Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 400 of 1141 FirstFirst ... 300350390397398399400401402403410450500900 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 8,000 of 22802
Like Tree8965Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Depan shoot me a PM so I can reply, I don't think your PM's are on.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quick tip for the guys having problems filling out the CPD-B section for employment where you have to describe your duties. If the job you had/have before uses a counseling/evaluation system, you can get ideas from your previous evaluations and use these as your duties. I, for example, used my latest NCOER(Evaluation Report) since I'm in the Army and it was pretty easy to gather some info about my duties. These can also serve for the Resume portion on the CPD-B.

Forum Member

anyone attending the CPAT training tomorrow?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 104
    List: 2XX

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Quick tip for the guys having problems filling out the CPD-B section for employment where you have to describe your duties. If the job you had/have before uses a counseling/evaluation system, you can get ideas from your previous evaluations and use these as your duties. I, for example, used my latest NCOER(Evaluation Report) since I'm in the Army and it was pretty easy to gather some info about my duties. These can also serve for the Resume portion on the CPD-B.
    You can call to confirm yourself, but I called CID last week about the same thing and you only list military on page 15 of the CPD-B not the employmet section. Just thought I would share.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by dawk34 View Post
    anyone attending the CPAT training tomorrow?
    Never heard anything about it. Is this the actual start of CPATs or is this part of the physical preparation program?
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

These can also serve for the Resume portion on the CPD-B.
    Are we supposed to bring a professional resume with us as well?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    see then this is silly to me...then the baseline testing should be something like hold a plank for a minute or something...

Ohhhhhh don't worry; there'll be all the planks you can handle once you get there.
    coldblood92 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Are we supposed to bring a professional resume with us as well?
    Is says "a resume may be attached to the CPD-B, however, it will not be accepted in lieu of the completion of the CPD-B".

Hope that helps
    HopefulFF likes this.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Never heard anything about it. Is this the actual start of CPATs or is this part of the physical preparation program?
    It's the cpat prep program
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 104
    List: 2XX

Forum Member

You can call to confirm yourself, but I called CID last week about the same thing and you only list military on page 15 of the CPD-B not the employmet section. Just thought I would share.
    Yeah I heard someone else say the same thing. Oh well, I guess ill just list my crapy payless job I had before I joined the Army.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah I heard someone else say the same thing. Oh well, I guess ill just list my crapy payless job I had before I joined the Army.
    That's what I did lol. What can I say I was 16 for my first job and joined Army at 18.
    mannyjay likes this.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

MembersZone Subscriber

Has anyone heard when the CPATs will begin? I remember reading that someone said the last CPATs would be around May 18th. I can't remember if they give 8 weeks or 12 weeks to 'prepare' for your final run, I'm assuming 8 weeks cause that would play into the May 18th deadline.

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong (I probably am)

And does the Prep program that starts tomorrow count as the 8/12 weeks they have to offer to candidates or is that something completely separate.
    Last edited by zachryw2001; 02-26-2013 at 04:04 PM.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

Forum Member

Has anyone heard when the CPATs will begin? I remember reading that someone said the last CPATs would be around May 18th. I can't remember if they give 8 weeks or 12 weeks to 'prepare' for your final run, I'm assuming 8 weeks cause that would play into the May 18th deadline.

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong (I probably am)

And does the Prep program that starts tomorrow count as the 8/12 weeks they have to offer to candidates or is that something completely separate.
    that was prob me....at orientation they told us the CPATs would run from mid april - may 18th.

The prep program starting this week is the 12 week course the city offers. 12 weeks, 6 sessions.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    that was prob me....at orientation they told us the CPATs would run from mid april - may 18th.

The prep program starting this week is the 12 week course the city offers. 12 weeks, 6 sessions.
    Thanks. I feel that I'm out of the loop living out of state and just want to make sure I don't miss something.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

Forum Member

hey guys, do you only get one shot at the 1.5 mile for under 13 mins?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    Pretty sure yes. If your struggling consider adding HIIT to your running regimen.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    Ohhhhhh don't worry; there'll be all the planks you can handle once you get there.
    looking forward to the pain
    zachryw2001 and Dannypanigale like this.

Forum Member

Yup. Also whoever wanted planks will be happy to know that there is an abundance of planks to be had.
    coldblood92, Ext. 17 and dawk34 like this.

2 weeks ago the instructor at the CPAT orientation told us that if you fail the run, they send you back to medical and throw you on the step mill; this time u gotta do 8 minutes WITH a heart monitor.Unlike the ordinary CPAT retry, this time, even if u make the 8 minutes, if ur heartrate goes over a certain percentage then you're out.Done.Finished.Bye bye

So they give ONE LAST SHOT (stepmill w/monitor) if u fail the run.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    2 weeks ago the instructor at the CPAT orientation told us that if you fail the run, they send you back to medical and throw you on the step mill; this time u gotta do 8 minutes WITH a heart monitor.Unlike the ordinary CPAT retry, this time, even if u make the 8 minutes, if ur heartrate goes over a certain percentage then you're out.Done.Finished.Bye bye

So they give ONE LAST SHOT (stepmill w/monitor) if u fail the run.
    I hate even mentioning this. The gist of it is that if you fail the run they will put you through a second (modified) medical, since it's possible that you are actually in good enough shape but can't do 1.5 in 13.

Don't think of this as a serious option. When I was going through the process they said over 90% of people that get taken downtown for the second medical after failing the run fail the medical. Also, we do a fair amount of running in the academy. Everybody in contention for the July class has way more than enough time to become a proficient runner. No excuses.

Thread Information