Like Tree11285Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I think he was saying that he's going to just take the money. That guy said that back in January so I don't think he meant that his friend is going to just take the money and not take the job offer. At least thats how I took it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    These people already got the money? what about the appeals process?
    There is no money yet. The monetary value will be severely effected by the 2nd Circuit. How they rule on "intentional discrimination" will determine whether or not compensatory damages will be awarded. Back-pay might be more of a reality, but money for people who do not take the job or are no longer eligible is less likely.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    There is no money yet. The monetary value will be severely effected by the 2nd Circuit. How they rule on "intentional discrimination" will determine whether or not compensatory damages will be awarded. Back-pay might be more of a reality, but money for people who do not take the job or are no longer eligible is less likely.
    Thanks for the good info.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    FINALLY! Some of the fitness award winners numbers.... 111 push ups, 68 sit ups, 1.5 miles in 8:12 and 30+ pull-ups.. I have about a year and a half to crush these numbers.
    That guy is a beast. Only one person beat him on the run, but they couldn't compete on the other numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by OAK View Post
    Sorry if im getting ahead if myself here but do you know if the sit ups, push ups and pull ups are timed events?(like max under a minute) and do these guys have the choice of picking the house they want to go to?
    Situps are timed, it's as many as possible in 1 minute. hands must be interlocked behind your head, knees up. 1 rep is up until your elbows touch your knees, and then back down till your hands touch the floor.

Pushups are not timed, but they are not done at your own pace. They set a pace/cadence (I think it's 2 seconds per pushup). Do as many as possible.

I don't think pullups are timed.

The fitness award winner does get to actually have some choice, not sure how much (he might get to pick his top 3 battalions, while the rest of us have to pick which borough we'd like). The fitness award winner for this class is also a squad leader, so he already had some power anyways (squad leaders get a say in where they want to go as well).

Quote Originally Posted by firehopeful88 View Post
    ... Shoulder!...
    Do whatever you have to do in terms of seeing multiple doctors, 2nd opinion, whatever, but if they say get it fixed then definitely do so. Then, you really do need to disclose that. As others have said it's about your own personal safety, and the safety of those around you. Not to mention, just the academy itself could tear apart your shoulder and leave you functionally disabled before you've even begun. Yes it'd suck to get DQed for that, but really man that's not something you want to **** around with. Your shoulder is the most complex joint in the body and any irreparable injury would mean major changes to your quality of life.

Re the 1.5 mile run. Did it today in 10 minutes flat. Far from the best in the class, but still an awesome time for myself. A map of the course is linked below. Start at the blue dot, go counterclockwise around one complete time, and then on the 2nd loop you stop at the red dot.

http://i.imgur.com/JhXw5RX.png
    River6019 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Re the 1.5 mile run. Did it today in 10 minutes flat. Far from the best in the class, but still an awesome time for myself. A map of the course is linked below. Start at the blue dot, go counterclockwise around one complete time, and then on the 2nd loop you stop at the red dot.

http://i.imgur.com/JhXw5RX.png

Any uphill/downhills on this path?

Also, not busting your balls, just curious....what is your schedule like now that you're able to post at this time?

Forum Member

With those numbers, "beast" is an understatement. For guys like me who love challenging our physical abilities this is what is all about though. I can match with him in most areas, but those 111 push-ups and 8:12 mile..... I have a bit of work to do lol...

Forum Member

By the way MM, congrats man. Wanted to send you a PM but this mobile format is crap.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Any uphill/downhills on this path?

Also, not busting your balls, just curious....what is your schedule like now that you're able to post at this time?
    No the course is incredibly flat.

I don't care to discuss the scheduling specifics, but very early in the morning to mid-afternoon is the trend for days where we are not doing hands on training.

Forum Member

How does it work with the Pacer? Does he just run an 8 minute mile and as long as you are ahead of him you are good?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by neal2578 View Post
    How does it work with the Pacer? Does he just run an 8 minute mile and as long as you are ahead of him you are good?
    That's it. They of course do have someone at the finish keeping exact time.
    FDNYGUY28 likes this.

Forum Member

That's it. They of course do have someone at the finish keeping exact time.
    so there is a pacer in the run ? I didnt know that. Does he really run an 8 min mile or is he going faster? I think that would be pretty hard to get down exact lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdsouthbxny View Post
    here's the rumor mill. Now, this is a rumor mill that was started by a chief with 3 stars on his collar, so take it for what it's worth. The next class will begin in the last week of july. There are 150 eligible candidates from ems. Despite the 3:2 court order, the rest of the class will be comprised of quota hires. Right now, 60 people have passed medicals from the judges list. They will not start hiring off of the oc because they don't want the clock to start when they won't be hiring many off the list.

Like i said, rumors.....we shall see.
    more time to get in shape
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    more time to get in shape
    Exactly...this gives people who are at the bottom of the list more of an opportunity I would think so and hope so. You top guys just worry about what you can control which is get even more in shape. By the time they call you guys I think the instructors would be more then surprised and pleased with you guys. Maybe they won't have enough wind to keep up with you guys lol
    Last edited by FdnytolifeE293; 05-10-2013 at 11:09 PM.
    I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

have you guys seen the marriage proposals at the Rock yet. This is great.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...6pLid%3D311301

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    have you guys seen the marriage proposals at the Rock yet. This is great.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...6pLid%3D311301
    I spoke of these a few pages ago but didn't really say it outright. There were like 5 proposals on Family Day. One group had 3, which they did all at the same time.

Forum Member

I spoke of these a few pages ago but didn't really say it outright. There were like 5 proposals on Family Day. One group had 3, which they did all at the same time.
    amazing!!I I can only imagine how awesome that day was for you guys and family.

Forum Member

Hey guys - I've been following this forum for a while now. My nerves finally took their toll and I created an account to get in on the action. Just like most of you I am wondering when my time will come and have so many questions.

My list number is 42XX and I'm thinking i'll be in one of the last classes made up from this test. Otherwise, I may try and go the EMT route just to ensure a spot if my number doesn't get reached. What do you guys think?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYHockey View Post
    Hey guys - I've been following this forum for a while now. My nerves finally took their toll and I created an account to get in on the action. Just like most of you I am wondering when my time will come and have so many questions.

My list number is 42XX and I'm thinking i'll be in one of the last classes made up from this test. Otherwise, I may try and go the EMT route just to ensure a spot if my number doesn't get reached. What do you guys think?
    dont think your number will have a problem being reached
    they are probably going to have 8-10 classes from this list with 320 in each class (not including the first class)
    8 classes * 320= 2560 spots plus a 1/3 ratio is list number 7680
    nick0525 likes this.

Forum Member

Saw a few pages ago someone posted about having to take a methacholine test because they had seasonal allergies. Just wondering if it's necessary to put down that you have allergies if you just get a runny nose or irriatated eyes every once in awhile. I have awhile until I get to that stage, but just inquiring.
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Forum Member

I hope that's the case. In the grand scheme of things waiting 2-3 years is peanuts, especially for the best job in the world. I may do EMS just to be on the safe side, I'd kick myself in the a** big time if something were to happen.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    Saw a few pages ago someone posted about having to take a methacholine test because they had seasonal allergies. Just wondering if it's necessary to put down that you have allergies if you just get a runny nose or irriatated eyes every once in awhile. I have awhile until I get to that stage, but just inquiring.
    I know this process is nerve wracking, but you have to calm down a bit. If the sum total of your allergies is the occasional sniffles, nobody needs to know about it. If it's something that you had to see allergists for and required heavy duty treatments that are on record, disclose it. Either way, this IS NOT a deal breaker. Half the Western world has mild seasonal allergies; if they DQ'd for that there'd be no fire department at all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by apples&oranges View Post
    dont think your number will have a problem being reached
    they are probably going to have 8-10 classes from this list with 320 in each class (not including the first class)
    8 classes * 320= 2560 spots plus a 1/3 ratio is list number 7680
    Does this account for PH's?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    I know this process is nerve wracking, but you have to calm down a bit. If the sum total of your allergies is the occasional sniffles, nobody needs to know about it. If it's something that you had to see allergists for and required heavy duty treatments that are on record, disclose it. Either way, this IS NOT a deal breaker. Half the Western world has mild seasonal allergies; if they DQ'd for that there'd be no fire department at all.
    Thank you for the response, much appreciated!
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Does this account for PH's?
    yes and no depending on what they do with the first class. i believe all the numbers i included are conservative because they should have no problem holding more then 8 OC classes during the 4 years of the list and over time the ratio could grow larger the 1/3

Forum Member

And in October (when I got my #), there I was thinking I'd be going through processing and CPAT by this winter/next summer. Silly me haha...
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Thread Information