Like Tree10444Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #10801
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    What proof do you have that you can do the job when the time comes? Am not only working out but studying too. (Yes I have the fdny book they use). I don't think this **** is going to be easy and I take nothing for granted. Have any one up here ask me what I score on the exam that every one took. NO!!! Because everyone made up their mind about ph with out even getting a chance to know them. I took the exam at the same time all the oc guys took it. PH had a chance to take the test in Jan and I think thats why some ph dont have their scores as of yet. I also took exam 6019 . So please don't tell me that I will not be ready when the time comes. I will be more then ready. Almostthere have a lot of info as well as some of the other ph and all everyone do is bash them. Like it or not PH are here and all will work together. I am not telling any one to invite them over for dinner, but be respectful and cordial to each other on the borad, A lot of guys up here will ask a ph a question and want it anwser but if a ph ask a question they get bash for it.
    Whymetoo, pm me. Ur pm is off. I also emailed u at the Yahoo email adddsss u gave me last time but u never responded.

  2. #10802
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    I finally got in touch with my investigator today after trying for a couple weeks and all she could tell me was just to wait. She gave up zero info on my situation.
    You just called to confirm if you're fully qualified and to see if your investigation is complete?

  3. #10803
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    1100s - Hoping January. Honestly the feeling I had after the exam and protest session, I will happily take that list #.
    Nice! We'll prob be there together (hopefully)


    Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    I finally got in touch with my investigator today after trying for a couple weeks and all she could tell me was just to wait. She gave up zero info on my situation.
    Your investigators initials VM?
    Last edited by HopefulFF; 05-23-2013 at 06:04 PM.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  4. #10804
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    You just called to confirm if you're fully qualified and to see if your investigation is complete?
    I called just to try to get an update and to see if my reference letters were sent out. She just said to keep waiting and she can't tell me anything. She never answers her phone and last week I got through to someone and they said she was already gone for the day at 3:30.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  5. #10805
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    Oh wow would you look at that. I complain about not being scheduled for a medical and guess what I find when I walk outside and check my mailbox?

    High 200s here scheduled for a medical on june 6. Hope I get lucky and get some more of my wishes granted lol.

    Nice! Good luck! Maybe I should complain and it will be there tomorrow. *crosses fingers*
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 104
    List: 2XX

  6. #10806
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Nice! We'll prob be there together (hopefully)




    Your investigators initials VM?
    Yeah, I'm sure she is swamped with work, but it just sucks being kept in the dark about the process, especially when some people have said that their investigator basically told them they are good to go.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  7. #10807
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    I called just to try to get an update and to see if my reference letters were sent out. She just said to keep waiting and she can't tell me anything. She never answers her phone and last week I got through to someone and they said she was already gone for the day at 3:30.
    Long day I see

  8. #10808
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure she is swamped with work, but it just sucks being kept in the dark about the process, especially when some people have said that their investigator basically told them they are good to go.
    She's a really nice lady, but very tight lipped, that's how I knew she was your investigator too. I've gotten the same answer every time I've spoken to her. I've never had a problem getting in touch with her when I call between 9-930AM.

  9. #10809
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dawk34 View Post
    Nice! Good luck! Maybe I should complain and it will be there tomorrow. *crosses fingers*
    I haven't been home yet to check, but I've been getting my invites a day after other people get them, people after me on the list. Not sure why, as I'm in the city.

  10. #10810
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    I'll try this weekend to swing by.

    They sent out packets to 733 on the OC list with about up to 500 scheduled for cpat and 200 for the medical give or take and won't be going much higher than 200 for the July class

    I am in the 600s and I already took the CPAT if you are keeping track.

  11. #10811
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Nice! We'll prob be there together (hopefully)




    Your investigators initials VM?
    Mine is VM, I am sure that they are busy, but I have called a few times, left messages and sent an email and I havent heard back yet. I still have stuff to bring down..

  12. #10812
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    Oh wow would you look at that. I complain about not being scheduled for a medical and guess what I find when I walk outside and check my mailbox?

    High 200s here scheduled for a medical on june 6. Hope I get lucky and get some more of my wishes granted lol.
    so what do we think, they sent out another 50 medicals. up to 300 now?

  13. #10813
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Styk97 View Post
    Mine is VM, I am sure that they are busy, but I have called a few times, left messages and sent an email and I havent heard back yet. I still have stuff to bring down..
    my guess would be since you're most likely slotted for January she's working on other people right now. I've heard a few people with #s even in the 400s that were basically told this (by other investigators).

    Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    so what do we think, they sent out another 50 medicals. up to 300 now?
    probably some where around that. I am between 300-350, didn't get anything today although I've been getting all my stuff a day or 2 later than everyone else.

  14. #10814
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    163

    Default FDNY medical

    My friend is between 300 and 315 and still no meidcal date but done with everything else

  15. #10815
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    HOLD ON.

    A probie, who just got out of the fire academy, didn't know how to connect to the hydrant?

    MM could you elaborate on your training.
    Of course we were taught how to hook up to hydrants. That said, guys want to teach, and want to know that their probie knows how to do it. Maybe there's a specific thing that they do/know that they want to pass on. To put it in a different light: If you make it and are a probie in your new company and a guy says lets go practice hooking up to a hydrant are you going to say "nah I'm good, we learned that at the rock"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    Ohh okay, thanks alot man for the info. Another question, i live in bensonhurst brooklyn, and dont have a car, and was just wondering if you guys think it would be plausable to take public transportation to the Academy, or do you guys think thats definately too out of the wayand im most definately going to need a car? Thanks alot again.
    You really want a car, or advanced knowledge of a carpool that will be in your company (alpha or bravo) so that you're both going in early/late at the same time.

    Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    If you're slated for the first academy like I am (if I get in), I'll just give you a ride. I live in sunset park and plan on getting a group of people together to cut down on the tolls.
    First?

  16. #10816
    Forum Member
    FdnytolifeE293's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Just got back from the fire museum, and must say it was great to be around good people,food, and wine lol. One fireman (I believe) tried to get my son to wear the helmet but my son got scared. Proby school looks more difficult than anyone thinks so be best prepared.
    Last edited by FdnytolifeE293; 05-23-2013 at 11:01 PM.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

    I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

  17. #10817
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    Just got back from the fire museum, and must say it was great to be around good people,food, and wine lol. One fireman (I believe) tried to get my son to wear the helmet but my son got scared. I must say proby school look a lot more difficult than anyone thinks so be best prepared.
    I was gonna hit the
    Museum tomorrow, I have a few hours between stuff tomorrow. How is the exhibit?

  18. #10818
    Forum Member
    FdnytolifeE293's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    I was gonna hit the
    Museum tomorrow, I have a few hours between stuff tomorrow. How is the exhibit?
    It was great, lots of pictures! But I think it was just for today as far as the ceremony goes. But some portraits were selling around 250-300 dollars. I took a look at the 9/11 exhibit and it was touching to see all those things in that room. Other than that everything was great. If you have a wife and kids bring them along and watch them have a great time.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

    I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

  19. #10819
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    It was great, lots of pictures! But I think it was just for today as far as the ceremony goes. But some portraits were selling around 250-300 dollars. I took a look at the 9/11 exhibit and it was touching to see all those things in that room. Other than that everything was great. If you have a wife and kids bring them along and watch them have a great time.
    I have a wife and kid, but they are going out of town for the weekend. I'm
    The vet in the family and I work while
    They play! Hahah. I knew I missed the reception, but I think the exhibit is going for a few days. Hopefully I can catch some of it tomorrow. Ive been there a few times, I agree the
    9/11 room is a whole other experience. Very humbling.
    It would be cool if the photographer would make a book.
    FdnytolifeE293 likes this.

  20. #10820
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Need a little help guys. When you guys recieved your investigation packages in the mail for the initial intake interview, where did it come from. As in, what was the return address on it?

  21. #10821
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    First?
    Yeah, the first off the list that basically all of us are on, FDNY Exam 2000.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  22. #10822
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    853

    Default

    Is the FDNY museum open on Memorial Day ? I wanted to go tomorrow but the weather looks like it's going to be a complete washout.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  23. #10823
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    She's a really nice lady, but very tight lipped, that's how I knew she was your investigator too. I've gotten the same answer every time I've spoken to her. I've never had a problem getting in touch with her when I call between 9-930AM.
    As you guys can see your Investigators are not allowed to give you an update. But, if you listen closely when inquiring about your situation they may be Indirectly telling you something. I kid you not, I was indirectly informed I am good to go. There were certain terms my Investigator used while I was inquiring about my situation.

  24. #10824
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    As you guys can see your Investigators are not allowed to give you an update. But, if you listen closely when inquiring about your situation they may be Indirectly telling you something. I kid you not, I was indirectly informed I am good to go. There were certain terms my Investigator used while I was inquiring about my situation.
    Verbal cues, especially over a phone, can be misleading. Just my experience not specifically with FDNY but just in general. I wouldn't go off them.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  25. #10825
    Forum Member
    FDNYGUY28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    45

    Default

    If they say you are a qualified candidate that usually means congrats lol
    IMO from what I've been told .
    Last edited by FDNYGUY28; 05-24-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 05:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 09:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 04:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register