Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 1141 FirstFirst ... 334041424344454653931435431043 ... LastLast
Like Tree8966Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Flashinglights you are off by about 1000. I work EMS and we just got the order at all the stations with the list of EMS guys scheduled for promo and open comp. It has every EMT and Medic signed up for test and lists testing date and time. This was issued to let us know that we won't be given the day off for the exam. They scheduled us opposite our regular tour. So if you work evening you have the test in the morning and so on.....There are also numerous guys that I know signed up for open comp that should be on the promo list, so there a glitch in the system somewhere. Just glad I saw my name on the right list. 1967 people is more than half the service lol.

Forum Member

Promotion to firefighter

FDNY members who are working as permanent civil service paramedics and EMTs have the opportunity to file the promotion to firefighter examination during the filing period. Those who pass both the written and physical portions of the exam, as well as the medical and psychological assessments, will be placed on a promotion list.

Members on the promotion to firefighter list are called before the general open-competitive list.

Qualification requirements may be found in the Notice of Examination and on the DCAS Web site under Archives-Open Competitive.

Directly from FDNY official website

Forum Member

I think 19xx from EMS is too high a number.

Forum Member

Thanks KD44, ill get over to the 6019 thread and see what they are saying.
    Andyboyfire and JerkAlert, i thought it was too high also but thats what i found on the facebook page. Apparently thats the number DCAS released. http://www.facebook.com/joinFDNY/posts/276605269040675

Forum Member

Again the number is around 950. I'll get the exact count my next day at work next Thursday. There was 44 names to each page and about 20 pages of names. First page only had about 35 names and last page only had about 25 names. Also, take into account all the names on there of people who don't have 2 years civil service, are fat, lazy and only signed up for the hell of it. That brings that 950 to about 500.

Forum Member

FYI: Re-scheduling Exam #2000.

Couldn't get the internet site to show me any testing sites/dates available so I called the number (operator error?). Nicest lady in the world answered the phone. She was just polite and tickled to death to have a job and be working on a Saturday. I will take a lesson from her for sure...

Anyway, called at 10:00 this morning. No obnoxious hold times or anything like that and I pretty much named my date and time.

Goodluck, fellas

Forum Member

I want to attend the Vulcan session in queens. Thursday march 1st. Does anyone want ton attend with me??.?.?.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    I want to attend the Vulcan session in queens. Thursday march 1st. Does anyone want ton attend with me??.?.?.
    I'm down, I'm trying to get my best friend to come too

Forum Member

Tom I sent you a pm earlier...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    What's with the bigotry in this thread? Respectfully, don't go if your going to make a mockery of the vulcans and their services. Just because your white doesn't mean your being targeted for racism. Everyone from all the pretty colors of the rainbow is more than welcome to attend. Just bring 20 bucks. They will not turn you away just because you are a particular ethnic group. The vulcans are not going to want to make headlines with this bs. So please stop stiring s#it up and giving people a bad name. Especially when they are trying to help.
    Why? B/c you're all in this situation because of them. None of the Black guys in my house agree with them. It's the racists in the Vulcans that are the ones to blame. Nearly everyone otj believes in the civil service system.

Forum Member

If any of you are denied from these classes b/c of race, pm me. I'll go with you and we can raise some hel l

Forum Member

I will be going March 1, March 5 to M.S. 35, how are they going to prove your not black, never judge a book by its cover! If anyone wants to PM and we can see about getting together.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Omg no one is going to be turned away because your not black. Dudes I'm not even black and I'm saying this. Go ahead and show up. All they are going to say is pay 20 bucks like everyone else and take a seat. Stop making this bs into a race issue. Do you guys really believe that they didnt think word was gonna get out about the prep. You know what I'll make a deal with all of you, I'm going to the one in bk. if I see any of the white or other minority candidates get turn down shots are on me. After you protest about this issue of course. But I'm confident enough to know that the vulcans can't be this ignorant to these issues that are going to arise from there prep.

Forum Member

Skavenger, I wasn't even going to bother posting back to you but you sound like a teenage girl. OMG guys stop it. A lot of guys here are skeptical and wary of the vulcans because of how they turned the hiring process in many big cities into a three ring circus. Every chance they get they cry racism and never apologize when their claims are unfounded and ridiculous. I have been waiting for close to six years for something to happen with FDNY and while now I am working for another east coast department I'm still going to give it on more shot to work where I grew up. 6 years because of lawsuits, bull****, and over empowered judges saying that a basic knowledge test where 15% of the questions had multiple answers wasn't fair. The vulcans are bullies, they push around politicians, judges, chiefs, and who ever they can to get their way. They probably can't deny you access to the classes but you wouldn't be welcome.

Forum Member

As someone mentioned earlier, they DO NOT exhaust the whole EMS promo list before going to the OC list. The first and only class off of 6019 was not 100% EMS, that should be proof enough for you. Like JerkAlert pointed out, if they exhausted the promo list first, there wouldn't be enough EMS people to staff their ranks.

If my memory serves me correct, they actually held back EMS people who were ready to make the transfer over because it was going to leave EMS under staffed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andyboyfire View Post
    I think 19xx from EMS is too high a number.

The FDNYís 3,000 Paramedics and EMTs make up the largest, most highly trained emergency medical service in the world.

I took that from nyc.gov/fdny

That would mean EMS will lose over 60% of their employees.

Forum Member

Anyone go to the vulcan class tonight? I will be attending on saturday.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkjets75 View Post
    A few of us are going to try and meet up Thursday for the Queens session.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by dkjets75 View Post
    I went, I thought it was more insightful compared to the classes I paid for. What did anyone else think of this class?

I saw the tall korean dude that said he was gonna be looking all confused and shiet.
    Last edited by Skavenger85; 02-27-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    I went, I thought it was more insightful compared to the classes I paid for. What did anyone else think of this class?

I saw the tall korean dude that said he was gonna be looking all confused and shiet.
    Yea, that guy was me. The tutorial is worth a look. It gives you some insight into the personality survey questions. I'd say check it out. It definitely wouldn't hurt. Btw, I was gonna rock the 6019 shirt, but I went with Merit Matters t-shirt instead. Lol.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Thread Information