Like Tree10467Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Anyone else get a call from the FDNY today? I tried to call the number back but it didn't work. I did a google search for the number and it brought me to the join FDNY page on facebook and from there I read it was the number to the call center. Hopefully they call back.

If you got that call today, what was it about?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    Ext. 17 CPAT didn't happen at The Rock last week because it was friends and family day.
    Numbers at CPAT drop after people pass etc etc but it's still good to go to the sessions even just to familiarize yourself with The Rock. Personally I think its great just being there. I did my
    CPAT in December and I would go tonight if I was allowed lol. Even though you passed the CPAT it would still be beneficial to get your hands on the equipment as much as possible and take part in the extra work the instructors assign such as the hose pull on the roller or "black mamba" I think they call it. All these activities are included in FST which is a huge part of passing the academy.
    This is not from my personal experience of course just passing on the info from guys currently in the academy. The more we help each other improve now and get ready the better. It helps us as a class. Each squad will only be as strong as its weakest link. I don't think any of us want to be that guy. Take every bit of training they offer boys.
    Agreed. Honestly, I just like going up there. Keeps me motivated. Whatever they'll have us do, I'm all in.
    River6019 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Anyone else get a call from the FDNY today? I tried to call the number back but it didn't work. I did a google search for the number and it brought me to the join FDNY page on facebook and from there I read it was the number to the call center. Hopefully they call back.

I got a call today, it was to let me know I could make up last Saturday's cpat training this week. If you normally go up to the rock for cpat training on Saturdays, that's probably what it was about.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post

Still kinda boggles my mind why they don't leave like a 30 second message just to say it's them.

Forum Member

Took my CPAT today as well. I'll echo what everyone else said about the ladder. Definitely took my time with that one. I'd also recommend taking slow walks between the stations to catch your breath if you are completing the exercises quickly. I nearly stepped out and got a warning on the last exercise because I was hustling, only to find out that I had nearly two minutes left when it was done.

I have also not heard anything about Psych or Medical. Sitting in the 500's. Seems evident they are not planning on making it past the 300's (at most) for the July class. Guess I'll do what everyone else is saying - stay in shape, stay patient, and stay out of trouble.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Have you gotten, or heard anything about your medical?
    No medical yet

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    I got a call today, it was to let me know I could make up last Saturday's cpat training this week. If you normally go up to the rock for cpat training on Saturdays, that's probably what it was about.
    Oh, that makes sense. I skipped last week because my physical test was the following day.

Forum Member

If you've been going to CPAT training it wouldn't be a bad idea to keep going. I didn't, and it turns out what I missed was them turning that training time into PT sessions similar to what they give during the academy. If you've been going and you can continue to make the time it wouldn't hurt to keep it up. They're not going to waste your time or theirs.

Forum Member

Also this is a thing that'll be pretty cool to see:

https://www.facebook.com/events/163682870465310/
    mocon337 and Convict65USMC like this.

Forum Member

Someone mentioned that people in the 200s received notification regarding medical. Can anyone confirm?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    Someone mentioned that people in the 200s received notification regarding medical. Can anyone confirm?
    I've yet to receive anything about the medical.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 104
    List: 2XX

Forum Member

HI guys, I was wondering if anyone could answer a question for me . I have to go back to get re weighed by the nurse. This will be my second reweigh. The first time i was off by 16 lbs. Now im only off by 3-4 lbs. the nurse said that it was up to the dr.s consent whether to they would let me continue . Im going to try and lose the remainder of the weight by the time i have to go back which is the 20th of this month. Has anyone had to go through this?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYGUY28 View Post
    HI guys, I was wondering if anyone could answer a question for me . I have to go back to get re weighed by the nurse. This will be my second reweigh. The first time i was off by 16 lbs. Now im only off by 3-4 lbs. the nurse said that it was up to the dr.s consent whether to they would let me continue . Im going to try and lose the remainder of the weight by the time i have to go back which is the 20th of this month. Has anyone had to go through this?
    I actually went through it. You just went back and got reweighed or you're about to go back in?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I actually went through it. You just went back and got reweighed or you're about to go back in?
    Ive been back and got reweighed but was off by 16 lbs. So they sent me a pre disqualification letter. i replied to it yesterday and they called me today to get reweighed in again.

Forum Member

Ive been back and got reweighed but was off by 16 lbs. So they sent me a pre disqualification letter. i replied to it yesterday and they called me today to get reweighed in again.
    I work with someone who went through this. He missed a class and had to come back for the following one, but he is on. This was years ago though and after Jamel Sears they're being pretty tight about weight and cardio health. Just show improvement consistently.

Forum Member

i have showed improvement in everything. Ive actually completed the whole hiring process . this is the last step besides the 1.5 mile run. Im going to juice for a week and just get the weight down so i dont have an issue. Hopefully it will work out.

Forum Member

Oh I never reached that part. They told me I had to lose an extra 10 lbs and a time range when I should come in if I wanted the next class.

Forum Member

You should just cut weight like a wrestler. For 3 or 4 pounds of water its pretty easy to lose and you wont feel ****ty at all...

Forum Member

What have you guys been wearing to the CPAT? Not like to particpate in it but, to the appointment. Just business attire?
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:109
    List # XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    You should just cut weight like a wrestler. For 3 or 4 pounds of water its pretty easy to lose and you wont feel ****ty at all...
    I was listening to an interview Chael Sonnen did before UFC 159, he said he could drop 20lbs in 2 days and it would all be water weight. He wouldn't reveal how but that's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Desire4theJob View Post
    What have you guys been wearing to the CPAT? Not like to particpate in it but, to the appointment. Just business attire?

to orientation at LIC? I wore jeans and a polo shirt. You don't have to wear workout clothes, but you can if you want.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    to orientation at LIC? I wore jeans and a polo shirt. You don't have to wear workout clothes, but you can if you want.
    To the Practice/Final
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:109
    List # XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desire4theJob View Post
    To the Practice/Final
    so you mean the timed trials at LIC? Then definitely sweat pants (you have to wear pants) and a tee shirt.

Forum Member

i have showed improvement in everything. Ive actually completed the whole hiring process . this is the last step besides the 1.5 mile run. Im going to juice for a week and just get the weight down so i dont have an issue. Hopefully it will work out.
    I was actually thinking of juicing (non steroids of course) in the next couple of weeks. Do you recommend and which one? Thx amigo

Forum Member

I would love to cut the weight like that but i have to make sure that i dont gain it back when i go to weigh in the next day . If anyone knows how to cut out water weight by all means share.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I was actually thinking of juicing (non steroids of course) in the next couple of weeks. Do you recommend and which one? Thx amigo
    im going to do the blueprint excavation. 6 day plan and see where i am after 3 days if i meet the weight i will just go and weigh in that day .

Thread Information