Like Tree11296Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    OK guys question here about the medical. I am scheduled next week for my first medical date.

on the medical disclosure form it says "For any item to which you have checked "yes", please provide an explanation below, including treatment details. Additional documentation, including diagnostic and surgical reports, and reports of consultations shall be made available for review by the Bureau of Health Services on the date of your scheduled medical evaluation".

So does that mean that they have like a computer database that allows them to instantly look up and find any and all medical documentation for items to which you have selected yes, thus allowing them to retrieve all of my medical records at my appointment? Or does that mean that I am required to bring all medical documentation for items to which I have selected yes to my appointment?

I just wanna know if I need to get the documentation from the doctors that did my Lasik surgery, and wisdom tooth extraction.
    You will need to go get any and all documentation that you can for those items. I saw a bunch of people leave medical still needing to bring documentation back. Probably best to front load this and bring it with.
    vekdoggs75 and infolet333 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    OK guys question here about the medical. I am scheduled next week for my first medical date.

on the medical disclosure form it says "For any item to which you have checked "yes", please provide an explanation below, including treatment details. Additional documentation, including diagnostic and surgical reports, and reports of consultations shall be made available for review by the Bureau of Health Services on the date of your scheduled medical evaluation".

So does that mean that they have like a computer database that allows them to instantly look up and find any and all medical documentation for items to which you have selected yes, thus allowing them to retrieve all of my medical records at my appointment? Or does that mean that I am required to bring all medical documentation for items to which I have selected yes to my appointment?

I just wanna know if I need to get the documentation from the doctors that did my Lasik surgery, and wisdom tooth extraction.
    what do they mean by reports of consultations? what falls under that?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Also whats going on with the residency credit, I keep hearing that people are loosing it in big numbers but I don't put too much stock in the people who told me. They could just be talking about what they think will happen?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    what do they mean by reports of consultations? what falls under that?
    I am not sure what that means exactly, but I assume it means a write up of the consult that you received at the time of your procedure/visit etc. Has anyone on here had to go back with stuff from a surgery or anything like that?
    I will tell you that for me, I had two broken bones to report, not much else. The first one was a long time ago, and I brought a letter from the hospital stating that they didnt keep records after 6 years. The other one was in the military, and I had copies of the MRI reports, the couple of visits with the podiatrist, and a few other miscellaneous documents for that. It seemed to satisfy the Doc, so I left it at that. I got the impression that if you bring SOMETHING from the procedure or whatever in your case, you should be ok. Of course they can always ask for more if you show up with insuffcient documentation or a crayon drawing of a bone broke in half and signed "A DokTor"
    Exam 2000
    List #1**

Forum Member

Also whats going on with the residency credit, I keep hearing that people are loosing it in big numbers but I don't put too much stock in the people who told me. They could just be talking about what they think will happen?
    Prob just a rumor, but it is one that def happens. For some reason people understand the definition of "residency" when they actually take the exam and others just think they're slick and they'll beat the system. For our sake, I am praying this rumor is true.

Forum Member

I think someone posted a few post back that there is a June 3rd cut off for getting your residency papers in. Don't know if that has anything to do with guys not getting the points though.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

A friend just took the medical and while he was there they told him only 15 PHs have passed everything and are just awaiting the run.

Highest number I've heard from a reliable source is 60. So either way looking good as far as getting more OC guys in.

Forum Member

If you had any surgeries done, you need to get a copy of the operative report from the facility/doctor that did the surgery. I had to get mine from a facility in North Carolina, and just had to fill out a form, sign, and send it in. I received an email from them with the report, which I just had to pay $1.50. Make sure you bring that with you when you go, otherwise they will tell you that you still need that. When you go back in the doctor will look over the report, check you out to see if there are any problems still, and hopefully in your case, sign you off that you are good to go.

Forum Member

Went for a run and a swim today and probably should've had more water. Stay hydrated lads it's rough out there.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I think someone posted a few post back that there is a June 3rd cut off for getting your residency papers in. Don't know if that has anything to do with guys not getting the points though.
    So around this time we will find out how tough they are on the points. And this June 3rd deadline is only for those in the process right? When I read that the first time I got nervous thinking I was uninformed and behind the 8 ball.

Forum Member

someone officially put this medical business to rest for me... Please

Like many other athletes on here Im sure you have a list of things that you injured and saw a doctor for.
    If it was nothing serious can it be omitted? Examples for me...
    -Last year I strained my back. Saw a doc she recommended PT so it wouldn't happen again or was less likely to happen again
    -Recently sprained my thumb; saw doctor to make sure it wasn't serious so i could continue working out without doing further damage.
    -When I was 18(8years ago) I had a "procedure" to remove ingrown toe nails
    - I have seasonal allergies. Doesn't affect my breathing I just get a sneeze attack in the spring

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    A friend just took the medical and while he was there they told him only 15 PHs have passed everything and are just awaiting the run.

Highest number I've heard from a reliable source is 60. So either way looking good as far as getting more OC guys in.
    I heard some one was arrested for assault on another fire fighter.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 05-30-2013 at 09:37 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Manhattan medic are your PMs on?

Forum Member

What??????

Forum Member

What does that have to do with the what you quoted? Please elaborate......

Forum Member

This is becoming into a he said she said, and/or I heard thread. Where's the facts, etc. And if you did hear something, please elaborate and don't keep us in suspense!
    Last edited by almostthere; 05-30-2013 at 11:15 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    This is becoming into a he said she said, and/or I heard thread. Where's the facts, etc. And if you did hear something, please elaborate and don't keep us in suspense!
    Completely agree with what your saying about if you hear something then elaborate on it. As far as the he said she said comment, that's how it's been ever since I started following back in 08 with the 6019 thread. It's not just happening now and it's not something that only goes on in this thread. Concrete facts and info are rare, it's usually rumors, some true, some not.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Completely agree with what your saying about if you hear something then elaborate on it. As far as the he said she said comment, that's how it's been ever since I started following back in 08 with the 6019 thread. It's not just happening now and it's not something that only goes on in this thread. Concrete facts and info are rare, it's usually rumors, some true, some not.
    Yeah, you are right. I guess I am just interested in the recent several post, especially the one about the arrest. lol Sorry about my last comment!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Manhattan medic are your PMs on?
    Yes. Fire away.

Forum Member

I think he is talking about this.......
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1358964
    I doubt it has something to do with who is getting in or not. The two firefighters seemed to be veterans of FDNY, so it seemed to me it was a dispute between two grown men. We have no idea what it was about, and I don't want to speculate.
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 05-31-2013 at 01:26 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post

15 seems like a pretty crazy number. I've heard around 60-80 also. Now if we only had a better idea of how many EMS completed the process.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    15 seems like a pretty crazy number. I've heard around 60-80 also. Now if we only had a better idea of how many EMS completed the process.
    Yea I'm curious about that as well. We keep hearring rumors about the PHs but haven't heard much info on the EMS promos.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Yea I'm curious about that as well. We keep hearring rumors about the PHs but haven't heard much info on the EMS promos.
    over the past few weeks people here have been guessing any where from 100-150 would be in the July class. That +/- of 50 is big for us, obviously.

Forum Member

What happens to people who lose residency points? Do they just get a new list number based on their new (lower) score without the extra points? Also, what happens to those who would now be ahead of those who lost points? Will you get a new (potentially lower) list number?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    over the past few weeks people here have been guessing any where from 100-150 would be in the July class. That +/- of 50 is big for us, obviously.
    yea thats what Ive been reading/hearing as well. What im also curious about is if there is 100-150 ems in this class, how many would be in the next class as well? of course no one really knows, but Im always curious to hear what do you guys think, helps ease my boredom lol.

Thread Information