Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 423 of 1144 FirstFirst ... 323373413420421422423424425426433473523923 ... LastLast
Results 8,441 to 8,460 of 22871
Like Tree8986Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

MembersZone Subscriber

Duplicate post

Forum Member

I guess I'm not...Why the "!" ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Just left intake interview. DON'T BE THE GUY/GAL TO SHOW UP LATE WEARING GYM CLOTHES!! Don't know how many people working there thought he was there for his medical. Looks kinda bad when everyone has suit and tie and you're in gym clothes.

It is true the earlier you get there the faster you are processed. As long as you have all your forms properly filled out and legible it shouldn't take long. If you used white out get a new one a fill it out again, don't know how many were still filling out the CPD-B as I was leaving. If you need it shoot me a message and I will email it to you.

Whatever forms you don't have they will give you a list and just tell you to bring it back when you do your medical.

You need 3 pieces of proof of residency even if you don't live in NYC. That's the only thing that I have to bring back.
    If you have college you need to bring your HS diploma AND have your transcripts sent to CID.
    You need a copy of your driving abstract from your state.
    If you have EMT or Medic bring your license, you're exempt from CFR-D.

Medical dates are being sent out in the mail along with written psychological.

Any questions just ask.
    My interview is at 1300hrs. But im already in the area. You think it would be smart to walk in now or just wait till maybe 30 mins before. I couldnt help but get here this early. I came from the bronx and had no idea how long the ride was going to be

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    My interview is at 1300hrs. But im already in the area. You think it would be smart to walk in now or just wait till maybe 30 mins before. I couldnt help but get here this early. I came from the bronx and had no idea how long the ride was going to be
    I'd say if you we're 40 minutes early you'd be good.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Better early than not, check your forms, and you will have a chance to make copies there in the waiting room.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Msmith897 View Post
    I guess I'm not...Why the "!" ?
    iPhone, big fingers, and walking lol
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

I should absolutely be more knowledgable about this process but I am a minority and not sure if I fall into that category. Let me be clear, I 100% agree with all of you about this subject. I don't feel like I deserve any preferential treatment during this hiring process. However, I am a veteran which is why I am somewhat high on the list. I'm just not sure if I'm a PH.
    Yeah, you'd def know if you were part of that BS lawsuit. But congrats, you are doing it the right way and people will respect you way more! Thanks for your service I hope you have a great list number man.
    vekdoggs75 and BrooklynBorn like this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

I appreciate that...did most of you take the previous exam or am I detonating an atom bomb by asking.

I'm 24XX

MembersZone Subscriber

I appreciate that...did most of you take the previous exam or am I detonating an atom bomb by asking.

I'm 24XX
    This was my first time testing for FDNY.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

Forum Member

I'm 24XX
    Haha, there's definitely more than a few of us that took 6019 myself included (as you might infer from my user name). Hence our general grumpiness towards the PH's and Garaufis. Its rough having your life put on hold for 5 years and knowing there's nothing you can do about it. Moving on though!
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

were any of you high on that list? that must be terrible

Forum Member

Some of us were done with everything just waiting to enter the academy. Tough tough I know.

Forum Member

Just left intake interview. DON'T BE THE GUY/GAL TO SHOW UP LATE WEARING GYM CLOTHES!! Don't know how many people working there thought he was there for his medical. Looks kinda bad when everyone has suit and tie and you're in gym clothes.

It is true the earlier you get there the faster you are processed. As long as you have all your forms properly filled out and legible it shouldn't take long. If you used white out get a new one a fill it out again, don't know how many were still filling out the CPD-B as I was leaving. If you need it shoot me a message and I will email it to you.

Whatever forms you don't have they will give you a list and just tell you to bring it back when you do your medical.

You need 3 pieces of proof of residency even if you don't live in NYC. That's the only thing that I have to bring back.
    If you have college you need to bring your HS diploma AND have your transcripts sent to CID.

Any questions just ask.

Hellooooooo! How many times has it been said before, on time is LATE! An hour early is on time. To be real, you don't need to be an hour early to the intake, BUT the academy, the firehouse? Always! Night tour starts at 6:00pm, you're there BEFORE 5:00pm. This is the mindset you need to get into.
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Forum Member

many of us were slated to enter the second class originally scheduled for january, 2009.

Forum Member

I was sub 1000 on 6019 - deferred the 1st class because I was a moron and then held up by the lawsuit.

Forum Member

Any questions just ask.

In regards to the HS diploma, I'm currently a full time college student. I went back to my highschool this week and got a copy of my transcript but they said they cannot give me another diploma. They claim that I must have it but I'm 99% sure I never got mine. Anyway the lady gave me a "certificate of graduation" instead. She told me that this usually does the job of replacing a diploma. What do you think? You also mentioned that i should "send my transcripts to CID". Does that mean send them my transcript prior to my interview or have a closed offical envelope and bring it to my interview? (because right now its inside an envelope from my school with a red stamp that says "Official Transcript")

Also; I just ordered my DMV driving abstract online. They said allow 2 weeks for it to arrive. My interview is in exactly 2 weeks. Do you think it will arrive on time or should I go down to the DMV and snag one?

Thanks!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Also; I just ordered my DMV driving abstract online. They said allow 2 weeks for it to arrive. My interview is in exactly 2 weeks. Do you think it will arrive on time or should I go down to the DMV and snag one?

Thanks!
    mine came in less than 2 weeks, if youre ordering a NYS one, and live in NYS you should get it quicker than that.
    Mtk123 likes this.

Forum Member

It seems like they give you time to get things in if you don't have them, but hopefully you get it sooner than that. It'll make things easier.....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    That's exactly what I get! I work out completely fine and when I actually get warmed up I don't feel it much at all. It doesn't feel like its swollen or anything but its just a really annoying pain. I was doing some research online and people say is some muscles that are on the side of your neck which can cause pain to your shoulders, upper back/traps area, triceps/biceps area and numbness to your index and thump tips. Sometimes are more intense than others. And this is exactly what I feel alot of times. I'll definetly check the massager out though since my girlfriend is too weak and it feels like a 4 year old Is massaging me lol.

And by the way Thanks alot for the tip bro.

Sometimes (rarely) I get weird pains where I cant relax. They go away over a week or two. I would try and stretch it out using a cable row or lat pull down, or maybe even the pull up bar. How do you know what a 4 year old massage feels like? jk

MSSMITH, No you are not a PH, you sounds like your earned your spot on the list more than fairly. You will not have any problems fitting in, don't worry about it.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 03-08-2013 at 02:31 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Sometimes (rarely) I get weird pains where I cant relax. They go away over a week or two. I would try and stretch it out using a cable row or lat pull down, or maybe even the pull up bar. How do you know what a 4 year old massage feels like? jk

MSSMITH, No you are not a PH, you sounds like your earned your spot on the list more than fairly. You will not have any problems fitting in, don't worry about it.
    Well I have a 2 year old who tries to give me massages so I multiply the strength by 2? Haha

Thread Information