Like Tree9891Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I signed up online, but they didn't check any list to let us in. They just took our name, address and twenty bucks and we were in right away. No waiting, no separate lines.

I only attended the one in Bed-Stuy so I can't speak for the other ones.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkjets75 View Post
    I signed up online, but they didn't check any list to let us in. They just took our name, address and twenty bucks and we were in right away. No waiting, no separate lines.

I only attended the one in Bed-Stuy so I can't speak for the other ones.

awesome, thanks.

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    awesome, thanks.
    Go to the one in Brooklyn. The guy that was on the news the other day was there. You know the guy that was denied access to the one in queens and was recorded on camera and then interviewed by the reporter.

Forum Member

I was able to locate the second video that I remember watching at the Vulcan session A class here is the link Tonight's Sky: February 2012. The video only lasted approximately 3 mins not the entire 6:50. If you attended portion B of the Vulcan information session can anyone chime in please thank you.

UPDATED:

Here is the lesson Plan A from when I attended the Vulcan meeting in Brooklyn.

If you would like the Lesson Plan A PM and I will e-mail it to you
    Last edited by prospectff; 03-08-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Forum Member

by any chance, does anyone know if you have to undergo the CFR-D training thats required if you're already EMT-B certified?
    Last edited by Baritome; 03-07-2012 at 04:04 AM.

Forum Member

Youll get the same training, but you wont have to pay for it. You will be the go-to-guy in the squad for help though.

Quote Originally Posted by Baritome View Post
    by any chance, does anyone know if you have to undergo the CFR-D training required by fdny if you're already EMT-B certified?
    To Persist is to Conquer.

Forum Member

By any chance did anyone get an email from fdny? And if so did you check out the PDF tutorial? What did you think?

Here is the link in case you don't have it

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/co...utorials.shtml
    Last edited by Skavenger85; 03-06-2012 at 08:15 PM.

Forum Member

Ordered the Don McNea. FDNY already had an old study guide covering the Written Comprehension, Written Expresion, Ordering, Deductive and Inductive reasoning so I guess I spent $50 on Background and Mathematics. Oh well, it will be worth if I get that perfect score...

Forum Member

so the don mcnea IS the guide to study from? if my memory serves me correctly, the test booklets given out for the study sessions back in 2006 (the pdf that has the red cover) or whatever it was weren't helpful for the test.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    Ordered the Don McNea. FDNY already had an old study guide covering the Written Comprehension, Written Expresion, Ordering, Deductive and Inductive reasoning so I guess I spent $50 on Background and Mathematics. Oh well, it will be worth if I get that perfect score...
    Did you check out the new study guide they just posted on the FDNY website?
    Check It out.....

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/co...utorials.shtml

Forum Member

The FDNY pdf tutorial seems pretty good. The math is extremely basic, I would continue to prepare as if it will be more difficult just so there are no surprises on test day.

It's sad to see that it looks like there won't be any memorization on the test. It was such a tradition, I never thought it would go away. I guess all those hours I spent practicing the memorization portion as a kid were a waste... haha

Forum Member

I think I found a mistake in the Don McNea/Vulcan prep book. It's question 73 in the Don McNea and question 23 in the Vulcan Book. I answered C but they have it as answer A. It clearly says open unused discharge openings in the passage but they have the answer as open all discharge openings. Anyone else notice this ? Or if I'm wrong can someone explain to me where I'm getting this wrong.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkjets75 View Post
    The FDNY pdf tutorial seems pretty good. The math is extremely basic, I would continue to prepare as if it will be more difficult just so there are no surprises on test day.

It's sad to see that it looks like there won't be any memorization on the test. It was such a tradition, I never thought it would go away. I guess all those hours I spent practicing the memorization portion as a kid were a waste... haha
    Yea the memory is always a win above the competition for me. Saw a guy cheating on a civil service exam last year. He was caught yet allowed to stay. I was livid.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by prospectff View Post
    I was able to locate the second video that I remember watching at the Vulcan session A class here is the link Tonight's Sky: February 2012. The video only lasted approximately 3 mins not the entire 6:50. If you attended portion B of the Vulcan information session can anyone chime in please thank you.

UPDATED:

Here is the lesson Plan A from when I attended the Vulcan meeting in Brooklyn.

Lesson Plan A

What are the dates and times for the queens classes being held?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I think I found a mistake in the Don McNea/Vulcan prep book. It's question 73 in the Don McNea and question 23 in the Vulcan Book. I answered C but they have it as answer A. It clearly says open unused discharge openings in the passage but they have the answer as open all discharge openings. Anyone else notice this ? Or if I'm wrong can someone explain to me where I'm getting this wrong.
    51 on the vulcans is c as well not a as mentioned in the answer key

Forum Member

Youll get the same training, but you wont have to pay for it. You will be the go-to-guy in the squad for help though.
    Thanks Skyline. Fortunately I enjoy teaching more than actually performing EMS type work so it shouldn't be a problem.

Got the email today that went out today as well, a lot of basic stuff but helpful nonetheless.
    Last edited by Baritome; 03-07-2012 at 04:03 AM. Reason: name typo

Forum Member

Anyone with an exam date between March 23rd through March 29th been called for the city tutorial yet ?

MembersZone Subscriber

Anyone with an exam date between March 23rd through March 29th been called for the city tutorial yet ?
    I haven't. Looks like it should be this week though.

Forum Member

Skav and Tom, I agree those are both definitely typos. You guys should email the mcnea fire school with that info.

Forum Member

Yup, I caught that too haha. Literally flipped back and forth like 12 times. I was like shut up answer key im smarter than you! I think there were 2 false answers in that first test.

Forum Member

Can anyone tell me what the difference between the vulcans and don McNea booklets? Does the McNea have more material compared to the vulcans prep book?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the difference between the vulcans and don McNea booklets? Does the McNea have more material compared to the vulcans prep book?
    It's the same exact questions, the only difference from what I've seen is that they have the questions in a different order.

Forum Member

so with the risk of sounding like an idiot why do i keep getting 4.5 for my answer to the last question in the math pdf? math isnt my strong point but i got all of them correct until the last one. anyone?

Forum Member

When are the vulcan prep classes for queens this week?

Forum Member

On the official FDNY video prep "Infant CPR" The answer to question 15 is actually D. Check for the pulse on the inside of the arm between the elbow and shoulder....cant trick me!

Thread Information