Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 384 of 1194 FirstFirst ... 284334374381382383384385386387394434484884 ... LastLast
Results 7,661 to 7,680 of 23862
Like Tree9335Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    You my friend are a mess. Trust me I have no interest in you considering me as a "brother". Could barely make 1.5 in 12 mins, talking about your fitness getting you through all this and that yet you still failed you medical first time around... Bashing me for being cocky yet look at your old posts. No wonder you bash other departments, are you resentful that PD gave you the boot?

Coming here picking on people because you OTJ, I showed all this to friends who been OTJ way longer than you and they just laughed and said "what a buff". Sorry sir I won't come here kissing your *** because you OTJ, but maybe you should show some more respect to people no matter what their personalities are, just because they might be working just as hard as you did when you weren't OTJ.
    Both of you gentlemen - I'd politely ask for the sake of everyone else on the forum that you move your disagreement elsewhere. I'm not commenting on the merits of either of your arguments, but it makes this forum feel more like a high school lunchroom than we all know it is. Let's try and stay focused and civil, no? Lots of important stuff coming up for a lot of us to talk about - investigations, cpat, training and conditioning issues, etc etc...
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

MembersZone Subscriber

You my friend are a mess. Trust me I have no interest in you considering me as a "brother". Could barely make 1.5 in 12 mins, talking about your fitness getting you through all this and that yet you still failed you medical first time around... Bashing me for being cocky yet look at your old posts. No wonder you bash other departments, are you resentful that PD gave you the boot?

Coming here picking on people because you OTJ, I showed all this to friends who been OTJ way longer than you and they just laughed and said "what a buff". Sorry sir I won't come here kissing your *** because you OTJ, but maybe you should show some more respect to people no matter what their personalities are, just because they might be working just as hard as you did when you weren't OTJ.
    I have no beef with you Jukez, but can we stop acting like a bunch of 3rd graders. Does it make you feel better digging up past posts just to try to bash someone. I know you don't care but me and a lot of other people on here really want to here from the guys OTJ, whether you agree with their posts or not. We are all trying to land the greatest job in the world, so lets not bash anyone on here whether the OTJ guys, promos, PHs, or OC guys/gals.

P.S. I was brought up with "IF YOU DON'T HAVE SOMETHING NICE TO SAY DON'T SAY NOTHING"

So can everyone please stop arguing.

Thanks
    nycthirteen and HopefulFF like this.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    Ha! We'll see HopefulFF. I'm going to be 30 when we run! Yikes! I have been distance runner for about 10 years now and they say that you hit your best years for running in your 30's but something tells me there will be some 21 year old kid dusting me lol. Just got back in from a quick 5 miler with those straight west winds coming across the beach.....I love running but man that sucked. Gimme' the heat any day of the week. I know i'll prob be eating those words this summer but for right now thats all I can think of. I'll be in Puerto Rico for almost 3 weeks in March getting some hot runs in everyday. Can't wait!

And yes it sucked just missing this class. The past month was pretty depressing. What are you gonna do though? (shruggs.....) I'm over it now. I have to be. Its not healthy dwelling on that. The hardest part was losing all my partners. They are some of my best friends so work is a little strange but who cares. I'm in the summer class. That is what matters now. There are a whole lot of guys who would love to be in my current situation and I can't take it for granted. I worked hard enough the past 5 and 1/2 years to afford me the opportunity of being a part of the summer class before a lot of guys who scored higher than me. Moaning and bitching about not making the first class kind of throws all that out the window. 6 extra months in EMS for the best job the rest of my life.......Focus.......
    I'm kinda bummed out I'm going on vacation. Weightrooms in Italy are a joke and I've been progressing so well lately haha. But I hear you dude. The cold does suck. I ran over the Wburg Bridge yesterday and the wind feels like it's going to rip your face off haha. Do you have any set regiment for when you're away? I could use some help. I'm gonna have to stick to calisthenics I'm guessing. Also being only 21, should I be lucky enough to get to the academy, I'm worried about the older guys who are either military, still ****ed about 6019, or both, running circles around me like I'm a little kid haha.
    Last edited by mocon337; 02-18-2013 at 10:27 AM.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    If I'm fortunate enough to pass everything else & my # gets called for July I'll be 29, so I'm right there with you. Some of these younger guys may have age on us, but you learn a lot about yourself and life between the ages of 21 and 29, that is where we have an advantage. At least that's what I tell myself lol.

keep running in P.R. Enjoy yourself, but not too much.
    Haha - the good ol' days of youth. Well I'll say this much - I ran my fastest marathon (of the five I've run) last year when I was 32. In my experience in life I find that age has its benefits (maturity, perspective, experience itself) that can be beneficial at the Rock and on the job, and youth has its benefits (body recoups quicker, being able to go balls to the wall on no sleep day-after-day) so it'll probably all level out in the end.
    zachryw2001 and HopefulFF like this.
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    I have no beef with you Jukez, but can we stop acting like a bunch of 3rd graders. Does it make you feel better digging up past posts just to try to bash someone. I know you don't care but me and a lot of other people on here really want to here from the guys OTJ, whether you agree with their posts or not. We are all trying to land the greatest job in the world, so lets not bash anyone on here whether the OTJ guys, promos, PHs, or OC guys/gals.

P.S. I was brought up with "IF YOU DON'T HAVE SOMETHING NICE TO SAY DON'T SAY NOTHING"

So can everyone please stop arguing.

Thanks
    No worries, that was my last post towards that guy. There's other people on this forum who are OTJ way longer than him yet they don't talk to us the way this guy does. It is what it is.

Forum Member

This thread never dissapoints with all the good information that I get from here. I've learned a lot of good tips.

MembersZone Subscriber

No worries, that was my last post towards that guy. There's other people on this forum who are OTJ way longer than him yet they don't talk to us the way this guy does. It is what it is.
    Thank you. Now I'm off to the gym, everybody enjoy Presidents Day.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Manhattan Medic, or others at the Rock now - I'd be curious to hear about your experience so far at the Rock outside of the physical aspects. We all know we have to be prepared physically, but being able to run a fast few miles or carry a weight vest around won't make anyone a firefighter or even a peon proby. How have you found the actual technical training? What kinds of things have you been studying/practicing/etc?
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Finishing up my application for the investigator on Wed., I hate making mistakes. White out or cross off and initial?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    Manhattan Medic, or others at the Rock now - I'd be curious to hear about your experience so far at the Rock outside of the physical aspects. We all know we have to be prepared physically, but being able to run a fast few miles or carry a weight vest around won't make anyone a firefighter or even a peon proby. How have you found the actual technical training? What kinds of things have you been studying/practicing/etc?

Fwiw, I think the answer is going to be something along the lines of "wait and find out for yourself buddy..."

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Finishing up my application for the investigator on Wed., I hate making mistakes. White out or cross off and initial?
    It says to cross out and initial all mistakes. It says don't use White out or correction tape.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

Forum Member

It says to cross out and initial all mistakes. It says don't use White out or correction tape.
    Thanks, must've missed that. See, this is what the forum is for, not bickering.
    zachryw2001 and Mtk123 like this.

Forum Member

I made a copy of mine so if I mess anything up I can just redo it rather than questions coming up later about what I crossed out, etc.
    zachryw2001 likes this.
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    I made a copy of mine so if I mess anything up I can just redo it rather than questions coming up later about what I crossed out, etc.
    Good idea, I wrote mine in pencil, but realized after I rewrote in pen it was a mistake. Damn!

Forum Member

hey guys, on a different note, does anyone know about the fdny sports teams? like baseball, hockey, football etc? as a proby, can one tryout for the teams, or does one have to finish the proby period?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    hey guys, on a different note, does anyone know about the fdny sports teams? like baseball, hockey, football etc? as a proby, can one tryout for the teams, or does one have to finish the proby period?
    I think as a proby the last thing one should be thinking about is sports. If fortunate enough to get to that point our heads should be focused on absorbing as much info as possible from senior guys. It would be interesting to hear if it is possible though

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    Ha! We'll see HopefulFF. I'm going to be 30 when we run! Yikes! I have been distance runner for about 10 years now and they say that you hit your best years for running in your 30's but something tells me there will be some 21 year old kid dusting me lol. Just got back in from a quick 5 miler with those straight west winds coming across the beach.....I love running but man that sucked. Gimme' the heat any day of the week. I know i'll prob be eating those words this summer but for right now thats all I can think of. I'll be in Puerto Rico for almost 3 weeks in March getting some hot runs in everyday. Can't wait!

And yes it sucked just missing this class. The past month was pretty depressing. What are you gonna do though? (shruggs.....) I'm over it now. I have to be. Its not healthy dwelling on that. The hardest part was losing all my partners. They are some of my best friends so work is a little strange but who cares. I'm in the summer class. That is what matters now. There are a whole lot of guys who would love to be in my current situation and I can't take it for granted. I worked hard enough the past 5 and 1/2 years to afford me the opportunity of being a part of the summer class before a lot of guys who scored higher than me. Moaning and bitching about not making the first class kind of throws all that out the window. 6 extra months in EMS for the best job the rest of my life.......Focus.......
    Have fun in pr don't know where your going but checkout the northwest tip if you get a chance I lived in a town called aguadilla for 3 an a half years and still go there 4 or 5 times a winter and stay with friends on the coast guard base. Also the **** fighting season just started so soak up the culture

Forum Member

That got sensored the rooster fights cuz the other word gets automatically sensored lol
    mocon337 likes this.

Forum Member

Just did 6 mins on the stairs with 50 lbs, 5 mins with 40 lbs and 3mins20 seconds with 70 lbs with an assortment of workouts in between. Keepin my heart rate up. No breaks! I'm not gonna worry about running until it gets a little nicer out. Hows everyone's workouts going? Any good circuits? I find doing stairs, straight into pushups (with my vest on), walking 40 lb weights across the gym and back (to recreate the equipment carry) right to shoulder press then right to sit ups/leg raises works well for me. Then murder it all at the end with pull ups, dips and more pushups. By set number three I'm dying lol.

Forum Member

I freakin hate sit ups, I can do them, but just hate them.

Thread Information