Like Tree10633Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    Is this a new part of the academy? I don't recall this happening, at least in recent memory. Also, is there a criteria they use for assigning the companies for this training or is it randomly assigned?

Thanks for writing periodically and sharing what you have.
    Far as I'm aware it has been done for past classes. Assignments were given out in alphabetical order.

Forum Member

How do you get assigned to your actual permanent firehouse? Does everyone go to an engine? Or do they assess your strengths and weaknesses in the academy and go from there? Or is it totally random based on need/ alphabetical order etc?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    How do you get assigned to your actual permanent firehouse? Does everyone go to an engine? Or do they assess your strengths and weaknesses in the academy and go from there? Or is it totally random based on need/ alphabetical order etc?
    I think it's need, and they try and get you as close to your residence as they can. That's what I was told, MM can send some light on this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    First and foremost is need. After that they will consider your residence as it relates to assignment. If you live upstate, think Bronx/Manhattan. L.I., Queens, Brooklyn. Staten Island.......Staten Island. Most will fill Engines, some will fill trucks. The way to go is Engine first.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    First and foremost is need. After that they will consider your residence as it relates to assignment. If you live upstate, think Bronx/Manhattan. L.I., Queens, Brooklyn. Staten Island.......Staten Island. Most will fill Engines, some will fill trucks. The way to go is Engine first.
    Does your academic - physical - overall performance in the academy have an affect on where you are placed?

Forum Member

Like the draft lol.

Forum Member

Manhattan Medic, are you physically capable of doing work outs outside of the academy. Or is the workout session at ths rock so intense you just spend after hours and weekends stuyding and spending time with family. Would you recommend working out outside of the Rock?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Manhattan Medic, are you physically capable of doing work outs outside of the academy. Or is the workout session at ths rock so intense you just spend after hours and weekends stuyding and spending time with family. Would you recommend working out outside of the Rock?
    Some do workout on the side, but I don't and I don't think it's a great idea.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    Does your academic - physical - overall performance in the academy have an affect on where you are placed?
    No. How could it? Is there someplace on this job that is easier than another? No, there isn't. Whether you work in Brownsville, Melrose, Douglaston, Mid-town or Riverdale the expectations of your are identical.

If you hurt yourself outside of proby school, and can no longer continue, you can be terminated. I should say, probably will be.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    No. How could it? Is there someplace on this job that is easier than another? No, there isn't. Whether you work in Brownsville, Melrose, Douglaston, Mid-town or Riverdale the expectations of your are identical.

If you hurt yourself outside of proby school, and can no longer continue, you can be terminated. I should say, probably will be.
    I'm sure once you get used to the physical and academic workload I'm sure you could toss in a run or some lifting here and there but as others said...

Is it really worth it being sore, hurt, tearing muscles.. Rolling ankles.. Etc.

Plus.. I'm sure between PT, wearing gear and doing drills... More then enough PT..

Forum Member

Anyone know which train stations are around the dcas testing center at 43-11 34th st LIC for the CPAT?

I've tried googling it but it gives me 2 completely off the wAll ways to get there...

Forum Member

Nevermind that...i think i found directions... Is the 7 train to 33rd st correct?
    ffbam24 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Nevermind that...i think i found directions... Is the 7 train to 33rd st correct?
    Correct, two block down. good luck on the CPAT

Forum Member

Correct, two block down. good luck on the CPAT
    Thanks...anyone else going for their cpat this wednesday?

Forum Member

What scores or list numbers are you coat guys up to? do they check you for residency before the cpat?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

MannyJay, I am, 11:30.

Forum Member

My CPAT is this Wednesday at 1:00 PM.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 106
    List #: 1XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    MannyJay, I am, 11:30.
    Nice! I have to be there at 11:00...hope to see some of you guys there...anyone interested in meeting up pm me...dont worry i wont try to hook up with you...i'd go to match.com for that lol
    vekdoggs75 and BrooklynBorn like this.

MembersZone Subscriber

One of the probies was at my house last week, and I'm happy to say he was awesome. Did the right thing all week and we'd be happy to have him assigned to us next month, although I hope he goes to a slashing company of his choice because he deserves it. I didn't think Rob Derrig would let us down. And all he did was this: he showed everyone the proper respect, asked questions, wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty, and continually asked us to drill with him on every run we went on. And he was in the sink when he was supposed to be without a word of complaint. I expect most of you guys will be the same, but the few on here with attitude problems can learn something from this. But I did want to give an attaboy to the class that's in now. If all you guys conduct yourself like this kid did, this job is going to stay the greatest job in the world.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    One of the probies was at my house last week, and I'm happy to say he was awesome...
    Thanks, happy to hear this about my class.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Thanks, happy to hear this about my class.
    Like I said, I expect this will be the norm. We want you guys to be awesome, and we're looking forward to showing you the way to do things both around the firehouse and on the firefloor. It's part of what makes this job great.

And for you specifically, you sound like you're on the right track as well. Keep it up. It gets real for you in a few weeks, but just from how you've conducted yourself here I expect you're gonna do fine.
    Last edited by teufelhunden36; 04-29-2013 at 10:12 PM.
    FDsouthbxNY and vekdoggs75 like this.

Forum Member

Default fdny

3 months to go.... July 29th
    Last edited by FDNY4Life; 04-29-2013 at 11:05 PM.
    River6019 likes this.

Forum Member

Does anyone know the process and who to call to defer. I'm away with the military and every number I've tried to call I get placed on hold forever . I have been emailing and rescheduling all the appointments I have been scheduled for so far. And in every email try to explain my situation but have yet to here anything back yet.
    Thank you
    FDNY 2000
    List ##.5

Forum Member

So i'm not sure if this was already answered but I was wondering. I have my cpat this thursday and on the paperwork I received in the mail there is a section that is to be filled out by a physician. But it says that I should only get it filled out by a physician if I have "any of the medical conditions on the back of this paper". I don't have any existing or pre-existing medical conditions so does that mean I can show up to cpqt without the physicians signature. Thats the impression i'm under, I just want to be sure.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    So i'm not sure if this was already answered but I was wondering. I have my cpat this thursday and on the paperwork I received in the mail there is a section that is to be filled out by a physician. But it says that I should only get it filled out by a physician if I have "any of the medical conditions on the back of this paper". I don't have any existing or pre-existing medical conditions so does that mean I can show up to cpqt without the physicians signature. Thats the impression i'm under, I just want to be sure.
    You do NOT need that signed by physician unless you have a medical condition. Also, do not sign your part until you get there.

Thread Information