Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 432 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 332382422429430431432433434435442482532932 ... LastLast
Results 8,621 to 8,640 of 24100
Like Tree9399Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Got CPAT orientation dates of March 19 and 20. No dates for the first practice yet. FYI

Also, parking at HQ, any suggestions?
    FDNY exam 2000
    score: 104
    list # 3xx
    "Where I lack in experience, I more than make up for with inexperience."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    EMS Lt just said they are planning on 150 EMS and the rest from OC. Obviously all dependent on how many EMS make it.
    What about the PH's ?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

There's rumors going all over the place and I can tell you they are all probably wrong. I heard someone say that they will do 1/3 EMS, 1/3 PH and 1/3 OC.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Convict65USMC View Post
    Got CPAT orientation dates of March 19 and 20. No dates for the first practice yet. FYI

If you can help it... don't. Multiple subway lines and the LIRR are all nearby. If you must drive just suck it up and go to one of the lots in the area. The chances of getting legal street parking are next to 0.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Convict65USMC View Post

That's downtown ... Pretty hard to find parking ... Just put it on a lot save the agrevation and time. It'll be worth it
    Convict65USMC likes this.

Forum Member

My LT said with the rollover guys from
    This class there's about 300 that need to be processed for a July class. They are planning on only allowing up to 150 to get in because they need time to replenish the ranks in EMS. The rest of the class will be filled with OC. From my understand PH's are working in with the OC the whole 2 for every 5 thing or whatever it was.

Can't definitely say this isn't a rumor but he was very confident in this. Obviously they can change anything at any second.
    Exam 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 9xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    I remember it took me about a month and a few days from my medical to my psych back in 08, people are saying they getting it from one day to another! So based on this I'm speculating.
    On 2043, I had my psych one day and my medical the next morning.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 97
    List: 79xx

Forum Member

Mayor Bloomberg is spot on to support a social-media campaign warning against ear-bud-induced hearing loss (“Mayor a ‘Deaf’ Jammer,” March 6).

This advocacy isn’t like his past positions on super-sized sodas or salty potato chips. Ear-bud links to hearing loss are increasingly documented.

The issue goes beyond impairing users’ hearing. On subway platforms, ear-bud wearers put themselves in danger since they can’t hear announcements or, worse, trains arriving.

If ear-bud advocates don’t want to listen (if you will), that’s fine. There may be some serious profits realized from investing in hearing-aid companies like Phonak and Siemens as more audiophiles go deaf.

Jim Rowbotham, Manhattan

Firefighter fitness

There are multiple inaccuracies in your story “CourtOrdered FDNY Class Flaming Out” (March 3).

Only 21 individuals — not “as many as 30” — have resigned from the current firefighter-trainee class. This is a 6.6 percent attrition rate — essentially the same as the 6.2 percent rate we’ve had for the previous 23 classes in the last decade.

There was no court order for the promotional exam these candidates took and passed. Nor did the department “exclude” applicants from the general population for this class. As current city employees with the FDNY, EMS personnel receive preferential hiring status over open competitive exam candidates, as required under state civil service law.

There has been no change in the required mile-and-a-half run, which must be done in under 13 minutes.

Nearly 300 men and women in this class are working hard every day to get through this difficult 18-week training program.

Most of them will succeed and in several months will be working in firehouses throughout the city, risking their lives to protect life and property.

Frank Gribbon, Deputy Commissioner, FDNY Manhattan

Forum Member

why are the starting the clock on the OC list if they aren't putting many through? I hope its because the PH's are fizzle.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    why are the starting the clock on the OC list if they aren't putting many through? I hope its because the PH's are fizzle.
    where did you see that the clock started? if you call DCAS the listed isn't "established yet". Normally the OC list dose not start until they hire the first candidate

Forum Member

Yeah I'd probably chill with all the rumors since they are all over the place and just focus on whats important at your step of the process

Forum Member

I'm a little confused. Read that others around my same list number have received their physical and psych dates. I haven't received anything yet, got my cpat orientation notice but nothing else. Can anyone shed light on this? Confirm or deny?
    Last edited by Ice&Fire; 03-15-2013 at 07:54 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ice&Fire View Post
    I'm a little confused. Read that others around my same list number have received their physical and psych dates. I haven't received anything yet, got my cpat orientation notice but nothing else. Can anyone shed light on this? Confirm or deny?
    I think only zach has your list number and no one has reported physical(cpat) dates. He has reported a medical and psych i think but no physical. Other than that only ph have reported medicals on here.

Forum Member

My list # is around the same and I have not received anything about medical/pysch dates. Also still waiting on a CPAT orientation date. Hope to hear something soon.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KnocKnoc View Post
    My list # is around the same and I have not received anything about medical/pysch dates. Also still waiting on a CPAT orientation date. Hope to hear something soon.

Anyone else in the same boat?
    If your list number is that good i would call about the cpat orientation because mine is next week. Maybe mail got lost, who knows. I have a friend with around the same list number and any time he gets something or i get something i let him know so we're sure we don't miss anything
    Spiderneck30 likes this.

Forum Member

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to give it one more day until I call DCAS. By the way, are there any #'s to contact them and speak with an actual person? Keep getting referred to the voice automated number.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 106
    List #: 1XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KnocKnoc View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I'm going to give it one more day until I call DCAS. By the way, are there any #'s to contact them and speak with an actual person? Keep getting referred to the voice automated number.
    Don't wait, keep calling, don't miss out.
    KnocKnoc and SouthBK84 like this.

Forum Member

Yeah zach is the only person I see has gone further than a cpat orientation notice. That's why I find it interesting that I haven't recieved anything. Going to PM zach

Quote Originally Posted by apples&oranges View Post
    where did you see that the clock started? if you call DCAS the listed isn't "established yet". Normally the OC list dose not start until they hire the first candidate
    ....what? That makes entirely no sense at all.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Yeah zach is the only person I see has gone further than a cpat orientation notice. That's why I find it interesting that I haven't recieved anything. Going to PM zach
    I think zach got his med/psych dates early becuz he lives out of state. Thats the only reason i can fathom at this point.

Also guys remember, 99.4% of the OC candidates are NOT members on this forum. Which means that there could be hundreds of others who have recieved a similar letter as Zach. Many of them, no doubt with valuable information, maybe even reading the forum and never bother to post. So just becuz a handful of us forum guys (which actually represent less than 1% of all OC candidates) havent recieved a psych/med date means absolutely nothing at all. Lets just relax, take a breath and focus on what we have already recieved.
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 03-15-2013 at 06:21 PM.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Thread Information