Someone posted this list a while back of documents they were required to bring to 6019. I know some of these were not asked to bring along but im going to bring them anyway just in case they ask for it. Im not trying to create any confusion either, just thougt i'd re-share this info as it might be helpful for some of you.
1. Fingerprint fee $75
2. If ever arrested for a crime or received a summons other than a moving violation, bring: a) a complete notarized statement “explaining” the incident, and b) an original disposition from the court involved.
3. Residency proof
4. W2’s and social security detailed earnings statement for the past five years, plus a recent pay stub
5. Proof of self employment
6. Proof of unemployment
7. High school diploma, or GED with scores
8. Post-high school requirements (college transcript, 6 months full time employment, or active military with honorable discharge)
9. Copy of Dept of Health birth certificate
10. Record of any legal change of name
11. Valid NYS drivers license
12. Copy of Social Security card
13. Marriage certificate, divorce or separation papers
14. All correspondence regarding workman’s compensation claims
15. Original discharge or separation papers from the military (DD-214) and/or veterans disability claims, and any disciplinary action paperwork you received
16. Selective Service Registration record (www.sss.gov(http://www.sss.gov/)). If active Reservist, unit name and address17. BP-51 and DP-2488 questionnaire signed and notarized (these are FDNY forms, you’ll get them with your packages)
18. 2x2 inch photo in business attire
19. Signed education and employment consent forms (you’ll get these forms from FDNY, also).
Edit: Had to fixed it. It was all together when I copied and pasted it.
^^^^^I would totally pay $752 fingerprints if that's what it took to get on the job, but you might wanna ninja edit that.
LOL yeah it didn't come out the way i wanted it to. I fixed it.
Would one of you military guys and/or guys on the job be able to shed some light on the deal with the reserves for me? I'm not actually certain how a candidate could know this, but if one is in the reserves and gets called to the academy; how does that work. I know that you are required one weekend a month of training and 2 weeks a year. I would imagine you would need to leave on a Friday for said training. And then obviously you're required by law to do that 2 weeks. What if the 2 weeks happens to fall during your hypothetical class? What I'm getting at, is it is probably a bad idea to sign up right now if you're relatively close yeah?
from what i remember 0600 is reville, 0730 is start of work day so as long as your there for muster by 0730 saturday your ok, also taps is 2200 so depending on your command you could probly leave before 2200 on sunday nite. its just the two full days that need to be fulfilled. anyway if you are reserve talk to your command if you have a legit shot at making the academy they will sympathise (maybe) and let you do 6 months of drilling over the course of 1 month. kinda like front loading, as long as your not deploying or involved in any other evolution where it is necessary you report
i dont know about other branches but i know the cg does a program called sumer stock where ou pretty much go on active duty for the summer to a unit and then that fullfils the requirement for the year
someone else may be abble to fill you in better on summerstock, iam told its used only at seasonal places during the summer months and shuts down afterward , i know station block island was one, since noone goes here in the winter and the school and living was rough on dependants they shut it down in the winter months, plus station montauk and air station cape cod are so close it was just a drain on the branch as well as its memebers...like being the hotel keeper in the shining
someone else may be abble to fill you in better on summerstock, iam told its used only at seasonal places during the summer months and shuts down afterward , i know station block island was one, since noone goes here in the winter and the school and living was rough on dependants they shut it down in the summer months, plus station montauk and air station cape cod are so close it was just a drain on the branch as well as its memebers...like being the hotel keeper in the shining
[QUOTE=coldblood92;1359315]do they want everyone's W2s from the last 5 years or just military peoples[/QUOTE
it dosent say anything about past w-2s, unless you claim residency. then they want 2010 and 2011 or the equivalent for example i did real estate sales and do not get a w-2 i get a 1099. since i dont recieve a salary
other than the 2x2 photo i think is a very similiar list,
I already picked up my w2 from 2011 and 2010 for residency. But guys on here saying they need as far back as 2007 and im ike UGHHHHH
Keep in mind, your command will most likely require you to make those days up during the week. The dates you pick to do your drill should be dates that you have nothing going on. I know CPAT is supposed to be Mid April-MAy 18th, so I wont be drilling on any of those dates.
And lastly, you can always just request to be excused from drill all together (Same form, SUTA). I know someone who did this for Corrections. Me personally, I wanted this year to count towards retirement!!
And yes, If you expect to be in this Summers academy, I would hold off until after your Proby time before entering the reserves. The military will always be there. FDNY is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Thats the way I look at it anyway...Hope this helped, if not PM me.
So I was f***ed up. Sorry all.
My policy is, I am just waiting for my investigation meeting before I do anything else!
No news or good rumors for the guys 750+ on the list? ****ing **** SUCKS