Like Tree9890Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    These kids were going in before any of us regardless. So wether it was as hard as a BAR exam or this sad excuse for a civil service exam they were STILL be hired before you and me. So your little statement is irrelevant, and you are being a HATER.
    No because this is only the start. But hey having tic tac toe abs really makes one a great firefighter right? It's not like you need water on a fire to put it out, but great fits of strenght and wit? Having someone that can't do that is no big deal right? Or hook a hydrant? They'll figure it out even if someone gets killed, we're good.

Forum Member

Thats actually a really great idea! I mean im planning on getting a car by then, but just thinking just in case ya know. Im in the 2xxx range so I know im not gonna be in the nextacademy class. Thats a good idea though, maybe I can find some fellow academy members that will e in my class and just give money for gas, I hope it works out, but congradulations on passing the test man, good luck to you and thanks for your feedback!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    Thats actually a really great idea! I mean im planning on getting a car by then, but just thinking just in case ya know. Im in the 2xxx range so I know im not gonna be in the nextacademy class. Thats a good idea though, maybe I can find some fellow academy members that will e in my class and just give money for gas, I hope it works out, but congradulations on passing the test man, good luck to you and thanks for your feedback!
    Easy day bro. I wish good luck to you too. But you know what I say about luck? MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK!!!
    Last edited by Ext. 17; 05-23-2013 at 12:14 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    No because this is only the start. But hey having tic tac toe abs really makes one a great firefighter right? It's not like you need water on a fire to put it out, but great fits of strenght and wit? Having someone that can't do that is no big deal right? Or hook a hydrant? They'll figure it out even if someone gets killed, we're good.
    Unlike you I took a real test in 08' which i was inches from getting hired as well. you dont even know what taking a real FDNY test so you don't even know if you would have scored well or not. Trust me I don't like what the outcome of this test will be either cause a lot of unqualified people will get hired off it and I don't want to share the same glory as they will. "Tic tac toe abs" yea my physical physique is that good bro and my fitness even better lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Unlike you I took a real test in 08' which i was inches from getting hired as well. you dont even know what taking a real FDNY test so you don't even know if you would have scored well or not. Trust me I don't like what the outcome of this test will be either cause a lot of unqualified people will get hired off it and I don't want to share the same glory as they will. "Tic tac toe abs" yea my physical physique is that good bro and my fitness even better lol.
    guys we just got past the whole argument with PHs.. please could we not start another one.. PM each other

Edit: Im not just addressing you jukez, I just happened to use your quote.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    they're in to the 250's on OC for medicals.
    Damn bro im high 200's but still no medical date.. So freaking close. Im hoping they do one more round of medicals and schedule me for one. I've passed everything else and cant wait till the acadamy man.
    vekdoggs75, NycQ83 and dawk34 like this.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    Damn bro im high 200's but still no medical date.. So freaking close. Im hoping they do one more round of medicals and schedule me for one. I've passed everything else and cant wait till the acadamy man.
    I hear you, I'm under 100 spots away also but you have to figure if they went to 250's for the medical they are factoring in people failing/deferring and they won't actually reach # 250 for the class.

Edit: for clarity, there are going to be at least a handful of guys fully processed and ready to go, but they miss the cutoff for the class.
    Last edited by HopefulFF; 05-23-2013 at 01:41 PM.
    vekdoggs75 and dawk34 like this.

Forum Member

You're right, it's close. So close. They are approximately 20 list numbers away from mine. Obviously, it would be great to get called and make it, but I'm thinking it's going to be more waiting. The way I look at it - 6 more months to get ready - even better physical conditioning, save more money and so on.

Let's just hope there's still a class in January. At this point, I don't know why there wouldn't be - but crazy things have happened before with hiring!
    Last edited by Minerva; 05-23-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Forum Member

I hear you, I'm under 100 spots away also but you have to figure if they went to 250's for the medical they are factoring in people failing/deferring and they won't actually reach # 250 for the class.

Edit: for clarity, there are going to be at least a handful of guys fully processed and ready to go, but they miss the cutoff for the class.
    You're 100% right with your edit comment. It happened to me on list #2043. Fully processed and ready to go, but they reached their last class on the list.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    You're 100% right with your edit comment. It happened to me on list #2043. Fully processed and ready to go, but they reached their last class on the list.
    That is unbelievable... For what it's worth, Sorry to hear that. I hope it goes smoothly this time and it happens for you.

Forum Member

I have no idea how you're not a completely miserable SOB given your circumstances lol
    vekdoggs75 and Gheech like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    That is unbelievable... For what it's worth, Sorry to hear that. I hope it goes smoothly this time and it happens for you.
    Yeah - as long as the list runs normally (ya know without lawsuits from a bunch of crybaby ****heads), I'll be happy. Getting shafted in '08 was DEFINITELY a worse feeling than what happened w/ 2043.

PS forgot to say thank you.
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.

Forum Member

I have no idea how you're not a completely miserable SOB given your circumstances lol
    Miserable isn't the word man.

Forum Member

Jesus bro. I would give you a hug in person seriously. "No homo" lol
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

What's your list # range? Are you in line for January at this point?

Forum Member

Oh wow would you look at that. I complain about not being scheduled for a medical and guess what I find when I walk outside and check my mailbox?

High 200s here scheduled for a medical on june 6. Hope I get lucky and get some more of my wishes granted lol.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

That sucks really bad.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Oh wow would you look at that. I complain about not being scheduled for a medical and guess what I find when I walk outside and check my mailbox?

High 200s here scheduled for a medical on june 6. Hope I get lucky and get some more of my wishes granted lol.
    complain about the rangers never winning 4 in a row please...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    You couldn't even pass a simple written exam and from the looks of your grammar you're barely literate; what proof do I have that you can do the job when the time comes? Or that you'll even know what to do?
    What proof do you have that you can do the job when the time comes? Am not only working out but studying too. (Yes I have the fdny book they use). I don't think this **** is going to be easy and I take nothing for granted. Have any one up here ask me what I score on the exam that every one took. NO!!! Because everyone made up their mind about ph with out even getting a chance to know them. I took the exam at the same time all the oc guys took it. PH had a chance to take the test in Jan and I think thats why some ph dont have their scores as of yet. I also took exam 6019 . So please don't tell me that I will not be ready when the time comes. I will be more then ready. Almostthere have a lot of info as well as some of the other ph and all everyone do is bash them. Like it or not PH are here and all will work together. I am not telling any one to invite them over for dinner, but be respectful and cordial to each other on the borad, A lot of guys up here will ask a ph a question and want it anwser but if a ph ask a question they get bash for it.

Forum Member

Is english your second language?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    Listen guys, I want to end this garbage with the PHs. This is getting out of hand even for me. So here's what I propose: IGNORE THEM. Do not respond to almostthere or this whymetoo clown. They both know they didn't earn their spot, and neither of them will ever admit it and try to move on. You guys who did what you're supposed to do and got on the right way don't need to worry about this. BELIEVE ME, and this goes for you two losers because I know you'll read this, we are waiting for them and they will be dealt with accordingly once they get to a firehouse. Sadly, they WILL get out of the academy, whether they pass it or not. That's just the political climate. And relax; they talk big online here but they're not gonna get away with a damn thing. Neither will they be treated unfairly, harassed or discriminated against, but make no mistake; they may have gotten away with stealing the job, but they're going to do it the same way everyone else does. And if they don't, we'll make sure they pay the price, same as we will anyone else, PH, OC or EMS promo. Your focus is getting on; let us guys OTJ take out trash for now.

So, ignore them. Don't answer them. Don't offer to train with them. Provide no advice or encouragement. And don't insult them, because they're getting a kick out of it. Simply act as if they don't exist. They're gloating now, but they'll be feeling the pain soon enough. And unlike you guys, they don't have what it takes to deal with it. So leave them be.
    I really feel you don't have what it takes. If you read over this board it's YOU who like to insult people for speaking thier mind. You don't know how to debate with out insulting some one. From where I am standing I don't need advice or encouragement for any one on this board. I have a strong mind.

Forum Member

What's your list # range? Are you in line for January at this point?
    1100s - Hoping January. Honestly the feeling I had after the exam and protest session, I will happily take that list #.
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    What proof do you have that you can do the job when the time comes? Am not only working out but studying too. (Yes I have the fdny book they use). I don't think this **** is going to be easy and I take nothing for granted. Have any one up here ask me what I score on the exam that every one took. NO!!! Because everyone made up their mind about ph with out even getting a chance to know them. I took the exam at the same time all the oc guys took it. PH had a chance to take the test in Jan and I think thats why some ph dont have their scores as of yet. I also took exam 6019 . So please don't tell me that I will not be ready when the time comes. I will be more then ready. Almostthere have a lot of info as well as some of the other ph and all everyone do is bash them. Like it or not PH are here and all will work together. I am not telling any one to invite them over for dinner, but be respectful and cordial to each other on the borad, A lot of guys up here will ask a ph a question and want it anwser but if a ph ask a question they get bash for it.
    Ok what were your scores? I am asking in all sincerity and not being a jerkoff. I would love to know.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    Ohh okay, thanks alot man for the info. Another question, i live in bensonhurst brooklyn, and dont have a car, and was just wondering if you guys think it would be plausable to take public transportation to the Academy, or do you guys think thats definately too out of the wayand im most definately going to need a car? Thanks alot again.
    If you're slated for the first academy like I am (if I get in), I'll just give you a ride. I live in sunset park and plan on getting a group of people together to cut down on the tolls.

Forum Member

I finally got in touch with my investigator today after trying for a couple weeks and all she could tell me was just to wait. She gave up zero info on my situation.

Thread Information