Like Tree9836Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

guys, don't even respond. You only validate his comments with a response. Leave them be and within a few hours they'll be buried deep in the thread.

Anyways, it doesn't look like we are going to be able to get our hands on a copy of the Vulcan's hand outs. I've already spent several hundred on prep classes, but will pick up the Don McNea prep books. You can order them online and download pdf copies. If anyone else would be interested in chipping in on this, PM me.

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Irish6019 View Post
    You're a pos, through and through. I pray that you don't make it to the next step, you exemplify what we don't want on this job. Racists, that's what the sulkans should change their name to. At least they wouldn't be full of it then.
    Smh you sir are very ignorant I really dislike you and I don't even know you, thank god I haven't met you in person seriously. To the people I had the pleasure of speaking with on pm I will not forget you no matter what goddamn color wheel color you are. I don't care about what race you are and I don't care what your beliefs are. I will keep in contact with you I promise.
    Last edited by Skavenger85; 03-01-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Forum Member

they knock the vulcans because of the disruption they have caused in the fdny... everything from the hiring freeze to the millions of dollars in tax money that has to be paid for the countless overtime just because they want to go overboard.... everybody knows racism isnt an issue in the fdny

Forum Member

Finally made it on to the ny1 website. Pretty short and doesn't say a whole lot though...

http://queens.ny1.com/content/top_st...--group-claims

Forum Member

If you were part of last night's fiasco:

When you call eeo, get a name of who you are talking to. Don't let them send you to voicemail. Demand to talk to someone in charge... Don't let them sh.t can your call.
    I'm on there website now and it clearly states that applicants for employment may file a complaint.. Don't make it anonymous, (too easy for them to sh.t can) leave your name, the job is not allowed to retaliate in any way for you making the complaint. I believe you should also be given a complaint number. Number again is 718-999-1446/47/48

Read more: http://fdnyrant.proboards.com/index....#ixzz1ntUSKthS

Also send a letter explaining what happened to you to:

Equal Employment Oppurtunity Officer
    Equal Employmnet Opportunity Unit
    New York City Fire Department
    9 Metro Tech Center, Room 4E-1
    Brooklyn, NY 11201,3857

Attention: TO BE OPENED BY ADDRESSE ONLY

Mail it at the counter at the post office and pay for a return receipt.

This info was taken directly from the FDNY Books, PA/ID 1-77 section:5.2.5

Read more: http://fdnyrant.proboards.com/index....#ixzz1ntUh5r45

DO THIS NOW.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    http://www.fdnyemerald.com/

http://www.fdnycolumbia.com/

http://www.fdnysteuben.org/

http://www.fdnyvikings.org/

One question why isn't anyone complaining to these ferternal organization for not hosting a tutorial/tutoring classes for candidates? I speak for all minorities when I say that if we were to protest at any of these organization we would have the police beating our A S S E S. there claims would be that we protested in a violent manner. And they would have probable cause in doing so. Point blank they are not hosting anything because it's not mandated for them to do so. To bad many of you got turned away because you really didn't deserve it but some of you are knocking the vulcans from day one and now your crying for help. I'm making it clear that im not referring to any of the 6019 candidates I have a completely different view on that matter.
    When did any of those organizations ever complain about prejudice inside the Dept? The Vulcans, not any other minority group inside the FDNY, are the ones who are complaining about the racial makeup of the Dept. Their points and information have been inconsistent from the beginning and Merit Matters has called them out on every falsehood. You called Merit Matters out like they have been spewing nonsense like the Vulcans. Fact is that Chief Mannix has called them to sit down and discuss every single inconsistent statement the Vulcans have made since the beginning of their lawsuit, but unfortunately he's still sitting by the phone waiting for a call. One more thing....if any fraternal organization did turn away a minority applicant at any time, you can bet your *** Al Sharpton would have every single news organization breathing down their back branding them racists. Tell me I'm wrong?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    When did any of those organizations ever complain about prejudice inside the Dept? The Vulcans, not any other minority group inside the FDNY, are the ones who are complaining about the racial makeup of the Dept. Their points and information have been inconsistent from the beginning and Merit Matters has called them out on every falsehood. You called Merit Matters out like they have been spewing nonsense like the Vulcans. Fact is that Chief Mannix has called them to sit down and discuss every single inconsistent statement the Vulcans have made since the beginning of their lawsuit, but unfortunately he's still sitting by the phone waiting for a call. One more thing....if any fraternal organization did turn away a minority applicant at any time, you can bet your *** Al Sharpton would have every single news organization breathing down their back branding them racists. Tell me I'm wrong?
    I'm not saying that other organizations are being prejudice or that theres prejudice inside fdny I'm saying why are they not preparing candidates as well, just like the vulcans are doing. I don't agree with everything the vulcans are doing 100%. But I'm also saying that they are not mandated to have tutorials in the first place. That's the city's job to do they are the ones giving out the test not the vulcans.
    Last edited by Skavenger85; 03-01-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Forum Member

Cheif Mannix will be interviewed by CBS 2 for the 5:00pm show. Wish I could be home to watch it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    guys, don't even respond. You only validate his comments with a response. Leave them be and within a few hours they'll be buried deep in the thread.
    Well said. very, very, very well said.

Forum Member

Channel 2 news at 5pm will do an interview with FDNY Chief Paul Mannix and some of the candidates for exam 2000 that were turned away by the Vulcans for their prep classes. Interview is by Lou Young.
    Last edited by QCFRANKC; 03-01-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Forum Member

I'm at Rochdale right now, drove past when they were interviewing some guys. I think fox 5 is there as well. I saw an unmarked news truck but I could've sworn I saw Dick Brennan in the front seat.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I'm at Rochdale right now, drove past when they were interviewing some guys. I think fox 5 is there as well. I saw an unmarked news truck but I could've sworn I saw Dick Brennan in the front seat.

Lou Young had the report.

Good luck tonight. Everyone who was shut out would love to get a copy of that hand out, we are all pulling for you. lol

MembersZone Subscriber

Good but short report on CBS2 at 5:30.
    Waiting for the FOX5 interview at 6.

Those of you going to tonight's session:
    Represent yourselves as well as you have in the past.
    Do not make ignorant comments like I overheard on the one youtube video about Cedric the Entertainer. That does not help your plight.

Hang tough.

Forum Member

Queens class canceled indefinitely

Forum Member

Queens class canceled indefinitely

Just saw this on FOX 5. WOW. This is insane.

Forum Member

The link doesn't work
    Must have been deleted.... showed the mayhem at the prep class
    FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF

Forum Member
    FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF

Forum Member

That blows. Well the fdny prep starts on monday for the first test takers.

Forum Member

That's a disgrace. A FDNY officer literally lying to people right to their faces.

Forum Member

MY buddy just forwarded this to me:

Queens Classes Cancelled - Please Attend Our Brooklyn or Manhattan Tutorial Class

Dear firefighter applicant,

We are very sorry to report that classes at the Queens location have been cancelled because the facility is no longer available. This includes this evening’s class. We apologize for this last-minute news and very much hope to see you in Brooklyn or Manhattan (see schedule below).

We will work to find another location in Queens and let you know if we are able to do so.

The Vulcan Society

Brooklyn

M.S. 35
    272 MacDonough St.
    on the corner of Lewis Ave
    (A/C at Utica Ave)

Lesson Plan A(choose one)
    Thursday, March 1st – 7:00 p.m.
    Saturday, March 3rd – 11:00 a.m.

Lesson Plan B (choose one)
    Monday, March 5th – 7:00 p.m.
    Thursday, March 8th – 7:00 p.m.
    Saturday, March 10th – 11:00 a.m.

Manhattan

Taino Towers (Gym)
    240 E. 123rd St.
    near 2nd Avenue
    (4/5/6 to 125th St.)

Lesson Plan A(choose one)
    Saturday, March 3rd – 11:00 a.m.

Lesson Plan B (choose one)
    Monday, March 5th – 7:00 p.m.
    Tuesday, March 6th – 7:00 p.m.
    Saturday, March 10th – 11:00 a.m.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingLights View Post
    That blows. Well the fdny prep starts on monday for the first test takers.
    Where does it say when your city prep date is(assuming thats happening)? sorry my comp broke and have only been following this thread via phone.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 03-01-2012 at 07:17 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Where does it say when your city prep date is(assuming thats happening)? sorry my comp broke and have only been following this thread via phone.
    Your city prep date isnt listed anywhere. As per the FDNY's recruitment facebook page http://www.facebook.com/joinFDNY each candidate will be called by DCAS to schedule their exam prep. They will call us based on our exam date (earlier dates receive prep first). BE AWARE FDNY issued a statement saying that someone was trying to run a scam and impersonate DCAS. They call you and ask for your personal info i.e social security number. DCAS will not ask for any personal info. If the caller does ask then you know its fake.

Forum Member

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/cont...kshop-20120301

I'm lurkin in the background haha

Forum Member

Starting Monday they are going to start calling the people who take the test starting this month. You will be told when and where you are able to attend. I was at bk tonight, good thing they let everyone in first the invited and then everyone else and yes including white dudes they had the biggest smile on their faces. Pretty sure one of them might PDF the material on this website.

Forum Member

My GF just told me they are promoting this story between commercials on fox 5 for the 10:00pm news

Thread Information