Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 436 of 1169 FirstFirst ... 336386426433434435436437438439446486536936 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,720 of 23380
Like Tree9149Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

If I had to take a guess, he means that they need those items with your current address to prove that you live in your current address. Which needs to be in one of the 5 boroughs or surrounding counties.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    There is still no official policy that I'm aware of about the use of social media. But with this, I'm sure we'll be getting one.
    There was an issue with the Philly fire dept around the time of the IAFF convention.. Grass roots protests in regards to the mayors appeal of the unions contract.. Long story short, very strict policy, no pictures, can't identify yourself as a FF. no cell phone use at work, etc.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I would like some clarification on this as well. I called up candidate investigations back in August and they said as long as I have the documents to prove I lived in the city during June 2010 thru July 2011 I would be fine. But the way gronk worded has me worried now. I don't have a lease so I can move back but I'm still nervous about it.
    Straight from my inv he asked if i was claiming any points i told him residency, then gave my 3 forms, w2(june2010-july2011, check account, credit card bills. He then said they also require a bill in my name showing i still live in that address. My friend who went to the 8am intake has to provide the same documents. I also overheard another inv ask for them next to me, obv the candidate wasn't aware either. All you need is some type of mail or bill with your address on it. Ok grabbed the actual paper for you guys, word for word, "current residence*-3 documents proving current residence from the list above REFLECTING ACTIVITY within the past 60 days"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Straight from my inv he asked if i was claiming any points i told him residency, then gave my 3 forms, w2(june2010-july2011, check account, credit card bills. He then said they also require a bill in my name showing i still live in that address. My friend who went to the 8am intake has to provide the same documents. I also overheard another inv ask for them next to me, obv the candidate wasn't aware either. All you need is some type of mail or bill with your address on it. Ok grabbed the actual paper for you guys, word for word, "current residence*-3 documents proving current residence from the list above REFLECTING ACTIVITY within the past 60 days"
    These are different if you were under 21 during that 2010/2011 period correct? I was 18 at the time and didn't have my own checking account or credit card, but I do have the w-2 forms. Anyone else in that position? I'd like to get everything figured out sooner than later. I remember hearing a notarized letter could work in lieu of those things if you were under 21, along with a hs diploma from a city school or something.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    These are different if you were under 21 during that 2010/2011 period correct? I was 18 at the time and didn't have my own checking account or credit card, but I do have the w-2 forms. Anyone else in that position? I'd like to get everything figured out sooner than later. I remember hearing a notarized letter could work in lieu of those things if you were under 21, along with a hs diploma from a city school or something.
    Yeah I'm in the same spot as you except I fortunately did have a banking account in 2010-2011. I'm giving in my statements from those dates, w-2 from those dates and my high school transcript and letter of graduation. If I understand the packet correctly it states that if you're 21 or younger at the time of taking the test, you only need to provide one document from the list above and one from the list below, A total of two. If you have your W-2 from 2010 and 2011 and a High school diploma and transcript you should be alright. Though if you could conjure anything else up it really could not hurt you.

EDIT: I'm bringing the notarized letter from my parents as well.

Question, would someone like myself and mocon337 need a detailed earnings statement if we bring the letter saying our parents supported us after high school? I've only worked part time jobs since high school and I'm fulfilling the 6-months full time work with my college credits. I've heard only negative things about the social security office so I'm trying to avoid it but if need be I will take a run down there.
    Last edited by Mtk123; 03-18-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Forum Member

My time isn't anywhere close, but seeing how the investigators are asking for billing statements with a NYC address proving that you're a resident, what happens if you get all your bills emailed to you....
    Last edited by PTPer; 03-18-2013 at 11:38 PM.
    List #: 33XX

Forum Member

All you need is some type of mail or bill with your address on it. Ok grabbed the actual paper for you guys, word for word, "current residence*-3 documents proving current residence from the list above REFLECTING ACTIVITY within the past 60 days"
    This part confuses me, mail with that address you lived at in the city showing activity in past 60 days or just whatever your current address is in the past 60 days. I'm goin' call candidate investigations tomorrow and hopefully get an answer on this. I need a friggin drink now, I didn't even want to leave Queens. I only did it because my GF is born and raised on LI. To the single guys out there, stay single. Love makes you do stupid things.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

I have a checking account that I share jointly with a relative but have my own card with my name. I also have a credit card that I dont use but is the same, joint with a relative even thou I haven't used it years. I have like 3 w2's for my multiple security jobs and I have a drivers license, security license for the same address that I have always lived in. Are they gonna give me a problem with what I mentioned?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    Have you guys had to get summons depositions to investigators or are they not doing that?
    The application says NOTHING about summons, they just want arrests or vehicle infractions , anyone not have their license at intake interview or will I really be the first one? I figure as long as I have it by appointment, if that happens *crosses fingers*, i should be fine

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchBK View Post
    The application says NOTHING about summons, they just want arrests or vehicle infractions , anyone not have their license at intake interview or will I really be the first one? I figure as long ashave it by appointment, if that happens *crosses fingers*, i should be fine
    What the application or packet says vs what they ask from you is slightly different. I'm not sure if its based on investigators, but as of today 3 seperate investigators asked for the current residency stuff. Also they have you make copies of any dispositions when you're in the auditorium. I don't have any summonses or arrests so i can't tell you more about this. But this residency thing they were definitely requiring it today. Its simple 3 bills showing the address you claimed resident points on within 60 days
    SnatchBK likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    This part confuses me, mail with that address you lived at in the city showing activity in past 60 days or just whatever your current address is in the past 60 days. I'm goin' call candidate investigations tomorrow and hopefully get an answer on this. I need a friggin drink now, I didn't even want to leave Queens. I only did it because my GF is born and raised on LI. To the single guys out there, stay single. Love makes you do stupid things.
    Pretty sure you're fine. I think its just a few bills from your current address.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PTPer View Post
    My time isn't anywhere close, but seeing how the investigators are asking for billing statements with a NYC address proving that you're a resident, what happens if you get all your bills emailed to you....
    Then you print them out...
    Exam 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 9xx

OAK
    Forum Member

Does anyone know how far back they want you to go with the moving summonses?

Forum Member

What the application or packet says vs what they ask from you is slightly different. I'm not sure if its based on investigators, but as of today 3 seperate investigators asked for the current residency stuff. Also they have you make copies of any dispositions when you're in the auditorium. I don't have any summonses or arrests so i can't tell you more about this. But this residency thing they were definitely requiring it today. Its simple 3 bills showing the address you claimed resident points on within 60 days
    I claimed my residency points to my old apt in the Bronx when I lived there in college with a few buddies. Since I graduated, I moved to queens. My current address is not the same address I lived in from 2010-11. This won't be a problem will it. I am getting nervous however they can't penalize someone for moving. Can anyone put their two cents on this I am sure many others are in the same boat.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List #: 20xx

Forum Member

I had my intake also, claimed residency, and used my college credits as my qualifier. Here is the full list of what I brought and the investigator said I had everything they needed:

SS card (original)
    HS diploma (original)
    Birth Certificate (original or certified copy)
    W2 forms 2007-2012
    Bank Statements for the residency period
    CC Statements for the residency period
    college transcript (still in the sealed envelope DONT BREAK THE SEAL)
    NYS drivers abstract
    one recent pay stub
    5 year (2007-2011 since 2012 wasnt ready yet) detailed earning statement from the ss office ($25)
    $75 money order
    a copy of the 1 summons I received & a disposition from the court

My investigator told me since the summons was over 10 years old, and dismissed it wouldnt have came up on my finger prints, so take that for what it's worth.

the recent pay stub is to verify the address you've been providing as your current address is valid. If you claimed residency and can provide the documents for the time period we are required to, YOU ARE FINE.
    TomFromQueens and SnatchBK like this.

Forum Member

I suggest to get to the intake interview early. They do their best to process you in the order you came and it goes quickly if you're there first. Make sure you have the $75 money order and that your background packet is completely filled out.

Also, it's good to get there early because they make copies of all your documents themselves. For some unknown reason, they don't accept outside copies. They'll make all the copies for you and getting there early avoids waiting in line for the copy machine.

Once you meet your investigator and he or she looks over all the documents and your packet, you'll get a sheet listing all the required documents and the investigator checks off what you brought and notes what you'll still need, if anything.

Forum Member

Thanks for info, guys who have gone.

Also, this mobile version of the forum kicks ***.

Forum Member

HopefulFF -
    You said you needed to get a court doc for the summons - was the summons something you got printed for? The applicant packet doesnt ask for anything about summons docs and I dont think open container summons comes up on a fingerprint check. Just looking to get some info

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Thanks for info, guys who have gone.

Also, this mobile version of the forum kicks ***.
    For a second I thought I was in the wrong website, had a blonde moment lol.

Forum Member

This process is such a pain in the rear end. Just got off the phone with my investigator. I requested a copy of my college transcript to be sent to them on March 9th but my investigator said she has not received it. Im requesting another one to be mailed to them.

Does anyone know if CID will let us know if we are good to go on the investigation portion once everything is done? or is it completely up to us to follow up with them? I just dont want to become a pain in their *** when im calling every 5 days to make sure they received everything i send them.
    Exam 2000
    List # 13X
    Score 106

Thread Information