Like Tree11352Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    That form is definitely written poorly because it says to have it signed if there are any conditions, and then it says that it is to be signed by the doctor giving the ok to do the test. It's almost like they forgot to put a section in there. Also it says that the conditions are listed on the reverse side but they are actually on the same side. I brought it to my doctor to have it signed regardless because I'd rather not show up to the test and then not be able to take it due to no doctor signature.
    I agree with you on this one. At this point its better to be safe than sorry. Im definitely getting it signed by my doc

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARMYVET211 View Post
    Ok so I kind of screwed up. My list # is 36## I'm not a resident so didn't get any points there but I am Medically retired from the Army. I had a few issues when I got home from the war but that's beside the point. I didn't claim disabled in fears that it would hurt my interview and background. So I got the 5 points for being a vet but I just found out its illegal for them to not hire on the fact I'm considered disabled by the Army as long as I pass everything else. So here's my ? is it to late to call or write and have them add the 5 extra points because that would push my score up to a 104 or am I SOL? Thanks in advance I appreciate the help.
    Listen, this is easier for me to say because I'm already on the job, but you're in hiring range, easily. You're gonna wait longer, but they're going to reach you. If you don't need those points now, you might want to save them for later. I believe you can use your points only once and if you have 5 points in the bank for a promotional test.....you're a huge step ahead, huge.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    I agree with you on this one. At this point its better to be safe than sorry. Im definitely getting it signed by my doc
    To be really safe, make sure you have your doc write up a note stating you are physically fit to take the CPAT. .

Forum Member

Can somebody explain the actual hiring. After all appointments are made and passed you wait to be offered a spot in a class or how does that work? And if that's the case, how long is it from the time they notify you of wanting to hire you until the first day of class?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffkschrum View Post
    Can somebody explain the actual hiring. After all appointments are made and passed you wait to be offered a spot in a class or how does that work? And if that's the case, how long is it from the time they notify you of wanting to hire you until the first day of class?
    I thought it was 2 weeks or so before probie school starts, they have candidates come in for their run.

Forum Member

A friend of mine told me that the priority hires could take the money and the job or just chose the money if they want too.. Is this true?

I don't know if this was answered before but I searched for it but couldn't find anything.

Almostthere, maybe you could shed some light on this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    A friend of mine told me that the priority hires could take the money and the job or just chose the money if they want too.. Is this true?

I don't know if this was answered before but I searched for it but couldn't find anything.

Almostthere, maybe you could shed some light on this.
    We have the option of accepting both. All that info was posted on previous pages while there was a lot of childish bickering going on. Does anyone have their CPAT this Saturday?

Forum Member

There have been a few new posts on the Merit Matter's site this last week. Read up guys and gals.

http://meritmattersusa.blogspot.com/
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    That really sucked. The feeling of passing each of those medicals, the run, and then not getting on is easily the most disappointing feeling of my life
    tell me about it. it still bothers me today as much as it did the day I found out that the class was cancelled!!
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcfd31 View Post
    tell me about it. it still bothers me today as much as it did the day I found out that the class was cancelled!!
    Yeah man, I guess that's why they said, (at least for the NYPD) "Don't bother giving 2 weeks notice to your current employer, because anything can happen and a class can get cancelled at the last minute." I'd really hate to do that to my employer of the last 7 years but I'm sure there's hundreds of people from the cancelled 6019 class that got screwed because of their 2 week notice.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Yeah man, I guess that's why they said, (at least for the NYPD) "Don't bother giving 2 weeks notice to your current employer, because anything can happen and a class can get cancelled at the last minute." I'd really hate to do that to my employer of the last 7 years but I'm sure there's hundreds of people from the cancelled 6019 class that got screwed because of their 2 week notice.
    I remember some of the guys saying not only did they leave their jobs but some moved to an apt close by the academy just while they were there and then moving to another apt. . That had to really suck. Gave up your job and then moved to a place that you really didn't want to be in.
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I keep going back and forth on the 2 weeks issue. I really would like to avoid up and leaving my current place with only 2-3 days notice for several reasons. I still have no idea what I'd do, definitely don't feel confident putting in any sort of notice for the July class obviously. MAYBE January '14.

Forum Member

What has to be signed by a dr at cpat? All I received was that dcas letter saying what to wear when it is and the location. It does not say anything about a physician signature on the " what to bring " section. Just that letter, 25 money order, combo lock etc.

I may have lost a piece I can never open those letters the rite way.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    We have the option of accepting both. All that info was posted on previous pages while there was a lot of childish bickering going on. Does anyone have their CPAT this Saturday?
    How is this for "childish bickering"?
    YOU DON'T DESERVE THE JOB!
    You failed the first time.
    Move on.
    You're taking on blood money from people who have worked hard to get where they are.
    And walking on the graves of those who have come on this job long before I even got here.

Forum Member

So I guess you are taking the job and the money? Do you feel you have earned it?

So you have to take the cpat saturday? How does that work for you guys? do you actually have to pass it, does a judge just grant you a passing grade, or do you just have to attempt to take it and then you get a job and a wad of cash after?

No but seriously, im sure the prioritys will be great guys to work with. Ive always wanted to work alongside a millionaire who feels like he doesnt have to pull his own weight.
    SouthBK84 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    How is this for "childish bickering"?
    YOU DON'T DESERVE THE JOB!
    You failed the first time.
    Move on.
    You're taking on blood money from people who have worked hard to get where they are.
    And walking on the graves of those who have come on this job long before I even got here.
    Come on now, there has been insults, threats, senseless back and forwards going on, which took away from the main purpose of this thread. I admit, I added on to the foolishness that was going on and I apologize. My current post was not meant to offend anyone, and If It did, I apologize. Once again, someone is taking what I say out of content.

Forum Member

In my honest opinion, no, I don’t deserve it. Okay, let’s keep the thread informative guys, unless you guys still have to let off some steam, than do what makes you feel good.

Forum Member

In my honest opinion, no, I don’t deserve it. Okay, let’s keep the thread informative guys, unless you guys still have to let off some steam, than do what makes you feel good.
    How stupid to admit that, even if you have thought it. I have already screen shot this page and posted ur comment via facebook. If/when he takes his post down, anyone who wants to share the screen shot over social media just contact me. I have already posted it myself

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    How stupid to admit that, even if you have thought-provoking it. I have already screen shot this page and posted ur comment via facebook. If/when he takes his post down, anyone who wants to share the screen shot over social media just contact me. I have already posted it myself
    Good for you. Yes, please sure via social media.

Forum Member

and for future reference you schmuck, anyone that is truly getting or going to get a "master's" knows that you get a master not a "master's"

Forum Member

Can someone answer my question about the medical form for the cpat please

Forum Member

And again, thread gets detailed......

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    And again, thread gets detailed......
    I meant derailed....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    Can someone answer my question about the medical form for the cpat please
    They sent out two different forms. One stating your cpat dates and the other which has to be signed. None stated anything about a 25 dollar money order

Forum Member

actually that comment and enough public pressure could make a difference. People generally need something to rally around

Thread Information