Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 404 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 304354394401402403404405406407414454504904 ... LastLast
Results 8,061 to 8,080 of 23173
Like Tree9082Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

So Iam guessing the 5 years are 2008-2012. Just checked mine online being a student the past 3 years I got alot of 0s next to 2012 it says not yet recorded
    Last edited by myles8683; 02-28-2013 at 01:37 PM.

Forum Member

Haven't seen anything in the packet that says we'll need a social security earnings statement. Am I missing something?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    So Iam guessing the 5 years are 2008-2012. Just checked mine online being a student the past 3 years I got alot of 0s next to 2012 it says not yet recorded

I went 2007-2011 because my 2012 info wasnt there either and my tax returns have been filed for weeks now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe smith View Post
    Haven't seen anything in the packet that says we'll need a social security earnings statement. Am I missing something?
    Just get it, trust us, you'll need it.
    zachryw2001 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Someone posted this list a while back of documents they were required to bring to 6019. I know some of these were not asked to bring along but im going to bring them anyway just in case they ask for it. Im not trying to create any confusion either, just thougt i'd re-share this info as it might be helpful for some of you.

1. Fingerprint fee $75
    2. If ever arrested for a crime or received a summons other than a moving violation, bring: a) a complete notarized statement “explaining” the incident, and b) an original disposition from the court involved.
    3. Residency proof
    4. W2’s and social security detailed earnings statement for the past five years, plus a recent pay stub
    5. Proof of self employment
    6. Proof of unemployment
    7. High school diploma, or GED with scores
    8. Post-high school requirements (college transcript, 6 months full time employment, or active military with honorable discharge)
    9. Copy of Dept of Health birth certificate
    10. Record of any legal change of name
    11. Valid NYS drivers license
    12. Copy of Social Security card
    13. Marriage certificate, divorce or separation papers
    14. All correspondence regarding workman’s compensation claims
    15. Original discharge or separation papers from the military (DD-214) and/or veterans disability claims, and any disciplinary action paperwork you received
    16. Selective Service Registration record (www.sss.gov(http://www.sss.gov/)). If active Reservist, unit name and address17. BP-51 and DP-2488 questionnaire signed and notarized (these are FDNY forms, you’ll get them with your packages)
    18. 2x2 inch photo in business attire
    19. Signed education and employment consent forms (you’ll get these forms from FDNY, also).

Edit: Had to fixed it. It was all together when I copied and pasted it.
    Is this all needed for the initial appointment to hand in the background investigation packet?

Forum Member

A woman can do it; there are no excuses !

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/02/...-to-join-fdny/

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Thanks. I feel that I'm out of the loop living out of state and just want to make sure I don't miss something.
    Congrats Zach !!! You live out of state and received a list number that high.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Just get it, trust us, you'll need it.
    What about someone who's only worked part time jobs and has been a full time student?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by NYsFinest_28 View Post
    Congrats Zach !!! You live out of state and received a list number that high.
    Thank you.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Is this all needed for the initial appointment to hand in the background investigation packet?
    No. This is a list I posted a while back on what we needed for 6019. Use it as reference (you'll likely need it all pretty soon) but the only things you NEED for the initial intake are the things the letter from CID tells you you'll need.
    J0hnnyb0y likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchBK View Post
    Was at the academy today for CPAT training and even was lucky enough to partially witness one of the fire drills in a smoking building, it was sick. But its harder than I expected, especially with the vest on and if you have feet over size 10, your gonna have a problem with your toes getting crunched in the stepmill but cardio cardio and more cardio, and youll be fine goodluck
    Why does your entire foot need to be on the step? You can step just as effectively with some of your heel hanging off so your toe isn't crunched.

Also nows a good time to remember the CPAT isn't that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    What about someone who's only worked part time jobs and has been a full time student?
    Were those part time jobs legal ones where you still had taxes taken out and such? If so, they'll show up on the SS statement.
    zachryw2001 and Jukez like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    I went 2007-2011 because my 2012 info wasnt there either and my tax returns have been filed for weeks now.
    SS Earnings statements don't work off your tax returns so don't expect 2012 to be updated for some time. Your employer has to have the W-2 to SS by Feb 28th but it can take them 6+ months to log it into the system. That's a good call going 2007-2011 because you could be in the academy before SS gets around to it.
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Why does your entire foot need to be on the step? You can step just as effectively with some of your heel hanging off so your toe isn't crunched

Were those part time jobs legal ones where you still had taxes taken out and such? If so, they'll show up on the SS statement.
    Yes, if they were taxed, they are listed.
    Also true on the step mill, one thing I hate is that the steps move slow, I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. It feels like you have to slow your pace down, and you can't get in a rythem. But if you are in shape, should be doable.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Yes, if they were taxed, they are listed.
    Also true on the step mill, one thing I hate is that the steps move slow, I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. It feels like you have to slow your pace down, and you can't get in a rythem. But if you are in shape, should be doable.
    If you practice at that pace enough you will gain a rhythm, albeit a slow one.
    FFwnt2b likes this.

Crikey!
    It's a stepmill. One foot after the other.
    It's not rocket science.
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Just went back and talked to someone else and you are correct. There is an earnings statement (online) and a detailed earnings statement (have to pay for).

Also just called CID they want the Detailed Earnings Statement.
    Were you guys able to get the detailed earnings statement from the ss office? I went to my closest ss office today and tried to get a copy of the statement. They said they dont do that anymore and i needed to go online, set me up an account and print it from there. I did that but it doesnt look very detailed and i didnt have to pay any fees. Did you guys mail that form to the ss office?

Forum Member

@ManhattanMedic , It's awkward since the stairs move slow and I literally need to watch every step, so I don't get my toes crushed every time, and if I move back a little and stand on my toes, it's 100% calves. But how do I get a "notarized" explanation of all my arrests? I figure I can just type it up and bring it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    If you lived at home with your parents at any point after highschool you will need a notarized letter from your mom or dad stating that you live with them and that they supported you during whatever the time frame was. That's what I had to do despite the fact that I was working
    Exam 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 9xx

Forum Member

ran a 1.5 mile in 9 flat earlier today haven't ran in over 3 months my previous best was around 11 mins I haven't bn running but I've bn doing crossfit hard about 4-5x a week never felt stronger or faster its not a gimmick and ignore all the nay Sayers **** is real. Also those concerned about losing strength my squat deadlift bench shoulder press have all improved and I've introduced Olympic lifting such as snatches and jerks which are amazing.... So if anyone is ****tin a brick right now about the cpat or the run and your pressed for time to get in shape CROSSFIT
    FD Exam # 2000
    Score- 102
    List- 10xx
    CPAT- Passed
    Psych- Passed
    Medical - Passed
    Retest for stairs -Passed
    Medically cleared for hire....."can't wait" -Bart Scott

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by frankp88 View Post
    ran a 1.5 mile in 9 flat earlier today haven't ran in over 3 months my previous best was around 11 mins I haven't bn running but I've bn doing crossfit hard about 4-5x a week never felt stronger or faster its not a gimmick and ignore all the nay Sayers **** is real. Also those concerned about losing strength my squat deadlift bench shoulder press have all improved and I've introduced Olympic lifting such as snatches and jerks which are amazing.... So if anyone is ****tin a brick right now about the cpat or the run and your pressed for time to get in shape CROSSFIT
    That's really awesome, and I def agree about CF. That said, if you really haven't run in 3 months, and your first time out you chop 2 minutes from your 1.5 mile time and ran 6 minute mile pace for 9 minutes, you're BEGGING for an injury. I'd suggest moderation. Just because your cardio has improved enough for you to run that time doesn't mean that you aren't abusing the hell out of leg muscles you haven't used for months.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Thread Information