Like Tree11242Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    This is another reason why I want to proceed and get my Master’s degree. It would be my backup/2nd option, just in case the city pulls a fast one. If offered the job, I am thinking about deferring until January. By that time, I will have my degree and would have another option of being hired as a teacher.

Anyway, I thought the second circuit appeal was based on not having a monitor oversee the hiring process in the future.
    In case the "city pulls a fast one"? Would that be anything like a guy who got a, oh, I don't know, 85 on the ridiculously simple entrance exam backdooring his way onto the job via lawsuit? That kind of fast one?

By all means...defer. Permanently.

MembersZone Subscriber

You cannot hold the rails at all during both sessions. You can backhand the rail for balance or stability but you cannot grasp the rail.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    You just said you didn't need anyone to tell you how it is in a firehouse because you already know. Look, little fella, I tire of arguing with you. Nomatter what, YOU'RE WRONG. Just shut up and go with the program. I promise you if you even make it as far as the Rock you'll look back on this and see where I'm coming from.
    What I said was I am familiar with the firehouse culture and mindset aka yours. I grew up in a firefighter family with many relatives on the job. I never said I knew anything about firefighting or everything about how fire or a firehouse runs and I wouldn't because I'm not otj yet.

Pretty much all I was asking was if you could stop arguing with the PH people so that we could focus on the important things here. It's a senseless argument. I'm pretty sure I'm not wrong about that.

This isn't a p.i.s.s.ing contest here, it can just be frustrating to sift through all the silly arguments of things we can do nothing about. Which unfortunately I have let myself become a part of for no reason so that's it for me on this.
    Last edited by FdnyFFHopeful; 04-15-2013 at 07:18 PM.

Forum Member

Apparently ****-ING is a curse word on here haha

Forum Member

Prayers to Boston.
    coldblood92 and dem7191 like this.

Forum Member

Very good. You two and the other moron can go ahead and start your own forum for fireman wannabes who think they know it all already. Since you don't need anyone to tell you what goes on in the FDNY, you very obviously don't need to be on this site. You won't be missed.

Understand this: I WILL take a sh*t on you every chance I get from now on. I don't care how you feel about it. Your best bet would be to let this go as is.
    Did you just say you wanna take a dump on me?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    What I said was I am familiar with the firehouse culture and mindset aka yours. I grew up in a firefighter family with many relatives on the job. I never said I knew anything about firefighting or everything about how fire or a firehouse runs and I wouldn't because I'm not otj yet.

Pretty much all I was asking was if you could stop arguing with the PH people so that we could focus on the important things here. It's a senseless argument. I'm pretty sure I'm not wrong about that.

This isn't a p.i.s.s.ing contest here, it can just be frustrating to sift through all the silly arguments of things we can do nothing about. Which unfortunately I have let myself become a part of for no reason so that's it for me on this.
    Don't ask for anything; you haven't earned the right to yet. You're wrong even if you're right (which you're not). You don't get to dictate what gets said and to who. Just go with the flow and you'll get along fine.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdnyffhopeful View Post
    apparently ****-ing is a curse word on here haha
    poop-ing????
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by frankp88 View Post
    Did you just say you wanna take a dump on me?
    Bro, go be a child somewhere else. The adults are trying to talk here. What I'd like to do is make sure clowns like you stay off my job, but I obviously can't do that online. Laugh it up here while you can; if you actually make it to a firehouse think of me every time you take a bucket, scrub 15 food encrusted pots and sweep the same spot on the floor while everyone else has coffee. Know that I'll be laughing at you even though I'll never know who you are.

Since there's no hope of you becoming a fireman like spiderneck or hopeful, I no longer care to try and straighten you out. So this'll be my last word to you. You may go now.

Forum Member

OK so I'm looking for some advice.

I had been scheduled to take the psych exam on april 20. I already finished with my investigator. But I still haven't been given my medical date, or CPAT date. So, it turns out that april 20 is a day that I am opening the store at work, so I can't take off. The only way I could take the psych would be to call out, so I decided to reschedule my psych test date (it is now going to be on may 18).

Do you think that I should try and reschedule it back to april 20, and just call out sick, and take the psych test? Do you think this will make my process go faster, and/or give me a better chance at getting into the july academy?

B/c I really want to get in for july, instead of waiting till january 2014.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Bro, go be a child somewhere else. The adults are trying to talk here. What I'd like to do is make sure clowns like you stay off my job, but I obviously can't do that online. Laugh it up here while you can; if you actually make it to a firehouse think of me every time you take a bucket, scrub 15 food encrusted pots and sweep the same spot on the floor while everyone else has coffee. Know that I'll be laughing at you even though I'll never know who you are.

Since there's no hope of you becoming a fireman like spiderneck or hopeful, I no longer care to try and straighten you out. So this'll be my last word to you. You may go now.
    So my humor won't translate into the firehouse and your gonna be laughing at me while I scrub a pot with a smile on my face. I've read these outrageous statements for a while that you have been spewing. I already am rookie scum and I can't wait to be a probie bitch. So keep chuckling to yourself. You think scrubbing a pot and getting the **** end of the stick is gona break me ill eat a **** sandwich and ask for seconds.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post

I had been scheduled to take the psych exam on april 20. I already finished with my investigator. But I still haven't been given my medical date, or CPAT date. So, it turns out that april 20 is a day that I am opening the store at work, so I can't take off. The only way I could take the psych would be to call out, so I decided to reschedule my psych test date (it is now going to be on may 18).

Do you think that I should try and reschedule it back to april 20, and just call out sick, and take the psych test? Do you think this will make my process go faster, and/or give me a better chance at getting into the july academy?

You have a great list number; DO NOT reschedule anything else. If you're serious about taking this job, you need to forget about whatever store you're working at right now. You should absolutely call out sick to make sure you get to all these appointments on schedule. If you're on the fence about taking the job or not sure you want it, that's fine. Don't take the spot from someone who does for sure. I'm not busting your chops, but what are you thinking?

Forum Member

I was in the same boat as you a few weeks ago. I had to reschedule and received a letter about a week ago for May 18 aswell. I have a feeling this is the last of the psych dates for now. Just a feeling, I have no info for sure. I think we should be fine to take it may 18 and not loose any momentum.

Forum Member

I wouldn't reschedule anything else. I myself called out 2x already, plus I'm using up my vacation, and personal time. I hope, I get this job, or my families vacation is gonna be a short one. LOL
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

Hello guys. I just have a quick question about something regarding the medical. I have this issue where anytime I am in a medical setting, my heart rate jacks up and my bp shoots up. I can't explain it and I don't know how to fix it. I am very fit and my baseline numbers are just fine when anywhere else. Could they take this into account if your numbers read high on the vitals like that? Interestingly enough, I don't think my heart rate would be over the limit on the step mill, at least from how I've monitored it while practicing. I would gladly wear a 24 hr bp monitoring device if that's what it took to prove it to the docs. Is this unheard of? Sorry for the crazy question/scenario. Just something that greatly worries me...

Forum Member

You need to relax in that setting, if your HR is high in the vitals, they may not let you get on the stair mill. How much higher are we talking here?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    You need to relax in that setting, if your HR is high in the vitals, they may not let you get on the stair mill. How much higher are we talking here?
    I dunno man, it depends. The bp is what worries me more though. I honestly don't know why this happens and I need to fix it...
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Spoke to my investigator today, they said they are projecting at going upto ~425 List # for the July Class, so bad news for me being low 700s but It gives me time to be extra prepared , just sucks to miss out

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchBK View Post
    Spoke to my investigator today, they said they are projecting at going upto ~425 List # for the July Class, so bad news for me being low 700s but It gives me time to be extra prepared , just sucks to miss out
    Ah, I'm sorry man. You were cursed with an unlucky SSN haha. That's good news for me though considering this is VERY close to my number. I pray your investigator is correct.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchBK View Post
    That is excellent news if it turns out to be true! Recently I was told if you get scheduled for your medical that's a good indicator of where you may end up. It doesn't always work out the way they plan it, but they don't want to give you a medical in June, and then you end up getting pushed back to the January 2014 class. I'm sure that can end up happening to some of us, it's not an exact science, but they're trying to avoid that. The guy I was talking to isn't "in the know" in any way, just going off of 20+ years experience.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by getting ready View Post
    I dunno man, it depends. The bp is what worries me more though. I honestly don't know why this happens and I need to fix it...
    I'm the same way. My doc always needs to read my BP like 3-4 times for an accurate reading.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I'm the same way. My doc always needs to read my BP like 3-4 times for an accurate reading.
    I've lurked for a bit on here, so I know you took the previous test. How did this go over last time around?

Forum Member

Just had the pleasure to meet a top senior man. 37 years on the job......Jesus. He told me that he will have to get forced out because he loves this job so much and will not let it go, pretty inspiring IMO. For you guys going to the cpat prep at the rock and are happy with your timing just remember one thing (if they have the same format as in 08'), you get off the stairmill upstairs and your time is stopped till you walk down the stairs, that gives you time to rest and catch your breath a bit. Don't think because you had a time of 8:55 you are good to go on the real thing. You have a total of 3 secs to catch your breath on the real thing for them to just take off those extra 25 pounds for the first station. Adrenaline and nerves kick in and you get winded very quickly after so don't take it lightly.

Forum Member

You have a great list number; DO NOT reschedule anything else. If you're serious about taking this job, you need to forget about whatever store you're working at right now. You should absolutely call out sick to make sure you get to all these appointments on schedule. If you're on the fence about taking the job or not sure you want it, that's fine. Don't take the spot from someone who does for sure. I'm not busting your chops, but what are you thinking?
    Nah, you're right man. I reconsidered this, and actually went through the trouble of rescheduling it back to April 20 for my psych. Thankfully the lady at CID is awesome, and didn't mind changing it back.

I want this job too much, and if it means calling out one or two days, its gonna happen, I don't care.

I am physically, medically and psychologically fit to get through this hiring process, so I think doing everything as fast as possible is what I should do.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by getting ready View Post
    I've lurked for a bit on here, so I know you took the previous test. How did this go over last time around?
    I assume you mean the blood pressure? I was a little high when I got measured the first time prob due to nerves. By the time I met with the doctor I was alright. It's still a concern for me though because it happens too much for my liking when I get it read.

Thread Information