Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 1019 FirstFirst ... 28353637383940414888138538 ... LastLast
Like Tree7734Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Deleted post
    Last edited by Skavenger85; 02-09-2012 at 10:30 PM.

Forum Member

I moved to Far Rock after last semester in school, called up DCAS as soon as I moved to update my info(which was well before they mailed out the test dates) but I still received a test site out of the city. I mean, I'm in no position to complain, if they want me to travel to Chicago to take the written then I'm there with a smile on my face.

Deleted post
    Last edited by Skavenger85; 02-09-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Deleted post
    Last edited by Skavenger85; 02-09-2012 at 10:31 PM.

Forum Member

Please don't respond to any of my posts. You give terrible advice. I have peace of mind in doing what I'm told and not creating a fuss. There are 61,000 people that have voiced interest in this job, how many thousands are going to call DCAS on the 25th to try to reschedule. You don't like the time and place, tough. I'm sick of this idea that the city has to adjust to fit the candidates needs.

I was taught one very valuable lesson in the Marines, keep your mouth shut and your eyes and ears open. Stop "offering" advice like what you tried to give me, because someone is actually going to take it, call DCAS to offer some bogus excuse and it will only perpetuate the cycle. Stop worrying about firehouse closures, worry about the test. Please do not respond to my posts, they're not helpful.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY2000 View Post
    Please don't respond to any of my posts. You give terrible advice. I have peace of mind in doing what I'm told and not creating a fuss. There are 61,000 people that have voiced interest in this job, how many thousands are going to call DCAS on the 25th to try to reschedule. You don't like the time and place, tough. I'm sick of this idea that the city has to adjust to fit the candidates needs.

I was taught one very valuable lesson in the Marines, keep your mouth shut and your eyes and ears open. Stop "offering" advice like what you tried to give me, because someone is actually going to take it, call DCAS to offer some bogus excuse and it will only perpetuate the cycle. Stop worrying about firehouse closures, worry about the test. Please do not respond to my posts, they're not helpful.
    enough said thank you

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    Deleted post
    WOW.................NO COMMENT!
    Courage is not the absence of fear but the judgment that something else is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all. For now you are traveling the road between who you think you are and who you can be. -Meg Cabot

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RES2CUE718 View Post
    WOW.................NO COMMENT!
    Its a beautiful thing.

Ok enough got the point already a.s.sholes

Forum Member

Default Budget 411

Im not surprised at the budget situation at ALL! This is the norm for the doomberg. Its always the same gimmic with this guy. "We have to make tough decision in order to preserve the future of this country. I know this is hard for some businesses, but this is a sacrifice for the greater good". How easy to say this.........I WONDER.......how the outcome would of been if he was in our shoes. OH!.......thats right!....you represent the 1% out of 99%. We will all miss you when your term is up!.....
    Courage is not the absence of fear but the judgment that something else is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all. For now you are traveling the road between who you think you are and who you can be. -Meg Cabot

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    Ok enough got the point already a.s.sholes
    Go cry to your vulcans. You'll find no sympathy here.

Forum Member

you should check out harbor light pub on newport ave in far rock. are you a philly native or did they randomly assighn you that. either way you have cliff lee i dont feel bad for you.....just kidding man... smart moving to ny so you could get those vet points you undoubtledy earned in the usmc
    Last edited by myles8683; 02-10-2012 at 08:02 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    smart moving to ny so you could get those vet points you undoubtledy earned in the usmc
    I know its been discussed before but I can't seem to get a right answer.

I thought to get the vet points you need to be a NY resident at the time of appointment. Which would mean it doesn't matter where you currently live.

Irish6019, maybe you can clear it up.

MembersZone Subscriber

Duplicate deleted
    Last edited by zachryw2001; 02-10-2012 at 08:50 AM.

Forum Member

I was born and raised in New Jersey, I moved to PA when I got of the Corps for school, I had to take advantage of the Post 9/11 GI Bill. I completed my degree in accounting in December and moved to NY in January. I can't claim city residency but I can claim 10 points for disabled veteran status. Gotta love the VA, they give out 10% service connected like it's candy. My gain though, the city ups your points from 5 to 10 if your at least 10% disabled. Oh, I'm a Mets fan bro, Ph*ck the Phils! Haha.

Forum Member

I called Mrs. Ammons at DCAS, she is the veterans liasion. After a very lengthy talk, she explained the veteran status question and even broke it down for me Marine Corps style.

You must claim New York residency at the time of appointment to receive the additional veterans points. But, you have to have New York residency at the time of appointment anyhow to take the job. So you are correct, the following link clears up a lot of the questions. If you still have questions and you are a veteran, contact Mrs. Ammons at (212) 669-7280.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa...cumstances.pdf

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY2000 View Post
    I called Mrs. Ammons at DCAS, she is the veterans liasion. After a very lengthy talk, she explained the veteran status question and even broke it down for me Marine Corps style.

You must claim New York residency at the time of appointment to receive the additional veterans points. But, you have to have New York residency at the time of appointment anyhow to take the job. So you are correct, the following link clears up a lot of the questions. If you still have questions and you are a veteran, contact Mrs. Ammons at (212) 669-7280.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa...cumstances.pdf
    Thanks much help

Forum Member

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=MtO-DY7MpZQ

OK! So for anybody looking to get into shape, this would be a great start. Not only is this creative, but it is cheap! I personally am going to try something similar, plus who doesnt like working outdoors?!

Forum Member

Where are the Marines? If there are any Marines on here that live in the metro area, how would guys feel about meeting up once a month and doing some PT? I'm thinking something similar to when we were in the DEP program. I was thinking maybe Prospect Park since it's kind of a central location. Hell, maybe run the park trails on Randall's Island. Let me know, Semper Fi!

Forum Member

If I was a marine, or lived anywhere near nyc...I'd take you up on your offer. I need to start surrounding myself with positive, motivated people.

Thread Information