Like Tree9967Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    picked the perfect time to get my first moving violation ticket (not speeding). How screwed am I?
    It was your first.
    No biggie. But don't make it a habit. That's where it becomes an issue. If you have a list of violations as long as your arm, then I'd be worried.
    They're looking for patterns. One violation isn't going to affect you. But yes, give your investigator a heads-up.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    I wasn’t aware I showed any form of disgust with the important information presented to me or that I showed that I am not able to handle attitude, name calling, childish attacks, etc. I guess you expected me to say, yes sir, not sir, whatever you say is correct sir, etc. I think you should take your own advice and humble yourself. Who are you to tell me I should not provide my opinion. Further, you just repeated what I said about Teuflehund, he is a good member too this forum. I am assuming you thought I was being sarcastic, but I wasn’t. I guess you would have felt a little better if I would have added your name also.

By all means, my opinion is just an opinion just like everyone else on this forum. Do what is best for you while pursuing your dreams to become a firefighter.
    You know what?
    Keep your opinion to yourself. You didn't earn the priviledge to offer one the first time around. You're only here because of a poorly perceived opinion by another individual.

MembersZone Subscriber

To beat the dead horse one more time about the side jobs:
    The time will come when you can take one on. Just remember; this is your job. Being the new guy you'll be expected to make it to every event, be able to work for a senior guy (and we all have at least five years on you), pitch in where you can and know your job. So we'll be watching your every move. We'll be side by side with you, but we're still watching.

Here's the big thing to take away from all of this:
    This isn't just a job.
    This is THE job.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    I took and passed the CPAT last week and havent heard anything regarding 1.5 mile runs. What exactly did they tell you? Is it like the CPAT trials? if you pass once you dont have to do it again? etc
    I passed recently as well.
    Well, I usually go Saturday. The office called and said that there would be no cpat training on the 4th. I asked her if we still needed to come in if we passed the cpat, and she said yes, they plan on having us do a 1.5 mile "fitness" run. Not sure what that Means, she said just pick a day this week and show up
    Instead of the 4th. I'll go
    This saturday and see what happens.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    It was your first.
    No biggie. But don't make it a habit. That's where it becomes an issue. If you have a list of violations as long as your arm, then I'd be worried.
    They're looking for patterns. One violation isn't going to affect you. But yes, give your investigator a heads-up.

definitely will not be making a habit of it. I'll give my investigator a call once it pops up in the system on the dmv website. Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    Well, I usually go Saturday. The office called and said that there would be no cpat training on the 4th. I asked her if we still needed to come in if we passed the cpat, and she said yes, they plan on having us do a 1.5 mile "fitness" run. Not sure what that Means, she said just pick a day this week and show up
    the turn out for the CPAT training has been smaller and smaller as the weeks go by. People either get a score they like at the rock, or passed the actual physical and feel like they dont need to go back for the fdny training. It makes sense to do something geared towards the 1.5m run rather than have people who already passed the cpat do more cpat training. Would definitely be interested to hear what kind of training they're doing for the 1.5

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Yes, form BP 150 (EDE) has to be filed out and sent to chief of uniformed personnel. Thanks for the information. For the guys that have interest on this topic, there you have it. If what teufelhunden36 is saying is true, that they are going to deny your request, I am not sure what other options you may have. Your best bet is to take the chances and still submit the form.

teufelhunden36, you are a great member to this forum. Keep up the good work!!
    Save it, ******bag. If you think for one second that shtick is gonna work, you got more screws loose than I thought. I'm still gonna let you know what a piece of crap you are every chance I get.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    Has anyone been to cpat training lately? I got a phone call
    From the recruitment office, saying we are doing 1.5 mile runs instead at this point. Anyone able to confirm?
    I go in for my first shot on Thursday. I'll let you all know if there's something out of the norm going on now.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:109
    List # XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    I took and passed the CPAT last week and havent heard anything regarding 1.5 mile runs. What exactly did they tell you? Is it like the CPAT trials? if you pass once you dont have to do it again? etc

Forum Member

So they're having training sessions for the 1.5 run now? Are they literally walking people through each step of the hiring process now.

Forum Member

Idk what it is. She sai to show
    Up. So I guess we will ind out.

Forum Member

I already met with my investigator about 7 weeks ago. Should I give her a call and let her know about this?
    Hey HopefulFF, if you recieved this moving violation in the city I recommend you plead not guilty and go to court. These traffic judges are extremely liberal and have a tendency of taking the drivers side as opposed to us cops.

I don't know if getting the ticket dismissed will help you out with this process but at least it'll help you maintain a clean driving record.
    NYPDtoFD likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    So they're having training sessions for the 1.5 run now? Are they literally walking people through each step of the hiring process now.
    Yeah, the hand holding throughout the whole process kind of annoys me. I wonder if it will have a direct impact on the usual hiring ratio of 1:4.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Yeah, the hand holding throughout the whole process kind of annoys me. I wonder if it will have a direct impact on the usual hiring ratio of 1:4.
    That's my gripe too. It's like the city is doing this **** to avoid the bitching and moaning aka lawsuits.

MembersZone Subscriber

That's my gripe too. It's like the city is doing this **** to avoid the bitching and moaning aka lawsuits.
    That's exactly what they are doing.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

first let me say I completely agree with you. But for this particular instance I wouldn't worry that much. If they're spending the remaining time they blocked out for CPAT training on this, then it's only going to run for 2 weeks, if anyone actually goes it'll be for 1, 2 days tops. To be honest I don't really blame the instructors, each session is supposed to have about 100 people and they're getting 20-30 to show up now because CPAT's are either done, or people have passed 2-3x already at the rock.

but if they're starting a completely different program for the 1.5M run that's longer than 2 weeks, that's a different story.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Guys OTJ: Is it usually the case that as the list becomes more and more exhausted the hiring ratio for people taking job/going through the process goes from like 1:3 to say, 1:5? I know a lot of people who took the test on a whim and actually scored in hiring range, but won't be in any type of shape once they get called/have other job prospects.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Guys OTJ: Is it usually the case that as the list becomes more and more exhausted the hiring ratio for people taking job/going through the process goes from like 1:3 to say, 1:5? I know a lot of people who took the test on a whim and actually scored in hiring range, but won't be in any type of shape once they get called/have other job prospects.
    As time goes by the ratio will most certainly grow. It's too early to guess by how much. A lot of these questions can't be answered until a few classes of O.C. candidates are hired.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    That's exactly what they are doing.
    Are you guys that surprised?

Forum Member

Also, does anyone know if Retro Fitness has stepmills?
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

first let me say I completely agree with you. But for this particular instance I wouldn't worry that much. If they're spending the remaining time they blocked out for CPAT training on this, then it's only going to run for 2 weeks, if anyone actually goes it'll be for 1, 2 days tops. To be honest I don't really blame the instructors, each session is supposed to have about 100 people and they're getting 20-30 to show up now because CPAT's are either done, or people have passed 2-3x already at the rock.

but if they're starting a completely different program for the 1.5M run that's longer than 2 weeks, that's a different story.
    Couldn't agree more bro. Its not holding hands, what else is everyone gonna do for 3hrs if people are either done with their cpat or stopped showing up. People who haven't started the process don't know how many people are showing up to the training. Numbers went from around 60 to 15-20. I myself am not going because I'm done with cpat and don't want to come all the way from si to run, but what else would you suppose they do? Nothing the instructors can do in two sessions will get anyone through a run if they haven't been training on their own.

Forum Member

Hey everyone.

Took my CPAT this morning and passed. Didn't go for a world record or anything but I got it done.

I'm in the early 400's, still haven't heard anything about a medical or psych yet. I'm continuing to train for July but looking at the numbers its hard to say I'll make July. The good thing about that is that I have some more time to prepare and that January is almost definite. (nothings ever definite with this job, I'm sure we all know that).

I've seen guys in the 200's getting medicals so if anyone beyond that list number gets more paperwork please let us know. I know we're all trying to gauge our lives accordingly to this list so even the smallest bit of information helps.

Good luck to whoever else is taking the CPAT. Take your time and DON'T RUSH THE LADDER RAISE/EXTENSION! Seems that a few guys are letting the rope slide. (which results in instant DQ)
    vekdoggs75, River6019 and mocon337 like this.

Forum Member

Congrats bro, the ladder feels alot different with the brand new gloves they give you. The gloves are so stiff i definitely took my time on that portion. So guys in the 400s have no psych yet.. Im 340s so i guess they stopped shortly after my number. My psych is may 18

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Congrats bro, the ladder feels alot different with the brand new gloves they give you. The gloves are so stiff i definitely took my time on that portion. So guys in the 400s have no psych yet.. Im 340s so i guess they stopped shortly after my number. My psych is may 18
    Have you gotten, or heard anything about your medical?

Forum Member

Ext. 17 CPAT didn't happen at The Rock last week because it was friends and family day.
    Numbers at CPAT drop after people pass etc etc but it's still good to go to the sessions even just to familiarize yourself with The Rock. Personally I think its great just being there. I did my
    CPAT in December and I would go tonight if I was allowed lol. Even though you passed the CPAT it would still be beneficial to get your hands on the equipment as much as possible and take part in the extra work the instructors assign such as the hose pull on the roller or "black mamba" I think they call it. All these activities are included in FST which is a huge part of passing the academy.
    This is not from my personal experience of course just passing on the info from guys currently in the academy. The more we help each other improve now and get ready the better. It helps us as a class. Each squad will only be as strong as its weakest link. I don't think any of us want to be that guy. Take every bit of training they offer boys.
    KnocKnoc likes this.

Thread Information