Like Tree11257Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    You weren't aware that you had to pass the test to get on, either. But just for kicks, I'll straighten you out. You are not permitted to work what is called "extra departmental employment" or EDE while on probation. When you finish probation (or, in your case, IF you finish) you then must submit a request to do so. I suppose you could submit it while a probie, but nobody's going to approve it.

Do us all a favor and stop talking to the guys who earned their spot like you belong. You're passing bad info, and you have about as much clue about what goes on with the job as a five year old.

Yes, form BP 150 (EDE) has to be filed out and sent to chief of uniformed personnel. Thanks for the information. For the guys that have interest on this topic, there you have it. If what teufelhunden36 is saying is true, that they are going to deny your request, I am not sure what other options you may have. Your best bet is to take the chances and still submit the form.

teufelhunden36, you are a great member to this forum. Keep up the good work!!

Forum Member

how about working off the books? Thats what most FF do

Looks like that would be your only option while on probation

Forum Member

For the medical, do we have to list if we've ever just went to the doctor because your back hurt or you felt depressed?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchBK View Post
    For the medical, do we have to list if we've ever just went to the doctor because your back hurt or you felt depressed?
    No, as long as you didn't have surgery on your back or take certain kind of medication, etc.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Yes, form BP 150 (EDE) has to be filed out and sent to chief of uniformed personnel. Thanks for the information. For the guys that have interest on this topic, there you have it. If what teufelhunden36 is saying is true, that they are going to deny your request, I am not sure what other options you may have. Your best bet is to take the chances and still submit the form.

teufelhunden36, you are a great member to this forum. Keep up the good work!!

Dude, who are you to give advice about what your best options are. Try to be a little more humble. You don't know the first thing about doing things the right way on this job because you're not on this job. You're still at wannabe status. Teuflehund IS a good member of this forum because he offers good advice and the perspective of a person who is one this job. If you have a hard time taking information from someone based on how it's presented, this is going to be a tough environment to adapt to.

LISTEN UP EVERYONE..... You are not on this job to have another job. You are here to be a fireman, at least I hope you are. Get on, focus all of your attention to being the best you can be and learn all that you can. For all intents you are not allowed to work while on probation. It's just not a good idea. Please, just take some good advice from someone who's been he for a little while. Do not work on the side until your are off probation! Not to mention, you will not have the same flexibility in schedule that everyone else does, not for a while. Do this, get great at it and then worry about what you are going to do on the side. If you can't make ends meet, than you need to find another job. Tens of thousands of people before you got by while making this the greatest job in the world, you can too.

This first, everything else second. I've said it many times before, this isn't a job, it's a lifestyle. If you can't live it, it's not for you.

Forum Member

Hey I am here playing the waiting game also i am in the low 3000. Just trying to keep occupied with work and other activities to keep my mind from becoming obsessed with the forum. Not sure exactly when it will be close for our time...
    Good Luck to every one and congrats to the process so far...
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 99
    List: 3XXX

Forum Member

Jesus are we really discussing 2nd jobs already? Guess that whole Academy and probationary period was no sweat!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Jesus are we really discussing 2nd jobs already? Guess that whole Academy and probationary period was no sweat!
    They are talking about 2nd job/side jobs and the 1st one is not even guaranteed as yet....
    FDsouthbxNY and vekdoggs75 like this.
    Score: 99
    List: 3XXX

Forum Member

picked the perfect time to get my first moving violation ticket (not speeding). How screwed am I?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Dude, who are you to give advice about what your best options are. Try to be a little more humble. You don't know the first thing about doing things the right way on this job because you're not on this job. You're still at wannabe status. Teuflehund IS a good member of this forum because he offers good advice and the perspective of a person who is one this job. If you have a hard time taking information from someone based on how it's presented, this is going to be a tough environment to adapt to.

LISTEN UP EVERYONE..... You are not on this job to have another job. You are here to be a fireman, at least I hope you are. Get on, focus all of your attention to being the best you can be and learn all that you can. For all intents you are not allowed to work while on probation. It's just not a good idea. Please, just take some good advice from someone who's been he for a little while. Do not work on the side until your are off probation! Not to mention, you will not have the same flexibility in schedule that everyone else does, not for a while. Do this, get great at it and then worry about what you are going to do on the side. If you can't make ends meet, than you need to find another job. Tens of thousands of people before you got by while making this the greatest job in the world, you can too.

This first, everything else second. I've said it many times before, this isn't a job, it's a lifestyle. If you can't live it, it's not for you.

I wasn’t aware I showed any form of disgust with the important information presented to me or that I showed that I am not able to handle attitude, name calling, childish attacks, etc. I guess you expected me to say, yes sir, not sir, whatever you say is correct sir, etc. I think you should take your own advice and humble yourself. Who are you to tell me I should not provide my opinion. Further, you just repeated what I said about Teuflehund, he is a good member too this forum. I am assuming you thought I was being sarcastic, but I wasn’t. I guess you would have felt a little better if I would have added your name also.

By all means, my opinion is just an opinion just like everyone else on this forum. Do what is best for you while pursuing your dreams to become a firefighter.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    picked the perfect time to get my first moving violation ticket (not speeding). How screwed am I?
    Did you tell the cop your an FD recruit with the chance of being in the next academy class? If so that guys a real piece of work. I just got a seatbelt ticket while on vacation in California that I was nervous could potentially hold me up in the future but wasn't sure. I was in the back seat for gods sake!
    Score: 101
    List #: 20xx

Forum Member

Would you two dimwits get each others phone number already so you can just talk to each other without annoying everyone with your useless drivel.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian_patrick View Post
    Did you tell the cop your an FD recruit with the chance of being in the next academy class? If so that guys a real piece of work. I just got a seatbelt ticket while on vacation in California that I was nervous could potentially hold me up in the future but wasn't sure. I was in the back seat for gods sake!

I thought about mentioning it but I figured there's a good chance he either won't care, or will get annoyed I brought it up and didn't want to risk having a ****ed off cop writing me more tickets. It's violation 1110A, which seems fairly "minor" if it's a first offense but still no violation is a good one. Really hoping this part of my background has been completed already. I can't believe you got a ticket for no seat belt in the back seat. Never heard of that before.

Forum Member

Maybe call your investigator when you are up to that point, or call now if you are, I don't think it should be a problem, they are letting guys with passed convictions on I thought. Just be honest, you don't want to make it seem like you are hiding something.

Hey got a question for all you guys in the process. I'm a California Firefighter, tested and earned a score of 91 and listed 21xxx. I did a few station visits and spoke with some of the guys and discussed my concerns about residency, military and legacy points. They told me not to worry, as long as I score a 90 or better I'm looking good. Can anyone speak from experience regarding my chances of making a tower in the distant future? Thanks, stay safe.

Hey got a question for all you guys in the process. I'm a California Firefighter, tested and earned a score of 91 and listed 21xxx. I did a few station visits and spoke with some of the guys and discussed my concerns about residency, military and legacy points. They told me not to worry, as long as I score a 90 or better I'm looking good. Can anyone speak from experience regarding my chances of making a tower in the distant future? Thanks.

Hey got a question for all you guys in the process. I'm a California Firefighter, tested and earned a score of 91 and listed 21xxx. I did a few station visits and spoke with some of the guys and discussed my concerns about residency, military and legacy points. They told me not to worry, as long as I score a 90 or better I'm looking good. Can anyone speak from experience regarding my chances of making a tower in the distant future? Thank you and stay safe.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian_patrick View Post

You're joking right? About telling the cop you're and FD recruit. That's supposed to entitle you to something?

It's a ticket, it's not going to stop you from getting on the job. One more piece of free advice. Anyone who tells someone that they're a fireman in the hops of getting special treatment is a huge ******.
    ffbam24, vekdoggs75 and NYPDtoFD like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    You're joking right? About telling the cop you're and FD recruit. That's supposed to entitle you to something?

It's a ticket, it's not going to stop you from getting on the job. One more piece of free advice. Anyone who tells someone that they're a fireman in the hops of getting special treatment is a huge ******.

I already met with my investigator about 7 weeks ago. Should I give her a call and let her know about this?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    I wasn’t aware I showed any form of disgust with the important information presented to me or that I showed that I am not able to handle attitude, name calling, childish attacks, etc. I guess you expected me to say, yes sir, not sir, whatever you say is correct sir, etc. I think you should take your own advice and humble yourself. Who are you to tell me I should not provide my opinion. Further, you just repeated what I said about Teuflehund, he is a good member too this forum. I am assuming you thought I was being sarcastic, but I wasn’t. I guess you would have felt a little better if I would have added your name also.

By all means, my opinion is just an opinion just like everyone else on this forum. Do what is best for you while pursuing your dreams to become a firefighter.
    Your opinions are not valid. You speak from a position of misinformation. That's not your fault, nobody expects you to know anything. Just don't speak as though you have the first clue how things work. You don't. You're a charity case getting a second chance thanks to a judge a racist social agenda. I don't hold that against you personally, but try doing a little less talking and a lot more listening. Candidates in the academy and probys in the firehouse are best served to be seen and not heard and speak when spoken to.
    ffbam24 and vekdoggs75 like this.

Forum Member

hey guys, been running at least 3 times a week. in Feb my 1.5 mile time was about 14.30, and now im consistently doing in in about 11.40... my cardio is getting better and i jus want to keep it up...and hoping on entering the january 2014 class..how are you guys doing with your running?
    OC list # 78*
    coldblood92 and dawk34 like this.

Forum Member

Has anyone been to cpat training lately? I got a phone call
    From the recruitment office, saying we are doing 1.5 mile runs instead at this point. Anyone able to confirm?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    hey guys, been running at least 3 times a week. in Feb my 1.5 mile time was about 14.30, and now im consistently doing in in about 11.40... my cardio is getting better and i jus want to keep it up...and hoping on entering the january 2014 class..how are you guys doing with your running?
    OC list # 78*
    Been running 6 miles 2-3 times a week. My pace is about 7:30 per mile (7:40 if I'm running over the triboro). Keep up the good training buddy, I hope to be in the January 2014 class as well.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

I'm averaging 8:05-8:20 minute pace over 5 miles. I would like to shave a couple of seconds off that but my bigger concern is knocking out the poorer runs. Like last night I had a 4 mile run and it was lackluster. I averaged under 9:00 minutes but i think my average mile pace was about 8:38 a mile and 50 second difference between my best mile and my worst. Though besides that run my runs are more consistent, there isn't too much deviation with my fastest and slowest mile times. For now I'm averaging 4-5 miles per runs with the occasional run a little longer than 5 miles. But I want to get to 5-6 miles consistently. As for my 1.5 mile runs I'm routinely between 11:40-11:55. But I'm also running in the street so I have times where I have to stop running or slow down for traffic. But if I ran full steam with no stops I think I could shave 15 seconds off that time right away. By the time I get to the actual 1.5 mile run I want to be at least down to 11 minutes if not better.
    Last edited by TomFromQueens; 05-06-2013 at 03:28 PM.
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    Has anyone been to cpat training lately? I got a phone call
    From the recruitment office, saying we are doing 1.5 mile runs instead at this point. Anyone able to confirm?
    I took and passed the CPAT last week and havent heard anything regarding 1.5 mile runs. What exactly did they tell you? Is it like the CPAT trials? if you pass once you dont have to do it again? etc
    Exam 2000
    List # 13X
    Score 106

Thread Information