Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 424 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 324374414421422423424425426427434474524924 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,480 of 24140
Like Tree9401Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

MembersZone Subscriber

What every your high school gives will be good, if you have college in a sealed envelope from your college with it stamped closed is fine. If you don't have something you can always take it to your investigator later.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Hows everyone liking the snow? I hate it, my outside running has been great and I'm making nice progress, i really hate missing running days. Today is my rest day so hopefully the street is somewhat clear tomorrow so i don't have to use a treadmill

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Hows everyone liking the snow? I hate it, my outside running has been great and I'm making nice progress, i really hate missing running days. Today is my rest day so hopefully the street is somewhat clear tomorrow so i don't have to use a treadmill
    I just finished up a 2nd stairmaster session of the day. Def alot more tiring doing it 2x a day!
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcfd31 View Post
    I just finished up a 2nd stairmaster session of the day. Def alot more tiring doing it 2x a day!
    2X a day, how's that work? You go in the morning and back in the afternoon or before workout and postworkout?

Forum Member

dude just go run. i'm going out and pretending i'm rocky running through siberia training to fight drago. use your imagination and make it fun
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

2X a day, how's that work? You go in the morning and back in the afternoon or before workout and postworkout?
    I get up 445 to go before work and then right after work. I dont do it all the time because u def feel it in the knees. But I figure if I can pass at a heavier weight on my 2nd session and after work I will be good to do for the medical. I do my 4 min without vest as warmup and then put vest on and get right on without rest. Once the medical comes around its cake when taking that 5 min rest in between
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Forum Member

ran in it this morning, it cost me about :20 on my minute mile, but i cant afford to skip any runs so just make the best of it. it sucks, but it's worth it

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    dude just go run. i'm going out and pretending i'm rocky running through siberia training to fight drago. use your imagination and make it fun
    If you've got a list number that could potentially put you into the next class stay out of this slush and use the treadmill set at a 2.0 incline. It's probably one of the last snows we'll get and you don't want to have to defer because you busted your ankle. The treadmill is effective enough that a few days on it won't hurt your time.
    FDsouthbxNY and profeshffd like this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    ran in it this morning, it cost me about :20 on my minute mile, but i cant afford to skip any runs so just make the best of it. it sucks, but it's worth it
    You have an outstanding list number; don't screw it up by hurting yourself. See the above post. Did you get the PM I sent you?

Forum Member

Youre one of the better posters on here (zack)

Great info..
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List #17XX

Forum Member

Default Question on everything we need for the Investigation Appointment ...

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Just left intake interview. DON'T BE THE GUY/GAL TO SHOW UP LATE WEARING GYM CLOTHES!! Don't know how many people working there thought he was there for his medical. Looks kinda bad when everyone has suit and tie and you're in gym clothes.

It is true the earlier you get there the faster you are processed. As long as you have all your forms properly filled out and legible it shouldn't take long. If you used white out get a new one a fill it out again, don't know how many were still filling out the CPD-B as I was leaving. If you need it shoot me a message and I will email it to you.

Whatever forms you don't have they will give you a list and just tell you to bring it back when you do your medical.

You need 3 pieces of proof of residency even if you don't live in NYC. That's the only thing that I have to bring back.
    If you have college you need to bring your HS diploma AND have your transcripts sent to CID.
    You need a copy of your driving abstract from your state.
    If you have EMT or Medic bring your license, you're exempt from CFR-D.

Medical dates are being sent out in the mail along with written psychological.

Any questions just ask.

Hey,

When we almost got hired back in December of 2008 we needed a few additional documents that it looks like we may not need this time around, these include:

1. Social Security Detailed Earnings Statements
    2. Selective Service Registration Record Number
    3. Notarized Questionnaire (I dont see anything that needs to be notarized in the new paperwork) and
    4. a 2"x2" photo in business attire

Have already been to your appointment with your Investigator, do we need any of these 4 things in addition to what it says we need in the current paperwork??

Hope to hear back from you soon, It's greatly appreciated.
    SnatchBK likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FDLAX17 View Post
    Hey,

When we almost got hired back in December of 2008 we needed a few additional documents that it looks like we may not need this time around, these include:

1. Social Security Detailed Earnings Statements
    2. Selective Service Registration Record Number
    3. Notarized Questionnaire (I dont see anything that needs to be notarized in the new paperwork) and
    4. a 2"x2" photo in business attire

Have already been to your appointment with your Investigator, do we need any of these 4 things in addition to what it says we need in the current paperwork??

Hope to hear back from you soon, It's greatly appreciated.
    Yes, I had my intake interview this morning. Of those 4 you definetly need the detailed earnings statement. You might need your selective service number record, not to sure tho since I was active duty for 6 years.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    You have an outstanding list number; don't screw it up by hurting yourself. See the above post. Did you get the PM I sent you?
    Yes, I got it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Yes, I got it.
    OK. Remember it. I think you're one of the guys on here who's going to become a great fireman. I wasn't looking to mess with you I just want you to know how things will be in the firehouse when you get there.
    HopefulFF likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Yes, I had my intake interview this morning. Of those 4 you definetly need the detailed earnings statement. You might need your selective service number record, not to sure tho since I was active duty for 6 years.
    You DEFINITELY need proof of registration with selective service. Google the website you can print a copy of it right off the computer.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    You DEFINITELY need proof of registration with selective service. Google the website you can print a copy of it right off the computer.
    I had it but she said she didn't need it because I was on active duty.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    That weird I was thinking the exact same thing today Lol

Forum Member

I've been Rocky probably close to 50 times in life, you noobs...
    HopefulFF, profeshffd and Jukez like this.

Forum Member

I had my intake yesterday, my investigator said nothing about a driving abstract at all. The only things she told I have to bring in are my 1099's from this year and my member 4 copy of my dd-214, I accidentally brought the member 1 copy.

You do need the social security detailed earning statement, it takes like 2 seconds to get once your number is reached (like the DMV), bring a $25 money order to pay for this at the Social Security office.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    I had my intake yesterday, my investigator said nothing about a driving abstract at all. The only things she told I have to bring in are my 1099's from this year and my member 4 copy of my dd-214, I accidentally brought the member 1 copy.

You do need the social security detailed earning statement, it takes like 2 seconds to get once your number is reached (like the DMV), bring a $25 money order to pay for this at the Social Security office.
    For the security detailed earning statement, will a printed copy from http://www.ssa.gov/ suffice? Or do I need to go down to the Social security office and get one from there?

Thread Information