Like Tree11270Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I would never apply for corrections. I'm not into getting **** and **** thrown at me. That job sucks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYPDtoFD View Post
    No No No my friend. You said it's "served Europeans" so I want an example. Don't give me some BS Google search. I want an example where a European man or woman used this statute to their benefit against a minority party.

Forum Member

from wikipedia:
    An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an argument made personally against an opponent instead of against their argument.[2] Ad hominem reasoning is normally described as an informal fallacy,[3][4][5] more precisely an irrelevance.[6]
    From Michael Scott:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/0fa12cdb1...h9g0o1_500.jpg

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Bro, that was a home run! I thought I had the good joke.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    Bro, that was a home run! I thought I had the good joke.
    you know what they say, close your eyes & swing hard in case you hit something.

Forum Member

If you guys are looking to drop weight and get in the best shape possible Nutritional Cleansing is the way to go. Inbox me for details and I can send some info out for you to read.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by neal2578 View Post
    If you guys are looking to drop weight and get in the best shape possible Nutritional Cleansing is the way to go. Inbox me for details and I can send some info out for you to read.
    No thanks, I usually avoid eating stuff that gives me the quickstep; I'm certainly not paying anyone for the privilege.
    FDNYGUY28 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    No No No my friend. You said it's "served Europeans" so I want an example. Don't give me some BS Google search. I want an example where a European man or woman used this statute to their benefit against a minority party.
    I'm hearing crickets; guess he's not as smart as he thinks.
    neal2578 likes this.

Forum Member

Assignments are out everyone got an engine
    vekdoggs75 and FDNYGUY28 like this.

Forum Member

How many in total graduated?

Forum Member

I wonder if them all getting assigned to an engine had anything to do with them all being EMS since engines go on EMS runs as well.
    DJ_Reverse likes this.

Forum Member

Don't worry about that yet. Like I said, EVERY house goes to fires. Brooklyn has EVERYTHING, from private dwellings to giant tenements to office buildings. You want to start there. But whatever house you go to is the best house in the city.
    And the fires are much hotter in Brooklyn. lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by apples&oranges View Post
    Assignments are out everyone got an engine
    Can you post the order? I don't see it on the fdny.gov website.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Tappe v. Alliance Capital Management
    http://www.gibbonslaw.com/news_publi...ication_id=556

From the site:
    Conclusion
    The Court's decision is significant in that employees in New York who do not fall into the traditional protected classes may still pursue claims of employment discrimination and not be held to a higher standard because they are viewed as part of the "majority." Thus, employers should treat complaint and claims of employment discrimination raised by "non-traditional" employees in the same serious manner as they do for other employees.

I posted the "let me google that for you" link not to be a wisea** but to encourage self-research; if anyone wants meaningful conversation about the case, TVII, or philosophy in general (since I am now a qualified "philosophizer") send me a PM. I have plenty of time to answer questions while up in the OEEO office at police headquarters, lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Takethedoor174 View Post
    Can you post the order? I don't see it on the fdny.gov website.
    sorry dont have it got the info from someone otj

Forum Member

The Court never said people were skipped over. They found that they couldn't read and that knowing how to read isn't important. LOL don't try to spruce it up, your getting money for being illiterate.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 05-16-2013 at 02:59 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Tappe v. Alliance Capital Management
    http://www.gibbonslaw.com/news_publi...ication_id=556

From the site:
    Conclusion
    The Court's decision is significant in that employees in New York who do not fall into the traditional protected classes may still pursue claims of employment discrimination and not be held to a higher standard because they are viewed as part of the "majority." Thus, employers should treat complaint and claims of employment discrimination raised by "non-traditional" employees in the same serious manner as they do for other employees.

I posted the "let me google that for you" link not to be a wisea** but to encourage self-research; if anyone wants meaningful conversation about the case, TVII, or philosophy in general (since I am now a qualified "philosophizer") send me a PM. I have plenty of time to answer questions while up in the OEEO office at police headquarters, lol.
    So by looking at three key phrases here, "traditional protected classes, viewed as part of the "majority, "non-traditional" employees" it seems like your even your example knows full well that white males haven't benefited from this in the past and this is a rarity that its occurring at all.
    vekdoggs75 and BrooklynBorn like this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Would anyone know why this whole class got sent to engines? Just curious.

MembersZone Subscriber

"Encourage self research"? What are you, a teacher? The law is of course in place to protect everyone; in this case, it's been twisted by a judge with an agenda. And he asked you for a specific time when it's been used by a "European", as you put it; not a conclusion that states it could be used by someone not normally in a protected class.

I am glad you plan to remain at 1PP; we don't want effete snobs like you in the firehouse.
    BrooklynBorn likes this.

Forum Member

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Would anyone know why this whole class got sent to engines? Just curious.
    Best place to start. It's always better for a proby to be where water is. In the past, guys went to trucks out of proby school because there was room for them there. Now we're so under head count they can fill up the engines with probies. Truck work requires some experience because you wont have the hoseline right with you.
    Mtk123 likes this.

Forum Member

Best place to start. It's always better for a proby to be where water is. In the past, guys went to trucks out of proby school because there was room for them there. Now we're so under head count they can fill up the engines with probies. Truck work requires some experience because you wont have the hoseline right with you.
    How under head count would you guess they are gonna be after these probies go in, if you don't mind me asking? thanks.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

First day back on the track in a year; 2.5 miles in 20 minutes(8min mile) and I was hurting really bad with 3 laps left...
    Did 40 yards spirits after.
    Gonna add in mid distance interval training in about a week and a half

Main goal minimum- 3 miles in 20 minutes(6:40 mile) and at end of cardio days with 75lbs 3 sets of 5minutes stairmill moving faster than pace set on CPAT (thats like level 7 right?)
    Last edited by coldblood92; 05-16-2013 at 06:07 PM.

Forum Member

Can anyone explain what the "decon training" is? Something to do with that last group starting 5 days later?

Forum Member

Makes sense. Do you work in an engine or a ladder company? If you've done both, which do you prefer? Also, do engine companies do more medical runs than ladder companies?

Thread Information