Like Tree9526Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Merit matters is gonna have a field day with this.

One thing everyone has to understand is that they don't have to do this for anyone. Yet alone for free, of course they have to pay the school for the usage of there facility and pay for copies. Put all of yourselves in their shoes I mean I wouldn't do it for free taking time away from my family and all I would want to make some type of change out of it. Believe me they are making a lot of money out of this but they didn't have to do this for candidates it not like it was mandatory or anything.
    Last edited by Skavenger85; 03-01-2012 at 01:20 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    So how come they just stopped white guys ? Shouldn't they have been stopping everyone and ensuring they were indeed on the list ?
    Every person other than african americans were NOT on the list. We had proof with printouts from the website showing confirmation that we registered, yet not one singe person that wasnt black was on that list. On top of that I did not see a single black person get turned away like we did. And the worst part is they were coming in over 45 min late!! And we had to all stand there for hours and watch all these guys show up late and cut right in front of us. I cant describe how much restraint we all had to show.

MembersZone Subscriber

Wow. You are clueless. (^^Skav)

http://www.fireprep.com/new_york_fir...examinati.html
    If I were you guys, I would look into this and go ahead and fork out the $50.
    Just sayin'

Forum Member

$50? I saw where you endorsed it on the other thread but that's some money. I guess comparetively, it's peanuts. Are there others you recommend or is this the most helpful?

Forum Member

Sorry for the mobile version. My phone won't open it in the regular browser.

http://m.nypost.com/p/news/local/que...content=Queens

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Wow. You are clueless. (^^Skav)

http://www.fireprep.com/new_york_fir...examinati.html
    If I were you guys, I would look into this and go ahead and fork out the $50.
    Just sayin'
    I have this one. If some one has the vulcan one and wants to meet up, let me know.

Forum Member

Straight from the mouth of the Lt. who was there, they had more than enough materials for us, that was not why they were keeping us out. Originally they wanted us to wait to make sure they had enough hand out's for the people on their list, then they'd let us in if they had left overs. Before they could even get an accurate reading on if they had enough hand out's they told us we were not getting in, no matter what, and it had nothing to do with how many hand out's they had. This was right after the Lt. got off the phone with Washington, and the Lt. Andrew Brown said "I am a firefighter, I follow orders. Those were my orders".

He also said "I had a plan, you guys screwed it up". Referring to his idea of letting us in after they allowed the people on their list to check in. I guess he was implying we forced him to call Washington who told him we couldn't go in, no matter how many hand out's they had left over.
    Last edited by HopefulFF; 03-01-2012 at 06:47 AM.

Forum Member

I'm leaving to attend the class tonight does anyone want to meet and let me copy their packet will pay for lunch. In turn I will make PDF copys and post.

Forum Member
    FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF

Forum Member

outta control. the staten island cram course was helpful.

Forum Member

The link doesn't work

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post

One thing everyone has to understand is that they don't have to do this for anyone. Yet alone for free, of course they have to pay the school for the usage of there facility and pay for copies. Put all of yourselves in their shoes I mean I wouldn't do it for free taking time away from my family and all I would want to make some type of change out of it. Believe me they are making a lot of money out of this but they didn't have to do this for candidates it not like it was mandatory or anything.
    What in the f*ck are you talking about?
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

Forum Member

NY1 and the Post, it's something... I wouldn't be surprised if they let everyone in tonight. BTW they talk about receiving e-mail confirmation but I haven't received anything from the Vulcans and I signed up for the prep.

Forum Member

Anybody with the Vulcan materials (booklet and notes) care to share them for a day? I can scan the entire book in a day and return your copy (I'll even pay what you paid for it) and send the PDF file to anyone who is interested (white, black, yellow, male, female, and even Red Sox fans). Happy to meet anywhere in the boroughs (I'm in Long Island City) or I can send you Priority Mail shipping fees.

Thanks guys, and good luck. My test is 3 weeks from tomorrow so I'm trying to get as prepared as possible.

Forum Member

For those of you that went and were turned away, keep going. You'll be joined by members OTJ, we stand with you on this.

http://fdnyrant.proboards.com/index....y&thread=12277

Link to our forum. Follow the advice put down on there. Expose the vulcans for the d-bags they are.

Forum Member

I just called EEO, they were aware of the issue already, but the more calls the better.

For what it's worth, Lt Brown seemed like he was only following orders. It's tough to say anything nice about someone telling you you can't enter a room because of the color of your skin, but I didn't have any anger towards him last night. Just my personal feelings on the matter. He made it clear Washington gave him orders.

Forum Member

Join FDNY

REMINDER -- PLEASE READ SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY: The Fire Department will be calling all applicants to register for our Firefighter Information and Tutorial Sessions in order of test date. As previously stated, we will never ask for personal information when we call (if the person calling asks for those details, it is a scam -- do not give this information over the phone). It is up to you whether you wish to attend these classes, they are not manditory, but you must be registered to attend.

Forum Member

Merit Matters is the only organization looking out for the best interest of the job. I would seriously think twice about knocking them.

Forum Member

Guys who are going tonight....be squared away, be respectful, dont do anything or say anything stupid. There is a lot of ignorance within the ranks of the Vulcans, but I find it hard to believe they are really this stupid to think they could get away with this....either they are really f*cking dumb, and are going to scramble to find some way to blame you guys, or that seed was already planted awhile ago, and have something in their back pocket (like a judge, for instance).
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    I just called EEO, they were aware of the issue already, but the more calls the better.
    Can you please post their contact info.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Opti2000 View Post
    Can you please post their contact info.

Should have posted this before, here you go...

EEO FDNY (718)999-1448

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Merit Matters is the only organization looking out for the best interest of the job. I would seriously think twice about knocking them.
    http://www.fdnyemerald.com/

http://www.fdnycolumbia.com/

http://www.fdnysteuben.org/

http://www.fdnyvikings.org/

One question why isn't anyone complaining to these ferternal organization for not hosting a tutorial/tutoring classes for candidates? I speak for all minorities when I say that if we were to protest at any of these organization we would have the police beating our A S S E S. there claims would be that we protested in a violent manner. And they would have probable cause in doing so. Point blank they are not hosting anything because it's not mandated for them to do so. To bad many of you got turned away because you really didn't deserve it but some of you are knocking the vulcans from day one and now your crying for help. I'm making it clear that im not referring to any of the 6019 candidates I have a completely different view on that matter.
    Last edited by Skavenger85; 03-01-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Forum Member

Deleted by user
    Last edited by prospectff; 03-01-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Forum Member

http://www.fdnyemerald.com/

http://www.fdnycolumbia.com/

http://www.fdnysteuben.org/

http://www.fdnyvikings.org/

One question why isn't anyone complaining to these ferternal organization for not hosting a tutorial/tutoring classes for candidates? I speak for all minorities when I say that if we were to protest at any of these organization we would have the police beating our A S S E S. there claims would be that we protested in a violent manner. And they would have probable cause in doing so. Point blank they are not hosting anything because it's not mandated for them to do so. To bad many of you got turned away because you really didn't deserve it but some of you are knocking the vulcans from day one and now your crying for help. I'm making it clear that im not referring to any of the 6019 candidates I have a completely different view on that matter.
    You're a pos, through and through. I pray that you don't make it to the next step, you exemplify what we don't want on this job. Racists, that's what the sulkans should change their name to. At least they wouldn't be full of it then.

Thread Information