Like Tree9618Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

He said right now 60 have passed the medical, not 60 total. They would not put a class of 200 in, because that would mean that they could fill 1/3 of the class with OC candidates.. and they probably would.

I believe the rumors that they will probably try not to touch the OC list for this class, but I also believe they are going to fill 320 spots one way or another.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYGUY28 View Post
    youll just have to retake the stairs in the same sequence you did it the first time. If your heart rate isnt where its supposed to be at by the 5 min mark they will tell you to keep going for 8 . Train every other day and do more weight and more time and at a faster steprate then what they say . Because IMO that stepmill is faster than 60 steps per minute.
    Can you turn on your private messages?

Forum Member

maybe they get about 250 from EMS/PH counting the people recycling from the first class? PHs have been taking their medicals for just under 2 months now if memory serves me right.

Forum Member

Is that 150 EMS the last of the eligibles or do more remain? The more I hear, the more I feel it's going to be a waiting game until next July, if economy doesn't mess up or something else unforeseen.

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

I know this is completely off topic, but just for my own curiosity, if I get employed by FDNY for ems would it be easier for the investigators to do a background check on me even though I'm in the oc list whenever and if ever they call my list number since I would already be employed by them?
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    I know this is completely off topic, but just for my own curiosity, if I get employed by FDNY for ems would it be easier for the investigators to do a background check on me even though I'm in the oc list whenever and if ever they call my list number since I would already be employed by them?
    Whatever you're thinking, just stop it. What do you care if it's easier on them? The background investigation is the same no matter who you are, or if you already work for them. The primary concern is that there is a higher standard applied to firefighter candidates due to the peace officer status. Everyone in EMS gets the same type of background check that OC people get because EMTs/paramedics aren't peace officers.
    ffbam24 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Whatever you're thinking, just stop it. What do you care if it's easier on them? The background investigation is the same no matter who you are, or if you already work for them. The primary concern is that there is a higher standard applied to firefighter candidates due to the peace officer status. Everyone in EMS gets the same type of background check that OC people get because EMTs/paramedics aren't peace officers.

Ok fair enough I was just curious that's all. Reguardless I'm gonna still apply for the emt position, I want to be part of the FDNY one way or the other but my heart will always be set for firefighting. Now here's other question for you mm, if I apply for emt and while I wait I get my paramedic cert while I wait for my emt list number, once I get my paramedic cert will they be able to change it from emt to paramedic instead if they have t reached my emt list number yet? Or will I have to wait another year to apply again?
    Last edited by FdnytolifeE293; 05-08-2013 at 07:41 PM.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

Forum Member

If that rumor were true, it would be the worst. It's already been almost two years since the filing period for the test and then to not hire off the list that late in the game would be crazy. I mean, I know I'm not the only one who has completed all the pre-hire steps. I just want to get in as soon as possible (if I get in that is).

Forum Member

Shouldn't te PH's be done with the medicals by now? If so then they should have an idea of how many passe, right? if they are saying 60 passed then that should mean only 60 PH's are eligible or am I reading into this wrong?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Shouldn't te PH's be done with the medicals by now? If so then they should have an idea of how many passe, right? if they are saying 60 passed then that should mean only 60 PH's are eligible or am I reading into this wrong?
    Investigations, and CPATs are still going on.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Shouldn't te PH's be done with the medicals by now? If so then they should have an idea of how many passe, right? if they are saying 60 passed then that should mean only 60 PH's are eligible orls am I reading into this wrong?
    Sounds like 60 have passed so far and that the medicals might still be ongoing.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

If list 2000 is not touched, the countdown doesn't start..then, hypothetically wouldn't more people in the end be hired? So.. That's a good thing?.. Right?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    Can you turn on your private messages?
    Should be on

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Investigations, and CPATs are still going on.
    Investigations are still going on for PH's?

MembersZone Subscriber

Man, these PHs are killing you guys. Hang in there; seems pretty bleak now but it'll get better. I would plan on this happening a couple times until city hall sees enough diversity to shut the feds up. Bloomberg may not be on board with them, but he sure as hell doesn't want to hear any more crap. I don't know what percentage is deemed appropriate, but some bean counter has it figured out. Also, have no doubt that attempts will be made to fudge the scores of PH candidates who fail something in order to get them on. This is big time politics here, and the job as a whole IS going to suffer for it. What's happening to you guys now is just the beginning; pretty soon lives are going to be in the hands of almostthere and company.
    ffbam24 and FDsouthbxNY like this.

Forum Member

Anyone going to CPAT training tonight?

Forum Member

Hi Guys,
    First post but I've been a long time follower of this thread. Thanks for all the great info!

Just took my CPAT yesterday, another box checked! Anyone from Jersey looking for a training partner? These long runs are getting pretty tedious by myself. I'm in the ocean/monmouth county area.

Oh and a heads up for all us waiting for Medical appointment dates. My investigator told me the cut off for July has passed so don't expect anything for a while. However, my list number is 63X. Just food for thought.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeNoVowel View Post
    Hi Guys,
    First post but I've been a long time follower of this thread. Thanks for all the great info!

Just took my CPAT yesterday, another box checked! Anyone from Jersey looking for a training partner? These long runs are getting pretty tedious by myself. I'm in the ocean/monmouth county area.

Oh and a heads up for all us waiting for Medical appointment dates. My investigator told me the cut off for July has passed so don't expect anything for a while. However, my list number is 63X. Just food for thought.
    Hi joe,

Im sure im not going to be the only one who's thinking this but if you live in jersey how are you even taking the fdny test if you have to be a resident of New York city or the surrounding counties? Just wondering? Anywho good luck to you .

Forum Member

Hi joe,

Im sure im not going to be the only one who's thinking this but if you live in jersey how are you even taking the fdny test if you have to be a resident of New York city or the surrounding counties? Just wondering? Anywho good luck to you .
    new york residency is not required to take the FDNY written exam.
    JoeNoVowel likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    I thought you had to be a resident of the city and or resident of rockland, orange , westchester or dutchess county new york. I'm pretty positive that it is a requirement. Im going to look it up now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    i was right you do .

To be hired as a New York City Firefighter, you must:

Pass both the computer-based test and physical ability test;
    Be a U.S. citizen at the time of appointment;
    Be at least 21 years of age;
    Be able to prove your identity and the right to obtain employment in the United States under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986;
    Meet established medical and psychological guidelines and pass a drug screening;
    Demonstrate proof of good character and pass a background investigation;
    Be able to understand and be understood in English;
    By the date of appointment, have a four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and at least 15 college semester credits earned as a result of satisfactory completion of course work at a college or university accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education or; full time military service with an honorable discharge; or 6 months of full time, satisfactory paid work experience;
    Hold a valid New York State motor vehicle driver's license;
    Be a resident of one of the five boroughs of New York City, or live in Nassau, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Suffolk or Westchester County;
    In addition, you will be required to be a Certified First Responder with Defibrillation (CFR-D) by the end of your probationary period. FDNY provides a CFR-D training program during the probationary Firefighter training course. Upon successful completion of FDNY's CFR-D course and receipt of our CFR-D certificate, payroll deductions will commence at a rate of $30 per pay period until the total cost of the training course is recouped by FDNY. Those who fail to obtain a CFR-D by the end of probation will be terminated.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/co...s_080106.shtml

Forum Member

I thought you had to be a resident of the city and or resident of rockland, orange , westchester or dutchess county new york. I'm pretty positive that it is a requirement. Im going to look it up now.
    At the time of appointment. Basically as in the day you get hired on.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    At the time of appointment. Basically as in the day you get hired on.
    Doesnt say by time of appoinment. It says and i qoute "

Hold a valid New York State motor vehicle driver's license;
    Be a resident of one of the five boroughs of New York City, or live in Nassau, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Suffolk or Westchester County;"

Forum Member

You have to be a resident by the time of appointment. The only thing is that he wouldn't be able to claim res points on the exam. Unless he has family and mail going to their house this whole time while he's living in jersey. Believe me there's a few people like that out there in this crazy planet
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

Forum Member

deleted......
    Last edited by FDNY4Eva; 05-09-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Thread Information