Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 422 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 322372412419420421422423424425432472522922 ... LastLast
Results 8,421 to 8,440 of 23409
Like Tree9175Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

When I was first reading your reply, I thought you meant yes that is a certified stupid question lol. Thanks.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Unless there's been an update since early Oct, I don't think the clock is running yet.

http://thechiefleader.com/news/civil...9bb30f31a.html

Readers should note that this roster has not yet been officially established for use and that once established, the eligible list changes over its four-year life as candidates are added, removed, reinstated, or rescored.

MembersZone Subscriber

How many people do they usually process at a time for intake interviews?
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Off subject but... Anyone here has experience with acupuncture? Feeling some stress on my shoulder blades. Possible muscles or maybe nerves.. Thank you in advance.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nolan View Post
    Thank you bro. With all this moronic bickering I wasn't sure I'de even get an answer.

My List number is close to yours. I made this case scenario of when my list number may be reached because I am pretty sure I will get called within the next 2 years.

Lucky Call: After summer 2013
    Probable Call: After winter 2013/2014
    Unlucky Call: After summer 2014
    Worst case scenario Call: After winter 2014/2015
    Last edited by DannyD0pe; 06-12-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Off subject but... Anyone here has experience with acupuncture? Feeling some stress on my shoulder blades. Possible muscles or maybe nerves.. Thank you in advance.
    If it's stress on your shoulder muscles the most common pain arrives from lack of working out your rotator cuffs. There are several mobility exercises to help you work out your rotator cuffs if that is the problem.

Forum Member

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/fi..._aerobic.shtml

This article is straight from the FDNY website and is very informative to help those improve their aerobic fitness necessary to pass the Medical and CPAT.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    If it's stress on your shoulder muscles the most common pain arrives from lack of working out your rotator cuffs. There are several mobility exercises to help you work out your rotator cuffs if that is the problem.
    I actually do rotator cuffs warm ups before every workout. I had rotator cuff injuries before and I'm sure that's not it. Someone mentioned scalene pressure points to me before and the symptoms seem pretty accurate so I was wondering if acupuncture might help with that.

Default Wow! That was a long day and you all have been busy.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Almosthere its a relief to have to back. That other PH who was claiming Racism but had a list number 1000 numbers too high had us hoping you would come back.
    Not me.

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Let him be. He is like a female, you won't win a debate/argument with him. He goes on and on and on. Also, when he joins the forum this is when it goes downhill because he likes to bash and his followers follow suit.
    "...like a female..."???
    We aren't racist nor are we sexist. There are women trying to get onto this job too pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    You are so right... I don't come here to be bash, This was one of the reason why I stop posting here. after reading some of the posting I thought every one was past all this BS!!! Some of you guys was posting good stuff but some of you guys are not looking for information you're looking to bash people, because they don't agree with your point of view. Or mad at a situation that a judge put you in not the one taking the job. Any one would be a fool if they pass working for the fdny up. Almostthere post some good information SOMETIMES and some of you guys are just ready to bash him for any little thing. A lot of you guys need to get over the whole PH and move on. No one can change it for now so let it go. focus on what you as a person need to do to move threw the process. Do you guys really think that PH are on their site talk about you guys all day, Hell NO!!!! They are focusing on the prize and that's what they need to do to become a firefighter. i am not wanted here So I will keep what I know to myself. Almostthere I will send you a private message for the link of the PH site and you are more then welcome to post and get real information. Every Monday and Wednesday there is a FDNY Mentor that post and answer question. i only ask that you please don't post the link on this site those guys on the PH site are not on this high school BS like some of the guys on here.
    Okay. Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyphill View Post
    the cpat that you guys take. is it the same as most of the other departments? where its the stairmaster, horse drag/pull, equipment carry and a few others that you have to complete i under 10 minutes? Im pretty sure there is only 1 cpat but i just wanted to double check.
    Horse drag? That's one helluva test. :P
    Asked and answered.

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Does anyone know how long I can anticipate being at metrotech for intake interview? Not that it matters I'd stay all day but was trying to plan stuff with the family afterwards.
    Unless they've changed it by now, you'll benefit from sitting up close to the front of the room. Don't be bashful and sit in the back when you come in if you can avoid it. Closer to the front, the sooner you'll be processed.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks bam, planned on sitting in front anyway
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Would rotator cuff injuries bar you from
    The dept?
    Exam 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 9xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Thanks bam, planned on sitting in front anyway
    I remember last time around guys saying to sit up front & to the left, but couldn't remember what part of the process this was for. It sounds like it may be the investigation.

Forum Member

During the intake, in the auditorium, they don't stress where you sit. Although I would sit up front anyways cause you watch a short film, and also you can hear what they say to you more clearly. It's at CPAT training, medical, etc. is where they want you up front and sitting next to each other.

Forum Member

What up fellas..I just have a quick question. I've been reading on here for a while and I want to know what exactly a PH is? It's not just a minority is it?

Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Does it sought of feel like tension or sought hard to describe ? It's pain but it doesn't hinder your movement or ability to work out, if so it sounds like the same thing I get. I've been dealing with it for years. What I finally did was got one of those shiatsu massagers for my computer chair. Whenever the feeling starts to get really bad I break out the massager and grind that spot in my shoulder blade for a good 30-40 minutes and it usually does the trick. This is the one I got,

http://www.homedics.com/massage/back...heat-2881.html

When it's grinds that spot where the knot is, it hurts so good lol.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Msmith897 View Post
    What up fellas..I just have a quick question. I've been reading on here for a while and I want to know what exactly a PH is? It's not just a minority is it?

Thanks
    PH = Priority Hire (court appointed candidates who are skipping in front of everyone on the OC based on race)
    OC = Open Competitive (people who took exam 2000 and are on the list ranked by how they scored)
    Promos = EMS promotional (candidates who took exam 2500 and are being promoted from the EMS)
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Does it sought of feel like tension or sought hard to describe ? It's pain but it doesn't hinder your movement or ability to work out, if so it sounds like the same thing I get. I've been dealing with it for years. What I finally did was got one of those shiatsu massagers for my computer chair. Whenever the feeling starts to get really bad I break out the massager and grind that spot in my shoulder blade for a good 30-40 minutes and it usually does the trick. This is the one I got,

http://www.homedics.com/massage/back...heat-2881.html

When it's grinds that spot where the knot is, it hurts so good lol.
    That's exactly what I get! I work out completely fine and when I actually get warmed up I don't feel it much at all. It doesn't feel like its swollen or anything but its just a really annoying pain. I was doing some research online and people say is some muscles that are on the side of your neck which can cause pain to your shoulders, upper back/traps area, triceps/biceps area and numbness to your index and thump tips. Sometimes are more intense than others. And this is exactly what I feel alot of times. I'll definetly check the massager out though since my girlfriend is too weak and it feels like a 4 year old Is massaging me lol.

And by the way Thanks alot for the tip bro.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just left intake interview. DON'T BE THE GUY/GAL TO SHOW UP LATE WEARING GYM CLOTHES!! Don't know how many people working there thought he was there for his medical. Looks kinda bad when everyone has suit and tie and you're in gym clothes.

It is true the earlier you get there the faster you are processed. As long as you have all your forms properly filled out and legible it shouldn't take long. If you used white out get a new one a fill it out again, don't know how many were still filling out the CPD-B as I was leaving. If you need it shoot me a message and I will email it to you.

Whatever forms you don't have they will give you a list and just tell you to bring it back when you do your medical.

You need 3 pieces of proof of residency even if you don't live in NYC. That's the only thing that I have to bring back.
    If you have college you need to bring your HS diploma AND have your transcripts sent to CID.
    You need a copy of your driving abstract from your state.
    If you have EMT or Medic bring your license, you're exempt from CFR-D.

Medical dates are being sent out in the mail along with written psychological.

Any questions just ask.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    PH = Priority Hire (court appointed candidates who are skipping in front of everyone on the OC based on race)
    OC = Open Competitive (people who took exam 2000 and are on the list ranked by how they scored)
    Promos = EMS promotional (candidates who took exam 2500 and are being promoted from the EMS)
    I should absolutely be more knowledgable about this process but I am a minority and not sure if I fall into that category. Let me be clear, I 100% agree with all of you about this subject. I don't feel like I deserve any preferential treatment during this hiring process. However, I am a veteran which is why I am somewhat high on the list. I'm just not sure if I'm a PH.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Msmith897 View Post
    I should absolutely be more knowledgable about this process but I am a minority and not sure if I fall into that category. Let me be clear, I 100% agree with all of you about this subject. I don't feel like I deserve any preferential treatment during this hiring process. However, I am a veteran which is why I am somewhat high on the list. I'm just not sure if I'm a PH.
    You would know!
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

Thread Information