Like Tree9617Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    I train in prospect park, as I live down the block, almost every morning and I've never once seen a large group of guys training but I'm usually there earlier than 1.

I also do Astoria sometimes before work.
    Do you train Saturday afternoon around 1:30-2:00. Hopefully, I can attend this saturday depending on what time my daughter soccer game ends. Usually, it is about 20 plus guys there, and the group more than likey will grow since the weather is getting nice.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    I never bitched about PHs and you can check any of my post. I am a minority myself and I am on the OC. The difference between me and you is that I took an exam and did what I had to do to be placed within hiring range. I accept the fact that others worked harder or deserve the job more than I do (EMS, veterans, legacy beneficiaries etc.) and therefore they are ahead of me, and I must wait. I will be in this forum waiting for my turn and my time will come. Unlike myself, you are skipping men who risked their lives for this country, children whose parents died in 9/11, and those that wanted the job more than you and worked harder. You are going to get seniority which our heroes earned putting their lives on the line fighting fires while you were picking your ***. The least you could of done during that time was learn how to spell or how to use proper grammar. You are going to get a payout at the expense of hard working tax paying dollars.

What are you going to tell your kids when they ask, "Daddy, how did you become a Fireman?'' Please explain to me how you are going to sugarcoat it so that they can interpret your reasoning as hard work, perseverance, and dedication instead of lucky shot, second chance, and hand out.

And please do not tell me that you are working hard now for the CPAT, Medical, Academy etc, like almostthere brags about, because in order to get to the next step of the hiring process you had to compete with 40,000 applicants but you didn't.

I won't need to sugarcoat anything - my kids will know how I landed the job of my dreams. You on the other hand will not be able to lead your kids by example. Your are going to have to tell them that luck comes only once in a lifetime and they might not get as lucky as you in life.

Okay, we may bad mouth each other on this forum but please do not involve people family, especially their kids.
    coldblood92 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VanCroon View Post
    I live in Clinton Hill. I would be down for a brooklyn group run.
    For those who live in Brooklyn, Wingate park has a track were I do sprints and jog at. Great spot for a good workout. Also, within the park is an adult park were you can do pull-ups, sit-ups, dips, etc. Come check it out. Its like an outside gym without the weights.

Forum Member

For all those who have had major surgery like shoulder, knee, back, etc. Make sure you bring the "operative report" for that particular surgery. It will save you a trip back to Metro Tech. Ortho will not see you without it and you will be temporarily placed on reserve medical status till you get it evaluated by the FDNY doctors. BTW out of 18 people this morning, only 4 passed the stair master. The second time around is usually where most people pass it.

Forum Member

OK but I dunno If I can keep up right away lol. Are you guys free on saturdays or sundays? I live in bensonhurt area but would drive down to the park to meet up with you guys. We might as well do push ups etc as well.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 05-23-2013 at 12:02 AM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

What days are you free? I don't have a set schedule, so I will be off some weekends and not others.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    First off even if you put walfare in google it going to come up even if i spell it wrong. 2nd while you sit here on the internet looking up words i spell wrong I am out doing what I need to do to get the job. Come July 29th I will be on my way to becoming a fireman and you will still be on this board bitching about the Ph. I wish you all the best in your google search.... Have a nice day.
    Christ Whymetoo! Spell much?

If you do in fact make it to the academy at all, yes, people will be bitching. Because you jumped ahead of every single person that earned that spot you just took. Not because you earned it, but because you were part of some perverse lawsuit that you willingly joined in on when asked and enticed with the blood money of so many that came before.

So yes. Tell your children and your children's children how you applied yourself and how you literally poured blood, sweat and tears into your efforts to achieve a position on this department. (Hint: You didn't. So you can't.)

I have something else for you to Google; it's called "HUMILITY".

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    HOLD ON.

A probie, who just got out of the fire academy, didn't know how to connect to the hydrant?

MM could you elaborate on your training.
    How are you surprised by this? You cosigned on an exam that does not care how smart your aptitude for mechanics is and your surprised?

Forum Member

All this back and forth **** about ph vs oc hires is retarded u guys gotta stfu already cus there's absolutely nothing u can do about it at this point
    .whats done is done..u guys know who u are..how about u focus on ur game..hit the gym..and take ur anger out on the squat rack/stair master, instead of talking all this wreckless bs and just keep those arguments on another forum and stay off of this one
    marc3071 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    How are you surprised by this? You cosigned on an exam that does not care how smart your aptitude for mechanics is and your surprised?
    These kids were going in before any of us regardless. So wether it was as hard as a BAR exam or this sad excuse for a civil service exam they were STILL be hired before you and me. So your little statement is irrelevant, and you are being a HATER.
    TomFromQueens likes this.

Forum Member

Hey guys, congradulations to all the my fellow applicants that have passed this test and are on there way to getting the greatest job in the world. My list number is in the 2xxx range, score 100, and I would just like to know if somebody can update me on whats going on with the OC list rite now as far as whats the highest or last list number thats been contacted, it would be much appreciated guys, thanks, be safe.

Forum Member

I'll try this weekend to swing by.

They sent out packets to 733 on the OC list with about up to 500 scheduled for cpat and 200 for the medical give or take and won't be going much higher than 200 for the July class

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    Hey guys, congradulations to all the my fellow applicants that have passed this test and are on there way to getting the greatest job in the world. My list number is in the 2xxx range, score 100, and I would just like to know if somebody can update me on whats going on with the OC list rite now as far as whats the highest or last list number thats been contacted, it would be much appreciated guys, thanks, be safe.
    Best I can tell as of right now, they have sent medical letters out to list numbers 1-225, give or take ten or so. As far as I know, getting a medical letter is a good indication that you're being looked at for the next academy. But who knows at this point.

I think they are up to list number 400 or so with psych exams

I think they went up to list number 500 with cpat

I think they went up to about list number 700 with investigations

I could be off though, it's been a while since I've looked at the numbers so if anyone else knows better then
    Me, please chime in.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by thirdtimesacharm View Post
    How about Astoria? Anyone training in the area?
    Hey buddy, I train in Astoria park or run over the bridge to Randall's island three times a week. Lemme know if you're around. I believe there's at least a few other guys around our list numbers who live in Astoria. I think TomfromQueens does at least, I'm sure we could get a solid group.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

they're in to the 250's on OC for medicals.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    I'll try this weekend to swing by.

They sent out packets to 733 on the OC list with about up to 500 scheduled for cpat and 200 for the medical give or take and won't be going much higher than 200 for the July class
    Didn't someone say they got a letter for a medical and they were in the mid 200s?

Edit: never-mind, as usual HopefulFF is on top of his game and answered my question already haha
    Last edited by NycQ83; 05-23-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Forum Member

Thanks alot for the info you and everybody else has posted, its much appreciated. Another question, does the FDNY have a certain order in which these exams are administered, for example psyc, med, cpat etc?

Forum Member

Thanks alot for the info you and everybody else has posted, its much appreciated. Another question, does the FDNY have a certain order in which these exams are administered, for example psyc, med, cpat etc?
    It will probably be investigation, cpat training/cpat, psych, medical, run. At least that's how it went for most of us this round.
    I had to delay my psych, so
    I actually did
    That after medical.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    Who care if it don't go away... I am here and I am not going any where. I don't have to prove any thing to any one on this board... I took the test, pass every thing i need to pass and now waiting for the 1.5 run. ( and yes I am going to pass it). I will prove what I am made of once I get in to the academy. If you want to put your life on the line because someone a ph by all means go right a head. But I tell you this once i am on the job i don't care if a person is a ph, white, black, blue or purple. I will make it my business to protect them. i dont care how they might treat me in the fire house. I was born by my self most likely am going to die by my self. its when i get out on a call that they will have my back. Other then that i don't care how they threat me in the firehouse. What every one fail to realize is that everyone get to a place one way or another, it's when you get there you prove you belong there.
    You couldn't even pass a simple written exam and from the looks of your grammar you're barely literate; what proof do I have that you can do the job when the time comes? Or that you'll even know what to do?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    For those who live in Brooklyn, Wingate park has a track were I do sprints and jog at. Great spot for a good workout. Also, within the park is an adult park were you can do pull-ups, sit-ups, dips, etc. Come check it out. Its like an outside gym without the weights.
    Thank you for letting me know about that track! I've been wanting to find a track in Brooklyn so i can time myself accurately.

Forum Member

I'm off on Mondays and Tuesdays. I won't be able to do any other time during the week.

Forum Member

Ohh okay, thanks alot man for the info. Another question, i live in bensonhurst brooklyn, and dont have a car, and was just wondering if you guys think it would be plausable to take public transportation to the Academy, or do you guys think thats definately too out of the wayand im most definately going to need a car? Thanks alot again.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Hey buddy, I train in Astoria park or run over the bridge to Randall's island three times a week. Lemme know if you're around. I believe there's at least a few other guys around our list numbers who live in Astoria. I think TomfromQueens does at least, I'm sure we could get a solid group.
    I was in Howard Beach but I'm in Long Beach now. But if you guys get something together on the weekend I could make the drive to Astoria Park. Always wanted to work out there because I imagine running along side the city must be nice. Or if anyone in Southern Queens maybe get something going at Victory Field.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

MembersZone Subscriber

Listen guys, I want to end this garbage with the PHs. This is getting out of hand even for me. So here's what I propose: IGNORE THEM. Do not respond to almostthere or this whymetoo clown. They both know they didn't earn their spot, and neither of them will ever admit it and try to move on. You guys who did what you're supposed to do and got on the right way don't need to worry about this. BELIEVE ME, and this goes for you two losers because I know you'll read this, we are waiting for them and they will be dealt with accordingly once they get to a firehouse. Sadly, they WILL get out of the academy, whether they pass it or not. That's just the political climate. And relax; they talk big online here but they're not gonna get away with a damn thing. Neither will they be treated unfairly, harassed or discriminated against, but make no mistake; they may have gotten away with stealing the job, but they're going to do it the same way everyone else does. And if they don't, we'll make sure they pay the price, same as we will anyone else, PH, OC or EMS promo. Your focus is getting on; let us guys OTJ take out trash for now.

So, ignore them. Don't answer them. Don't offer to train with them. Provide no advice or encouragement. And don't insult them, because they're getting a kick out of it. Simply act as if they don't exist. They're gloating now, but they'll be feeling the pain soon enough. And unlike you guys, they don't have what it takes to deal with it. So leave them be.

Forum Member

Ohh okay, thanks alot man for the info. Another question, i live in bensonhurst brooklyn, and dont have a car, and was just wondering if you guys think it would be plausable to take public transportation to the Academy, or do you guys think thats definately too out of the wayand im most definately going to need a car? Thanks alot again.
    I don't know what your list number is or where you will be vehicle wise by then, but public
    Transportation, from
    What others have said, is very tricky to make the academy on time every day. The only exception seems to be guys who live real close to the triboro.

I'm sure you're not going to be the only guy from the bensonhurst/bay ridge area, so car pooling shouldn't be an issue. I live in bayridge, I have a car, so I am sure I will have a couple of guys to share the commute with. If nothing else, you can always offer to drive and be diligent when it's your time to kick up for gas.

Conversely, anyone from bayridge/Bensonhurst in the top 250? If so pm me and let's maybe start figuring this out.

Thread Information