Like Tree10467Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #10401
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blazingorilla View Post
    First off, I want to salute the new graduates and all the candidates trying to get on. I have been following this forum for almost a year. It has been quite helpful, and enlightenment has come in all sorts of forms...I have seen people give helpful tips on doing the job, and I have seen sooo much misinformation passed around its laughable...

    But before I go further, let me give a few facts about me..I AM a proud member of this brotherhood. Very proud. I have honor about it. I wash my departments engine and clean our tools with vigor without being told. I love training and encourage others in this honorable field to do so. This is the only job I wanted to do as a kid, and I practically grew up in a firehouse. I have been in REAL situations suppression-wise, and have been blessed to be taken under the wing of knowledgeable, BC`s, Captains, lieutenants and fellow firemen with a wealth of knowledge.

    I have witnessed death of my fellow brothers, and have faced it several times. I have argued with brothers I couldn't stand in one breath, and would have gave my last breath to that same individual. Needless to say, I'm proud of what I do. Its not about, being a s***bag and not speaking your first year unless spoken to...@the f***in idiot that said this...how can a person learn? Ugh.
    I say all of this to say that...I'm a black MAN. nothing whatever derogatory name you want to call me on here, because not only will I run circles around you on a box, but I can guarantee you won't say any negative to my face.

    I'm a PRIORITY HIRE. I got a 99.5 on the test. A 100 on the cpat exam and born and raised in the hood, so I didn't shack up with 5 dudes in one room, so I got the residency credit. Fdny did not call me. For. No. Reason. I gave them a current address. I didn't have any felonies. No drugs. I lived in the projects. No call. No letter.

    Understand this..I WILL take the $ they offer, because I should have been hired. No doubt. I will take the job, because this is what I was BORN to do. And if you gentlemen get enough courage to actually approach me and ask my score, list or view on the case? In person? Haaaa. Anybody of any background and hue would take this deal..stop with the BS..cowards. you want to identify me? I'm the one working the hardest...first to get there, last to leave. Let the hate begin.
    Finally someone who backed up what I was saying about scoring high and mysteriously not getting called! Goodluck! At the end of the day these guys have to work with you and back you up weather they like it or not, when in a fire u have no skin color, race or nationality. What are they going to do turn there back on you cause ur a PH?
    blazingorilla likes this.

  2. #10402
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blazingorilla View Post
    I'm a PRIORITY HIRE. I got a 99.5 on the test. A 100 on the cpat exam and born and raised in the hood, so I didn't shack up with 5 dudes in one room, so I got the residency credit. Fdny did not call me. For. No. Reason. I gave them a current address. I didn't have any felonies. No drugs. I lived in the projects. No call. No letter.
    You're full of crap. If you got the score you said you did they would have called you. Period. Troll elsewhere. And if they didn't, (which they absolutely would have) you should have called them. If you don't have the sense to pick up a phone and ask why you haven't been called, you have nobody to blame but yourself. And you need to take that up with DCAS, not FDNY. They're the city agency that forms the lists.

    And it's laughable that you would make fun if internet tough guys after that little diatribe. Remember this: your prior department experience means NOTHING if you actually get on this job. Take your unearned money and enjoy your politically correct victory for now, but know you have to earn your place on this job. Blatant lies and threats you know you'll never have to actually deal with ain't the way to go.
    Last edited by teufelhunden36; 05-18-2013 at 09:36 AM.

  3. #10403
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marc3071 View Post
    Finally someone who backed up what I was saying about scoring high and mysteriously not getting called! Goodluck! At the end of the day these guys have to work with you and back you up weather they like it or not, when in a fire u have no skin color, race or nationality. What are they going to do turn there back on you cause ur a PH?
    If you're buying into this guys line of BS, you're not too bright. He's on here looking to start a fight. And if he was telling the truth (he isn't), he was discriminated against by the DCAS, because they administer tests and make up the lists.

  4. #10404
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    What all these people who come on here saying they got passed up by the FDNY for no reason don't seem to understand is THE FDNY DOES NOT RUN OR CONTROL THE HIRING PROCESS. An outside agency, DCAS does all the exams, and letters. And correct me if I'm wrong but DCAS is composed mostly of minorities. This is the same company that does the nypd and corrections (which is over 90% minority) hiring process as well. So this idea that the fdny passed up minorities because they didn't want them on the job is not only false, but technically not possible.

  5. #10405
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    If you're buying into this guys line of BS, you're not too bright. He's on here looking to start a fight. And if he was telling the truth (he isn't), he was discriminated against by the DCAS, because they administer tests and make up the lists.
    Not buying into anyone's story! But at the end of the day whether you agree or not Phs are getting hired. Everyone must prove themselves on this job! Are u going to let a man go down because hes a PH hire? Obviously this man was offered a second chance and I don't think anyone here being given that opportunity would pass it up! Sorry thats just my opinion.

  6. #10406
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poconos, Pa
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    You're full of crap. If you got the score you said you did they would have called you. Period. Troll elsewhere. And if they didn't, (which they absolutely would have) you should have called them. If you don't have the sense to pick up a phone and ask why you haven't been called, you have nobody to blame but yourself. And you need to take that up with DCAS, not FDNY. They're the city agency that forms the lists.

    And it's laughable that you would make fun if internet tough guys after that little diatribe. Remember this: your prior department experience means NOTHING if you actually get on this job. Take your unearned money and enjoy your politically correct victory for now, but know you have to earn your place on this job. Blatant lies and threats you know you'll never have to actually deal with ain't the way to go.
    When I saw his original post I thought to myself.. I can't wait until you see this.. You will lose your mind.

    Thank you sir.

  7. #10407
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blazingorilla View Post
    First off, I want to salute the new graduates and all the candidates trying to get on. I have been following this forum for almost a year. It has been quite helpful, and enlightenment has come in all sorts of forms...I have seen people give helpful tips on doing the job, and I have seen sooo much misinformation passed around its laughable...

    But before I go further, let me give a few facts about me..I AM a proud member of this brotherhood. Very proud. I have honor about it. I wash my departments engine and clean our tools with vigor without being told. I love training and encourage others in this honorable field to do so. This is the only job I wanted to do as a kid, and I practically grew up in a firehouse. I have been in REAL situations suppression-wise, and have been blessed to be taken under the wing of knowledgeable, BC`s, Captains, lieutenants and fellow firemen with a wealth of knowledge.

    I have witnessed death of my fellow brothers, and have faced it several times. I have argued with brothers I couldn't stand in one breath, and would have gave my last breath to that same individual. Needless to say, I'm proud of what I do. Its not about, being a s***bag and not speaking your first year unless spoken to...@the f***in idiot that said this...how can a person learn? Ugh.
    I say all of this to say that...I'm a black MAN. nothing whatever derogatory name you want to call me on here, because not only will I run circles around you on a box, but I can guarantee you won't say any negative to my face.

    I'm a PRIORITY HIRE. I got a 99.5 on the test. A 100 on the cpat exam and born and raised in the hood, so I didn't shack up with 5 dudes in one room, so I got the residency credit. Fdny did not call me. For. No. Reason. I gave them a current address. I didn't have any felonies. No drugs. I lived in the projects. No call. No letter.

    Understand this..I WILL take the $ they offer, because I should have been hired. No doubt. I will take the job, because this is what I was BORN to do. And if you gentlemen get enough courage to actually approach me and ask my score, list or view on the case? In person? Haaaa. Anybody of any background and hue would take this deal..stop with the BS..cowards. you want to identify me? I'm the one working the hardest...first to get there, last to leave. Let the hate begin.
    Lol trolling hard

  8. #10408
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    When I saw his original post I thought to myself.. I can't wait until you see this.. You will lose your mind.

    Thank you sir.
    That's actually all he'll hear from me. I've heard that the Vulcans are having people come on these forums and try to get personal info to use against people. Be careful you don't deal with this guy.

  9. #10409
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poconos, Pa
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blazingorilla View Post
    First off, I want to salute the new graduates and all the candidates trying to get on. I have been following this forum for almost a year. It has been quite helpful, and enlightenment has come in all sorts of forms...I have seen people give helpful tips on doing the job, and I have seen sooo much misinformation passed around its laughable...

    But before I go further, let me give a few facts about me..I AM a proud member of this brotherhood. Very proud. I have honor about it. I wash my departments engine and clean our tools with vigor without being told. I love training and encourage others in this honorable field to do so. This is the only job I wanted to do as a kid, and I practically grew up in a firehouse. I have been in REAL situations suppression-wise, and have been blessed to be taken under the wing of knowledgeable, BC`s, Captains, lieutenants and fellow firemen with a wealth of knowledge.

    I have witnessed death of my fellow brothers, and have faced it several times. I have argued with brothers I couldn't stand in one breath, and would have gave my last breath to that same individual. Needless to say, I'm proud of what I do. Its not about, being a s***bag and not speaking your first year unless spoken to...@the f***in idiot that said this...how can a person learn? Ugh.
    I say all of this to say that...I'm a black MAN. nothing whatever derogatory name you want to call me on here, because not only will I run circles around you on a box, but I can guarantee you won't say any negative to my face.

    I'm a PRIORITY HIRE. I got a 99.5 on the test. A 100 on the cpat exam and born and raised in the hood, so I didn't shack up with 5 dudes in one room, so I got the residency credit. Fdny did not call me. For. No. Reason. I gave them a current address. I didn't have any felonies. No drugs. I lived in the projects. No call. No letter.

    Understand this..I WILL take the $ they offer, because I should have been hired. No doubt. I will take the job, because this is what I was BORN to do. And if you gentlemen get enough courage to actually approach me and ask my score, list or view on the case? In person? Haaaa. Anybody of any background and hue would take this deal..stop with the BS..cowards. you want to identify me? I'm the one working the hardest...first to get there, last to leave. Let the hate begin.
    First of all, how can you brag about taking the money? If you are born to do this job.. And protect the citizens of NYC.. You're willing to support raising taxes or causing other avenues or programs to be shortchanged because of you're greed? Yea.. Lets stick it to the tax payers because that's who is going to be paying for this in more ways then one..

    And I don't think anyone with the name gorilla should be stating racism..

    Either you're a troll. Or an idiot..

  10. #10410
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marc3071 View Post
    Not buying into anyone's story! But at the end of the day whether you agree or not Phs are getting hired. Everyone must prove themselves on this job! Are u going to let a man go down because hes a PH hire? Obviously this man was offered a second chance and I don't think anyone here being given that opportunity would pass it up! Sorry thats just my opinion.
    His second chance should come in the form of waiting for the next test, studying harder and getting a better grade. You know, like EVERYONE else, black or white, who didn't score enough to get hired. And I would leave NOBODY behind, but that doesn't mean we have to put up with this kind of smug BS from people who didn't earn their way on.

  11. #10411
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poconos, Pa
    Posts
    796

    Default

    And isn't the CPAT just pass/fail? I guess this guy got preferential treatment and got graded.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

  12. #10412
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Guys, seriously, don't talk to this blazingorilla guy. He's trouble, and I have a feeling he's trying to goad people into giving up their name or address. Don't respond to him, don't PM him, and don't open any PM he might send your way. And for the few of you who buy his line of BS, smarten up. The CPAT wasn't even the physical they used in 1997 or 2002, so how did he score 100 on it? And that's beside the fact that the CPAT is pass fail.

    MANY eyes go over the list before mailings start; if there were a conspiracy to keep minorities off the job, more than a few people would have to be in on it. This guy's story is pure, copperbottomed bull****. Please don't deal with this guy.

  13. #10413
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    And isn't the CPAT just pass/fail? I guess this guy got preferential treatment and got graded.
    He's referring to whatever exam he took and didn't get hired off of. The CPAT was only instituted in 2007. Previous exams had a graded physical agility test.

    I am not getting in the middle of this one.

  14. #10414
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    He's referring to whatever exam he took and didn't get hired off of. The CPAT was only instituted in 2007. Previous exams had a graded physical agility test.

    I am not getting in the middle of this one.
    The guys who took that physical NEVER refer to it as the CPAT; always the physical. I'm telling you, he's lying.

  15. #10415
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poconos, Pa
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blazingorilla View Post
    Thank you mm. I appreciate you clearing that up. And I respect your position.
    Lame? At least I'm not taking the free money.

    I'm done.

  16. #10416
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blazingorilla View Post
    First off lame, I have proof that I wasn't called. And as I stated, I didn't complain, I just moved on. Second, YOU shouldn't be telling anyone what and who to talk to. This is an open forum and I can say what I want, just like u have done to many people before. The cpat was very similar and I took it near the same location in queens where the cpat is now. And it WAS a numerical grade. On my yellow card that I got in the mail it said. 100.00. Not pass/fail like they have now. And for the record, I'm not a member of the Vulcan's,i don't "troll"( whatever that means) and I don't need anyone to post an address or give it to me. I'm saying if you are a MAN, don't tough talk on here when someone has a view..like I have seen you do many a day. I'm stating that stop prejuding people without knowing them, and if you approach ME that way, I'm going to address you. Simple s***.
    Some people just don't know or understand your position! Phs didn't make the rules they didn't file the lawsuit they didn't contact anyone they went about there lives and were contacted by chance and offered this opportunity! Who in there right mind would pass it up?

  17. #10417
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blazingorilla View Post
    First off lame, I have proof that I wasn't called. And as I stated, I didn't complain, I just moved on. Second, YOU shouldn't be telling anyone what and who to talk to. This is an open forum and I can say what I want, just like u have done to many people before. The cpat was very similar and I took it near the same location in queens where the cpat is now. And it WAS a numerical grade. On my yellow card that I got in the mail it said. 100.00. Not pass/fail like they have now. And for the record, I'm not a member of the Vulcan's,i don't "troll"( whatever that means) and I don't need anyone to post an address or give it to me. I'm saying if you are a MAN, don't tough talk on here when someone has a view..like I have seen you do many a day. I'm stating that stop prejuding people without knowing them, and if you approach ME that way, I'm going to address you. Simple s***.
    This is the last you'll hear from me: if this actually happened (it didn't, but we'll do it your way), and you DIDN'T call to find out what the deal was, you're a moron who shouldn't be trusted with a meter maid's ticket book, let alone other people's lives. Your own fault. How do you know it wasn't a simple mistake a phone call from you would have cleared up? You were "BORN" to be a fireman, after all. A phone call was too much for you? And so you moved to a different city?! You're full of it.

    Know what I think? I think you bombed the test, gave up and moved on. Then you saw this lawsuit and came crawling back with a BS story about a 99.5 and 100 on the CPAT (which wasn't even in use when you claim to have been discriminated against). NOBODY who took that physical calls or called it the CPAT.

    You weaseled your way on; that's life, and we who do the job have to accept it and try to turn you into firemen. Understand you caught a break, and no matter how long you've been a fireman elsewhere ( I don't buy you're a fireman at all, but whatever), you are now about to be an FDNY proby. You WILL be expected to act like one. If you really want this job, do so, and I guarantee you'll be accepted and well treated. If you want to whine about discrimination that didn't happen (not handing someone a job they didn't qualify for IS NOT discrimination), it'll be a rough 20 years for you. Do yourself a favor and do exactly like I said: shut the **** up and keep your head down.

    Oh, and enough with the "don't talk tough on the internet" routine; you've issued more empty threats and internet tough talk in four posts than any of us have in a month.
    Last edited by teufelhunden36; 05-18-2013 at 10:52 AM.

  18. #10418
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blazingorilla View Post
    How is it free $ when I originally scored extremely high and didn't get hired. Your delusional.
    No one is talking tough but you. Your attitude about " say it to my face" is redicilous, you know if some one even tried to tell you they disagreed with you being hired in a respectful way you would run and make an EEO complaint.
    No one on this forum has said anything racist about any one.
    People have only expressed their disapproval for PH's. not every minority is a PH. Actually I'm hearing only 80 of you are looking like you might make it so

    Honestly you should have called DCAS if they didn't call you. Why didn't you? You didn't really put in your due diligence. Why didn't you contact the vulcans then?

  19. #10419
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,294

    Default

    Please Mr Coombs ignore the typos. I am on my phone at work and can not edit.

  20. #10420
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blazingorilla View Post
    First, my name. I can call myself a gorilla since clowns like you would call me a monkey in secret. So yeah if imma be a monkey, imma be a gorilla. I mean damn, Big Griff, what are you like 5`3? Lol...its just a screen name.

    Now, sticking it to tax payers? Greed? Are you for real? I have LIVED IN THE CITY DAMN NEAR ALL MY LIFE!!! My family as well. Have you? Or did u just move here for the job because your starving for the residency credit like I have seen many on here try to scheme and do. Gtfoh with that. If I KNOW I'm going to bust my *** every day and go hard every day with a clear conscience, why not? You totally missed how I said you can ID me by my hard work ethic. But you read with eyes wide shut. You mean to tell me if it was you you wouldn't? I'm tossing the BS flag while I grab the nozzle from you. Lol. And for the record, I didn't brag I would take it, I said I WOULD take the $. Its an honest statement. And contrary to what you may think, its not to buy rims for my car with my homies, its to put me and my family in a better position. That's what MEN DO.
    That's a crap assumption to make, insinuating that people here are racist and would refer to you as a "monkey", or that the poster in particular you were replying to is racist. There's a huge difference between someone being upset about a legal action that was put in place and being a racist.
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.

  21. #10421
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takethedoor174 View Post
    Just a heads up the next probie class was moved to August
    Any word or idea how far back in August their pushing it back too?

    I'm just trying to think how much time is left for more medicals to be handed out. Just sayig if they have to give a month so that the candidate can take a 2nd medical (if they failed the first) and the class was, hypothetically speaking, Mid August, then that means they probably have until the beginning of July to give out medicals. With someone in the mid 200s having the medical in the end of May then I'd say it's safe to assume that people higher then 250 will be contacted for their medical. What do you guys think?

    As you can see I'm bored with a lot of time on my hands haha.. Plus figured I'd try and bring the forum back to business. Sorry if I confused anyone, it made sense in my head haha.
    dawk34 and FDNYGUY28 like this.

  22. #10422
    Forum Member
    FDNYGUY28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Any word or idea how far back in August their pushing it back too?

    I'm just trying to think how much time is left for more medicals to be handed out. Just sayig if they have to give a month so that the candidate can take a 2nd medical (if they failed the first) and the class was, hypothetically speaking, Mid August, then that means they probably have until the beginning of July to give out medicals. With someone in the mid 200s having the medical in the end of May then I'd say it's safe to assume that people higher then 250 will be contacted for their medical. What do you guys think?

    As you can see I'm bored with a lot of time on my hands haha.. Plus figured I'd try and bring the forum back to business. Sorry if I confused anyone, it made sense in my head haha.
    I was told by a BC that there wasnt a pushback yet. It was just an idea being thrown around by HQ. I was also told to keep training as if the july class is still going in on the 29th. Ill have a more concrete answer on monday. But this is coming from one of the Higher ups that ive known for most of my life. I believe his word.

  23. #10423
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNYGUY28 View Post
    I was told by a BC that there wasnt a pushback yet. It was just an idea being thrown around by HQ. I was also told to keep training as if the july class is still going in on the 29th. Ill have a more concrete answer on monday. But this is coming from one of the Higher ups that ive known for most of my life. I believe his word.

    Did your guy also say they were considering it because they weren't able to fill as many spots with the EMS/PHs as they thought they would?

  24. #10424
    Forum Member
    FDNYGUY28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Did your guy also say they were considering it because they weren't able to fill as many spots with the EMS/PHs as they thought they would?
    Basically . and A lot of people are failing the medical ( especially the stairmaster)
    Last edited by FDNYGUY28; 05-18-2013 at 01:56 PM.

  25. #10425
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    113

    Default

    For people taking the psych, just a heads up, you will need to provide a list of all your past schools and employment. If you have a long list like I do, you may want to just think about writing it all out the night before so it's easier to transcribe onto the form they give you.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 39 users browsing this thread. (4 members and 35 guests)

  1. fdnybk,
  2. k20dc2,
  3. MZigross,
  4. Smoove

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 05:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 09:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 04:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register