Like Tree9617Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I don't remember EVER saying ANYTHING about ANYONE in regards to race. So I don't know what you are talking about here unless you are just projecting what you imagine people here are thinking (seems racist on your part). In any event, none of us having met you the only thing we can truly ascertain about you from this forum is that you spell like a 10 year old who is riding a roller coaster.
    This is not a English class if you don't understand what I write you are more then welcome to pass by what I post. You label the ph as lazy, no good people etc. every one knows that it's black and Latinos so basically you are labeling a race.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    OK now I found it. For some reason I tried googling "walfare" and nothing came up
    First off even if you put walfare in google it going to come up even if i spell it wrong. 2nd while you sit here on the internet looking up words i spell wrong I am out doing what I need to do to get the job. Come July 29th I will be on my way to becoming a fireman and you will still be on this board bitching about the Ph. I wish you all the best in your google search.... Have a nice day.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Lets get our own work out group going in prospect park.
    Or on Staten Island!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire ant View Post
    Or on Staten Island!!
    That bridge is like arm and leg to go over.
    vekdoggs75 and FDNYGUY28 like this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Just for the record.. Don't think the instructor's at the Rock won't know about PH's bragging about how there in the academy ahead of OC guy's who earned there spot the right way. See how that works out for you guy's. There's obviously a divide with OC guy's and PH guy's and I don't see it going away anytime in the near future including when there on the job together. I think it's pretty clear how I feel. You took a test, you didn't score well enough to get hired. That should be that. But the world's an imperfect place so unfortunatly you get the job handed to you. It'd be great if you just took the $ and moved on and came nowhere near the department, but like I said, the world's an imperfect place.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 97
    List: 79xx

Forum Member

Or on Staten Island!!
    Take the bus over the bridge and I will pick you up.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

This doesnt even make sense! Bickering and fighting over the PH hires and the OCs. At the end of they day they were awarded a second opportunity not because they asked for it but because a ruling by a judge. I thought the FDNY was a brotherhood and not the color race or creed matters! Everyone should be judge as an individual for there hard work and perseverance whether its an OC or PH!
    ladder9volley and FDNYGUY28 like this.

Forum Member

Does anyone know when they'll reach the 6xxx range on the OC list? I'm trying to see when I should push harder on my cardio workouts. Right now I'm mostly doing strength training for my workouts.

Thanks
    List: 6xxx

Forum Member

Delete your post before to many people see it. You never wanna give out your exact list # incase you say something on here that people may try to use against you. Just put 6xxx in as your list # under your signature settings. Just trying to look out.
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveDynasty View Post
    Does anyone know when they'll reach the 6xxx range on the OC list? I'm trying to see when I should push harder on my cardio workouts. Right now I'm mostly doing strength training for my workouts.

Thanks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stang0480 View Post
    Just for the record.. Don't think the instructor's at the Rock won't know about PH's bragging about how there in the academy ahead of OC guy's who earned there spot the right way. See how that works out for you guy's. There's obviously a divide with OC guy's and PH guy's and I don't see it going away anytime in the near future including when there on the job together. I think it's pretty clear how I feel. You took a test, you didn't score well enough to get hired. That should be that. But the world's an imperfect place so unfortunatly you get the job handed to you. It'd be great if you just took the $ and moved on and came nowhere near the department, but like I said, the world's an imperfect place.

Who care if it don't go away... I am here and I am not going any where. I don't have to prove any thing to any one on this board... I took the test, pass every thing i need to pass and now waiting for the 1.5 run. ( and yes I am going to pass it). I will prove what I am made of once I get in to the academy. If you want to put your life on the line because someone a ph by all means go right a head. But I tell you this once i am on the job i don't care if a person is a ph, white, black, blue or purple. I will make it my business to protect them. i dont care how they might treat me in the fire house. I was born by my self most likely am going to die by my self. its when i get out on a call that they will have my back. Other then that i don't care how they threat me in the firehouse. What every one fail to realize is that everyone get to a place one way or another, it's when you get there you prove you belong there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by marc3071 View Post
    This doesnt even make sense! Bickering and fighting over the PH hires and the OCs. At the end of they day they were awarded a second opportunity not because they asked for it but because a ruling by a judge. I thought the FDNY was a brotherhood and not the color race or creed matters! Everyone should be judge as an individual for there hard work and perseverance whether its an OC or PH!
    I am going to go out on a limb here and say you didn't take the 6019 exam. Try getting shafted on that exam and watching guys go in now over you and then offer your 2 cents on what people should and shouldn't do.
    River6019 likes this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb here and say you didn't take the 6019 exam. Try getting shafted on that exam and watching guys go in now over you and then offer your 2 cents on what people should and shouldn't do.
    You act as if the ph had anything to do with that. Go write the judge a letter about how you feel. The judge set the rules not the ph.

Forum Member

Based on your spelling I can see already your going to have problems in the academy. It's not all dragging hoses, raising ladders, and learning knots. There's alot of written tests as well. The fact that you can't spell simple 5th grade words and use capital letter's correctly tells me your certainly going to have trouble as improper grammar usually equates to an inability to read and comprehend very well which is why you probably bombed the test on your first go round. I tried to use small words so you understand. Good luck corky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    Who care if it don't go away... I am here and I am not going any where. I don't have to prove any thing to any one on this board... I took the test, pass every thing i need to pass and now waiting for the 1.5 run. ( and yes I am going to pass it). I will prove what I am made of once I get in to the academy. If you want to put your life on the line because someone a ph by all means go right a head. But I tell you this once i am on the job i don't care if a person is a ph, white, black, blue or purple. I will make it my business to protect them. i dont care how they might treat me in the fire house. I was born by my self most likely am going to die by my self. its when i get out on a call that they will have my back. Other then that i don't care how they threat me in the firehouse. What every one fail to realize is that everyone get to a place one way or another, it's when you get there you prove you belong there.

Forum Member

. . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . .
    Last edited by DannyD0pe; 06-12-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Forum Member

.[QUOTE=almostthere;1369678]...Even those who are minorities that are not PH but on the OC list are sh----- in their pants because they don't want to be labeled or confused as one.

Not at all. Vet and Res.
    Last edited by Ice&Fire; 06-12-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BraveDynasty View Post

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stang0480 View Post
    Delete your post before to many people see it. You never wanna give out your exact list # incase you say something on here that people may try to use against you. Just put 6xxx in as your list # under your signature settings. Just trying to look out.
    Thanks, appreciate it!
    List: 6xxx

Forum Member

Or on Staten Island!!
    How about Astoria? Anyone training in the area?
    River6019 likes this.
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

Forum Member

I have heard about 3 years for the 6xxx,s Hopefully sooner but I will be happy to get called.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Just got out of the most boring, 6 hour, meeting of my life. At the corner of the building was a probie being instructed on how to put a hose on a fire hydrant. Lucky SOB
    HOLD ON.

A probie, who just got out of the fire academy, didn't know how to connect to the hydrant?

MM could you elaborate on your training.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    HOLD ON.

A probie, who just got out of the fire academy, didn't know how to connect to the hydrant?

They were probably training, i would think training doesn't stop at the academy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    HOLD ON.

Hold on? Lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    They were probably training, i would think training doesn't stop at the academy.
    Training never stops, but I would think he/she should be proficient at that by the end of the academy.

I also know there's usually an academy way and the way its done on the streets, maybe that's what they were teaching the probie.
    Last edited by GIMMEFIRE600; 05-22-2013 at 08:25 PM.

Forum Member

I agree about the bridge. I work in brooklyn and could probably make some time to stay around and run in a group. It's definitely my weakest link. Need to get that 1.5 mile run down.

Forum Member

I train in prospect park, as I live down the block, almost every morning and I've never once seen a large group of guys training but I'm usually there earlier than 1.

I also do Astoria sometimes before work.

Forum Member

I live in Clinton Hill. I would be down for a brooklyn group run.

Thread Information