Like Tree9540Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #76
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poconos, Pa
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jameson_12 View Post
    You really don't have any clue as to what's gone on with 6019, do you?
    Since you are going to be stupid..my new answer is..

    No, I have no clue what is going on with list 6019..you know why I don't know, because I could care less, because I am not on it..and because it is pretty much no longer valid...so when they start to hire people off it..let me know.

    Is that better? is that the type of answer you were looking for?

    for those of you on that list, other then this momo, please excuse my sarcasm.

  2. #77
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Desire4theJob, do you mean in the last class off 2043, or the class off 6019? I always assumed the first 2-3 classes off a list were full of guys pretty much amped about having the job. Wouldn't expect to hear that about the top 1000 guys on a list.

  3. #78
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    does any one know if the emt cert you need for the Fdny FF is the same as the one you need for the EMS?
    The reason I ask is that I need a job. I know I wont make the promotional but figured I would get the EMT I need for FF and I could try and get on EMS in the meantime. If I don't make it onto EMS I would have needed the Cert anyway, assuming its the same one?

  4. #79
    Jameson_12
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Since you are going to be stupid..my new answer is..

    No, I have no clue what is going on with list 6019..you know why I don't know, because I could care less, because I am not on it..and because it is pretty much no longer valid...so when they start to hire people off it..let me know.

    Is that better? is that the type of answer you were looking for?

    for those of you on that list, other then this momo, please excuse my sarcasm.
    Nevermind... Enjoy being an asswipe, I'll catch you when the same **** happens all over again and you know better than everyone else
    Last edited by Jameson_12; 07-21-2011 at 05:32 PM.

  5. #80
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poconos, Pa
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Thats cool dude..appreciate it.

  6. #81
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Thats cool dude..appreciate it.
    Look up 6019 and disparate impact and you will get it(assuming you don't). Hopefully the last paragraph of this article is true and happens.



    http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/...g_testing.html

  7. #82
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poconos, Pa
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Naw bro..I get it...I just don't have time to care about people who come on here and assume that I haven't been following the 6019 thread since I came back from iraq in 2009..and 2-3 times a day since then. Yes, I didn't test for that exam, because I was in Iraq, but, I do feel for the people on there;and I do have a fundamental understanding of what is going on. If people want to come on here and say that I have no idea then I can be just as stupid, and just as ignorant.

  8. #83
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    does any one know if the emt cert you need for the Fdny FF is the same as the one you need for the EMS?
    The reason I ask is that I need a job. I know I wont make the promotional but figured I would get the EMT I need for FF and I could try and get on EMS in the meantime. If I don't make it onto EMS I would have needed the Cert anyway, assuming its the same one?
    In addition, you will be required to be a Certified First Responder with Defibrillation (CFR-D) by the end of your probationary period. FDNY provides a CFR-D training program during the probationary Firefighter training course. Upon successful completion of FDNY's CFR-D course and receipt of our CFR-D certificate, payroll deductions will commence at a rate of $30 per pay period until the total cost of the training course is recouped by FDNY. Those who fail to obtain a CFR-D by the end of probation will be terminated.

    Off the FDNY eligibility requirement link on the website

    FDNY FFs are not FDNY EMTs and they do not work for EMS. Getting a CFR cert will not get you a job in any market except maybe a lifeguard...

    As it says on the website you only need to be a CFR to be FF, not an EMT.
    Last edited by SeanSouth; 07-21-2011 at 07:07 PM. Reason: grammar, spelling

  9. #84
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jameson_12 View Post
    Nevermind... Enjoy being an asswipe, I'll catch you when the same **** happens all over again and you know better than everyone else
    once again...shots fired and ya gotta love it!

  10. #85
    Jameson_12
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Naw bro..I get it...I just don't have time to care about people who come on here and assume that I haven't been following the 6019 thread since I came back from iraq in 2009..and 2-3 times a day since then. Yes, I didn't test for that exam, because I was in Iraq, but, I do feel for the people on there;and I do have a fundamental understanding of what is going on. If people want to come on here and say that I have no idea then I can be just as stupid, and just as ignorant.
    You say "Now, If the FDNY recruitment team does EVERYTHING that they can to recruit "minorities" when the test results come back..there isn't anything that anyone can say because they did what the judge and what all those other idiots wanted..that's it"

    The NOE and the court says "The Court will decide whether to approve the exam following its administration to the applicants."

    This is exactly what I was pointing out to you before... Clearly its not an assumption that you don't know what's going on.

  11. #86
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poconos, Pa
    Posts
    796

    Default

    I read that part bro, I'm just saying if the judge issued a "special master" and I'm sure the whole process is under scrutinization by the judge, by the vulcans, by the U.S district attourney..the city is spending tooooooo much money to screw this up, and they are too far under headcount to not hire people in the near future..thats what im saying.

  12. #87
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Thanks Sean South, that was a stupid mistake.

  13. #88
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Wishful thinking is once the exam is approved to be administered that will mean what ever the results are, they are, and must be accepted by all parties. hopefully we can get an aswer to that Q before we take the test.

    "The Court will decide whether to approve the exam following its administration to the applicants."

    Maybe that is why we are being forced to give our race on the application. Reading that literally it could mean after the city sees the exact # of minorities who tested, they will decide whether to approve it. It doesn't say "following the results of the exam". To be honest I am not sure which way the city will go, just saying no one knows 100% either way, yet.

  14. #89
    Jameson_12
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Wishful thinking is once the exam is approved to be administered that will mean what ever the results are, they are, and must be accepted by all parties. hopefully we can get an aswer to that Q before we take the test.

    "The Court will decide whether to approve the exam following its administration to the applicants."

    Maybe that is why we are being forced to give our race on the application. Reading that literally it could mean after the city sees the exact # of minorities who tested, they will decide whether to approve it. It doesn't say "following the results of the exam". To be honest I am not sure which way the city will go, just saying no one knows 100% either way, yet.
    Sadly it will be after the test is scored and even worse is its not which way the city will go, its which way the judge will go..... And we all know which way that is.

  15. #90
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanSouth View Post
    In addition, you will be required to be a Certified First Responder with Defibrillation (CFR-D) by the end of your probationary period. FDNY provides a CFR-D training program during the probationary Firefighter training course. Upon successful completion of FDNY's CFR-D course and receipt of our CFR-D certificate, payroll deductions will commence at a rate of $30 per pay period until the total cost of the training course is recouped by FDNY. Those who fail to obtain a CFR-D by the end of probation will be terminated.

    Off the FDNY eligibility requirement link on the website

    FDNY FFs are not FDNY EMTs and they do not work for EMS. Getting a CFR cert will not get you a job in any market except maybe a lifeguard...

    As it says on the website you only need to be a CFR to be FF, not an EMT.
    I assume if you have your EMT, you wont be required to get the CFR cert, since you have a higher level of training. I think that is what BrooklynBorn was getting at.

  16. #91
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    No he was right, I read the the info about CFR so long ago that changed it on my mind to EMT. I was thinking of getting a job by getting my EMT.

  17. #92
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    that facebook thing is going on right now. I am enjoying reading it.

  18. #93
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    thankgod for this forum and all the info on here.

  19. #94
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poconos, Pa
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    thankgod for this forum and all the info on here.
    Better believe it.

  20. #95
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    the facebook forum is hilarious...between the people who obviously didn't read the NOE and some other jokesters it's a lot of entertainment. You can also get them on twitter, ive found that's a much easier way to get a response.

  21. #96
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    63

    Default

    What is their name on Twitter?

  22. #97
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poconos, Pa
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    the facebook forum is hilarious...between the people who obviously didn't read the NOE and some other jokesters it's a lot of entertainment. You can also get them on twitter, ive found that's a much easier way to get a response.
    Those are the people that are too lazy to read, that are too lazy to make a phone call, that are going to be too lazy to study, too lazy to work out...just like I said before..couple hundred people aint gotta worry about

  23. #98
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neal2578 View Post
    What is their name on Twitter?
    @joinfdny @fdnynews


    My favorite thing about the FB forum: The dude with a profile picture of him at a fire scene, and in the background you can see the fire is still going on, lol.


    On Twitter I asked them if there was any way for us to confirm our app was received, they actually don't have an answer for even that. My CC was charged and I have my receipt so I'm sure it's all good, and if it isn't I'll have proof I registered but it doesn't hurt to be 100% sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Those are the people that are too lazy to read, that are too lazy to make a phone call, that are going to be too lazy to study, too lazy to work out...just like I said before..couple hundred people aint gotta worry about
    Yep, 30,000+ people will take the exam, but there wont be 30,000 all stars, obviously

  24. #99
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    the link to both pages are on the main FDNY page. I like the kid who asked if being white would hurt his chances lol, I am surprised they answered that one.
    None of these people are gonna make it to the practice sessions, I hope the test is hard enough to give those who actually studied an advantage.

  25. #100
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    the link to both pages are on the main FDNY page. I like the kid who asked if being white would hurt his chances lol, I am surprised they answered that one.
    None of these people are gonna make it to the practice sessions, I hope the test is hard enough to give those who actually studied an advantage.
    Ya that Q was funny, but definitely inappropriate.

    I think you're better off hoping the people who show up are so...intellectually challenged even a dumbed down test won't help them because the test is certainly not getting more difficult.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 28 users browsing this thread. (8 members and 20 guests)

  1. FFwnt2b,
  2. Gomer Pyle,
  3. IronBars,
  4. joeybatts,
  5. kevin666,
  6. Manhattan Medic,
  7. Matador611,
  8. TrevorT

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 12:13 PM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register