Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 419 of 1169 FirstFirst ... 319369409416417418419420421422429469519919 ... LastLast
Results 8,361 to 8,380 of 23380
Like Tree9149Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #8361
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Only three mintues, that is great. Thanks for the info.
    No wonder you failed the test twice; you can't read. It's a 3 minute WARMUP; the actual test is 5 minutes 12 seconds. You have to read the WHOLE thing first before answering. This is where the reading comprehension part that the vulcans say you don't need comes into play.
    HopefulFF, vekdoggs75, OAK and 3 others like this.


  2. #8362
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Read it one more time...
    LOL, thanks.

  3. #8363
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    No wonder you failed the test twice; you can't read. It's a 3 minute WARMUP; the actual test is 5 minutes 12 seconds. You have to read the WHOLE thing first before answering. This is where the reading comprehension part that the vulcans say you don't need comes into play.

    LOL at failed the test twice. I only took it once in 02 passed and took it 2013 and guess what, I passed. Maybe we should go out on a date, because you love replying to me. They say, if someone is constantly harassing you, more than likely that person has a crush on you.

  4. #8364
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Almosthere its a relief to have to back. That other PH who was claiming Racism but had a list number 1000 numbers too high had us hoping you would come back.
    HopefulFF, River6019 and OAK like this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  5. #8365
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Anyone going to their investigation tomorrow? Hope to see some of you guys eventhough the weather is getting pretty bad.

    Anyone knows the closest train station to metro tech?
    F,A,C,R Train to Jay Street - Borough Hall , or you can take a handful of trains including LIRR to Atlantic Ave - Barlcay Center. My gym is right down the block, so I pass by the building almost everyday, but my interview isn't for another 3 weeks Lol nerve-wrecking
    mannyjay likes this.

  6. #8366
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnatchBK View Post
    F,A,C,R Train to Jay Street - Borough Hall , or you can take a handful of trains including LIRR to Atlantic Ave - Barlcay Center. My gym is right down the block, so I pass by the building almost everyday, but my interview isn't for another 3 weeks Lol nerve-wrecking
    also lawrence st stop was changed to "Metro Tech" its the local stop before court and after dekalb on the R. Its a block away from Jay and different train lines.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  7. #8367
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    LOL at failed the test twice. I only took it once in 02 passed and took it 2013 and guess what, I passed. Maybe we should go out on a date, because you love replying to me. They say, if someone is constantly harassing you, more than likely that person has a crush on you.
    I had intended to go right back to ignoring you but I have to now wave the bullsh*t flag. First off, when we say "passed" we mean that you received a score in hiring range; the guy at the bottom of the list technically passed, but he has no hope of being hired before the list runs out and has "failed" to get on the job. So, when we apply the word "failed", in your case, it means you didn't get a score in hiring range and thus have not earned the job you are now being handed. I realize you aren't too bright, but surely you can grasp this very simple idea.

    Now, onto that bullsh*t flag. You stated on more than one occasion you took two tests; one you were contacted for but never hired and another you never got a grade on. Now you say you only took it in 02 and this half baked one they cooked up to get you guys on the job. Which is it?

    We are not in second grade; there's no crush. A weak, pathetic attempt at a comeback like that will get you roasted in the firehouse, and you're going to have problems going in, so I 'd work on that.

    And this isn't a reply; it's me simply taking every opportunity that comes to mock you and the pathetic route you're taking for what you're doing to the job. Guys on here don't seem to like it, but I don't really care. Expect me to slam you every time you creep up on here.
    Last edited by teufelhunden36; 03-07-2013 at 01:22 PM.

  8. #8368
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    your mothers house
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Hi! I'm new to this Forum. I'm sure its been asked and answered before but can anyone tell me when candidates from the open competetive exam will begin admittance into the academy, or when to expect further information by mail, weather it be my packet or some other info. I keep getting conflicting information about the scheduling of the next few classes. I'm a Marine Veteran with a test score of #101. My list number is 219X

    Thanx,
    Jack

  9. #8369
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Edited.............
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 03-07-2013 at 03:06 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  10. #8370
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Only three mintues, that is great. Thanks for the info.
    Cmmmmon man....I hope you're better than that.

  11. #8371
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    LOL at failed the test twice. I only took it once in 02 passed and took it 2013 and guess what, I passed. Maybe we should go out on a date, because you love replying to me. They say, if someone is constantly harassing you, more than likely that person has a crush on you.
    Almostthere why is there so much hate towards you??? Smh!!! Let that hate be your motivator... Don't even let it bother you.

  12. #8372
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Anyone running today?
    Last edited by Dannypanigale; 03-07-2013 at 03:11 PM.

  13. #8373
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    Almostthere why is there so much hate towards you??? Smh!!! Let that hate be your motivator... Don't even let it bother you.
    The short answer is he didn't meet the standard, got a second chance from an activist judge (who is hopefully soon to be overruled) based on his skin color, and now thinks he has every bit a right to this job as the guys who got good scores who will now have to wait to get on. And isn't afraid to let them know that. That's why.

  14. #8374
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    Almostthere why is there so much hate towards you??? Smh!!! Let that hate be your motivator... Don't even let it bother you.
    I don't think most of us really hate any of the PHs. Most of us understand that this is a dream situation you guys have been handed and would in fact be crazy to pass it up. The agitation comes from the fact that up to 293 people are skipping the line and getting second or third chances just based on skin color. As it is about 8000 of the top scoring people from this test WILL have their dreams held up for at least 6 months to ameliorate an in justice that never actually occurred.

    This of course is in addition to the THOUSANDS of candidates who's lives have been in total limbo for over 5 years and counting because of all this lawsuit BS. Trust me, I don't hate any of you, this is just the last place in the world you should come on and state things like I'm a PH get over it. In fact I don't know why you'd ever want ANYONE to know you are a PH, I cant imagine it will make your career easier.

    Believe me, I think we'd all rather Garaufis came onto the forum so we could just vent directly to him haha.
    List # 12XX

  15. #8375
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    The short answer is he didn't meet the standard, got a second chance from an activist judge (who is hopefully soon to be overruled) based on his skin color, and now thinks he has every bit a right to this job as the guys who got good scores who will now have to wait to get on. And isn't afraid to let them know that. That's why.
    I was asking almostthere...but ok!!! You really need to get over this anger that you have against him. Bashing him every time he say something is so childish...

  16. #8376
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Lol what ???
    Im just jk. Every one knows the joke
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  17. #8377
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Almostthere, how many Priority Hires are being processesed along with you for the July class and from your opinion after going through the process with them how many do you feel actually have a legitimate shot at passing all the steps?

  18. #8378
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I don't think most of us really hate any of the PHs. Most of us understand that this is a dream situation you guys have been handed and would in fact be crazy to pass it up. The agitation comes from the fact that up to 293 people are skipping the line and getting second or third chances just based on skin color. As it is about 8000 of the top scoring people from this test WILL have their dreams held up for at least 6 months to ameliorate an in justice that never actually occurred.

    This of course is in addition to the THOUSANDS of candidates who's lives have been in total limbo for over 5 years and counting because of all this lawsuit BS. Trust me, I don't hate any of you, this is just the last place in the world you should come on and state things like I'm a PH get over it. In fact I don't know why you'd ever want ANYONE to know you are a PH, I cant imagine it will make your career easier.

    Believe me, I think we'd all rather Garaufis came onto the forum so we could just vent directly to him haha.

    Well said, in a most respectful way.

    Also, epic use of the word 'ameliorate'.
    vekdoggs75 and River6019 like this.

  19. #8379
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    I was asking almostthere...but ok!!! You really need to get over this anger that you have against him. Bashing him every time he say something is so childish...
    I don't have to do or get over anything. All of us on the job now and the guys on the OC/Promo lists EARNED our places; if you honestly think the PHs are going to not only come on this job, but then brag about how they were put on by a judge instead of earning it without us having something to say about it, you got a screw loose.
    Last edited by teufelhunden36; 03-07-2013 at 03:03 PM.
    ffbam24 and sffdnyhopeful09 like this.

  20. #8380
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Im just jk. Every one knows the joke
    Knock that sh*t off. That's as close to a race joke as can be, and aside from racism being wrong, that kind of trash is exactly how the vulcans gained traction in the first place. That's not what our job is about.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 37 users browsing this thread. (11 members and 26 guests)

  1. 4040clubBouncer,
  2. 7andchange,
  3. Blinkster,
  4. chadxmerch,
  5. FDsouthbxNY,
  6. k20dc2,
  7. Mtac288,
  8. Praying_Patiently ,
  9. test2000,
  10. tmccormack24

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:08 AM
  2. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  3. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  4. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 11:16 AM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts