Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 417 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 317367407414415416417418419420427467517917 ... LastLast
Results 8,321 to 8,340 of 24131
Like Tree9400Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffthomas2002 View Post
    grok and fdsouthbronxny you are 100% wrong. i know the case inside in and out. i am not worried about how hight i scored. its a known fact that minorities were skipped due to their race. thats why the COURT ordered PH such as me a chance to be hired due to the factual EVIDENCE that was discovered in court. Just an FYI i was 6000 on the list and shoulve been hired in 06. it was admitted and even discovered that people that were not minority passed by me for NO reason. thats illegal folks. guess you guys forgot that. so PHs are not taking away opportunites from anyone. its those that choose to break the rules in an already corrupt system taking jobs away from the other people. funny thing is you two didnt even noticed that i stated that those of us that passed the written and agility were ALL BLACK we denied employment for no other reason but due to the color our skin. guess minorites and women are inferior to the racist white regeim. that is a fact

/\

HaHa ohhh boy,,, please man just stop it allready.,...who are you anyway?
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

grok and fdsouthbronxny you are 100% wrong. i know the case inside in and out. i am not worried about how hight i scored. its a known fact that minorities were skipped due to their race. thats why the COURT ordered PH such as me a chance to be hired due to the factual EVIDENCE that was discovered in court. Just an FYI i was 6000 on the list and shoulve been hired in 06. it was admitted and even discovered that people that were not minority passed by me for NO reason. thats illegal folks. guess you guys forgot that. so PHs are not taking away opportunites from anyone. its those that choose to break the rules in an already corrupt system taking jobs away from the other people. funny thing is you two didnt even noticed that i stated that those of us that passed the written and agility were ALL BLACK we denied employment for no other reason but due to the color our skin. guess minorites and women are inferior to the racist white regeim. that is a fact
    6000 wasn't good enough on exam 2043
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    List 2043 - #61xx
    List 6019 - #10xx
    List 2000 - #25xx

Forum Member

6000? Should have been hired in 2006? Huh, that's interesting, because they reached me 6 years ago, in 2007, and I had a score in the 3000's. So, how exactly did you leapfrog me and 3000 other people to be hired in 2006? Do us all a favor and answer this questions directly, don't dodge it.

Here's some more fact for you to add to your fiction: The last class from exam 2043 graduated in 2008. They had reached those with scores in the 5,000 range. A guy I work with came from that class, oh, and he's Puerto Rican. I guess he somehow slipped past the secret race police.

There is no factual evidence that anyone was passed over on the basis or race. That is a blatant and infuriating lie. There is no evidence because none exists. This hiring based on a quota (that's you) was decided upon because white candidates passed the exam at a higher rate than African Americans. That's called disparate impact. That is the ONLY reason that any portion of the process was deemed racially biased. In our new kindergarten world, no one is allowed to lose.

At no point ever (lets say that again, EVER) was anyone passed over because of the color of their skin. There is no room in the process for this and no one in the FDNY, DCAS or the City of New York would allow such an atrocity to occur.

So, you didn't get hired because while you passed, you didn't do well enough. 5,000+ people, of all racial background, did better than you and earned a spot they deserve. So, put the race card back in your pocket and take the blame yourself. You didn't get hired then because you weren't good enough.

Geeeez....can someone go get Almostthere? I may not have liked some of the things he said, but at least the guy agrees he wasn't discriminated against and that he's making the most of this gift of a second chance......he's looking like an all-star right now.....

Nice try troll.

Plus, I couldn't find the exact list number 2043 got to, but it was about 1000 short of even reaching you at 6000+.

Good luck in your future endeavors!

Forum Member

K back from cpat prep, interesting numbers. The guy running it, forgot the name, the one that runs the super marathons mentioned out of 40ppl that took the medical only 3 passed. They give you a chance to do each event, even the stairmill, 75lbs for 3:20. Some people in my group still hadn't been on a stair mill. Not to add to the fire but as I'm leaving one ph who said he failed his first medical on the stair mill said the whole testing is a pain in the *** and they should just give him the money they owe him...smh
    Also the vest they give you for the stairmill and cpat has the weight positioned i think better than some other vests out there, its beat up but their 75lbs felt lighter than mine when i have 50 on if that makes any sense. The weight is proportioned better. If you haven't joined a gym with a stair mill join please, its embarrassing falling off during cpat practice

Forum Member

Boy I tell ya, reading all this is really starting to make my blood boil. It makes me miss my time in the Army, you show up to a school and you either meet the standard or pack your bags and take your *** home. There was never any crying that you were discriminated against because you couldn't meet standards. Are they streamlining the process for these priority hires? I find it really odd that they're already taking their medicals and are being scheduled for their pysch evaluations. My list number is under 100 and the only thing I've being notified for is the initial interview at Metro-Tech. If any of you gentleman could shed some light on whats going on with them it would be greatly appreciated.

Forum Member

Had to jump in on this thread about the PHs. First thing is DCAS openly admitted that minorities were discrimanatted against in their hiring practices. There are in fact minorites that had successfully completed the written and agility and were never afforded an opportunity to continue through the process due to their race. FYI thats illegal. So there were no deficienies or anything else regard PHs. Majority of these are New Yorkers that served our country and still were denied a job. So their past or criminal history wasnt an issue. So they were DISCRIMINATED against because of their RACE. FYI that is ILLEGAL just in case anyone for got. Second as an african american and as a PH some of the comments i find offensive and distasteful. Over 10 years ago i passed the written and agility for FDNY. There is nothing in my character Nor do have any deficiency that would have disqualified me from the process. So for all of you racist, facist, biggots out there that assume that the PHs are holding you back is innacurate, immature, and racist. Some of you deserve a swift kick in the *** with a bag of reality before you go making any derrogatory comments towards any group of people regardless of race, gender, creed, religion etc....

No one has made any negative comments about being black, they have made negative comments about being a priority hire, but that is not racist.

People really need to learn the meaning of the word "racist", because it is being thrown around and miss used a lot of on here. Anything that includes black people that you don't like does not = Racist, you really need to learn the meaning of that serious word if you going to throw it around.
    Actually being hired because of the color of your skin is racist, so in fact the Priority Hires are benefiting from racist practices that discriminate against other non black males.

The rest of what you say is pure fantasy. DCAS has never ever admitted that blacks were discriminated against. You facts are wrong, just because you say them does not make them correct. The actual Lawsuit doesn't even allege that.

Your facts are wrong, you couldn't even comprehend that your list number was too high and you had years to figure it out.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 03-06-2013 at 11:38 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    K back from cpat prep, interesting numbers. The guy running it, forgot the name, the one that runs the super marathons mentioned out of 40ppl that took the medical only 3 passed.
    40 of what? PHs, OC?

I'm sure they'll get a few more chances though
    Exam 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 9xx

Forum Member

Hey all,
    Turning off the noise for a while, just wanted to wish all the best to everyone processing now, everyone patiently waiting in line, especially everyone like MM pushing through the academy, and everyone else adding helpful info to the board.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

So does any one know why the PH's are doing the medical first?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    So does any one know why the PH's are doing the medical first?
    Hopefully so they could get a good estimate as to how many more investigation packets they need to send out for the OC. Pure speculation I know I'm out for the summer class but am anxious to start the process and would feel better knowing i had a good shot at the winter one
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.
    FD Exam # 2000
    Score- 102
    List- 10xx
    CPAT- Passed
    Psych- Passed
    Medical - Passed
    Retest for stairs -Passed
    Medically cleared for hire....."can't wait" -Bart Scott

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by frankp88 View Post
    Hopefully so they could get a good estimate as to how many more investigation packets they need to send out for the OC. Pure speculation I know I'm out for the summer class but am anxious to start the process and would feel better knowing i had a good shot at the winter one
    Just hang in there and stay ready. You got a good list number so you're going to be hired at some point. I've said it to a few guys; trying to figure the list out will make you nuts. Train and enjoy life until you get the call. It will come before you know it.
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.

Forum Member

Thanks dude appreciate the advice
    FD Exam # 2000
    Score- 102
    List- 10xx
    CPAT- Passed
    Psych- Passed
    Medical - Passed
    Retest for stairs -Passed
    Medically cleared for hire....."can't wait" -Bart Scott

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    40 of what? PHs, OC?

I'm sure they'll get a few more chances though
    He never said from what pool, but all of the people at the cpat that had taken the medical where ph

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by arbrnrgr View Post
    Boy I tell ya, reading all this is really starting to make my blood boil. It makes me miss my time in the Army, you show up to a school and you either meet the standard or pack your bags and take your *** home. There was never any crying that you were discriminated against because you couldn't meet standards. Are they streamlining the process for these priority hires? I find it really odd that they're already taking their medicals and are being scheduled for their pysch evaluations. My list number is under 100 and the only thing I've being notified for is the initial interview at Metro-Tech. If any of you gentleman could shed some light on whats going on with them it would be greatly appreciated.
    Trust me them getting their medicals first is doing us a lot more good lol. There are guys that are not even failing for too high of a hr, they're just falling off before the 5:12. With the city doing it this way we'll have a better idea of how many oc might make july if any.

Forum Member

I seem to remember from my process with 6019 that I went to the intake interview, then to the psychological and then last to the medical. I can't remember when the CPAT was in the scheme of things.

I do remember at my CPAT that EMS took two guys out, laying on their backs. I also knew a guy who didn't train for the CPAT, bragged about now easy it was going to to be and then tore his quad at the test. I also remember at my medical, we had about 30 guys show up and only 5 passed.

I'm no expert on training or the stepmill at the medical, but I think being hydrated and controlling your breathing have something to do with passing. The pace of the test, meaning how fast the steps are rotating, seemed to be a 'leisurely' pace and slower than I would normally walk.

I'm at 2xx. It would be nice if we could get some clarity in what's going to happen in July, as unlikely as that is. This has been some stretch of waiting, I'll tell you.

Forum Member

I could be wrong but didn't Manahattan Medic say he took his medical before the CPAT and that the can administer the steps of the process in any order they want to ? If it wasn't MM that said it, I'm 99% certain someone else here said it.
    Last edited by TomFromQueens; 03-07-2013 at 09:12 AM.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I could be wrong but didn't Manahattan Medic say he took his medical before the CPAT and that the can administer the steps of the process in any order they want to ? If it wasn't MM that said I'm 99% certain someone else here said it.
    well the PH's are taking their medicals before the CPAT so it is happening now,I think any part of the process can happen at any time, but usually you end up taking your physical before your medical even though there's no rule that says you have to. If it was MM, maybe since they were EMS it made sense for them to go through the process that way.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Banned

PH are now taking their medicals. So yes you can take med before cpat. Some one said that only 3 guys pass the medical this is true, the other guys failed the step mill not because they could not stay on because their heart rate was too high. 4 was over weight. Most of them was emt mix with PH. They have to come back and stay on the step mil for 8mins. Only 6 of those guys failed off.

Forum Member

Does anyone know if they're still allowing guys to take the eye exam with glasses/contacts ? I know they allowed EMS guys but was that something they just allowed for the EMS guys or is it across the board. I just found out my current insurance, if I go to a lasik doc approved by them, they cover 25% of the procedure.
    List # 11xx

Thread Information