Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 1209 FirstFirst ... 293637383940414249891395391039 ... LastLast
Like Tree9405Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I'm down. I am working on getting back in USMC shape.

Forum Member

i hear ya on that. iam soaking up that e-5 with dependants BAH. post 9-11 gi bill is the best.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    I'm down. I am working on getting back in USMC shape.
    Maybe you and FDNY2000 should join us at Prospect park on monday. Were going to do some drills! similar to the CPAT, you guys are more then welcome to join. So far is only 3 of us going to prospect park. We are still trying to figure out what time to meet up, but if you guys want to come P.M. me. I have most of the tools we need. If theres anybody else who wants to join us in this drill, please feel free to P.M. me. This is free, all you have to do is show up, thats it!.......Ive got all the info on where to meet up, just hit me up. Stay positive and keep it clean!
    Courage is not the absence of fear but the judgment that something else is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all. For now you are traveling the road between who you think you are and who you can be. -Meg Cabot

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RES2CUE718 View Post
    Maybe you and FDNY2000 should join us at Prospect park on monday. Were going to do some drills! similar to the CPAT, you guys are more then welcome to join. So far is only 3 of us going to prospect park. We are still trying to figure out what time to meet up, but if you guys want to come P.M. me. I have most of the tools we need. If theres anybody else who wants to join us in this drill, please feel free to P.M. me. This is free, all you have to do is show up, thats it!.......Ive got all the info on where to meet up, just hit me up. Stay positive and keep it clean!
    I sent you a PM, when and where?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    I sent you a PM, when and where?
    I responded already, did you get my P.M? Check it!
    Courage is not the absence of fear but the judgment that something else is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all. For now you are traveling the road between who you think you are and who you can be. -Meg Cabot

Forum Member

..........ill send you another one, just incase you didnt recieve it. Check NOW!

Forum Member

Default The CPAT drill was GOOD!

THANK YOU GUYS FOR SHOWING UP TODAY, you know who you are. Incase anybody else want to join our next CPAT training day. It will be this Sunday coming up, most likely in the morning. I dont know the exact time yet, but ill let you guys and gals know, once I figure it out. Further more, The CPAT is a well rounded exam and everybody should try it. Its a lot of fun and it will test your endurance. Well, if anybody wants to join us in our next event P.M me. Ill give you all the details, keep it clean.

P.s I will try to get the vest for the next event. Lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RES2CUE718 View Post
    THANK YOU GUYS FOR SHOWING UP TODAY, you know who you are. Incase anybody else want to join our next CPAT training day. It will be this Sunday coming up, most likely in the morning. I dont know the exact time yet, but ill let you guys and gals know, once I figure it out. Further more, The CPAT is a well rounded exam and everybody should try it. Its a lot of fun and it will test your endurance. Well, if anybody wants to join us in our next event P.M me. Ill give you all the details, keep it clean.

P.s I will try to get the vest for the next event. Lol.
    I can't do this Sunday but if you guys ever do a third session I would try and show up.

The CPAT is a watered down, litigious proof test. Yes, you need to pass it and the most difficult part is the stairmaster portion.
    But you have to be really out of shape or trying to fail this thing.
    Keep at it though.
    Hang tough.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    The CPAT is a watered down, litigious proof test. Yes, you need to pass it and the most difficult part is the stairmaster portion.
    But you have to be really out of shape or trying to fail this thing.
    Keep at it though.
    Hang tough.
    what he said. cut your workouts down and study. your beach muscles wont get you on the job these days.

Forum Member

hey quick question.

for tax year 2010 i have a letter from my accountant saying i was unemployed and a full time student, for ty2010. also i have a letter from the registrar saying i was a full time student on the post 9-11 gi bill. last year i got my nys real estate liscence and i also recieved my 1099 for tax year 2011. but since its slaes not salary i dont get a w-2. will this be a problem? all the paper work was sent to my house in brooklyn?

On a seperate note. would you usmc guys mind a coast guard guy tagging along for the work out? i could probly keep up (its not like i was in the air force)
    Last edited by myles8683; 02-14-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    hey quick question.

for tax year 2010 i have a letter from my accountant saying i was unemployed and a full time student, for ty2010. also i have a letter from the registrar saying i was a full time student on the post 9-11 gi bill. last year i got my nys real estate liscence and i also recieved my 1099 for tax year 2011. but since its slaes not salary i dont get a w-2. will this be a problem? all the paper work was sent to my house in brooklyn?

On a seperate note. would you usmc guys mind a coast guard guy tagging along for the work out? i could probly keep up (its not like i was in the air force)
    When you're unemployed, you're allowed to work also, you just have to claim it when filling out your benefits paperwork. Shouldn't be a problem if you claimed when you worked at your real estate job

Forum Member

what benefits paperwork? i wasnt collecting unemployment. all i realy have for ty 2010 is those 2 letters

Forum Member

what benefits paperwork? i wasnt collecting unemployment. all i realy have for ty 2010 is those 2 letters
    Ok, I thought you were, I misunderstood your question...I'm not the one to ask...

Forum Member

apreciate you help anyhow... my main question is will a letter from my cpa and school registrar stating that i was unemployed full time student for ty2010 and a 1099 from ty2011 be suitable in place of w-2s?

i mean i also have checking account statements for the necessary time period as well as 2 notorized residential lease agreements with myself and my landlords signature on them.
    Last edited by myles8683; 02-14-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Forum Member

apreciate you help anyhow... my main question is will a letter from my cpa and school registrar stating that i was unemployed full time student for ty2010 and a 1099 from ty2011 be suitable in place of w-2s?
    Are you talking about residency? I am not sure if a full time student matters for your residency. While being a student you can still be a resident of a different state. A letter from a CPA? Why would that matter? I am a CPA, does that really carry any weight, I could write any of my friends anything.

A 1099 from NYS would probably work, but those things are questionable. Does it withhold NYS tax?
    You can work in any state and get a NY 1099.

But what are you talking about, NY residency credit?

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Read the notice of examination and if you are still concerned call 718-999-FDNY or 718-999-2000. No one here can really answer that.
    Last edited by Skavenger85; 02-14-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Candidates applying for New York City Residency Credit must provide any three of the following:
    • Mortgage in the candidate’s name valid during the 12-month period between July 1, 2010 and June 30, 2011
    • Cable bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Telephone bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Gas, electric or water utility bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Checking or savings account statements for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Credit card statements for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011 and
    • W-2 form(s) from the candidate’s employer for the 2010 and 2011 tax years.
    Candidates aged 21 or younger have the option of submitting three of the proofs listed above or, as an alternative, candidates who are 21 years of age or younger at the time of their application to take the exam may provide:
    (a) A diploma from a New York City Public High School; or
    (b) A transcript from a private high school in New York City showing a New York City address for the candidate; or
    (c) A GED certificate issued from a New York City institution during the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011 to a
    candidate who presents evidence that his last school enrollment was in a New York City Public High School;
    -AND-
    one additional proof of residency, from the list above.
    The Fire Department of New York reserves the right to accept other documents in lieu of the above, under special circumstances which validate various living arrangements as determined by the Department and approved by the Department of Citywide Administrative Services.
    Last edited by Skavenger85; 02-14-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Forum Member

its not like i was in the air force
    Myles8683, you should be cautious what you say about the Air Force. It could come back to bite you! Just be proud that you think you served your country by joining Homeland Security. Just be humble that there are men and woman from all branches of service that have paid the ultimate price.

Fire Commissioner Cassano posthumously bestows the title of honorary FDNY Firefighter to Marine Sergeant Christopher Hrbek
    Last edited by prospectff; 02-14-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Forum Member

prospect you are 100% correct. i apologize for my little joke i hope nobody was offended. Sir ed thanks for the info. i was just wondering because i have not recieved a w2 in like 4 years and didnt file any taxes in 2010 because i was unemployed and a student. good to know we got a cpa around

Thread Information