Like Tree9944Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    I'm not fighting with you. You don't get a say yet. That's the way it is. If you were a Marine, then you should know there's a time to talk and a time to shut up. This is the time for you to shut up.
    Look where you are. Your in a discussion forum for guys that took Exam 2000 and waiting to get into the academy. You've been a registered user on this site since 2005. That's pitiful. Just go back to watching your Rescue Me reruns. I'm not going to recite my General Orders because I have nothing to prove to you. Why you would choose a user name from WWI that means Devil Dog just makes you look like more of a mental case. Why you would target me for your idiotic hostility and how you believe you are an authority on anything is even more baffling.
    blazingorilla likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    Keep training for July gents. The rumors aren't adding up. Se rumors went around last class. My investigator got back to me a couple weeks ago after I requested a call back to touch base. He called me from HQ at 8:30 at night. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure they are getting this class in for the slated July 29th date. I hope the rumors are just that, rumors.
    Also, if they push the class back it could poss bring the class graduation to fall over Christmas and new years....don't see that happening. As of now with the current anticipated dates the next class would graduate around Dec 15th right before holidays. That gives staff at the rock some time off for holidays and gets investigators all setup for 2014 class 01. Either way I'm sure most of us anticipating this summer class are ready. If not, you got about 2 months. Giddy'up.

18 working days left in EMS. Studying daily. Focused. Praying everything goes as planned.

Enjoy your weekend guys.
    Christmas/New years have no effect on proby school timing.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nolan View Post
    Look where you are. Your in a discussion forum for guys that took Exam 2000 and waiting to get into the academy. You've been a registered user on this site since 2005. That's pitiful. Just go back to watching your Rescue Me reruns. I'm not going to recite my General Orders because I have nothing to prove to you. Why you would choose a user name from WWI that means Devil Dog just makes you look like more of a mental case. Why you would target me for your idiotic hostility and how you believe you are an authority on anything is even more baffling.
    Word of advice...delete this. Telling someone on the job to go watch rescue me reruns instead of posting here helping to dispell rumors, encourage those who act like they actually want the job, and show respect towards other adults...only makes you like a whiny tool.

Forum Member

Although you may not agree with what he says, teufelhunden has been a great asset to this thread providing answers and advice. I'm glad he is around because it gives us a link to the actual FDNY as opposed to a bunch of candidates who have no idea, continuing the spread of rumors. And what's wrong with having a Marine Corps username?

Forum Member

You do realize teufel is OTJ right??? He comes on here to give useful information and help candidates get on the job the right way. Ever hear the expression don't bite the hand that feeds you? Well right now the guys OTJ who post on this forum are essential tools for some of us to learn current FDNY culture as well as the hiring process. If you got a problem with that why don't you do us all a favor and stop posting on this forum. Also, for the record the guarilla guy should stop posting too. If you got so much damn pride in the department you work in now why don't you do us all a favor and stay there. I could just see your career in the FDNY being a complete disaster accounting by your horrible attitude.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    Word of advice...delete this. Telling someone on the job to go watch rescue me reruns instead of posting here helping to dispell rumors, encourage those who act like they actually want the job, and show respect towards other adults...only makes you like a whiny tool.
    I hear you man but the guy was coming at me for no reason at all when all I was trying to say is people need to stop the bickering in here, and he unloads on me like a lunatic. I'm not that worried about it, but all the best my man.

Forum Member

I hear you man but the guy was coming at me for no reason at all when all I was trying to say is people need to stop the bickering in here, and he unloads on me like a lunatic. I'm not that worried about it, but all the best my man.
    You thought THAT was unloading? Jesus christ. Even if that was unloading....your response was incredibly disrespectful and a perfect example of why many guys otj dont come here anymore.

Forum Member

You thought THAT was unloading? Jesus christ. Even if that was unloading....your response was incredibly disrespectful and a perfect example of why many guys otj dont come here anymore.
    I hear you man but nothing was directed at him until he came at me. I'm a veteran and I don't have to take that from a stranger on a message board.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYsFinest_28 View Post
    There's a good amount of us PD guys on here. Hopefully the transition will be a smooth one and PD doesn't screw us over.
    My Colleagues And supervisors Seem Cool With It. I Agree With You But I Think We Should Be Fine. Pm Me Your List Number And Info?

Forum Member

I hear you man but nothing was directed at him until he came at me. I'm a veteran and I don't have to take that from a stranger on a message board.
    And you think the proper response is to respond in kind? Insulting members of the dept you dream of being on because you cant control your temper on a message board is ridiculous. Being a Marine has nothing to do with it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Really bro? I'm all against this PH stuff but you have no right to say something like this. That is straight up racist ****. You don't know these people to come out your mouth like that. You have no clue about their lives to be talking crap about how hard they work or not. If you want to make a point write to them like a man and stop with your racist remarks.
    First of all how is this racist? I mean you can take it how you want it.. If you're implying that all minorities are on welfare and food stamps then you seriously missed my point..

Apparently you didn't see the " I work hard to do what you get handed for nothing" or the " don't expect sympathy from people who have fought and struggled to get something when you didn't"

I could care less if you are on food stamps, welfare, unemployment, WIC,SNAP, whatever..

It would imply that maybe you are the racist since you took that from my post.. Either way.. I'm not racist..I've volunteered to go back overseas to fight along side my brothers.. The brothers I've bled with, cried with, laughed with..so don't call me a racist without knowing me. K. Thanks

Forum Member

I'm done posting on here for a while.

Good luck to those who are about to make it, and congrats to those that did..

OC, promo, and PH together.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian_patrick View Post
    You do realize teufel is OTJ right??? He comes on here to give useful information and help candidates get on the job the right way. Ever hear the expression don't bite the hand that feeds you? Well right now the guys OTJ who post on this forum are essential tools for some of us to learn current FDNY culture as well as the hiring process. If you got a problem with that why don't you do us all a favor and stop posting on this forum. Also, for the record the guarilla guy should stop posting too. If you got so much damn pride in the department you work in now why don't you do us all a favor and stay there. I could just see your career in the FDNY being a complete disaster accounting by your horrible attitude.
    Fellas and Ladies,

We need to stop arguing and bickering with each other, that's exactly what some people want us to do. Those people are probably laughing at us as they read all these post. There has been numerous senseless fights that have done nothing but bring negativity to this forum. Sometimes it's best to keep your mouth shut and not interject if you disagree with something that was said. This isn't directed at anyone in particular so please don't start a fight with me, I just want peace.

Like almostthere said lets keep this full of "informative information" lol.

Forum Member

Wow, just passed CPAT today. Got back from 3 weeks vacation two days ago. Have'nt worked out in nearly a month and done alot of drinkin lol. Dont know how i did it but its done. Now time to get back on track..

Congratulations to Manhattan Medic and all those that made it thru. And congratulations to all u guys on here who have completed various steps in the process.
    coldblood92 likes this.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by marc3071 View Post
    Some people just don't know or understand your position! Phs didn't make the rules they didn't file the lawsuit they didn't contact anyone they went about there lives and were contacted by chance and offered this opportunity! Who in there right mind would pass it up?
    Me.
    The stigma that will follow most all of these individuals is beyond comparison.
    And the few that have made their presence known here, have made sure to let all of us know they have an IGM attitude and have such an air of entitlement, it is sickening.
    Again, they are willing to take blood money and shiite all over you and this job.
    Knowing this, if it were me, no, I would not take it.
    But then, I have a conscience.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Wow, just passed CPAT today. Got back from 3 weeks vacation two days ago. Have'nt worked out in nearly a month and done alot of drinkin lol. Dont know how i did it but its done. Now time to get back on track..

Congratulations to Manhattan Medic and all those that made it thru. And congratulations to all u guys on here who have completed various steps in the process.
    Because with the CPAT, you have to be completely out of shape, unable to follow directions, or actually trying to fail it.

MembersZone Subscriber

As far as blaze goes, what my brothers said.

jack, I saw what you were getting at initially. But really?! Rescue Me?!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post

For real. Everyone knows we watch Maury.

Forum Member

High 200's here. Bro I really hope the rumors are true, and that I will get my medical date soon and get into the summer class..

I am training hard, knowing that the more training I do now, the easier the academy will be..

I just passed the NYPD medical last thursday, so I wonder... How similar is the FDNY medical to the NYPD medical?

NYPD medical wasnt that bad, the only real surprise was the social media check (I was like... wtf really? lol).
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    High 200's here. Bro I really hope the rumors are true, and that I will get my medical date soon and get into the summer class..

I am training hard, knowing that the more training I do now, the easier the academy will be..

I just passed the NYPD medical last thursday, so I wonder... How similar is the FDNY medical to the NYPD medical?

NYPD medical wasnt that bad, the only real surprise was the social media check (I was like... wtf really? lol).
    I don't know how similar, but the medical steps are listed in this thread a few pages back. There is no Social media check, but that doesnt mean you can post naked drunk pictures. LOL

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Bigredladder View Post
    Can any one anwser my question. Why was some ff delayed in getting hire even when thier test score was higher then other???
    What are you talking about? If you would like an answer to a question, how about structuring it so it can be understood. I think you're asking why some firemen were hired before others when their test scores were higher. The answer to that question is this: that hasn't happened, so there's no point to your question.
    Last edited by teufelhunden36; 05-18-2013 at 09:53 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

I simply informed you that your station in life with regards to this job is rock bottom, and that you should act accordingly. I'm a Marine combat vet, decorated and wounded, almost 40 years old and when I got to my house I was pushing 24 year old kids with a year on out of the sink to get the dishes done before them. While they sat and drank coffee and joked around I was sweeping floors, shining poles and going over every single part of the rig. I woke up an hour before to make sure coffee was ready and came into work an hour and a half early to send a guy home who barely has to shave. Without a word of complaint. That's what you're walking into, so if a little ribbing on a message board bothers you, or you think you're owed something because you're a vet and don't have to play the game like everyone else, walk away now.

Oh, and besides fighting a war, I have a few years in the firefloor. So if you think I should have to put up with crap from a frigging candidate who hasn't so much as caught a whiff of smoke on a message board you got a screw loose.
    Last edited by teufelhunden36; 05-18-2013 at 09:56 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Bigredladder View Post
    Why was some FF delayed in being hired when it was proven they score higher then other that was hired before them.
    Try this: Why WERE some FF delayed in being hired when it was proven THAT they SCORED higher THAN OTHERS that WERE hired before them? Proper English does wonders

Once again, this hasn't happened. You get hired in the order that your list number comes up, based on your test score. That basically means a guy who gets 100 will be hired before a guy who gets a 90. Now, a guy with a high score may have a problem that would keep him from going into a class (broken ankle, military service etc), in which case someone with a lower score goes into a class first, but that guy is still hired first and will get back pay and seniority that goes back to when he was called once he can go into a class.

Is this a PH question? Because those guys DID NOT score higher than the guys who were hired over them.
    Last edited by teufelhunden36; 05-18-2013 at 10:06 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

For real. Everyone knows we watch Maury.
    It's like a plane crash, train wreck and car accident rolled into one; you can't stop watching it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post

At least he didn't say Chicago Fire.

Thread Information