Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 388 of 1018 FirstFirst ... 288338378385386387388389390391398438488888 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,760 of 20349
Like Tree7732Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Anyone have grundle chaffing while running? Serious question haha. Couldn't finish my run tonight it was misery.
    I have bigger thighs, so yes, I get crotch rot some times from thighs rubbing together on the distance runs.

A couple things:

1. Invest in spandex bike shorts..or if you wanna be really high speed get those Nike/under armour under boxer brief sweat wicking things.. Basically anything that covers the thighs down to your knees..

2. I used to use my wife's body butter from bath and body works.. After a shower.. Apply some and sleep commando, not necessarily naked but allow for some air flow.. Will work wonders..

3. Shower regularly.. Goes without saying.

4. If you chafe..lay off for a day or 2. The only thing worse then applying soap and hot water to a chafed area is applying soap and Hott water to a really chafed area.

Hope this helps.

Forum Member

I heard compression shorts are good for those. I guess they would have to be a really strong pair. I have chubb rubb.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Any body who knows where the squat rack is Chaffes on long runs.. It happens.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I heard compression shorts are good for those. I guess they would have to be a really strong pair. I have chubb rubb.
    Compression shorts do help !! They got a spray for that too!!! To help relief it

Forum Member

Just wearing boxer briefs does it for me.
    Exam 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 9xx

Forum Member

Compression shorts and baby powder worked wonders for me
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Tell me more about this race. Will I get lumped up and bruised? I want that. I need to feel some physical pain right now after finding out my ex long term girl is seeing someone new.

I need to taste blood.
    Sorry for the delay but since the torture that was 6019 I've kinda trained myself to not be glued to this forum. Plus all the infighting and mindless bickering has made it much easier to not be rushing to constantly be refreshing the page.

As for the race you will ,without a doubt, be lumped up and bruised and cut and muddied up but it will be some of the most fun you've had in your life. The sprints top out at about 4 miles and the super at about 9. There's also a beast which is 12+ miles but I just can't swing the cash to travel for that one. If you like to run and you've raced before this is great to change it up and give a new perspective on running. People are great, girls are beautiful and all in all it's a great time. Plus you get a free beer at the end of the race lol. Check out www.spartanrace.com for more info. If you decide to do any let me know. I'll gladly run with anyone especially someone in the same boat as me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkster View Post
    I live 2 blocks from the track. I been sticking to the gym to avoid the cold. Maybe we could go for a couple of runs once it warms up c
    Yea most definitely. I usually run from my place by Crosby Ave to around city island or orchard beach in the summer. I haven't done it in awhile because of an issue that has since been resolved but the beach runs are torture. Another plus to running the beach is the fact that I can wear the vest since the sand absorbs the majority of impact.

Anyway, I'm always down for a run. Like I said before I'm not breaking any records but I always prefer training with someone. Whenever you're ready just send me a pm and I'll send you my number to set it up.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Just registered for the April Spartan Sprint Race at Citi. Anyone else doing it? It'll probably be the first time I'm going to Citi Field excited about something since it opened -_-.
    I'll be there as well. Also my first visit to Citi Field.
    dawk34 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    I am signed up for this as well. Looking forward to it. If it is anything like Fenway it is going to be a blast.
    sffdnyhopeful09 and dawk34 like this.
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

Forum Member

Dress attire for the investigator intake? Hope I have all my ducks in order as far as the paperwork is concerned......
    EDIT: Forget it, put a nice suit on.......
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 02-20-2013 at 09:34 AM.
    zachryw2001 and nycthirteen like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Dress attire for the investigator intake? Hope I have all my ducks in order as far as the paperwork is concerned......
    EDIT: Forget it, put a nice suit on.......
    Curious to hear how it goes - let us know what additional paperwork they ask for, how many candidates are there, if you run into any issues… good luck!
    zachryw2001 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

citi field is over hyped stick to the bronx when it comes to baseball.

Forum Member

I will be doing the Spartan sprint at citi as well. Unfortunately being the Mets fan that I am, it will not be my first time there. haha

p.s.- Anyone from the bx doing some running outside?
    mocon337 likes this.
    Score: 104
    List: 2XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    citi field is over hyped stick to the bronx when it comes to baseball.
    I know all too well how overhyped it is. Hence why I've yet to waste my money going there. The opportunity to do an obstacle course race on a major league field(even though the team that plays on it isn't quite major league caliber) is one I couldn't pass up.

P.s. Before my little dig at the Mets turns into an all out verbal assault it was just a joke. Pm me all your gripes so they can be ignored accordingly.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dawk34 View Post
    I will be doing the Spartan sprint at citi as well. Unfortunately being the Mets fan that I am, it will not be my first time there. haha

p.s.- Anyone from the bx doing some running outside?
    Where in the Bronx do you run? I haven't been running for the last few weeks but I've been doing a lot of really high intensity cardio at home. Just giving the legs a break from the impact for a bit. I'll be running again soon though and like I've said before I'm always down to run with someone. Back on 6019 a few of us on here used to meet up at the rock to do the run together as we got closer to the possible class dates. I'm down to do that as well even though I prob won't get a call until after the summer.

Forum Member

I know all too well how overhyped it is. Hence why I've yet to waste my money going there. The opportunity to do an obstacle course race on a major league field(even though the team that plays on it isn't quite major league caliber) is one I couldn't pass up.

P.s. Before my little dig at the Mets turns into an all out verbal assault it was just a joke. Pm me all your gripes so they can be ignored accordingly.
    Lmat at your p.s
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.

Forum Member

Where in the Bronx do you run? I haven't been running for the last few weeks but I've been doing a lot of really high intensity cardio at home. Just giving the legs a break from the impact for a bit. I'll be running again soon though and like I've said before I'm always down to run with someone. Back on 6019 a few of us on here used to meet up at the rock to do the run together as we got closer to the possible class dates. I'm down to do that as well even though I prob won't get a call until after the summer.
    Normally I run at either Van Courtland or Pelham bay. When the weather gets better I would like to start running at Orchard beach so I could enjoy the scenery. lol Treadmills doesn't do it for me anymore.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dawk34 View Post
    Unfortunately being the Mets fan that I am
    I feel your pain. The Mets are the reason I drink lol.

And for the record gimme urine smelling, horrible food, outdated Shea any day of the week over that corporate playground, citifield.

I'm done with my rant lol.
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I feel your pain. The Mets are the reason I drink lol.

And for the record gimme urine smelling, horrible food, outdated Shea any day of the week over that corporate playground, citifield.

I'm done with my rant lol.
    lol I'm glad I'm not the only one who they have lead to liquor. I definitely do miss Shea.

Thread Information