lets keep the forum on point. We have a TON of stuff to focus on right now and should not be going back and forth with opinions on racial discrimination in the 21st century. There are plenty of websites and forums dedicated to those issues, keep it there.

Lets maintain this forum as a useful tool that unites us in our common goal.

MembersZone Subscriber

I was reading on another forum that some people are being turned away from the Vulcan tutorials. Not sure whether its true or not, but anybody here seen or heard anything along those lines? I'm planning on going to the Queens session tomorrow night.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MFES View Post
    I was reading on another forum that some people are being turned away from the Vulcan tutorials. Not sure whether its true or not, but anybody here seen or heard anything along those lines? I'm planning on going to the Queens session tomorrow night.
    I hope not because myself and a few other guys from here are going to the Queens one tomorrow.

Forum Member

Just got back from TRYING to go to the Queens Vulcans class tonight. I say trying because they were not letting white people in. At first we were told we had to be on the list to get in, if not, to stand to the side, and after all the people who were on the list got in, if there were left over hand out's, they would let us in. Then after the Lt who was "keeping charge" got off the phone with he claims Paul Mannix and Paul Washington, he says no matter what, if you are not on their list (if you did not sign up before hand, and get an email confirming) you are not getting in. No matter how many extra hand outs they had left over. Then he said we should leave because no one else was getting in. This was like 6:55PM. From then until about 7:30PM the Lt continued to let black people in, if they were on the list. Only at around 7:45PM when school security called the police, and school security made the Lt draw a cut off point of who was not going to be allowed in depending where you were standing (and no longer if you were black or white) did they stop letting people in. At that point we asked how you can get on this list, and the Lt tried to be cute, telling us to go to the FDNY web page. When he was called on that he said he didn't know how we could get on the list, and he left for the auditorium to I assume join the prep class.

I know a few guys were lucky enough to attend one of the first few preps, I'd like to ask again for a copy of the hand out you got. I am more than willing to pay for the cost of copies, postage, and your inconvenience. If you could help me out please PM me. Thanks.
    Last edited by HopefulFF; 02-29-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Just got back from TRYING to go to the Queens Vulcans class tonight. I say trying because they were not letting white people in. At first we were told we had to be on the list to get in, if not, to stand to the side, and after all the people who were on the list got in, if there were left over hand out's, they would let us in. Then after the Lt who was "keeping charge" got off the phone with he claims Paul Mannix and Paul Washington, he says no matter what, if you are not on their list (if you did not sign up before hand, and get an email confirming) you are not getting in. No matter how many extra hand outs they had left over. Then he said we should leave because no one else was getting in. This was like 6:55PM. From then until about 7:30PM the Lt continued to let black people in, if they were on the list. Only at around 7:45PM when school security called the police, and school security made the Lt draw a cut off point of who was not going to be allowed in depending where you were standing (and no longer if you were black or white) did they stop letting people in. At that point we asked how you can get on this list, and the Lt tried to be cute, telling us to go to the FDNY web page. When he was called on that he said he didn't know how we could get on the list, and he left for the auditorium to I assume join the prep class.

I know a few guys were lucky enough to attend one of the first few preps, I'd like to ask again for a copy of the hand out you got. I am more than willing to pay for the cost of copies, postage, and your inconvenience. If you could help me out please PM me. Thanks.
    The NY Post might be a rag of a paper but they are probably the only paper that would report this, did anyone try and speak to the media ?

MembersZone Subscriber

Awesome. Tomorrow is probably going to be the same way. Maybe one of the guys who has the handouts could upload them to a web page where everyone will have access to them?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MFES View Post
    Awesome. Tomorrow is probably going to be the same way. Maybe one of the guys who has the handouts could upload them to a web page where everyone will have access to them?

I would be able to put them on a computer in .pdf form and email them to all who need a copy, but, I myself don't have one so that poses a problem, lol.

A bunch of people tried calling FOX news, I am not sure what came of that. When the Lt left, and the police were coming, I decided to leave.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkjets75 View Post
    Guys, Lets keep the forum on point. We have a TON of stuff to focus on right now and should not be going back and forth with opinions on racial discrimination in the 21st century. There are plenty of websites and forums dedicated to those issues, keep it there.

Lets maintain this forum as a useful tool that unites us in our common goal.
    Agreed. I don't deny there might be a problem with the way things are going down right now, but instead of trying to fix racial inequality and reverse racism in America in the next two weeks, I'd really just like to be as prepared for the exam as possible.

If anyone has copies of the exam prep materials, please PM me - I'm happy to pay for the booklet, scan it (I have access to a book scanner) and email the PDF out to any interested parties.

Good luck everyone, and stay focused - the most important exam in your life is a matter of weeks away.

Forum Member

This will be interesting tomorrow I am going to M.S. 35 in Brooklyn at 1900hrs. All remember stay positive and use this to fuel your fire to get the best job in the world.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post

Honestly when Paul Washington said what he said at the Harlem session I figured he was just trying to intimidate non-blacks from going to the next session. Obviously they are intent on actually physically denying anyone who doesnt look like they want them to look from entry. Wake up flashinglights, this is the definition of racisim. You arent this color, you cant come in here. Does it literally get any simpler than that?

So no matter what I'll be there again for session B in Harlem next week. If they say "Did you get the email?" Yes, of couse I did. Why wouldnt I have sir? "Are you on the list?" I imagine so, I registered from the email link. "You arent on the list." Oh? You just checked a list that probably has THOUSANDS of names on it and know im not on it, while letting 50 people walk by me and not checking their names? Let me see the list.

I wish I had a better phone with a video camera but my recorder will have do to. If anyone goes in the future record what happens.

The Vulcans cry racism every time someone coughs. We can let them get away with the definition of the term.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Honestly when Paul Washington said what he said at the Harlem session I figured he was just trying to intimidate non-blacks from going to the next session. Obviously they are intent on actually physically denying anyone who doesnt look like they want them to look from entry. Wake up flashinglights, this is the definition of racisim. You arent this color, you cant come in here. Does it literally get any simpler than that?

So no matter what I'll be there again for session B in Harlem next week. If they say "Did you get the email?" Yes, of couse I did. Why wouldnt I have sir? "Are you on the list?" I imagine so, I registered from the email link. "You arent on the list." Oh? You just checked a list that probably has THOUSANDS of names on it and know im not on it, while letting 50 people walk by me and not checking their names? Let me see the list.

I wish I had a better phone with a video camera but my recorder will have do to. If anyone goes in the future record what happens.

The Vulcans cry racism every time someone coughs. We can let them get away with the definition of the term.
    The whole time the guy who was "checking the list" was only looking for "people A-G". He didn't say if that was your first name, or last and never asked about the second half of the alphabet. Also, not one single black person was denied entry when they spoke to him. So unless we are to believe every black person there was only there because they were on the list, he was letting black people who weren't on the list in.

A few other guys there were saying they heard the SI classes weren't cancelled, that's just what they were telling white people when they showed up.

Would you be able to put a copy of the test prep on the internet?

Forum Member

I signed up through their ad a number of days before any sessions started. So before anybody was denied or these shenanigans started obviously. I never received any email confirmation. So I can only conclude that this email confirmation talk is a complete fabrication.

Forum Member

Can somebody lend out a copy of the Vulcan prep manual? I will gladly go to staples and have them make copy's. Or get it to somebody who can put it in PDF form. Let's get this going ASAP pm me please thanks.

Forum Member

Seriously, this is all straight up bull****. What are the chances any action will be taken against the Vulcans and what are the chances the news even reports on this?

Forum Member

Somebody with a copy of the manual please do the right thing and put it on the internet and give everybody a fair chance. I was there tonight and could not believe what I was witnessing. Also I was one of the last guys to leave and when I was leaving I saw a guy that was with us giving NY1 an on camera interview, hopefully it'll be on t.v. and show the world what the hell is going on.
    Last edited by fdnysmoky; 02-29-2012 at 10:59 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    Can somebody lend out a copy of the Vulcan prep manual? I will gladly go to staples and have them make copy's. Or get it to somebody who can put it in PDF form. Let's get this going ASAP pm me please thanks.
    Or at a bare minimum, maybe someone who managed to attend one of the classes can give us a rundown of the main points (i know math was talked about, but other specific subjects covered, and especially any tips or suggestions they gave for the personality portion)? That would still be a big help.

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

I can't believe ny 1 was there. This is getting out of hand. Was only whites being rejected or were they rejecting other races as well?
    Last edited by Skavenger85; 02-29-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Forum Member

If we can't get anyone to upload the book maybe we can organize a study groups with those that do have the book.

For those that made it into the prep class can you go more in depth on the math portion of it. Like I know square roots but was it just figuring out square roots or was it addition and subtraction of square roots. Was it multiplication and division of square roots as well ? Fractions same situation. Any information would help greatly. Besides Math and the personality sections, what other topics were discussed ? For those of us going tomorrow if they don't let us in we all should contact as many media outlets in the area as possible at the same time. Force this to be a story if it comes to that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    If we can't get anyone to upload the book maybe we can organize a study groups with those that do have the book.

For those that made it into the prep class can you go more in depth on the math portion of it. Like I know square roots but was it just figuring out square roots or was it addition and subtraction of square roots. Was it multiplication and division of square roots as well ? Fractions same situation. Any information would help greatly. Besides Math and the personality sections, what other topics were discussed ? For those of us going tomorrow if they don't let us in we all should contact as many media outlets in the area as possible at the same time. Force this to be a story if it comes to that.
    Call the press in advance if your gonna go tommorrow this way they can catch them in the act. And to the previous poster, if you did not check off african american as your ethnicity on your application then you wont be allowed access, at least thats what happened in queens tonight.

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

It just aired on ny1 and the vulcans response is that they let everybody in three nights in a row and today they had to reject people that was not invited because they ran out of supplies. This is true because when I went they had mentioned that more people showed up than they expected. I figured that was the case today but wasn't sure. It's a lot of competition for this people are showing their interest in the job.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    It just aired on ny1 and the vulcans response is that they let everybody in three nights in a row and today they had to reject people that was not invited because they ran out of supplies. This is true because when I went they had mentioned that more people showed up than they expected. I figured that was the case today but wasn't sure. It's a lot of competition for this people are showing their interest in the job.
    lol .
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    So how come they just stopped white guys ? Shouldn't they have been stopping everyone and ensuring they were indeed on the list ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    So how come they just stopped white guys ? Shouldn't they have been stopping everyone and ensuring they were indeed on the list ?
    Excellent point, Tom. And another thing to note - they're charging $20 per person. That should be more than enough to make all the necessary copies.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Thread Information