Like Tree9618Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Any of you guys former swimmers/using swimming to prepare? I've been slacking cramming for finals and graduation and finally have the time to get back on schedule again. Thinking about mixing in a few days of swimming with my runs.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    You do NOT need that signed by physician unless you have a medical condition. Also, do not sign your part until you get there.
    So we don't need a waiver signed by a physician this time around? I could've sworn we needed one for the 6019 physical. I'm not even up for my CPAT yet.....just curious is all. Thanks.

Forum Member

I've been doing interval workouts 1 - 2X a week with a group of people. I find that it helps a great deal with my breathing and can be something extra on top of running and riding a bike. However, it seems that most people are placing importance on running so that has been my main focus. A few times a week in the pool is a great addition in my opinion.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 106
    List #: 1XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    So we don't need a waiver signed by a physician this time around? I could've sworn we needed one for the 6019 physical. I'm not even up for my CPAT yet.....just curious is all. Thanks.
    I was worried about it also, I had my wife read it, and my sister who is the medical field read it also, and she said I dont need it signed. I got to CPAT and they just had me sign my part, and I was on my way.
    But if it makes you feel better, it won't hurt to get it signed I guess, but there is no need.
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 04-30-2013 at 11:51 AM.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Any of you guys former swimmers/using swimming to prepare? I've been slacking cramming for finals and graduation and finally have the time to get back on schedule again. Thinking about mixing in a few days of swimming with my runs.
    I used to swim. Haven't been in water for about 6 months though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I was worried about it also, I had my wife read it, and my sister who is the medical field read it also, and she said I dont need it signed. I got to CPAT and they just had me sign my part, and I was on my way.
    But if it makes you feel better, it won't hurt to get it signed I guess, but there is no need.
    Thanks for the info man. Would prefer not seeing the doc just because he's only open M-F during my work hours. This saves me a bit of stress actually.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    So i'm not sure if this was already answered but I was wondering. I have my cpat this thursday and on the paperwork I received in the mail there is a section that is to be filled out by a physician. But it says that I should only get it filled out by a physician if I have "any of the medical conditions on the back of this paper". I don't have any existing or pre-existing medical conditions so does that mean I can show up to cpqt without the physicians signature. Thats the impression i'm under, I just want to be sure.
    Infolet333, I sent you a PM.

Forum Member

What's up guys -
    Can anyone recommend a cheap gym with a stairmaster? The gym I use regularly doesn't have one. Looking to add one on for the next year until I hopefully get called.

Forum Member

In Staten Island** sorry.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    I swim 4-5 days a week in addition to running and the other things I'm doing.
    KnocKnoc likes this.

Forum Member

@irish
    I'm in Staten island the only two i know of are nysc and la fitness. New york sports club is the cheaper of the two at $39 a month. $29 if you do the fdny plan that excludes you from peak hours 4-8. There's probably some smaller gyms with them i just don't know of any

Forum Member

So pumped to be taking this physical test today.

Forum Member

May feels good. June is gonna feel even better. July is gonna feel amazing.

Giddy'up boys
    HopefulFF and KnocKnoc like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Good luck! Please let us know how it how it goes

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Remember, blue line to obstacle, red line when performing obstacle. Good luck!
    KnocKnoc likes this.

Forum Member

I'm sure I would read it here first so I should know better but am I the only one that everyday goes home and checks the mailbox hoping something finally came in the mail lol.
    coldblood92 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I'm sure I would read it here first so I should know better but am I the only one that everyday goes home and checks the mailbox hoping something finally came in the mail lol.
    Haha, I'm right around your list number buddy. I wouldn't start patrolling the mailbox till August.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

I have the same question about the CPAT notice needing to be signed if we do not have the listed conditions; and if we had the other notice signed by a doc. Thanks
    Last edited by Convict65USMC; 05-01-2013 at 01:54 PM.
    FDNY exam 2000
    score: 104
    list # 3xx
    "Where I lack in experience, I more than make up for with inexperience."

Forum Member

So, I took the physical today and smashed it. I met MannyJay from this board, so that was cool.

There was a dude there that was looking for parking for 2 hours, so learn from that and take the train there.

You don't have to get that medical form signed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Haha, I'm right around your list number buddy. I wouldn't start patrolling the mailbox till August.
    I'm in the mid 1100s so I'm in the same boat as you 2 fellas. I got about 3 seperate bachelor parties planned for this summer and I know all this info is going to come when I'm away. I just ****ing know it.

Forum Member

I'm in that same boat as well in the 900s and when I get it ill definitely post up. But if it helps any someone I know in dcas said we should expect packets most likely in August. Fingers crossed
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    I'm in that same boat as well in the 900s and when I get it ill definitely post up. But if it helps any someone I know in dcas said we should expect packets most likely in August. Fingers crossed
    I'll take it!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I'll take it!
    Ah man, I honestly can't wait till Vekdoggs, Tomfromqueens, FdnyFFHopeful, and I are all having these same conversations in a few months. Who else am I missing that's in our range?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

maybe you guys who went through the process with 6019 would know, but if we miss the cut off for the July class any guesses on when they'd start giving out medicals for January? I was thinking around August?

Forum Member

Hi All,

Havent been on here in a few months - hope everyone who has been called in so far is making progress and doing well. All others im sure are waiting for their # to be called like myself. Two questions I have that maybe someone can give me a bit of information on. 1) Have they started to call #'s from the OC list yet? 2) Will you automatically be excluded from the job for having asthma(I have asthma but its seasonal and its under control)?

Thread Information